It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My morning coffee, come share a cup! c(_)

page: 447
<< 444  445  446    448  449  450 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Really?

So this is some hospital acquired nonsense of some kind? It still boggles the mind that such things can occur, despite their prevalence in the media in recent years.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

The injection became infected, but my sis just brushed it aside (dozy cow) eventually she ended up in A&E three ops to clean it out but in the meantime she got sepsis, the docs did everything they could but were shooting in the dark until the cultures were good enough to grow.

Now they have, they can target the specific bacterium, and being my sis she has to have 2 types,

Cody

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I am like that at Burger King. I go in for a burger, but I always leave the counter with two!

Sepsis is not a good circumstance to find oneself in. I take it that not only have the infections been identified, but the septic attack has been mitigated? The real danger with sepsis is organ damage, so I would hope that the potential for that has been minimised by this point!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Incidentally, for those who did NOT show up here as refugees from the closed Valentines thread, and also the subsequently closed Rainbow Room, I am TrueBrit, I drink ale, rum, and tea. That would, one would think, tend to suggest that the coffee thread is the wrong place for little old me. However, I drink my tea in the morning while reading up on any ATS events that I may have missed during my slumber, and I use it as wake up juice, just as much as others use a "cup of joe".

So, in short, that works perfectly well for me!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Sorry True
No amount of coffee was going to keep me awake apparently, a mad dash to hospital was NOT how I intended to spend my wedding anniversary night

Mum just told me the doctor's are very optimistic now

Organ failure was our worry, I know my sis is one tough cookie, but I've never seen her so rough.

We have thing in my family about breaking bad news, if I ever answer the phone and hear, "Hi I'm only phoning because if I didn't tell you, you would be angry"

It's grab the bug out bag and run like hell time.

Cody

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Hi Cody,
What's the latest on our sis?
Send her my best wishes?
cheers

Coffee time..... can I have something a bit... stronger in mine please??

Here's a question - What's the best liqueur coffee?

I like a cointreau in mine.... or a Glayva or Drambuie.... But am willing to try out as many other suggestions as poss!!

Any clues as to why the new Rainbows Room was "Temporarily Closed"?
Talk about a roller-coaster! (I think that's why I need a little something in my coffee!!)
Hope jane's alright? this must be driving her to distraction?

Anyways - must get back to the grindstone! Thanks for the coffee!!

Big G

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Ouch... there is never a good time for a family member to fall ill, but that particular chronological confluence has to rank amongst the top ten worst ones!

And on the matter of tardy replies, I hardly think one can be blamed under such circumstances, for delaying communications in favour of gaining needed rest. When the faeces hits the rotary airflow regulator, you deal with it and crash, THEN take care of the run of the mill. This much is understood, and requires no expression of apology, nor feeling as if one ought to make one. It is simply the way of things

I hope you get all the downtime you will need to recover your lost sleep, and regain the energies you expended in concern.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Eyes are open, I think I can detect smile trying to form and a hand squeeze just happened

Looking good

Cody

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Sorry to hear your sister isn't up to snuff! (((((HUGS))))) for all of you Cody!
This past year has been rough on a lot of us. Hopefully things will improve for us all very soon!

Having a cup of Colombian while I wait for a 40 ft. Conex to be delivered to move the rest of the house (contents) into. I have a guy coming to complete the demolition on Friday and the utility companies will be here to cut everything off and remove their gear Thursday so I will be MIA for a while mostly. I will be in and out until then but will try to make it around during the time in between demolition and the new digs being put into place. I'm so tired! When this is done and your sister is doing better I think we both need a really big nap!!!

PS..... Astro says he's keeping your spot warm!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

cody599

Eyes are open, I think I can detect smile trying to form and a hand squeeze just happened

Looking good

Cody

BRILLIANT! Just Brilliant.

Send her our love.

G

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I drink my tea in the morning while reading up on any ATS events that I may have missed during my slumber

So, in short, that works perfectly well for me!

I actually like to have a poo whilst squinting my eyes and pushing out Hurrrgghhhhhhhhhh like noises when catching up on the latest from ATS first thing in the morning if it is of any important information to anyone?

*coughs*

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Dude...

EPIC TMI FTW!

Seriously though....whiskey tango foxtrot is all I can say lol

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Give your sister a massive big healing hug from me mate... and massive big hugs to you and Mrs C too...

Warmest respects

Rod

Ps. Last day of hunting yesterday... we all had a meal together... Mrs R is still not speaking to me... even after I specially sent her a bunch of flowers to her workplace to apologise for the state I rolled into the house yesterday afternoon...

However, what I cannot come to grips with is why does my head still hurt at 14:51?

Guess who is massaging Mrs Rs feet tonight?

edit on 24/2/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Rod.......

I'm too tired for this! Where is Nat so I can hand off the rolling pin?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I currently have all my limbs, digits, eyes, and the more agreeable of my bodily organs crossed for you and yours Cody... That's great progress from your sister, and long may that trend continue!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Erm... I will not reccomend Eau de vie (Poire)... Distilled Pear juice...

This is what got me into trouble with Mrs R yesterday after someone filled up my coffee cup with a whole 1 litre bottle yesterday...

I think that when I brushed my teeth this morning the toothbrush came out of my mouth sterilised...

OooooooooOOOOO My poor head...

It is so hard to work today..

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

*Poke poke poketity poke, prod poke poke*

Hehehehehe *grins wickedly*

I love Nat... she is wonderful to me...

If you could see the self satisfied grin I have on my face right now?

Kindest respects

*POKE AGAIN*

Rod

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by Rodinus

Dude...

EPIC TMI FTW!

Seriously though....whiskey tango foxtrot is all I can say lol

Tango Hotel Alpha November Kilo Yankee Oscar Uniform.

*Winks*

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 24/2/14 by Rodinus because: Whoops forgot a word

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Oh, are you poking me to get my attention?
You must want to help me work today!!!
Wear your galoshes... it's muddy as heck out there!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Morning peeps!

Um, I mean afternoon!

Cody give your Sis big hugs from me. I'm sorry to hear she has to go through all this.

Is there still coffee in the pot? If so just stick a straw in it and send it this way!

Has anyone heard from Jane this morning?

new topics

top topics

<< 444  445  446    448  449  450 >>

join