It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'DAILY SHOW' Creator Says OKLA. Tornado Meant For Conservatives, Apolgizes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Wow...I try my best to stay away from the left-right paradigm....but...
Best joke of the day. For real. Thank you for that.

Is this how the Progressive / Liberal mind works?
If you stay away from the left/right paradigm, you should recognize that the idea that a political affiliation means all within it think the same is just downright foolish.

We are still pulling children's lifeless bodies from the rubble and this is some sort of political joke? How low can you go? Disgusting.
This I agree with, but if you try not to play the left/right paradigm, why are you focusing only on the disgusting rhetoric from the left, and not the ones on the right saying very similar things?

I am so disgusted at the politicization of these tragedies, not only from the politicians, but from the people that claim to be against such things.

Youve got people trying to make it into gun debate (lots of comments like "maybe we should outlaw or register all tornadoes), to this twit saying such an awful thing, to people trying to use it to attack obama.

The hypocrisy is nauseating.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

Can I go grab some random offensive tweets about gay people from Tea Party people and post them as an example of ALL CONSERVATIVES IN AMERICA!?

There are a few genuine political tweets in there with valid points. This is a Republican region, and the Republican party has a position on smaller government and less involvement in things like this. You cannot just decide to change what a party believes as and when it suits your argument.

Is it too soon to be making political points like this? Yes, probably, but they're not wrong.

The rest are just tweets you've thrown in there from random haters to boost that hatred and bile a little. It's a lame move and is pretty meaningless.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Can you grab some conservative tweets about liberals dying during the tornado?

. . . . Waiting. . .

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

. . . . Waiting. . .

I don't touch twitter, but I would bet there are tweets such as that....

Back on subject, she is no longer affiliated with the Daily Show as far as I can tell. And she was the CO-creator.

I've seen BOTH republicans and democrats make this same exact joke after tragedies. The hurricanes hitting the east coast, and the fires in Texas. Republicans said god was targeting liberals with the hurricanes. Democrats countered mockingly that maybe god was targeting Texas because they were conservatives.

Yes, it's stupid in all cases, and I'm not justifying it. I'm laying out related facts.
One thing I'll say is this: Don't sit back with your holier-than-thou attitudes. Both parties have done the same thing already.

edit on 21-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

. . . . Waiting. . .

Careful Beez...stupidity is bi-partisan..Conservatives have been oft qouted about "God's will" when natural disaster's hit liberal geographies, and it's not just the Jerry Fawell/Pat Robertson crowd. Shall we re-visit the hurricaine Sandy nonsense?

(A) For effs sake it's "twitter"...The whole idea you can paint millions of people with one brush cuz some singular person tweeted something is retarded.

(B) The question of government's role in disaster relief and it's legitimacy being dependant on red state/blue state is a fair question to explore...ditto global warming's relationship to extreme weather..

Doesn't mean that these tweets were in good taste, but some were at least thought provoking and worth discussing...lest this thread be useless as a "tweet".

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

. . . . Waiting. . .

The author of the recent best-seller, The Tea Party Manifesto: A Vision for an American Rebirth, said on his website today that the Joplin tornado is God's punishment for President Barack Obama's treatment of Israel.

rturner229.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
reply to post by Kituwa

Can I go grab some random offensive tweets about gay people from Tea Party people and post them as an example of ALL CONSERVATIVES IN AMERICA!?

There are a few genuine political tweets in there with valid points. This is a Republican region, and the Republican party has a position on smaller government and less involvement in things like this. You cannot just decide to change what a party believes as and when it suits your argument.

Is it too soon to be making political points like this? Yes, probably, but they're not wrong.

The rest are just tweets you've thrown in there from random haters to boost that hatred and bile a little. It's a lame move and is pretty meaningless.

Feel free to.

Go out there and get-em kid.

If that what toots your horn, have at it!!!!!!!!

Last I checked, this thread was about the tornado in Oklahoma.

How you decided to throw the Tea Party and gays in the mix is behond me.
edit on 21-5-2013 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I don't have anymore time for this BS thread that has just become a dogma fest.

I'm gonna go get clothes, blankets, and other stuff for the people suffering in OK and contribute to a relief org.

Yeah, I'm a progressive in many respects but I care about people more than promoting a political agenda.

adios.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

. . . . Waiting. . .

The author of the recent best-seller, The Tea Party Manifesto: A Vision for an American Rebirth, said on his website today that the Joplin tornado is God's punishment for President Barack Obama's treatment of Israel.

rturner229.blogspot.com...

I don't want to add fuel to the fire, but I will pose this one question.
What's worse? Someone trying to make a joke about it but failing? Or someone 100% serious in their claim?

TBH, I'm not quite sure. They're probably the same. But the lady did apologize at least when she realized kids were involved, or so it seems.

I think it's an interesting ethical issue. An issue where both people do the exact same thing but for different motives. Do the motives matter, or is the act itself all that matters?

Let's look at it from an ethical standpoint, not political.
edit on 21-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I think twitter is some kind of Tourette Syndrome inducing software. People just blurt out the most insane idiotic things to thousands or millions of folks. And they actually race to do it...I just don't understand. I am only in my early 40's, but has actually thinking...just a little...before blurting crap out....gone out of style?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Lizz Winstead heard about the tornado touching down in Oklahoma today and her liberal ideology quickly kicked in.

Winstead, who created The Daily Show and uses social media to promote her far-left views, sent out this Twitter joke earlier today:

This tornado is in Oklahoma so clearly it has been ordered to only target conservatives.

Social media brushback quickly followed, and Winstead served up a speedy apology for letting her progressive nature supercede a sense of decency toward the victims of the tornado.

www.breitbart.com...

Wow...I try my best to stay away from the left-right paradigm....but...

Is this how the Progressive / Liberal mind works?

We are still pulling children's lifeless bodies from the rubble and this is some sort of political joke?

How low can you go?

Disgusting.

Edit to Add:

I like this response to the breitbart story from a reader:

How about a $100,000 apology to the Red Cross?

edit on 20-5-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

This is as bad as conservative Pat Robertson blames the tornadoes last week on victims not praying. It's disgusting.

global.christianpost.com...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Let's step back and watch this...what are we all really arguing about? Should we be....

Link

skip to 1:10 and wait for it....

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
All right already!

Mea Culpa!

There are idiots on both sides of the political spectrum!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Let's step back and watch this...what are we all really arguing about? Should we be....

Link

skip to 1:10 and wait for it....

Wish I could star you more than once!

This is what we should be posting about!!!!!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's obvious that her comment is a reference to the IRS scandal. Is it funny? No. Is it tasteful? No. Was she doing it out of hatred for all conservatives? No.

Anyways. got to love the double-standard of some in this thread. If a liberal does it, it's somehow representative of liberals, but if a conservative does it, they're simply individuals.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Geez, that is a "foot in the mouth," moment of epic proportions. I look at this way, if someone is willing to dish out the crap? Then, they better be able to take it when it is hurled right back in their direction. This is just a matter of another cretin having poor taste. You know what? I have seen miscreants from both parties exhibit poor taste on a whole range of issues. Think before you speak! It is that easy.

As for her apology, or as the OP pointed about a Breitbart reader gesturing that she make a $100,000 donation? Do neither, because both are not genuine. These acts are only done to save face. She washes her hands, and moves on. How about this? The people of Oklahoma demand that she come in person to assist with the clean-up, and other aide related activities. Take a few weeks off from her multi-million dollar Manhattan apartment, and see in the flesh exactly whom she was disrespecting. Just an idea. With virulant statements like her's? Perhaps, she is a crypto-convert to the Westboro Baptist Church?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties
It's obvious that her comment is a reference to the IRS scandal. Is it funny? No. Is it tasteful? No. Was she doing it out of hatred for all conservatives? No.

Anyways. got to love the double-standard of some in this thread. If a liberal does it, it's somehow representative of liberals, but if a conservative does it, they're simply individuals.

^^ THIS ^^

I like how this was a headline today on Drudge but no sign of Pat Robertsons claim that last weks tornadoes were blamed on not praying. She apologized for her statement, I'm still waiting for Pat's redaction.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Why are all these people who are involved in politics making stupid comments after these recent horrible tragedies? You have this woman, Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, and a couple of democrats and republicans comments after the boston bombing.

Edit: I do find it funny now Winstead is trying to save face and keeps tweeting about donating money to the victims which is very nice but it makes her look even more like a fake.
edit on 21-5-2013 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
How about this one? Think this woman gives a damn about party affiliation or excuses or saying sorry. People in places of power who others listen to should be held to a higher standard. There was a time in America this happened and it has nothing to do with who is in power right now.

Link

She saved her daughter by holding her hair....I have 3 kids and cannot imagine.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Disgusting.

For some people, political views ARE their religion, and even when they receive the kind of public backlash this precipitated they have a choir of fanbois waiting in the wings (in private, of course) trying to rationalize it and soften the blow for them, or convince them that they are right and good on you for having the balls to say it.

"No, you're totally right - they got what they deserved." or "# them if they can't take a joke..." (suddenly the hateful comment becomes a joke - after all they produce a comedy show, RIGHT??)

It's happened with Katrina vs.(fill in the blank), and Sandy vs. (fill in the blank), and even that earthquake on the east coast that put a crack in the Washington monument. These are just events in recent memory, I'm sure this crap has been going on since time immemorial.

I suppose these people would also think that the residents of Hawaii have angered the god Pele because of their (fill in the blank) views/actions and are eagerly awaiting for her to sweep them all into the ocean in a river of fire.

This is the only problem that I have with religion and things that are treated as if they were a religion. It somehow gives people an unfounded excuse to be hateful or hurtful and seek justification based on their own personal beliefs or superstitions.

S+F, however I don't see this behavior going away any time soon regardless of the outcries.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join