It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'DAILY SHOW' Creator Says OKLA. Tornado Meant For Conservatives, Apolgizes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Who gives a hoot what "Lizz Winstead" said. Your only feeding her by making this thread. Everyone is so easy to get offended these days. Furthermore, she's controlled opposition, don't feed him.
edit on 21-5-2013 by Kang69 because: /facepalm i failed hard

edit on 21-5-2013 by Kang69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Republicans have been claiming for years that liberals are to blame for disasters in America:

Pat Robertson blames tornado victims for carnage

www.nydailynews.com...

PAt is getting on in years and his mind is failing him. Where is the christianity in you pat? You are to love your fellow man not blame him for a natural disaster. Robertson is not a true christian anymore than Obama is a honest polotician.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

How dare he blame these dead children and their families for not praying hard enough to some man made God. If anything, those folks pray down there in Oaklahoma more than they do anywhere in America other than The Mormons praying to their fairy tale stories up in Utah.

Religion is positive in a lot of ways, but not when con artists like Robertson are allowed to speak on anyones behalf. Pat Robertson is a liar and a fraud. He's also a cheater. Just last week it was found that he's been cheating on his wife.

Some Christian eh? What a joke. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Her comment was dumb, poorly timed and insensitive...

But

She's a comedian and a political satarist, she was drawing a parallel to all the nutcase right wing religious fanatics that blame gays, liberals, Obama etc for every single disaster this country has faced in the last 5+ years.

The difference between someone like her and these people is that she doesn't actually believe what she said.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
How did this turn into Bash Pat Robertson? Well played left....well played....Is Jay Carney in the house???
edit on 21-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by Signals

When people remain progressive into adulthood it kinda shows a lack of maturity and common sense. It is like they never grow up and want the lie that is the progressive mindset to be true even though life should be pointing them towards being conservative.

That is why never be surprised at the lack of empathy or maturity when dealing with adult progressives. It is because many of them have never really grown up.

If you are not a liberal progressive by the time you are 18 you have no heart if you are not a conservative by the time you are 30 you have no brains.
I have been saying the same thing for years. It's nice to know that I'm not alone...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Rocker2013

Can you grab some conservative tweets about liberals dying during the tornado?

. . . . Waiting. . .

The author of the recent best-seller, The Tea Party Manifesto: A Vision for an American Rebirth, said on his website today that the Joplin tornado is God's punishment for President Barack Obama's treatment of Israel.

rturner229.blogspot.com...

I don't want to add fuel to the fire, but I will pose this one question.
What's worse? Someone trying to make a joke about it but failing? Or someone 100% serious in their claim?

TBH, I'm not quite sure. They're probably the same. But the lady did apologize at least when she realized kids were involved, or so it seems.

I think it's an interesting ethical issue. An issue where both people do the exact same thing but for different motives. Do the motives matter, or is the act itself all that matters?

Let's look at it from an ethical standpoint, not political.
edit on 21-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

No, she apologized when she started getting blasted by people for her insensitivity!
You say you don't want to add fuel to the fire then why do you keep coming back with attempts to justify what an ignorant person said?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I know a lot of liberals and progressives in Oklahoma who had their lives shattered that she ought to meet before popping off with something so short sighted.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

This tornado is in Oklahoma so clearly it has been ordered to only target conservatives.

And, I assume, you support the Minister who said

A fundamentalist Christian minister, John McTernan, has posted on his blog that Hurricane Sandy is plain and simple proof that “God is systematically destroying America.”

His comments echo some made last year by Congresswoman Michele Bachmann after Hurricane Irene. God, said Bachmann, has given us natural disasters to tell the U.S. to cut government.

Read more: www.care2.com...

Or this one, from an elected offical (or elected something anyway)

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, who is ordained as a minister in the Southern Baptist Church, said Friday on Fox News that "we've systematically removed God from our schools."
"Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage?" he asked.

Or the hundread of other bigoted comments made by conversatives. And you get all pissy when someone dares to say anything.

Have some real standards - not a parrot (or modern usage would be tool) of the bigoted.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

I think the real standard to uphold is to avoid stooping to this level of insanity and show some sincere and heartfelt empathy for the victims (and not only when the cameras are rolling and/or you have an audience of Facebook/Twitter twits to pander to).

Matthew 6 covers this quite nicely, for the religiously inclined. Don't forget to move your feet with those prayers, too.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I hate the daily show

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Or this one, from an elected offical (or elected something anyway)

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, who is ordained as a minister in the Southern Baptist Church, said Friday on Fox News that "we've systematically removed God from our schools."

Or the hundread of other bigoted comments made by conversatives. And you get all pissy when someone dares to say anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a Christian. I don’t run around preaching to everyone. I am one who prays in the closet so to speak.

When I was a kid, I knew that if I picked up a gun, put it to someone’s head, and then pulled the trigger, I would have to answer to someone for it. A lot of kids these days have no morals. They feel as though they don’t have to answer to anyone for anything. I truly believe a lot of the murders that have taken place in recent years could very well have been prevented if god was in their lives.

I don’t look at myself as a conservative, but as a libertarian with some conservative overtones. In my research, I found liberals more prone to commit murder than conservatives. Is this because God is out of the picture? If God isn’t there, than whom are you to answering too? The authorities? America is the only country in the world where being a criminal in prison isn’t a bad thing. You get 3 squares a day, weight lifting, and an education to boot once you get out.

edit on 22-5-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Just a question : have the people there been warned of the tornado arriving?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Rocker2013

Can you grab some conservative tweets about liberals dying during the tornado?

. . . . Waiting. . .

I probably could, but that's not the point is it.
I'm a liberal, left-leaning, but I'm so tired of this BS in the USA where you all think you need to cheer for one team or the other, and everything is an opportunity to attack.

Why can't people think for yourselves, and admit when someone on their "team" screws up? She is an ignoramus, she made a stupid political swipe because she saw an opportunity and it turned out bad for her.

Just stop jumping up and down and waving around those pompoms long enough to have a proper internal conversation with yourself.

Her stupidly ignorant and politically motivated comment puts her right down on that bottom rung with all those right wing nut bags who make similar idiotic statements when they have the chance to make a politically motivated attack. I view those people as extreme political activists with little or no morality, and I'll now view her in the same way.

She has embarrassed a lot of decent liberal people by sinking to that stereotypical extremist conservative level - even I, as a liberal, can understand and accept that.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Thank God they reduced the casualty toll down to 24. At one point they said there were 20 children who died but now its seven. Still a tragedy but considering the size of the storm maybe we got lucky.
One of the children who died was african american. I don't see anything to joke about or politicize about this.
I've criticized The daily Show before, Comedy Central has some sick SOBS.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
How did this turn into Bash Pat Robertson? Well played left....well played....Is Jay Carney in the house???
edit on 21-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

Ya, because we know only the left say stupid things and are hypocrits.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Slugworth

Originally posted by Slugworth
I don't understand how people can have time to be offended by jokes when there is so much truly offensive stuff happening in the world.

Hear! Hear! It's like someone pooped on their cracker.

It's not politically correct to joke about natural disasters. But I'm not one to cling to political correctness or to take offense at every joke some comedy writer wants to utter. I don't understand people who display such righteous indignation every time someone makes a joke.

And if "the left" is characterized by this one person's stupid joke, then surely, you'll agree that "the right" is characterized by George W Bush (NOT a comedy writer, but the leader of our country) making jokes about WMDs in Iraq?

Lighten up and quit crying. It's a JOKE. Or be offended and lash out at the entire left wing. It just makes you look like a "sensitive Sally".

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The level of hatred in the world sometimes paralyses me. What can one do in the face of it and where does it come from? In some cases I can at least have some understanding of how it manifested if the person is from a war torn nation and has only known pain and hate but when it comes from someone like this it sends a shiver up my spine. It makes me fear for humanity.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strakha
The level of hatred in the world sometimes paralyses me. What can one do in the face of it and where does it come from? In some cases I can at least have some understanding of how it manifested if the person is from a war torn nation and has only known pain and hate but when it comes from someone like this it sends a shiver up my spine. It makes me fear for humanity.

Because humanity as a whole are a hateful, vengeful, greedy species. Which in turn makes God (if there is one) a hateful, vengeful, greedy entity. Because after all the Bible tells us that God created humans in his own 'image and likeness'.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strakha

I agree - the hateful responses on here to what amounted to a stupid, not-so-funny *joke* are shameful. It makes me fear for humanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join