It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'DAILY SHOW' Creator Says OKLA. Tornado Meant For Conservatives, Apolgizes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Never thought I would see so many people here that are against Freedom of Speech. What she said was insensitive and stupid but that is her right.

This pathetic progressive scumbag has the right to say whatever she wants I have the right to tell her just how messed up in the head she is.

I believe like my post above stated that many progressives are still children when it comes to emotional interactions. They lack empathy and tend to be very selfish. It is almost like a sickness of the mind. They only think about the ramifications of what they do and say after the fact. Just like a teenager acting out.
edit on 21-5-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I think she should PAY each and every affected family, and then pay someone to smack some sense into her, on camera. Wow, some people!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Only a hate filled twisted mind would associate this act of nature with politics. Hate filled twisted minds that obsess on politics will find fault in anything and everything they see blaming the opposing political view. I wouldn't have associated this natural disaster and tragedy with politics in a million years. It really shows when you obsess on politics enough you become insane with a rage, sort of like road rage but it's political rage, people that suffer from this type of rage should really seek professional help.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Why should anyone care about what this person tweets ? What's the big deal ?

Will the tweet kill more people or destroy more infrastructure ?

OP, if you're so horrified about what happened in Oklahoma, to the point that some random/lame tweet has you all up in arms and hot and steamy and stuff, then pardon my english, but get off your a$$ and go there to actually help, instead of wasting your time at blatant political baiting here on ATS.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Never thought I would see so many people here that are against Freedom of Speech.

:shk: Typical ....

No one here said they wanted to take away her freedom of speech.
But people here are using THEIR freedom of speech to give their impression of her.
She's an idiot. So is Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse for his global warming remark.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by buster2010

Seriously is someone paying you to make these posts all over the boards? Or are these posts jokes?

No one in this thread said anything about denying her right to say anything.

So you missed over where she should pay 100k for saying it? If you are going to charge someone for saying something then that is denying them of their Freedom of Speech. I apologize that my posts aren't simple enough for you to understand them.

link   
She has the freedom to say what she said.

We have the freedom to ignore what she said.

To take it a step further, we also have the freedom to ignore her product (The Daily Show).

beez

link   

Originally posted by CB328
Republicans have been claiming for years that liberals are to blame for disasters in America

Um .. no. Quoting Pat Robertson and trying to make him out to be the spokesperson for all Republicans is like quoting the Daily Show creator and saying her comments represent all democrats. That's absurd.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

So you missed over where she should pay 100k for saying it?

The suggestion was that she could APOLOGIZE by making a donation to the families she injured with her ignorant statements. That's not the same as saying that someone has to pay to speak. Not even close.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
stupid comment yes I agree, but nothing's wrong with being Stupid in the USA...

obviously if Obama can be blamed for causing the tornado, why can't it be said it was used to target Conservatives?

keep piling on the stupidity, let's just ignore the fact that a tornado happened in a tornado prone area during a predicted tornado outbreak in Spring...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Lizz Winstead = Scumbag

Freedom of speech.

Fantastic.

(Checks facts of the story)

Yep, still a scumbag...

Lizz Winstead = Scumbag

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Wow...I try my best to stay away from the left-right paradigm....but...

Is this how the Progressive / Liberal mind works?

I'm gonna call you a hypocrite. And I'm SOO calling your source a hypocrite too.

Yes, this "liberal" was wrong for making such a stupid and insensitive joke about this, and they deserve a hell of a lot of criticism, but to see the writer of that piece screaming about the left-wing using obvious and hypocritical "right-wing" attacks too, POT, KETTLE, BLACK!

Is the writer of that really so dumb they don't see their own insane hypocrisy?

And you are doing the same thing, assuming that anyone with a Progressive / Liberal mind is so insensitive too.

The idiot who made the original comment made it a political swipe, then the 'tards at Beitbart made it worse by claiming it was a bad political attack while politically attacking too! And then YOU add a third level to it, using a politically motivated attack to attack the politically motivated attack!

Here, let me join in and be just as hypocritical as you and Breitbart have been - all Conservatives are HYPOCRITES!

You see the stupidity of this now?
edit on 21-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I have watched about total of ten minutes of this so called "show".

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Rather than blowing things out of proportion, let's look at it again.

A member of ATS pointed out comment made someone else, elsewhere, that she prove she is sorry by making a $100K donation to the Red Cross to help the people she directly offended.

That is not the same thing as losing freedom of speech. If anything it would be living up to the old "putting your money where your mouth is" or "it's one thing to say it, but another thing to mean it."

Of course if you want to troll people by logical fallacy, I wouldn't try to defend someone that is so politically prejudiced as to use a tragic event to make a poor joke. It's kinda like praising the Rodney King Beating as proof that a Yugo could break 70 MPH.

edit on 21-5-2013 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yes, this woman is clearly speaking for every single progressive liberal in America, and the world in general.

In so much as Rush Limbaugh speaks for every single conservative.

Seriously.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
People arent perfect and they say and do stupid things all the time.

I never thought Gilbert should have lost the Aflac job or Hank Williams the MNF or Imus his radio show (temporarily) or any other nonsense. Sure, dump them if it looks like they're going to cost viewers or money or whatever but it's more than obvious that nobody really cared about any of these alleged "outrages" save a handful of lunatics with nothing better to do.

The only thing that intrigues me here is that she is the creator of the show. When Kilborn (when the show was watchable and even funny) there never appeared to be an obvious political bent to it. Just a general mocking of media and politics in general. Back when the thing to do was hate politicians for lying and stealing. Not to just hate the other teams politicians for lying and stealing while excusing the lying and stealing of your own team.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I say lock her and Pat Robertson in a room together (forever) with nobody else to talk to. Seems Pat has found his perfect counterpart, another who believes that God targets people for natural disaster or man-made tragedy based on their religious, political, or moral beliefs and opinions.

No, Signals, it isn't how the "progressive mind" works. Do you notice most "liberals" acting this way? I don't. I also don't notice most "conservatives" saying the sick things Robertson does. Those are two rate examples of people so apparently damaged by whatever it is which broke their minds, that they, and probably nearly 0.001% of the rest of the population, actually believe the nonsense they spout.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
What were those people thinking for living in a tornado area? Just like living near levees in New Orleans.

SARCASM.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The "Bill of Rights" to our Constitution reminds us of our right to the freedom to verbally express those opinions which we wish to say. It does not say anything about these things needing to be nice, polite, or acceptable.
I have often repeated a statement which I have heard a radio talkinghead make.

"One of the things which makes America great is our freedom of speech. We should also remember the backside of this; you do not have the right to not be offended. You just can't do anything about it."

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by Signals

When people remain progressive into adulthood it kinda shows a lack of maturity and common sense. It is like they never grow up and want the lie that is the progressive mindset to be true even though life should be pointing them towards being conservative.

That is why never be surprised at the lack of empathy or maturity when dealing with adult progressives. It is because many of them have never really grown up.

If you are not a liberal progressive by the time you are 18 you have no heart if you are not a conservative by the time you are 30 you have no brains.

A lot of really stupid, thoughtless things have been said in this thread. Hell, the thread itself is about a stupid, thoughtless thing somebody said. But, as far as I can tell, you topped both the lady whose words spawned this thread, as well as any of the other silly partisan banter you'll see here.

It's exactly this sort of black and white thinking that leads to violence. This idea that Liberals/Progressives - all of them - are mentally stunted idiots, if for no other reason than the political views they hold, which differ from your own, so obviously they're unempathic(?) immature morons is, in a word, absurd.

You are a perfect example of somebody who has let their extreme political leanings poison their worldview, to the point where the only good people who exist in your world are those who share your political beliefs. Nothing good has ever come from this sort of thinking.

I might suggest that you have a great deal of growing up to do, on a personal level. Think what you want politically, but you're a fool to let it color the way you see the world. Extreme political views of any stripe are insidious.
edit on 5/21/2013 by Monger because: eta

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join