It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark Dice deploys citizen drone against police.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Absolutely correct.

There cant be two sets of laws in a just society.

The government is below the people, not above it.

If its illegal for the people, it has to be illegal for the government.

If its legal for the government, it has to be legal for the people.

Oh and

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's legal to fly small drones in most places in US afaik. So he is doing nothing wrong. As an individual.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
guarantee hes disappointed about not being confronted in an unprofessional manner.

doubt he tries that one again. I bet the cops around there are getting used to him

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well he was kinda close to the station with the drone, doesn't local areas have FAA regulations for the altitude? You have to be high enough to not be on the property and low enough to not be danger to planes/choppers.
Also the sound track on the video mentions 4th amendment which doesn't apply if you are observed from public. Airspace is public space and police choppers have been operating on that premise for ages.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Well he was kinda close to the station with the drone, doesn't local areas have FAA regulations for the altitude? You have to be high enough to not be on the property and low enough to not be danger to planes/choppers.
Also the sound track on the video mentions 4th amendment which doesn't apply if you are observed from public. Airspace is public space and police choppers have been operating on that premise for ages.

It barely was able to reach to roof sir.

As for airspace, the Obama administration is pushing a "user fee" for using the airspace, so it won't be free for long.
edit on 20-5-2013 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Can you source that? Is it proposed law?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Can I declare the airspace over my house as a "no drone zone'?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiscreteParticle
Can I declare the airspace over my house as a "no drone zone'?

Actually I was listening to an interview awhile back and whoever it was that was talking said you needed to have all of the rights to your property someway or the other.
I cannot say if this is correct or not but, that's where I'd start looking if I wanted to prove this idea.

More toward the OP, I can't wait for some kid to write some jamming code for these drones, great and small.
Let em all fall from the sky!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DiscreteParticle

No. You own was it up to 20ft over your property. After that it's public space. Could be wrong about the amount of ft thought.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Heh...pathetic.

For a start, you dont launch a drone within spitting distance of the target for maximum effect. Ideally you want to be at a minumum of a hundred feet on your approach, to get the best possible wide angle veiw of the target area, offering maximum intel on the area. Any areas of special interest can be examined once the approach has been made, followed by continued overflights of the area to provide blow by blow data on the situation you are observing.

This pathetic little thing doesnt look like it could cope with any of that, and the fellow using it is clearly a klutz of some sort.

top topics

join