It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism and the American Right

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by flobot

However, I can tell you some things the Republicans have done that have an aura of racism in the recent past. Arizona immigration law?

That’s a state issue. Do you not think we have an immigration problem?

Voter ID laws pushed in urban areas where there is a large black voter population?
Voter ID laws pushed everywhere…YES!

Against affirmative action and ignoring the history requiring legislation like this?

Against reverse racism and reverse discrimination…YES!

Welfare Queens? Anchor Babies?
They exist…FACT!

Republicans more likely to support or endorse the "Confederacy"?

…In your opinion.

Almost all white "Tea Party" rising up against the first black President on a pretense of "high taxes" when Obama was actually lowering taxes?
Almost all white because 90% of blacks vote Democrat…YES!

Protesting higher taxes….YES!

Remind me...what color is Condi Rice, Herman Cain, J.C. Watts, Allen West, Tim Scott, Michael Steele, etc, etc ?

I could go on and on...it is actually very plain to see the racism of the modern day Republicans and the Right in general (including Libertarians).

The Democrat’s history of institutional racism, which I pointed out in my previous post, is what’s plain to see. Republican’s don’t use race to get ahead. That is a tactic owned by the left.

Or do you think it is just a coincidence that the old Confederate/Slavery States are still most Right Wing and vote Republican?

Slavery ended with the passing of the 13th amendment in 1864 by Republicans.

edit on 20-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

link   
Double

link   

Originally posted by knightrider078

Originally posted by muse7

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by SLAYER69

A weak attempt to rewrite history.

I find it about as effective as a Jedi mind-wave with the mutterings of "These are not the racists you've been looking for."

Just look at how progressives define themselves versus conservative folks.

Conservatives focus on the individual. Personal responsibility, individualism. . etc.

Progressives can't get past skin colour. To them it's all about groups, and classifications, and categories.

Progtards can write all the lofty essays they want, they can try to rewrite history all day long, but in the end, their actions will define them as the true racists.

"progtards"

Looks like conservatives can't even get past name calling!

Conservatives cant get past name calling EXCUSE ME Liberals call people Raicist Bigot if you dont vote or support Obama?

edit on 20-5-2013 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2013 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)

Conservatives use "Liberal" in a derogatory manner. They also use the term "libtard" frequently, and all manner of derogatory terms.

I see very few people call anyone racist for simply not supporting Obama. I do see them occasionally call them racist when they say things such as "we need to keep the white house white"..... or holding Obama to standards that no one in the history of the country has been held to. The BC issue has NEVER been brought up before....but when a black man becomes president it's all of a sudden a huge issue? You're telling me that's not fueled by racism?

Conservatives are HUGE name callers. Just look at the comments on news articles..... it's libtard this, libtard that.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by flobot

Racist republicans? He is not in office...he has nothing to prove...his legacy will show through one day. Did he make some foriegn policy mistakes and listen sometimes when he should have just acted, yes, but too many people blanket the 'conservative right' as a bunch of Christian Hood wearers on the weekend. George Bush must hate black people because a rapper said so...

Link

It is not the party, it is the man. Take away the party and see who he is and what he is about. Then make and educated vote. Left, right or upside down party.

Read about the true history of America. go to a library and find old books.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Again who resorts to name calling does not have an argument and you should stop there. It will be nothing but propaganda from whatever side you are reading.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Have to love the irony of the some posts here. They accuse the writer of the article of playing of avoiding the argument by playing the race card, when they fail to realize that they're guilty of avoiding the argument themselves. It's like accusing someone of playing the race card has become a card in and of itself. Not saying the article is accurate or inaccurate (the fact that the author didn't post any sources doesn't help matters much), just pointing out the hypocrisy of some.

Anyways I agree with Benelovant Heretic. Racism knows no political party.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I want to thank everybody for staying on topic and being civil as we dissect the work done by Robert Parry.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I see very few people call anyone racist for simply not supporting Obama.

Come on! If you don’t see it then you can’t be paying attention. Democrats actually teach classes on how to do it properly!!

Members of the House Democratic Caucus and their staff received training last week on how to inject the issue of race into nearly any political argument that takes place during the 2012 election season. Maya Wiley, a former adviser for George Soros' Open Society Institute and the founder of the Center for Social Inclusion, was invited to address the caucus on the issue of "race and fiscal policy." The training materials from the session, obtained by The Washington Examiner's Joel Gehrke, outline tactics for insinuating that even plain-sounding talk of budget cuts and limited government is motivated by conscious or unconscious racism.

washingtonexaminer.com...

This is what it feels like debating the average liberal.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The immigration problem we have is the fact that during elections, liberal groups were picking up illegals in vans and driving them to polls. No ID's but they voted. Nothing was said about that. How about the people at the polls who admitted to voting 3,4 or 8 times in 2012. Nothing. They were all black. Why were they not investigated? Because Progressives have perfected the double standard. It is sad. We are taught to hate by TV and music. Fear and control.

Racism is taught. Until you can stop that, it will stick around till the end of time. It is sad, very sad.

edit on 20-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thecakeislie

Oh yes such beautiful work here. It's a true artistic masterpiece to call an entire political party and anyone that doesn't support our lord and savior racist. Thanks for staying on topic and being a good little sheep!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

"That's politics, bitch."

And this is what it's like talking to conservatives:

Look, I wasn't trying to say liberals don't ever do it, because I'm sure there are some that do it often. I'm just saying from my experience, conservatives are the much bigger name caller.
What you were showing was politicians campaigning. That's what my quote was referring to. Politicians are all bloodthirsty liars.

I just don't see average liberals using the race card as often as conservatives like to say(I see conservatives say it CONSTANTLY, that they are being dismissed as racist, but I just don't see them being called racist, as often as they say it happens). But from what I can see off of message boards and the like, republicans constantly use derogatory terms for liberals.
Just my experience.

Does that clarify my position? I think both sides are stupid, btw.
edit on 20-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robonakka
reply to post by Fromabove

You must open your eyes to what happens when you treat them as equals. Look at Detroit. Look at any inner city. Look at Africa.

You think modern day Africa is a result of Africans having "equality"? For real?! Are you just illiterate? ANY FREAKIN' HISTORY BOOK WILL TELL YOU WHY AFRICA IS RUINED. Colonialism, slavery, Christianity, industrial revolution, the list goes on. Africa had fully functional and thriving kingdoms before the Europeans "treated them as equals". Gods...

Originally posted by Robonakka
We have tried for over 150 years to assimilate them and have gotten 40,000 rapes a year, 80,000 murders, and uncounted robberies and assaults. And you still think there is something to save? And you think conservatives are so stupid as to not see what is going on? It is not racist to understand that not all are equal, playing fair is not always a good thing, and that some people will never act contrary to their nature and expecting them to is stupid. It is realist. Conservatives are realists who see the truth and do not lie about it in order to save people's feelings. At least most of them are. Probably not you.

I'm hoping that your post does not get removed by the staff. In fact, I hope it stays for eternity as a symbol of posterity and proof that even ATS was, at one time, host to the most vile and repugnant type of racist that could muster the skills to type on a keyboard. I also hope that, in retrospect, we will see an overwhelming amount of pushback on said ignorance.

"Deny Ignorance" indeed. By the way, it is YOU who make conservatives look like racists. You should be reviled by your conservative peers more than any other group because you make them all look like idiots. Thankfully, the rest of us know better and know that we have fine, upstanding conservatives who don't have a racist bone in their bodies. Those are the people you are perpetrating the greatest disservice to.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I just don't see average liberals using the race card as often as conservatives like to say. But from what I can see off of message boards and the like, republicans constantly use derogatory terms for liberals.

I don’t care what the “average liberal” on the street believes. I’m worried about the ones making laws in this country right now, and those liberals actually teach classes on how to interject race into every political issue.

Democrats have always done a complete disservice to black Americans.

Real racism and discrimination still exist in America. How seriously will average Americans take the issue if Democrats redefine "racism" as anything that comes out of a conservative's mouth?
washingtonexaminer.com...

Democrats step on the backs of blacks for their own political gain. The same cannot be said about the other parties, so the doofus cited in the OP is completely off base.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Politicians, all of them, step on the backs of EVERYONE for their own political gain. Politicians are evil and ruthless liars and manipulators, that's why they have their own special place in Hell.

FFS, Republicans talk openly about how they can manipulate Latinos into voting for them, just like Democrats are openly talking about how to make race an issue.

They are ALL scum.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Why do people keep talking about Barack obama being a black man, he is NOT, the man is mixed race, his mum is white and his dad is black...so who is being racist and to what part, his white part or his black part!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Politicians, all of them, step on the backs of EVERYONE for their own political gain. Politicians are evil and ruthless liars and manipulators, that's why they have their own special place in Hell.

While I agree, in theory, this thread is about the racism of Republicans. Can you show me an example of a Republican caucus teaching how to play the race card?

FFS, Republicans talk openly about how they can manipulate Latinos into voting for them, just like Democrats are openly talking about how to make race an issue.

So it’s racist to strategize? Do you have an example that we can dissect?

They are ALL scum.

Most are….not all.

Everyone has an agenda…especially politicians. I don’t mind it as long as their agenda is doing what’s best for their constituents because that’s why we send them to DC!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Why do people keep talking about Barack obama being a black man, he is NOT, the man is mixed race, his mum is white and his dad is black...so who is being racist and to what part, his white part or his black part!

Maybe you should ask that of Obama or his party.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I want to thank everybody for staying on topic and being civil as we dissect the work done by Robert Parry.

Sneaky bad, buddy! I got a warning earlier, though I guess you knew that was likely.

Just wanted to add, as someone who isn't white, it has been people that are more "progressive" that have always been either condenscending, or downright derogatory towards me.

It has been conservatives that have focused on my character and not just "assumed" I thought a certain way just because of the melanin content of my skin.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join