It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism and the American Right

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

They walk among us

We're lucky some of them are this obvious

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It was the Democratic party that promoted slavery, held slaves, and left the Union when Lincoln was elected by the Republican part which was formed to end slavery. it was the Democrats who wrote the Jim Crow laws, made it difficult and impossible for blacks to vote, hung them when they tried, and also hung the white Republicans alongside them for registering freed blacks to vote. It was Republicans who wrote legislation to make freed blacks full citizens, and the Democrats who voted against this. Please see the Frederick Douglass society and read the actual voting tallies of congress on all of these issues. It was not until L. B. Johnson decide he wanted 'the niggras to vote Democratic forever' that the Democrats were encouraged to change sides and support the civil rights legislation, which had, incidentally, been written and put forward by Republicans.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Robonakka

My mouth just fell open when I read your post.
Are you freaking KIDDING ME??
*facepalm"
Unbelievable. I can't believe your post hasn't been removed for ill-mannered political trolling. :shk:

You just inadvertently added another thing to your list of things progressives stand for….

Censoring or silencing those you disagree with!

edit on 20-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Wow, seabag, that was really unfair.
I'm not the editor of the magazine that stated what "Progressive" is - And I certainly don't think that "black people are mentally challenged". But you are responding to my amazement at the racism of that post.

I didn't try to silence anyone, I'm interested in dispelling misinformation. That post was one of the most appalling racist remarks I have seen in ages. But you're defending that member's stance that blacks are "inferior"?

Wow. I better bow out of this one immediately. And here I thought you and I had come to terms of mutual understanding.
Never mind then, carry on everyone.

edit on 20-5-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

You understand Wildtimes - he would rather go after you - than acknowledge the post you criticized

Also telling

Liberals - and their kind (it's a really, really big category) are the target of this thread

edit on 5/20/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Fine.
I didn't 'appeal to MODS' - I could have, but refrained. I still think that the member's post was atrocious.

And, I have to say that your two image inserts were offensive toward the Progressive party - and the idea that they are racist is just wrong. If it's wrong, it's wrong. Slayer's OP is actually accurate. But people sure do get their panties in a twist about these stupid 'definitions'.

Either people are racist, or they are NOT racist.
Progressives are NOT racist, and neither are today's liberals. And no amount of clever memes will change that.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Fine.
I didn't 'appeal to MODS' - I could have, but refrained. I still think that the member's post was atrocious.

I agree it was offensive to some. So what?

And, I have to say that your two image inserts were offensive toward the Progressive party - and the idea that they are racist is just wrong. If it's wrong, it's wrong.

I don’t care…the truth hurts.

Slayer's OP is actually accurate. But people sure do get their panties in a twist about these stupid 'definitions'.

Slayer said NOTHING!

Either people are racist, or they are NOT racist.
Progressives are NOT racist, and neither are today's liberals. And no amount of clever memes will change that.

That’s your opinion. I explained my position in my first post. Obviously I disagree.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

It's funny how the terms "Nazi" and "fascist" are used so freely when referring to Obama and democrats in general. Have we reoccupied the Rhineland? Have we invaded Poland? Have we invaded Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Belgium and France? Have we bombed Britain? Have we invaded Russia? Have we declared any group of people a Master Race, or described others as sub-human? Have we built concentration camps and murdered 6 million people?
Have we launched the most devastating war in the history of the human race? By the way, my father fought against them(22 years in the U.S. Air Force). Perhaps you should better learn your history and think awhile before you use these words in such a cavalier manner. I do respect your opinion, believe it or not, but this is just a ridiculous angle of attack from the right. Thank you.

edit on 5/20/13 by dontaskmeimfrommars because: Left a bit of history out.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I was referring to the ARTICLE in the OP - which I read before posting. Slayer has refrained from giving his opinion, and just wanted to start the fireworks.
Insofar as that, he has succeeded.

And seeing as how you are decidedly NOT a "Progressive", while I AM, it seems you have some warped ideas of what it stands for. I'm trying to stop the accusation that liberals and progressives are racist, money-grubbing commies trying to rob people of their freedoms and their wealth and their guns.
It just simply isn't true. *sigh*

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The parties switched sides about 40 years ago.

No they didn't they are the same as they ever was

Watch this or don't.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

And seeing as how you are decidedly NOT a "Progressive", while I AM, it seems you have some warped ideas of what it stands for. I'm trying to stop the accusation that liberals and progressives are racist, money-grubbing commies trying to rob people of their freedoms and their wealth and their guns.
It just simply isn't true. *sigh*

Look, it might not be true for you and your friends but there is no denying the institutionalized racism committed by the left in this country. They throw the race card around better than a Vegas dealer! Every time Obama is accused of something or his failures pointed out they throw the race card! It’s as obvious as it is ridiculous. I’m sorry you can’t see it.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Every time Obama is accused of something or his failures pointed out they throw the race card! It’s as obvious as it is ridiculous. I’m sorry you can’t see it.

seabag.
I DO see it. Last night I started a thread about how disappointing Obama has turned out to be, and I don't give a gnat's lunch what his 'racial background' is.
He is not "representin' " for real. He's duplicitous, and a liar, and I am now aware of it. Rhetoric is one thing. Actions are another.
He's a traitor.

But yes, you're right that maybe it's not true for me and my 'friends' but it might be true for people who ARE racist and hide behind political agendas and 'throw the race card around.'

ANyway, I probably should seriously stop my participation in this thread.
Oh well.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

seabag.

I DO see it. Last night I started a thread about how disappointing Obama has turned out to be, and I don't give a gnat's lunch what his 'racial background' is.
He is not "representin' " for real. He's duplicitous, and a liar, and I am now aware of it. Rhetoric is one thing. Actions are another.
He's a traitor.

I saw that thread this morning. S&F

I decided not to get involved because…well, I’ve ragged him 5,000 times already.

But yes, you're right that maybe it's not true for me and my 'friends' but it might be true for people who ARE racist and hide behind political agendas and 'throw the race card around.'

They do…that’s the kind of thing that perpetuates racism. I bet if the left (including the MSM) never played the race card again we’d hardly hear the word racism used.

ANyway, I probably should seriously stop my participation in this thread.
Oh well.

Well please don’t leave the party because of something I said. I appreciate the banter…as always.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Nice thread, Slayer. I actually think that article puts the left and right wing in a realistic perspective!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Interesting thread...

Perhaps the conservative members aren't racist like they claim but they are obviously full of hate
and vitriol for progressives, liberals and anyone else that disagrees with their ideology. This thread has been
very revealing. Rush has done a great job in further dividing the country.

I'm satisfied with my designation as a "People like You"....what ever that is....

Oh, and those that feel inclined to continue insulting me; I have taken sage advice and gotten a much thicker skin.

But for future reference....hateful attitudes ala Rush won't win elections. Most Americans are centrist and shy away from the ultra right as well as the wacko left. Who is the most extreme? Listen to the radio....
edit on 20-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

You cannot be serious about the quality of this article? It strikes me as a political hack job of conservatives.

Exactly. Where is his proof of what he is accusing our beloved Patrick Henry of? I want quotes. I don't see even one quote or citation, just opinions. The liberal left is notorious for attacking the most beloved of historical figures in the US, vilifying them to no end. Who have they picked on? G Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and now Patrick Henry.

The left has to play the race card here because the T Party knows what the Marxists are doing. It was obvious from the time barack talked about "spreading the wealth", as if he thought no one would know what that really meant. But of course we are supposed to spread the wealth or we are racist....
edit on 20-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I am 67 years old and soon to be 68. I can honestly say nothing I have seen ever in my life time has made the minorities happy in the least bit. It is business as usual - the race card. Most people I know don't give two craps about racism. What most people do care about is (examples) / do not hurt anyone in anyway / obey the laws / raise your family teaching them to love their neighbor / give respect as it is receives from others / do unto others as you would want them to do unto you / work hard for what you have and people will notice no matter what your race is.

For goodness sakes - we have a black president - I mean how much more can we be called racists? We are kept divided by politics. I think racism would be dead if the politics and news media would just leave it alone. We now have laws to take care of the racists wrong doings. This thread is just another transfusion for the racism that runs around in this country.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

But for future reference....hateful attitudes ala Rush won't win elections. Most Americans are centrist and shy away from the ultra right as well as the wacko left. Who is the most extreme? Listen to the radio....

I think you mistake the position of “most Americans”. You confuse “centrist” with “disengaged sheeple”.

The bulk of Republican and Dem voters only wake up 3 weeks prior to casting a vote. These people read a few headlines and feel they are informed (hence the power of the MSM).

I think those who are paying attention are FIRMLY entrenched and would be considered extreme. Just look at the posts on this thread…these are responses from people who pay attention.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

offensive toward the Progressive party

Is that what the Democrat Party is now? Or is there an official Progressive Party listed at the DMV? Even the gay liberal Rosa Koire refuses to be called Progressive, and she is against Agenda 21....soooo Progressive must be something more radical...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join