It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mistakes of Christianity

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Hello, welcome to the internet. Where you speak with complete strangers and I guess expect them to give a crap about you and what you have to say.

Also, I would disagree that anything was disproven. I've got about 8 pages worth of excuses. Not much more.

Anyhow, have a good one. Thanks for stopping by and wasting precious moments of your life.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
Also, I would disagree that anything was disproven.

You apparently missed this response, as well as many others.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

That post applies to yourself as well. I would advise keeping the disregardful demeanor to a minimum, as it discourages others from taking your opinions into consideration.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
Let me start out by saying that I am an atheist. I do not share any religious viewpoint with any single religion. And with that said, I do not mean to single you out. But in this case, I am doing just that.

The thing is, Christianity in America has evolved over the years in such a strange and outlandish way. But with so many different offshoots and sects of the same religion, they all tend to have the same set of beliefs that are actually wrong, based on the very book that they worship.

What do I mean by that? Good question. Lets see some of the highlights.

1. The Ten Commandments. I'm sure everybody knows them, right? Wrong. Thou Shalt Not Kill. Thou Shalt Not Steal. Yeah? Only problem is that those are NOT the ten commandments. Don't believe me? Read your bible.

You see, in the Bible, Moses was given two stone tablets on which were inscribed the real ten commandments. But when he came down Mount Sinai in Exodus 32:19, he found many of his followers worshipping a golden calf idol. So he smashed the tablets. So he was sent back up the mountain with two fresh tablets to get the ten commandments again. In Exodus 34:13 the real ten commandments are listed which go something like this:
1. Don't worship any other Gods. For I am a jealous God.
2. Don't make treaties with those who live in the land.
3. Don't make any idols. (like, say a dead guy hanging on a cross)
4. Celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread
5. The first born of every womb belongs to God. And you must redeem them by sacrificing a lamb.
6. Rest on the 7th Day.
7. Celebrate the Festival of Weeks and Festival of Ingathering.
8. Do not offer God a blood sacrifice with Leavened Bread.
9. Bring the best of your first crops to the house of the Lord.
10. Do not cook a young goat in it's mother's milk.

Great stuff, right? Those commandments end at Exodus 34:27 which reads:
Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” 28 Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.

What else do Christians usually get wrong? How about:

2. Jesus is not named Jesus.

Wait, what? That can't be right. Can it? Yes it can. For the last several centuries, Christians have been worshipping Christ under the wrong name. His real name was Yeshua. The name Jesus came from the Greek translation of the New Testament in the first century in which they wrote the name as Lesous due to a difference in phonetic pronunciation. And in the medieval era, Lesous became Jesus.

I could go on, but I get his nagging feeling that some of the less rational members of this forum may get a little butt hurt. So I'm just going to end this article right here. I could point out a few more of these items if you like. But we'll see how these two go before we continue.

Hey now.......... what about the mistakes of Islam, oh wait, you can't criticism Islam, uh, well... they might jurt you if you, the religion of peace and all.

Ever notice how Christian bashers won't ever pick on any other religion. Could it be because the Christian God is, uh, real....?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Hey now.......... what about the mistakes of Islam, oh wait, you can't criticism Islam, uh, well... they might jurt you if you, the religion of peace and all.

Ever notice how Christian bashers won't ever pick on any other religion. Could it be because the Christian God is, uh, real....?

That's because the loudest idiot gets the biggest response. Could it be, uh, that? Yeah, uh, I think so.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

In my experience, atheists seem to be the loudest....could it be that uh,...

oh wait...let me calm myself down for a minute...we're all rational people.....aren't we?

Let me just take a short sample here:

(Threads on ats which currently attack religion)

1)What has been the greatest lie ever told to humanity?
2)God In a Few Words or More
3)Intelligent first cause: WHY IT IS IMPOSSIBLE
4)DEBATE Evolution vs Creation. Come on in!
5)Is there any better argument against intelligent design that the human mouth/teeth?
6)Calling Intelligent Designers
7)Who is Gods creator?
8)Humans made in the image of themselves.
...the list goes on but I'm getting bored...

My point being this....YES there are several religious posts attacking Evolution/darwinism/what-have-you BUT the majority, or in your example, the loudest....are atheist/evolution/darwinism/et al attacking religious schools of thought....

So....the loudest idiot gets the most attention huh? Seems legit.

A2D

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Well, duh. Denying ignorance! All it takes for ignorance to flourish is for more educated people to say nothing.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

So you seemingly conceded that the loudest idiot is indeed those attacking religious school of thought, but then turn around to imply that they are the more educated....also seems legit....

A2D

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

It is not the atheists who have priests and churches, who stand on street corners condemning their fellow mean, who indoctrinate our children and feed them lies, who sink their claws into every political movement and sow at least as much hatred and division as they do love and respect.

Come to think of it, you don't hear much from the atheists at all unless you look for it. You don't have to look for religion. Its everywhere, because it can't stand not being seen. It craves the spotlight. I don't think it likes competition. That's why its so loud - to drown everyone else out.
edit on 1-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

It is not the atheists who have priests and churches, who stand on street corners condemning their fellow mean, who indoctrinate our children and feed them lies, who sink their claws into every political movement and sow at least as much hatred and division as they do love and respect.

Come to think of it, you don't hear much from the atheists at all unless you look for it. You don't have to look for religion. Its everywhere, because it can't stand not being seen. It craves the spotlight. I don't think it likes competition. That's why its so loud - to drown everyone else out.

These priests and church who are standing on street corners condeming men and indoctrinating children and becoming actively involved in politcal movements to sow hatred and division....Are they men/women? Are there also those who aren't affiliated with religion that also do the same? You have put a lot of weight on the shoulders of religion alone...

You see MEN AND WOMEN out there doing these evils...When you witness my Lord and my Savior doing these atrocities...Then you can speak evil of Him...until then, remember that religion is a tool...and I can build a house for a homeless family or I can use a saw to chop them to pieces......

A2D

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

As the progenitor of such events and mentalities, it falls to your "savior" to correct their beliefs. The fact that he has not yet done so speaks for his character. Your argument is a weak one, as Hitler was held responsible for the actions of the men he influenced, as well as his own. As for speaking evil of him, I will speak my mind whether or not you will it. Let him chastise me if he is so moved.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

As the progenitor of such events and mentalities, it falls to your "savior" to correct their beliefs. The fact that he has not yet done so speaks for his character. Your argument is a weak one, as Hitler was held responsible for the actions of the men he influenced, as well as his own. As for speaking evil of him, I will speak my mind whether or not you will it. Let him chastise me if he is so moved.

And there is the root cause of your misunderstanding.....the progenitor of such events and mentalities are the people themselves....It's about time that people recognize you cannot hide behind the Creator for your actions, nor can you blame him for the actions of other individuals....He has absolutely nothing to do with the madness of this society....

It's called responsibility. You and you alone are responsible for your actions.

A2D
edit on 1-6-2013 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

"And there is the root cause of your misunderstanding.....the progenitor of such events and mentalities are the people themselves....It's about time that people recognize you cannot hide behind the Creator for your actions, nor can you blame him for the actions of other individuals....He has absolutely nothing to do with the madness of this society...."

I do believe he should be held responsible for correcting those people, as the very concept of his existence has everything to do with their madness. By our laws, he would be held accountable for not actively discouraging such behavior.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I do believe he should be held responsible for correcting those people, as the very concept of his existence has everything to do with their madness. By our laws, he would be held accountable for not actively discouraging such behavior.

Sorry but that's not how responsibility works. Like I said, you and you alone are responsible for your decisions. They are after all, YOUR DECISIONS. It's up to you to decide how you react given certain information.

For millions of people, the concept of the Creators existence does little to affect their assessment of right and wrong. It is right for me to help the less fortunate. It is wrong for me to impress my ideologies upon others. This is MY thought and MY actions....The Creator does not force me to make these decisions and therefore has no responsibility when I make incorrect decisions.

It's time to put on the big boy shoes and accept responsibility, or in your case, place responsibility where it belongs. You cannot simply sit here and claim that an entitiy THAT YOU DON'T EVEN BELIEVE IN is responsible for the actions of sick and twisted men....

A2D

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

That doesn't make any sense. The Old Testament is the Hebrew Bible. So wouldn't that mean the Jewish God is real? And that the Christians went and stole someone else's God?

Besides, I pick on other religions all the time. Just not in this thread. You may have noticed that the thread title is somewhat religion specific.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Are you suggesting your god did not anticipate the perversion of his doctrine? Are you saying that he did not foresee any of this when he initiated the Christian movement? It sounds like you're saying he isn't in control. planned all this with his omnipotence. The bible says so. You should read it again.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Simply because you foresee something happening does not at all mean you're responsible for it. It is ignorant to assume such. My best friend makes terrible decisions...and I let him do it. Why? Because hopefully he will learn something....Am I responsible for his decisions? No. Should I be held accountable because he makes very poor decisions? No. I tell him what I think would be the right thing to do....He doesn't listen. It happens...people make their own choices. Believe it.

A2D

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Also, are you suggesting that you want God to be in complete control of everything you do? So much so that you no longer have a say so in anything that takes place in your life? How then will you learn?

A2D
edit on 1-6-2013 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Your god created everything that has ever happened and will ever happen. Unless you're suggesting that he did not create all the circumstances that have fostered today's world? How can someone be so powerful yet be exempt from the consequences of their creations? Dr. Frankenstein was held accountable for his creation. What excuse does your god have? Only the fact that you are unwilling to hold him accountable for his role in the world's current condition. If one is able to instill global harmony with a thought and chooses not to, should they be held accountable? For it can be argued that they are then complicit in every act of cruelty occurring as a result f their decision.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Wrong. You're not getting it. It's not complicated. He created the conditions for life...He did not create robots that act according to His will. This much is obvious.

A2D

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join