It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mistakes of Christianity

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Exodus 34. Read it.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Then I invite you to start a thread. If you choose not to, and also choose to terminate this discussion, I will respect that. In closing however, I would like to point out that you are the one who claimed that your belief constitutes as knowledge, or serves as a precursor to such inevitable knowledge. This was in response to my questioning your credibility in making any sort of authoritative statement regarding cosmic powers and their responsibilities. If I misunderstood your claims, then I apologize.
edit on 4-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Yes, I know what has been said
However I did not state I was an expert! I simply stated that beliefs are derived from knowledge....now what knowledge actually IS, is a completely different topic....Hence the new thread....and why I think we may have a misunderstanding and ultimately come to disagreement.....
(new thread)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A2D

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by covertpanther

So you're stating...as fact mind you....that an empire that devoutly PERSECUTED anyone belonging to the Christian faith....actually STARTED that faith?

100% logic fail

A2D

Thats not entirely inaccurate Emperor Constantine actually did create many of the triditions you see in christianity today. And also forced people to convert from paganism to christianity. It started with the edict of milan which gave the christians the right to openly practice there religion they were in hiding until this point.He was a christian so was his mother so no surprise there huh. There is some debate on when he became a christian some claim it was early childhood others during a battle he was given a vision. Constantine supported the Church financially, built basilicas, granted privileges to clergy (e.g. exemption from certain taxes), promoted Christians to high office, and returned property confiscated during the Diocletianic persecution.Truth doesnt matter but he established day of the sun as a non work day for example. He also made a change that lasted to this day he gave the emperor power over the church so he became the 1st pope. Popes were often warriors as well at first came with the job. So in essence he created the vatican and popes are still around today so you can say he created christianity in a way.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

It's not entirely accurate either. Christianity was founded before the Romans adopted it. It was a kind of "can't beat 'em join 'em" situation. The Romans tried to suppress the spread of Christianity and when they couldn't....well you know the rest of the story.

A2D
edit on 4-6-2013 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Your logic fail is based on information that you have been conditioned to accept, and those before you as well. Those who write your history books and texts books and relgious books; are those who have set out to control humanity.

What you have learned about Rome/Roam is one side of the coin. What you have learned about anything is pretty much a lie in regards to history and religon (RE-LEGION).

Say yes Im saying the Romans adopted a faith, and played around with it, to use to as a spiritual tool to control many minds/sprits in their agenda of global domination - on came the British Empire who adopted the ruling elitest of the Roman Empire - a part in His-story you will never hear, becaues those who wrote your books dont want you to know the truth of mankinds dark past. As it will hint to the future they want to create.

@ the person with the white dog - I really dont care about spelling.. This isnt grade 4, and the universe nor my consiousness cares about how you see the arrangment of letters. As Lnog as yuo udnrestnad waht is bieng conveyed

"All roads lead to Rome"

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

If any participants and observers of this thread wish to join in or continue observing this particular tangent of the discussion, the link is here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Otherwise, please enjoy the remainder of this thread.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I'm not sure your aware of this but england has never gotten along with the church.At best tolerated at worst throwing out the clergy and creating their own church.I suggest you look into Protestants and how they came to be it was rejection of roman catholic church.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Did you read Exodus 34? In the period of time it took to return to the mountain, those ten commandments changed drastically. Apparently, whatever "God" noticed in that period of time, really changed his mind about some things. But the Bible really doesn't explain anything about that.

Par for the course.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by covertpanther

Your logic fail is based on information that you have been conditioned to accept, and those before you as well. Those who write your history books and texts books and relgious books; are those who have set out to control humanity.

You do know what logic is right? Logic fail = illogical.....meaning it doesn't make any sense....

So, explain again how me saying that doesn't make any logical sense is based on misinformation?

A2D

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

You as a human being, aren't in any position to know for a fact what you claim to know for a fact. A fish does not know what it is to climb a mountain, nor does it know what a mountain is, as these things are beyond its nature. Likewise, cosmic powers and their relations and responsibilities are beyond our nature to know, which means all you have is speculation. There is nothing wrong with this as long as you admit it and acknowledge the nature of your claims. They are indefinite and therefore subject to re evaluation, as are mine.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You as a human being, aren't in any position to know for a fact what you claim to know for a fact. A fish does not know what it is to climb a mountain, nor does it know what a mountain is, as these things are beyond its nature. Likewise, cosmic powers and their relations and responsibilities are beyond our nature to know, which means all you have is speculation. There is nothing wrong with this as long as you admit it and acknowledge the nature of your claims. They are indefinite and therefore subject to re evaluation, as are mine.

Who's to say that they are beyond our nature? Your whole statement is contradictory. You stating that cosmic powers and their relations and responsibilites are beyond our nature is beyond YOUR nature to know, so you can't state that as fact....

A2D

edit on 5-6-2013 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Isn't it beyond your nature as well then? So you can't know if you can know.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It's only beyond my nature to know according to the way you perceive reality.....Understanding things the way that I do, I would never say that ANYTHING is beyond our nature to know....difficult yes, impossible no

A2D

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

There is no more need to reposnd to you or this thread - asking a human if they know what logic is and telling them the opposite is illogical... Is well.. Illogical.

Your misinformation is based on you referencing a version of history that YOUR CONTROLLERS spoon fed you, me and everyone in every city in every country on every continent.

@ the other guy - the vatican and the empire do not oppose.. Its like the republicans and democrats, the police and the drug lords, america and russia (or china).. They control BOTH sides. As these bloodlines have conquered for hundreds and hundreds of years. They're families have kepy all the secrets, and all the power and wealth within its own. Never allowing a "half-blood" to be in any high place in the earth stage.

Reason why people get assasinated so quickly after saying things the bloodlines dont accept.

The "fabolous" Queen - Elizabeth = E-Liz-A-Beth OR = A Lizard birth > > > Born from the lizard.

This bloodline beleive they are that of the great snake in genetic relation - and for all I know they may be. In the bible they talk that a "promise" land belongs to a certain bloodline; he who told the human about the bloodline is most deffinately non-human.

Virgin Mary isnt a cute story of a sweet lady... Its a story of a woman who was seeded by non-humans. The GOD or LORD is a non-human. The snake, the MOST worshipped entity of human history is non human.

The point is - this secret is so big, they need to control every aspect of soceity or reality. So no one can understand whos pulling the strings, whos on whos side, and what the next move is. The written history is a LIE, at least in the public domain.

So you want to talk about logic? Or get real?

Jesus is NOT pronounced with a "J/G" (tongue on mouth roof, teeth together, breath pushed out sound)

"J" in ancient literature was pronounced like a "Y" or almsot "h" sound. So 'Jesus' was actually "Yesus" >> Yeshua >> YWHA.
That is why our word in english for accepting something is "YES" - becauseits the brief version of the true pronouncation of the character or entity/energy named Jesus/YESUS. So people bow to this "king" like good little kitties and say "Yesus"... The sound, vibration and energy of the word "Yes(us)" is very submissive. That is why christians are so submissive to their "lord". Everytime they say its name they are acting upon a submissive will..

Just some more curve balls for your logic mind. All history connects - because Jesus, the bible, the stories, came before EGYPT. Pre Egypt (sumerian) and before possibly is where most of the stories come from - later egypt adopted it - the Romans infiltrated the Egyptian Royal Bloodlines, took over, the Romans became very powerful. And then man's his-story contiuned to what we have today.

SAME people in control, new tricks. These people in the elitest bloodline have mastered reincarnation (some of them) Look at Obama for instance, he has features of an egyptian pharoah (pull up side by sides on your computer).

The HISTORY doesnt even matter at this point anymore - what matters is that we expose these incestal bastards, and finally break their agenda. World Domination CANNOT be an option! We can argue about facts or illogical explanations all day and night - its not slowing them down. I care about you and everyone else, 1000x more then the president, queen or pope do. They dont give a S*T about ya people..

We are in this together, and that is the point. The information is out there, but a conditioned mind will have a hard time accepting things. Its obedient to what it was already taught.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

As such, you refuse to give me any reason to accept your claims that apparently, neither "God" nor Jesus bear any responsibility for the fallout of their actions and their subsequent inaction to correct the wayward course of their followers.

I suppose I'm uncertain as to why you would think they owe some sort of correction.

That's the point I am making here. There are idiots all over the world killing each other over beliefs that are, in themselves, perverse and inaccurate. These acts of cruelty would never have happened had Jesus or "God" descended from the heavens and attended to such conflicts in the interest of preventing bloodshed as a result of the "telephone game". They were the catalyst; we have carried that reaction forward, both introducing foreign elements and losing others with time; we are now in the midst of several global wars based upon who is right regarding the true ruling higher power. If anyone has the right and the obligation to illuminate the truth in these matters and prevent further chaos and destruction, it is your god and your savior.

Again, I am uncertain as to why you would think they would bear any such obligations.If I whittle out a figurine, am I somehow beholden to that figurine? Is there some reason I should not just let it sit somewhere and allow nature to take it's course?

If I take a gun out in the middle of the city, drop it on the ground with a note explaining its mechanisms and recommended purpose, then stand idly by as a bunch of children pick it up and shoot each other...am I responsible for that? If I had never put that gun there, they would have remained unharmed. But since I made the conscious decision to give them that opportunity, I am responsible for the ensuing damage, am I not? I would be called upon to account for my actions, correct? And I would be expected to accept my punishment for my poor judgment. And if I had any brains at all, I never would have left the gun for strangers to find anyway. I would have kept it safe until such a time as I could either safely dispose of it or found a suitably educated successor to receive it in their turn.

Did you pull the trigger? If not, why would you feel responsible for someone else's actions?

Even so, it's not an accurate analogy unless I also add that I created that entire city and every person in it, meaning that I know ahead of time exactly where that gun will go and who will use it and when and where and why. Because I planned it. So really, I have even more responsibility for what happens with that gun and how it is used, because I am aware of the crimes that may be committed with it and I am able to stop them.

You would make a creation, and then allow IT to rule YOU? Why?

Yet they have failed to do so. And your excuses have failed to exonerate them. Because, once again, you have failed to establish any sort of authority in the matter of cosmic powers and their relationships and duties. Are we clear now?

Excuses? Exoneration? When you go to court, do you exonerate the judge, or does he exonerate you? What do you suppose would happen if you announced your exoneration of the judge instead of the other way around?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Well there is a school of thought that thinks Christ Yeshua was named Jesus, for Alexander the Great had conquered those lands and the common people most likely spoke Greek!

However, the scriptures are inner processes, not so much outer. They may have a few dates and markers in them, however its code for waking up and ascending.
edit on 6-6-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Simply amazing that you're going to say my very simply comments are based on misinformation...and then go on to use word play to push your own very misinformed opinion....(Elizabeth...a lizard birth) Yeah seems completely legit and logical....Evidence please?

A2D

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

Simply amazing that you're going to say my very simply comments are based on misinformation...and then go on to use word play to push your own very misinformed opinion....(Elizabeth...a lizard birth) Yeah seems completely legit and logical....Evidence please?

A2D

+h now you had to engage him I was hoping people would ignore him until he took his meds. I mean everyone knows Elizabeth wasn't a lizzars she was from the pleadies come on. Ok sorry turning off sarcasm sorry I couldn't help it

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Christianity is the sole reason you aren't living on Mars right now.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
Christianity is the sole reason you aren't living on Mars right now.

What makes you think that Christianity caused the Dark Ages? Some moronic and biased picture from an atheist web site?

The Dark Ages was caused by the fall of Rome, due to invasion from non-Christian barbarian tribes. The Catholic Church, on the other hand, is responsible for the modern system of higher education, the development of hospitals and modern medicine, and Christians have long been at the forefront of science.

Ever heard of the Big Bang? Postulated by a Catholic priest.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join