It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All paths lead to Father?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Another claim of circular logic, hm? Any right minded philosophy will tell you all logic is, by its nature, circular. All deductive logic reduces itself to tautology. Secondly, we don't need the Bible to tell us it's infallible. Provide definitive evidence to suggest there's fallibility in the Bible.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Provide evidence to your claim of plagiarization.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
reply to post by Aleister

John 10:33 is one verse that contradicts you:

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

Jesus did say He was God. "I and my Father are one" isn't some deep metaphysical statement. Though the angels and prophets rebuked those that worshiped them, Jesus welcomed it.

Stoning him for no good reason except that he upended the money changers tables in the Temple, someone came up with the excuse "Ah, we can say he claims to be god." "Yeah, but doesn't he say that everyone and the father are one, or implies it a heck of alot?" "Right, right, but we won't concentrate on that part. OK Pilate, go talk to him." So Pilate met Jesus, saw no wrong in him, and washed his hands of the crime of murder which was about to befall Jesus. The next guy bought the argument a little but found a way out - let the crowds decide - and the crowds say "Fry him!", so what was he going to do? That's why he was brought in though, he knocked over those money tables and physically attacked the establishment of the time. They drew a line at saying that, and then the guys had to make up a public excuse.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Or when He said no one can come to the Father except through Him?

Correct. If Brother did not come here, man could not return home, as he can now. He did not state, worship me or go to hell, as many other believe.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Yeah. After all, why would corrupt, ultra-orthodox Jews want to stone somebody for saying something blasphemous? That makes absolutely no sense. As you can probably tell, I'm being sarcastic.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Since I'm on a phone, I can't properly explain in depth why Jesus did say He was God, but you can go here (one of my favorite apologetic websites):

www.apologeticsguy.com...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
I have seen a quote posted:
Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu...all paths lead to God.

It seems as this would be correct. As what all these have in common, is teaching self to be better.

If religion teaches said person to be better, would that be what Father would want ultimately? As long as you lived life in a good way, no matter how you did it, religion or not.

But, it seems religion wants to claim sole rights on God. (Jesus is the only way, Allah is the true God, etc.)

Would God really punish a person for being good throughout life?

God requires that our own authority be removed and His sovereignty be recognized. The path for this is humility before the work of the Son. Once our own authority is removed and given to God, it is returned. Just like Issac being returned to Abraham, God is not after the Son as a possession. He is after our recognition of His sovereignty over creation. We do this by humbling ourselves in the Son and giving rather than taking. Our sign of repentance is what we give, which then binds to our next Robe (Body). You must be born again.

Go to my posts and read backwards. The story unfolds over and over again in my words. Details I leave out here are woven into what I have written for the last 4 years.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Since I'm on a phone, I can't properly explain in depth why Jesus did say He was God, but you can go here (one of my favorite apologetic websites):

www.apologeticsguy.com...

Brother said he and the Father are one, because he had Father in him acting as his spirit. When one from above comes down here, another from above will inherit the vessel and act as the spirit, since they do not have a soul as man does. Brother is the only one in time, who has had Father as the spirit.

When two are joined together this way, they are considered one by above.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

God requires that our own authority be removed and His sovereignty be recognized. The path for this is humility before the work of the Son. Once our own authority is removed and given to God, it is returned. Just like Issac being returned to Abraham, God is not after the Son as a possession. He is after our recognition of His sovereignty over creation. We do this by humbling ourselves in the Son and giving rather than taking. Our sign of repentance is what we give, which then binds to our next Robe (Body). You must be born again.

I agree. There are just too many variables to go into here. Human side recognizing versus spirit, humility, etc. etc.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

You should tread lightly with that kind of hermeneutical approach to Christ, it seems to verge on Gnosticism, and Gnosticism never goes anywhere good.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

You should tread lightly with that kind of hermeneutical approach to Christ, it seems to verge on Gnosticism, and Gnosticism never goes anywhere good.

I speak from the standpoint of above, not mans own works.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
There is a scene in the movie "Cloud Atlas" where Halle Berry has to tell Tom Hanks character that the god/goddess he worships, is no god at all, but just a cloned human who died hundreds of years before. She then "proves" it to him.

This is religion and "god" in a nutshell. Whoever these so-called gods/goddesses might have been, they were no more divine than anyone else.
edit on 5/18/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

That was a fantastic movie!

The concept of God is simply a prevalent and voracious culturally-induced meme.
edit on 5/18/2013 by Nacirema because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You don't need religion or a book to find the obvious. Much less, donate to one cult or purchase another cult's book to feel 'acceptance'.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nacirema

Sure, absolutely. That's why we're seeing a rapidly growing Christian and Jewish population in predominantly Buddhist and Taoist countries. Because God is a meme.

Lol

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanCullen
Karma is heaps like original sin in my opinion.

Do the jews have anything like 'original sin'? Does Hindu?

Original sin can be seen as believing that you can judge right or wrong in another soul without all the facts. The apple of knowledge of good an evil. It is a duality separation thing that people do. The opposite of this is treating you soul brothers and sisters as yourself. Non duality the idea that everything is part of a single whole.

The funny thing is that Jehovah means "the existing One".
. That kinda means a lot for a non dualist because they have a tendency to believe ONE is all.
edit on 18-5-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987
I have always found it somewhat of a paradox how most religions both claim to know the will of God, and yet say that God works in ways that we couldn't possibly understand.
God is in many religions considered to be omniscient, but yet he would judge someone for not living up to his standards. I am well aware that most religions also have their ways of explaining how this work, but I am sorry to say that I've never heard an answer that fully satisfied me.

I don't believe God would punish a person who was good all of his life, even if he failed to submit to any religion. The different religions take on what is good, is sometimes in opposition to each other, in conflict, so I find it hard to understand how anyone could possibly know what is truly good by God's standard.
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

If they do not get it on a lower level even then they are not being aware or confused by conditioning and dogma. Start by looking into synchronicity to get a way to observe what is going on and not just have faith. We are being lied to in schools and religious dogma about how the reality works.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nacirema

Also, what you call a meme, the Bible tells us is that all are born with a knowledge of God. But because of our sin, pride, and selfishness, we deny God. Not because we don't believe in God, but because we don't want to believe in God. Through general and special revelations, we see the beauty and design of a loving God. "The firmament showeth his handywork."

Your reduction of general revelation and natural presupposition of God to a "meme" shows me how hard you try to deny what is obvious. But when the day comes that you must face God, using the excuse, "Oh Lord, if I only knew thee" won't fly. You DO know God. All know God, and all will face judgment some day.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

It's a load of crap to you not because you don't believe it. You don't WANT to believe it, because that would mean that you're accountable for your actions. God is the one thing standing between you and autonomy, and unfortunately, you won't have an excuse when the time comes for you to answer for your life.

Nope... Its a load of crap because there are logical inconsistences with the idea of "hell" in the traditional sense...

I've got two threads on that concept, and im considering making a third...

IF God is love like it says in "the book"... where does hell fit into that ideal which is one of the base themes of Christianity?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Mads1987

God is within all of us... thus... we all know what is Good according to God...

Some choose not to listen to what is inside though...

That is just to wage for me. You could try forever, but you would never find two people who would always 'hear' the same thing, even if they both truly listened.

Hence the many religions and sub groups.

What does love your neighbour as you love yourself mean to you?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
ultimately yes. a man who longs for god can find god in a rock and god will answer

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join