It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Map shows world's 'most racist' countries

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
As Tenth says:

End racism by stop participating in it.

He's got a point.

Love, and peace brothers, and sisters.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm surprised at India.
They are a lot more truthful than most of the people here in the USA.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Why does the MSM never bother to report on this?

Because the progressive elites, many of whom are in the MSM, believe that America is the root of all evil. They hate this country and they take every opportunity to trash it. This attitude was on full display when Obama took office in 08' and went on the 'around the world apology tour'.

All I hear about is how racist the US is.
I hear about white privilege.
I hear that underrepresented minorities are being held back.

They believe there is no problem that can’t be solved by playing the race card. It works every time even though 90% of the time it’s complete BS.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Agree.

The media plays its game with the masses. Been doing it for a while.

S&F

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Anyone who thinks or thought that we are a bunch of Racists in America...

History Lesson: We are equal opportunity racists.... We hate everyone equally~

Then we tax you to death~

Well atleast that's how I see it...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Considering the only questions was

The survey asked individuals what types of people they would refuse to live next to, and counted how many chose the option 'people of a different race' as a percentage for each country.

This pretty much proves nothing. So most Americans would not refuse to live next to person of a different race. So what? I can still think my race is superior to others, still not want my kid marrying another race, stil not want to hire them, still look down on them etc, and not refuse to live next to them. Archie Buncker in this survey would be not be considered racists. Think about that.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Japanese were hated by Chinese and Koreans.

The rape of the Nanking may still have a little something to do with that...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
So many times has Australia been called the most racist white country by a lot of people. It is starting to really get on my nerves, because it's all people ever talk about when Australia is mentioned. Now what do we have here? A freaking map stating that Australia is one of the least racist countries in the world.

Take that you ignorant, biased, anti-Australians

Sorry, i had to get it out of my system.

Edit: Ah bloody hell, the comments in the link are even having a go at Australians. When will people learn to stop judging a country based on a couple of individuals they see on Youtube or in seedy parts of Australia?
edit on 17-5-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
While I agree that the US isn't quite as bad as some folks make it out to be, this poll might not be very accurate. It takes a "special" person to actually admit outright that they are racist, so while most people may answer the poll in a politically correct manner, their real feelings might be the opposite. So it could be that the only real thing we can infer from this is that some countries are more prone to answering this question honestly than others.

Just an observation. A poll like this is only as honest as the people answering it.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Interesting to me is that the "most racist" countries are ones which were subjected to decades if not centuries of attacks, occupation and subjugation by the so called "non-racist" countries...

Take India for example. They had been abused in their own nation for 200 years by the Brits. I think I can understand why they may be a bit nervous about outsiders.

edit on 17-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

India has had those problems long before the colonia powers: Sikh vs Hindi vs Muslim. Britain actually tried to stop the racial violence--not because they believed in brotherly love but for the simple fact that turmoil was bad for business. I'd suggest that colonialism did not cause these problems but rather that they were colonized because they could not get along enough to put up a united front against colonialism. United we stand, divided we fall and all that.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Pffft. All us Australians keep hearing is that we are viewed as a bunch of racists the world over especially toward Indians (there were a few attacks on some Indian students a while ago).

Now look at India with their +40% of people wouldnt want a neighbour of another race living next to them.

Oh here we go. Just look at the comments fields...

www.dailymail.co.uk... le-2325502/Map-shows-worlds-racist-countries-answers-surprise-you.html
edit on 18-5-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The worst seem to be Filipinos, Indonesians, Indians and Middle Eastern people..... you know, the ones that immigrate to places like NZ in droves.....so they can live next door to someone from another race...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
He ain't heavy

He's my brother...

edit on 17-5-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

YEAH BABY!!!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I love how the US and Britain are low on the totem pole of racism. Jesus Christ dailymail is just a huge load of BS.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I think India was probably a lot more honest.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Pffft. All us Australians keep hearing is that we are viewed as a bunch of racists the world over especially toward Indians (there were a few attacks on some Indian students a while ago).

I think Indians can blame their own country for a lot of this.

I wonder how they would feel about Australians if we called them umpteen times a day for years on end when your having dinner or in the shower or on the crapper or during your conjugal visit etc just to scam you into buying something you don`t want.Yeah I`m sure most Indians would respond with P off Australian! as well,no matter what color or flavour Aussie we may be.

But the least most racist countries doesn`t surprise me at all, multiculturalism shows us all the rich cultures of other people from other lands and that we can all learn from and get along with one another for the most part.If not a swift kick in the butt will follow until you learn to play well with others.

All we need do is for all countries to realise this and all hold hands accept a new monetary system and the mark and Lucifer`s our uncle. (Someone had to take advantage of a good idea)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
seriously... the ones that were shocked about india must live on a different planet earth...
they rather share their milk with their own rats then to give it to a foreigner...

But for me its ok... they're the only people I'm racist towards and I do have my own personal reasons so... I guess we're even - well not really even since I could be here all night telling really wicked stuff about india, but since I do want to get a good night of sleep, I wont... and well... most of it I actually can't. Anyway... this "survey" shouldnt be a surprise to anyone.

EDIT: In africa theres a saying: "if you you're facing a snake and an indian, kill the indian".
edit on 18-5-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
How do we know how accurate this study is?

They were asking "who would they not prefer to have as neighbors" and the percentage of results were based on the answer "another race"...

However, how do we know that some people wanted to say "another race" but didn't out of embarrassment so they said something else instead?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
So many times has Australia been called the most racist white country by a lot of people. It is starting to really get on my nerves, because it's all people ever talk about when Australia is mentioned. Now what do we have here? A freaking map stating that Australia is one of the least racist countries in the world.

Take that you ignorant, biased, anti-Australians

Sorry, i had to get it out of my system.

Edit: Ah bloody hell, the comments in the link are even having a go at Australians. When will people learn to stop judging a country based on a couple of individuals they see on Youtube or in seedy parts of Australia?
edit on 17-5-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

I know what you mean, but what you said is the most racist thing anyone can say.

Australia a White country....

Australia hasnt been a "White" Country for years......

No doubt tho, they only asked "White" people for their opinion in the New "West" World....

Now ask the Real Australian Aboriginals, American Indians, Canadian Indians and NZ Maoris what they think of all them white fellas living in the neighbourhood........

I think the "Racism" level just spiked.......

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I'm glad I live in a reasonably tolerant society, got to better than living in an intolerant society. Tolerance allows for freedom of individual expression, whether that be religious, sexual or cultural. It even means tolerating the things you don't believe in too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join