Map shows world's 'most racist' countries

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Map shows world's 'most racist' countries (and the answers may surprise you)

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

www.dailymail.co.uk

Britain is one of the most racially tolerant countries on the planet, a survey claims.

The global social attitudes study claims that the most racially intolerant populations are all in the developing world, with Bangladesh, Jordan and India in the top five.

By contrast, the study of 80 countries over three decades found Western countries were most accepting of other cultures with Britain, the U.S., Canada and Australia more tolerant than anywhere else.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5/17/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Now I have to say.... I'm shocked

All I hear about is how racist the US is.
I hear about white privilege.
I hear that underrepresented minorities are being held back.

This article says that the US and Britain are very tolerant.

This seems to fly in the face of what the MSM reports.

So, how is it that when compared to other countries the US, Canada and Britain come out as so tolerant?

Why does the MSM never bother to report on this?

Is it time for minorities in the US Canada and Britain to realize that they actually live in very tolerant societies and stop blaming society for their issues?

www.dailymail.co.uk
edit on 5/17/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod edit--Titles.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

You only hear about the stories where racial issues are at the forefront. If it isn't then it would not be in the news. You don't hear of "black on black" or "white on white" crime in the news much. I live in Atlanta, one of the biggest, most racially diverse cities in the US and while there is racism, it is not an issue really.

Minorities tend to try to make it the issue in a lot of cases when it has no basis in truth or in even being brought up. I relate it to the tornado and natural disaster stories. They always put the people living in trailers and mobile homes on the news in the southern areas in the US as if they represent the whole of the local population when it could not be farther from the truth and is actually embarrassing to those of us that live in the south.

Just like with racism, they always put that in the news when the majority here are not like that yet we get a bad name because of MSM.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I also tend to think that because of the different dynamic in the US and having so many religions they have to portray it in a different way so they use race. If you look at the news, any country that is having religious wars are essentially having race wars. In that light, the US looks like a kitty cat.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Strange to see those stats because where I am the majority of our immigrants come from India and Hong Kong which are both high on the list of people who wouldn't wand a person from another race as a neighbor. We have shopping malls where all the signage is in Chinese and non Asians are beginning to get peeved.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
www.dailymail.co.uk

That IS the "MSM".

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

If you look at the news, any country that is having religious wars are essentially having race wars. In that light, the US looks like a kitty cat.

That is not factual. The majority of conflicts around the planet involve muslims engaged in jihad against non-muslims. These are not "race" wars. These are civilization struggles wherein one culture is replaced with another.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I wonder. (Department of Half-Formed Ideas checking in)

I have seen threads where the hatred of Bush, or Obama, or Catholics, or Jews, have so overfilled the minds of the posters that they are unable to accept the existence of any good thing about their targets. It's Pavlovian.

Could that be happening here? Overwhelming hatred of the US driving people to continually say bad things about the US (or the West) without any ability to even see contrary evidence? Could their first assumption be "If there is a bad thing, the US must be guilty of it?"

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Perhaps it is the Man bites Dog phenomena.

I do not try to deny that racism exists. However this article seems to say that we here in the US are pretty tolerant.

So when intolerance crops up, it is big news.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Certain elements of the PTB promote and foster rascism, just another off-shoot of the divide and conquer/rule paradigm that works so well in politics.

Luckily many enlightened people fight this.

Surprised Japan isn't listed as one of the most rascist countries...........cuz it is.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I could not help noticing, on that map, that France comes out as the most "racist" country in Europe.
I wonder why that should be.

edit on 17-5-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless

Originally posted by Wildbob77
www.dailymail.co.uk

That IS the "MSM".

plus 5 pt for you my friend.

this is just mainstream propaganda to sway the masses in their favor that the US and the english speaking countries aren't actually so racially bad. Well... it is BAD. Horrible. The country is ruled by white supremacists and all kinds of racists people. IT'S BAD. I'd believe a hobo on the street to tell me the truth more over some pig advertising their garbage.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by joshuaislord

Perhaps I should take my thought out of the half-formed idea department. It appears that you have made my case.

link   
I lived in Japan for three years.
I was shocked at how much Asian people hated other Asian people.
Koreans were hated by Japanese and Chinese.
Japanese were hated by Chinese and Koreans.
Chinese were hated by Japanese and Koreans.

People point at the USA and scream 'racist' ...
but .. man ... the USA has NOTHING on Japan, IMHO.

link   
He ain't heavy

He's my brother...
edit on 17-5-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'm not shocked by these stats, if they showed to be true. After all, this study would indicate traditional behaviors of a country as a whole, and the U.S. is one of the younger countries in the world... not to mention it's built by immigrants of multiple countries.

If the study included financial indifference and prejudices of such, I think we might find the U.S. topping the list. I've seemingly noticed trending over the last couple decades that rich/poor has become a much bigger conflict than areas of racial differences. Separation of wealth will come to be more of a topic of conflict in the coming years than any other area of human indifference.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ttobban

I do think that class warfare is being fostered by much of the media.

We live in a society where there are have's havenots, and them some who have so much it's ridiculous.

In the movies, the bad guys often seem to be a wealthy ( industrialist, developer, biotech scientist etc) They are almost always wealthy.
edit on 17-5-2013 by Wildbob77 because: added more to my post

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I believe Western countries are very different with race and culture. When Japan was an empire they colonized China and Korea which is why many dislike Japan because of what they did to their ancestors and culture. When I was browsing Bulbapedia (Pokemon encyclopedia) it showed episodes that were banned in South Korea because it featured characters it anything Japanese. Like the samurai character was controversial enough to ban the episode. Every culture and country is different. All we need to do is survive.

Link
Link 2

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Interesting to me is that the "most racist" countries are ones which were subjected to decades if not centuries of attacks, occupation and subjugation by the so called "non-racist" countries...

Take India for example. They had been abused in their own nation for 200 years by the Brits. I think I can understand why they may be a bit nervous about outsiders.

edit on 17-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Gee, the U.S. isn't quite as bad as some would have us believe... No shocker if you've traveled the country at all...

Even the much maligned south isn't nearly the bigot hot bed some would have you believe.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join