It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Grocery List: Bread, Milk, Grubs, Beetles, Maggots...YUM!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

they could be raised on “organic side-streams” like human/animal waste

There is nothing wrong with eating bugs for food, but to suggest that the world needs to consider raising these "crops" on human poo then eating them is beyond all reasoning.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

they could be raised on “organic side-streams” like human/animal waste

There is nothing wrong with eating bugs for food, but to suggest that the world needs to consider raising these "crops" on human poo then eating them is beyond all reasoning.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I see you're getting attacked for understanding my comment.
Do people not comprehend that the UN telling us what we should and shouldn't eat is the most distasteful part of this entire report?
It has absolutely nothing to do with eating bugs. The mere fact that the UN is even suggesting we dine on insects while our President and UN a$$ kisser is always dining on lobster and ribs is the disgusting part.
In fact, insects would be a better source of protein considering that our usual meat is now genetically engineered, riddled with hormones and antibiotics, and tainted with Mad Cow Disease.

Did anyone know that October 14th is Chocolate Covered Insects Day?
voices.yahoo.com...
I bet they taste better than chocolate covered coffee beans and a lot healthier for you, too.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by jude11

I see you're getting attacked for understanding my comment.
Do people not comprehend that the UN telling us what we should and shouldn't eat is the most distasteful part of this entire report?
It has absolutely nothing to do with eating bugs. The mere fact that the UN is even suggesting we dine on insects while our President and UN a$$ kisser is always dining on lobster and ribs is the disgusting part.
In fact, insects would be a better source of protein considering that our usual meat is now genetically engineered, riddled with hormones and antibiotics, and tainted with Mad Cow Disease.

Did anyone know that October 14th is Chocolate Covered Insects Day?
voices.yahoo.com...
I bet they taste better than chocolate covered coffee beans and a lot healthier for you, too.

Yup,

Attacked for understanding and agreeing.

All in a day's work I guess.

Peace

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with eating bugs, in many countries it's common practice. Just don't forget the chocolate for dipping.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

If bugs were available to the starving in Africa, don't you think they'd already be eating them.
Africa is starving for one reason only and that is the Greed for Africa's gold, diamonds, oil, land and other assets, plus the corruption and mismanagement of its 'misleaders'.
Africans would get on fine if there were no borders, no arms being provided to its soldiers and no foreigners taking what they can get their grubby hands on.
Bug eating is NOT Africa's problem.......it is speculators, greedy rich people, horrific corruption and the deliberate lack of REAL education for its people.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Please show me where it is telling anyone what they have to eat.
This is a UN report presenting the FACTS.
It is a FACT that we cannot feed everyone and that starvation is still a massive problem.
It is a FACT that eating insects could potentially assist in easing this massive problem.

Where has the report suggested that you will have to eat insects but the President won't? You seem to think this is going to happen tomorrow, and that all these businesses around you will close to be replaced by UN mandated insect farms!
You are making this BS up as you go along, probably because you underestimated the logical thinking of the people here and their understanding of the problem and the potential solution.

This is about the whole "bugs, ewwww!!!!" mentality, and you seem to be trying to make it something else now that others have used more intelligence.

Indeed, so what's the problem?
You agree that eating insects might actually make sense in various ways, but you're still against the notion because you've IMAGINED that the rich won't have to eat them and you will?

I think too many people haven't read anything about this subject and are just commenting from their paranoid opinion of "THE UN IS EVIL".

Guess what, if the UN (or any government) wanted to kill millions of people, or lock up millions of people in FEMA camps, they could do it within months and not waste so much time writing endless reports and making elaborate plans to SAVE millions of people

edit on 17-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Pardon me! You are correct.
The UN isn't suggesting anything. The actual words used were "urges" and "advocating".
Urge:

try earnestly or persistently to persuade (someone) to do something

oxforddictionaries.com...
Advocate:

a person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy:

Yeah, no pressure here from the UN.

Do you actually believe that any higher ups, let alone the President, would eat insects? I seriously doubt it.

In case you haven't heard, insects are not high in fat. If women don't get enough fat, they cannot menstruate. Eating insects would simply be for sustainability. Period. Eating insects would not be nutritious for a pregnant woman or babies. Are you starting to see the big picture yet?
Have you noticed the word "sustainable" popping up a lot more lately?
Let's look at the definition, shall we?
oxforddictionaries.com...
Sustainable:

able to be maintained at a certain rate or level:

Now, think about this definition and go back and read the Georgia Guidestones.

The UN is not a benevolent organization. If you think they're all about making us healthier, you live in a fantasy world. I'm all for having insects added to our diets, but I'm afraid that they're wanting us to eat a much higher percentage than we should be eating. We still need fats and other forms of protein to be healthy and be able to have healthy offspring that grow up to be healthy. The UN isn't talking about healthy, just sustainable. Sustainable doesn't necessarily mean healthy. It can mean just getting by so you don't drop dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join