It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Grocery List: Bread, Milk, Grubs, Beetles, Maggots...YUM!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Why post this in the NWO forum? Because it's where we seem to be headed at the hands of the elite. Yup, they want us to eat bugs instead of burgers. And the reasoning? Overpopulation of course.

Ok, so I have my feelings on this and many would probably agree but is there something to be said for this?

My question is why is the UN behind this push towards us eating insects? Is this really their only solution to World hunger? Couldn't look at the fact that big industry, Monsanto, oil, gas, lumber etc are the ones destroying our food chain but rather it's due to overpopulation.

To accommodate this number, current food production will need to almost double. Land is scarce and expanding the area devoted to farming is rarely a viable or sustainable option. Oceans are overfished and climate change and related water shortages could have profound implications for food production. To meet the food and nutrition challenges of today – there are nearly 1 billion chronically hungry people worldwide – and tomorrow, what we eat and how we produce it needs to be re-evaluated. Inefficiencies need to be rectified and food waste reduced. We need to find new ways of growing food. Read more: newsfeed.time.com...

www.activistpost.com...
As cold-blooded creatures they are “very efficient” in converting feed to protein, needing 12 times less feed than cattle in order to produce the same amount. They also feed on human and animal waste, and can transform this into protein. (source) This suggestion that everyday people be reduced to consuming insects that are fed excrement is part of the hijacked green movement, cloaked under the guise of “sustainable development”. World leaders and fake environmental groups are doctoring science and conveying propaganda through tools like the media and the school systems.

So we have to ask ourselves this question as well. Will the elite join us in worm casseroles? Somehow I doubt it.

Do you think that Bill and Melinda Gates will be sending their housekeeper to the market to pick up a basket of fresh caterpillars for dinner? Will baked beetles be on the menu at the Rothschild estate? Will the Obama children have bug salad sandwiches in their lunch boxes when they go to school?

And of course the logical arguments aren't being answered but how can we just ignore the fact that the UN is just following their own agendas and to hell with everyone else. We have farmers being sued for selling raw milk, people having their yards ripped up and fined for growing their own food on their own property, Monsanto destroying our soil, seed lines etc but...

If the United Nations was truly concerned about the well-being and health of the hungry people of the world, wouldn’t they be teaching sustainable farming methods? Wouldn’t they be promoting urban gardening, micro-livestock, and handing out heirloom seed packets? Wouldn’t they be cracking down on companies like Monsanto and Dow, who are poisoning much of the farmland of the world with their toxic seeds and pesticides? This is pure Agenda 21 “resource management” and the purpose is to remove more resources from the hands of the poor and reallocate them to the wealthy.

I honestly never thought I would see this type of insanity in my lifetime. I couldn't even imagine it when I was younger. I knew that I would experience some strange and scary things in my life but this is straight out of nightmares IMO.

UN Grocery List: Bread, Milk, Grubs, Beetles, Maggots - See more at: www.theorganicprepper.ca...

Have you ever read about a survival scenario where a kidnapping victim, a forgotten prisoner, or lost hiker was forced to choke down insects in order to survive? Did it sound repulsive? Demeaning? Even sub-human? Well, welcome your life if the United Nations has anything to do with it. Our “friends” - See more at: www.theorganicprepper.ca...

More: newsfeed.time.com...

Peace

edit on 15-5-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
First and foremost, eating insects is completely and perfectly normal in a lot of countries.
To my understanding they offer lots of high-quality protein, are very easy to breed and have a WAY better meat/feed ratio (or whatever you'd call it). Chances will also pretty slim that they'll be filled with all sorts of meds and drugs.

Just to name a few things that came into my mind. Also, promoting a new (as in new for most western nations) idea doesn't mean that they completely neglect anything else. And just because most people in western nations feel uneasy about eating insects, it isn't automatically a bad thing.

I don't know about all that NWO stuff, evil master-plans and such, but meat-production, as it is, has, undoubtedly, many unsolved issues.
Always remember, there's quite a number of people feeling absolutely disgusted at the sight of someone eating pork, beef or anything alike.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Because the UN has done their math.

According to Smithsonian Encyclopedia there are 10 Quintillion Bugs alive on the Planet at any given time.
If you divide that by the Worlds Population ( Of about 10 Billion ), you have Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner for a Couple of Years.
That is Just enough time to come up with an alternative before the supply runs out.

On a side note,. . People would be highly motivated to find an Alternate food source ASAP as the though of ingesting insects is NOT very attractive in the slightest.

edit on 15-5-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
"Your Majesty! The peasants are hungry, they have no bread to eat!"

"The peasants have no bread to eat? Well then, LET THEM EAT BUGS!"

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I've never had an issue with eating bugs.
However, the fact that the UN has suggested we eat them is the part that turns my stomach. I'm sure they'll soon use their usual psychological warfare techniques to make everyone believe that eating bugs is "cool" and trendy. I'm sure they'll have photos of models eating insects while wearing Tommy Hilfiger. Of course, butterflies will be off the menu. They can't have us eating their universal symbol for mind control and fractured personalities, right? Alas, I digress.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
However, the fact that the UN has suggested we eat them is the part that turns my stomach. I'm sure they'll soon use their usual psychological warfare techniques to make everyone believe that eating bugs is "cool" and trendy. I'm sure they'll have photos of models eating insects while wearing Tommy Hilfiger. Of course, butterflies will be off the menu. They can't have us eating their universal symbol for mind control and fractured personalities, right? Alas, I digress.

And there it is...Thank you.

I didn't reply to a few other posters because I couldn't understand their willingness to accept this as a "Good Thing".

Thanks for a voice of reason.

Peace

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Great !

I'll just fry up a big ol' batch of maggots in garlic butter and send it over to the lunch counter cafeteria at the UN's head office. Best to get them started on their new diet suggestions as soon as possible.

Perhaps I should also send along a tasty side order of slug juice to wash it all down... just in case they end up with some maggot skins stuck between their teeth.

I'm such a thoughtful plebeian.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
One survival tip I've read says to toast the bugs then mash them into powder. Then you add the powder to soups and stews for extra protein. When you are hungry you eat what you can. We eat bugs all the time, we just don't know it. Processed food is allowed to have a small amout of bugs. Ever bit into an apple and found half a worm? Do you eat lobster, crab, shrimp, crayfish? They are related to bugs. Bear Grylls eats them raw all the time, but with a lot of thing he does, I bet he is sick a lot! Always cook your bugs to kill bacteria and parasites. It also makes them taste better.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Magister because: addition

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

I didn't reply to a few other posters because I couldn't understand their willingness to accept this as a "Good Thing".

Peace

You weren't willing to offer your opinion because you didn't want to be alone?

A bit silly isn't it?

Anyway, bugs ah.. WOn't have me eating no bugs.. no way siree. Not while I have my scrambled eggs and milk.

you won't catch me eating any rotten bugs.. not while I have my crayfish, prawns and lobster.

No way in hell am I eating bugs.. as I devour my bacon and steak.

None of that funny stuff with legs and insides.. yuck.. what sort of filthy vermin do they think we are.

And also, because the UN said it, I have to rrraawr now!!! Who the hell do they think they is. Some sort of united nation thing? Ha.

Chickens.. the only animal you can eat before it's born and after it's dead.. nom nom nom

*ps, if my sarcasm breaks your detector, it's not a sign of any less sarcasm. Bugs? You already eat plenty in your breads and cereals.. by standards there is a quota they're allowed to include, rofl? lol!*

*Arrrrgh a spider get get get*

edit on 16-5-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
One survival tip I've read says to toast the bugs then mash them into powder. Then you add the powder to soups and stews for extra protein.

I've seen earth worms dried and ground that way, and it's said to taste like chicken salt. Or salt anyway.

But it's no different than any other food.

Man if someone came up today and said "Hey guys, lets cut open this big stinky brown thing and eat the red bits." people would say "You're cracked." and he'd say "Nahh like, we'll burn it first.."

Bugs? Not in my diet.

Funny thing is prawns and all crustaceans are basically bugs from the sea. They don't scurry into corners of the kitchen however, no, they come out of the freezer.

People who are allergic to shellfish can also be allergic to many insects.

How about "Lets drink this fluid, it came out of the big stinky brown thing we cut open before and burnt."

Lets take that fluid and leave it in the sun... oh look it's gone all rotten and chunky.. Hmm Hmm, cheese on toast.

People have no problem gulping down embryonic cluckers, but none of that wriggly crap.

I say why not. In some cultures it's considered rude not to fart.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

First of all, we have to recognize that we only eat the things we do and reject others because we have been conditioned to think that way.
The only difference between eating a worm burger and a beef burger is our understanding of disgust. These are things we pick up on when we are kids, we're educated to think of bugs as disgusting, poisonous, dangerous etc.

There are a lot of insects being eaten all over the world right now, and just because people in the West don't eat them doesn't make them any less nutritious or healthy.

Understanding that "snobbery" is important, but it doesn't change the effects of the conditioning. Even though I can understand that an insect burger might be delicious, and more healthy, than a traditional beef burger, I still have that learned behaviour of being disgusted by the idea.

This is why it will take a generation or two to change and accept it.

As for why this is the case, yes we could argue that the corporations are the guilty ones, controlling and manipulating the food chain for their own profit. But without having the tools or the willingness to change that, we have to have an alternative.

We could change a lot right now if Washington decided there would be no more lobbying from banksters and corporations, and that the revolving door policy of private business going back and forth into politics would end, but as there is no sign of that happening we have to make alternative plans.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Peace

How is this the "voice of reason"?

The fact is insects are generally nutritious, and the idea that we should not eat them is cultural. It's no different to some cultures eating dogs. It's a scientific fact that these things are okay in a Human diet, but you absolutely refuse it because the UN suggests it?

So, what if the UN made a statement tomorrow that smoking causes cancer - this is also something we all know and has been proven too, right? Would you immediately start smoking because you believe it's a ploy by the NWO to kill millions of people?

You're making no sense at all. The UN has simply stated a fact, and you have twisted it to become a suspicious plan to subjugate the population... as if eating Maccy D and the slimy trash pumped out by American food chains is ANY better for you.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Marsupilami

Always remember, there's quite a number of people feeling absolutely disgusted at the sight of someone eating pork, beef or anything alike.

Maybe they should look the other way?

Seriously. I am not going to be inclined to eat bugs or pine cones or sticks. I happen to really like pork and beef as well as other meats.

I promise I won't bring my eating habits into their home as long as they don't try to intrude into mine.
edit on 16-5-2013 by redoubt because: addendum

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with this! In many places, livestock is hard to raise. People need protein, and there are bugs everywhere. Get over it! In the "clean" food culture of the US, there is enough bugs in our food to average out that each of us eats about 2 lbs of bugs every year....we just don't see it. Here's an article about it all:
How Many Insect Parts and Rodent Hairs are Allowed in Our Food?

And up until all the FDA rules, people ate a lot more bugs. Ever read an old cookbook where it says to sift the flour? It's was seldom to fluff the flour, it's to remove the flour bugs (there are many) because those bugs get in everything and food costs money. You take the bugs out and you eat. Or you leave the bugs in and you eat. But you never waste money by wasting food, bugs or not.

Stop being so squeamish. If you have a garden, use a farmer's market, and buy organic produce, you are eating bugs.

The most interesting bug I've ever seen in my kitchen requires high magnification. I found a piece of cake from a carry-out had them in the packaging. It looked like flour and I was wondering where the loose flour got into the packaging. Then I saw the flour move. Think of how often on baked good there is a floury surface. Do you examine it for movement? Probably not. Which means you have probably eaten flour mites. And you lived! Imagine.
Source, with link to fact page
edit on 16-5-2013 by stars15k because: added picture

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I understand that the world produces enough food to feed 12 billion people.
The problem seems to be transportation and GREED! The GREED is of the middle men who do nothing but WANT everything in their favour, be it speculators or supermarkets.

With regards to the UN and 'bugs' I suggest, they eat bugs themselves, since they are probably thinking that's what other people should do and not their own 'special' selves, with their paid for 4 course meals, limousines and useless 'work'.

We need insects as much as bees to fertilise crops. We already have big problems with bees and if we start eating up all the bugs.........well.........we all know where that will lead.

You can reach a point where you become sick to the back teeth of the rubbish the 'thinkers' of this world come up with and worse still, are PAID to come up with!
edit on 16-5-2013 by Elliot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
All I would have to do is sprinkle some cheese on the maggots and devour them like a cheese burrito.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Yes people need protein BUT the 21 amino acids can be made up of plant proteins to complete the full protein intake. For example, beans on toast which separately do not give a complete 21 amino acid meal but together.......you have a full protein. No need to eat bugs!!!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Mm,am sitting down to a jumbo fried sausage supper and thinking for the very first time in my life that being a vegetarian sounds like an option

Cockroach and maggot,even deep fried is just a step too far.Call me a spoilt westerner but seriously you could have all the celebs n superstars tucking into worm n wood louse all you want but i won't be joining the party.lol.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I noticed two news segments about this topic in the last week or so. They showed people in Africa collecting a large insect and putting them in baskets for food.

Although I consider myself born outside the box to begin with, I must admit to the fact that I've probably been conditioned to say "bugs, eeew". That said, the rational part of me wonders what types of bacteria, fungus, worms and toxins bugs carry. I mean, they're bugs! They crawl where angels fear to tread!

Maybe that makes me a buggist. I'll take that over wondering whether that belly ache after fried maggots indicates that I ingested a whole other type of worm...

Wait...do any bugs taste like bacon? Because that would be another argument for a bacon forum.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

And the starving in Africa can get beans, rice, bread, toaster, and the electricity to use it?

You missed the point completely.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join