Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Need Help With I.E. Settings

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hello Computer Genius'


I asked for help before wiping off my hard drive the other day and got some great advice.
Now I'm back to ask about certain settings for Internet Explorer.

The only real issue I'm having with it is that when I hit the name of the last poster on a thread in my subscribed list to see his/her post, it takes me to the top of the thread, and then I have to scroll down to the bottom to find the post. Or when I post a reply, it does the same thing. It is frustrating to have to keep scrolling through all these threads to get to where I want to be.

Is there something I need to do in my settings to make this stop?
edit on 5/15/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
First mistake your using Internet explorer, the single worst browser on the planet.

Download Firefox, chrome, safari, heck any things better than I.E.

As for the problem it seems to not want to recognize the redirect script at the end of the HTML address that ats uses, no idea why that's happening suspect it's because I.E. is again the worst browser around.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735
 



Originally posted by sled735

Hello Computer Genius'
Just for the record: I am in no way a genius of any sort, and especially not with regards to computers.


Now with that↑ being said, I'll throw in my 2 cents by saying; Screw IE. Go with Firefox. Since you're already starting over from scratch, now would be a good time to make the switch.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles
 


I had firefox. I don't care for it. My daugher has to have I.E. or Firefox for her online classes. So choosing between the two, I chose I.E.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I can't help because I haven't used ie in forever...Firefox is the answer IMO. You can also download a little Mozilla tool that allows you to back up your Firefox and Thunderbird (email) settings and store them on another drive so if you have to format your drive you can completely restore your settings. No more loosing bookmarks or contacts



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Change to Firefox or Google Chrome?

Download Chrome



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
First mistake your using Internet explorer, the single worst browser on the planet.

Download Firefox, chrome, safari, heck any things better than I.E.

As for the problem it seems to not want to recognize the redirect script at the end of the HTML address that ats uses, no idea why that's happening suspect it's because I.E. is again the worst browser around.


Well, darn it!!! Maybe I need to rethink my choice. I had Google chrome before I erased everything, and my daughter used the Firefox. Having two different browsers caused some conflicts, I think.

Sigh... I may just have to erase I.E. and go with Firefox.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Originally posted by benrl
First mistake your using Internet explorer, the single worst browser on the planet.

Download Firefox, chrome, safari, heck any things better than I.E.

As for the problem it seems to not want to recognize the redirect script at the end of the HTML address that ats uses, no idea why that's happening suspect it's because I.E. is again the worst browser around.


Well, darn it!!! Maybe I need to rethink my choice. I had Google chrome before I erased everything, and my daughter used the Firefox. Having two different browsers caused some conflicts, I think.

Sigh... I may just have to erase I.E. and go with Firefox.


Firefox and ie can live in the same system without issues, you just use one or the other. Once you've opened and used ie, I don't think you can get rid of it...(I may be wrong). I have both loaded without issue for as long as I can remember.
edit on 15-5-2013 by minkmouse because: makin it make sense



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse
 


Thank you. That's good to know.

I'm going to do that right now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks, ya'll!!!



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by BrokenCircles
 


I had firefox. I don't care for it. My daugher has to have I.E. or Firefox for her online classes. So choosing between the two, I chose I.E.


Frankly you chose wrong, I.E. is full of security holes that can lead your computer vulnerable to attack.

But more power to you who am I to stop from from making a mistake, I hear the ford Edsel is a nice car you might wana look into that too.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have all browsers installed on my PC as I need to test my software in different web browsers as do many web designers, having more than one browser installed shouldn't cause any issues they are separate programs.

I would recommend going with chrome its by far the most stable and faster than most out there, if you need to stick with IE then make sure it updated to the latest version as running older versions can contain bugs...



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
I have all browsers installed on my PC as I need to test my software in different web browsers as do many web designers, having more than one browser installed shouldn't cause any issues they are separate programs.

I would recommend going with chrome its by far the most stable and faster than most out there, if you need to stick with IE then make sure it updated to the latest version as running older versions can contain bugs...


Well, as I said, my daughter needed I.E. or Firefox for her online classes. Something about Google Chrome didn't work on her school site.
If I had my choice, I would have stayed with Chrome. But, now that I am finding out that I.E. is vulnerable for attacks....

I just downloaded Firefox. I'm using it now.


Thanks everyone.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by BrokenCircles
 


I had firefox. I don't care for it. My daugher has to have I.E. or Firefox for her online classes. So choosing between the two, I chose I.E.


Frankly you chose wrong, I.E. is full of security holes that can lead your computer vulnerable to attack.

But more power to you who am I to stop from from making a mistake, I hear the ford Edsel is a nice car you might wana look into that too.



Thank you.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Dagnabit!!! Now my flashplayer won't work. I knew there would be all kinds of problems switching over once I had everything to set for I.E.

I tried to install it again, but it said it failed. Is there something I need to do to make it work with Firefox? I already have it downloaded for I.E.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Just go to your tools menu/ add ons and grab flash. You have to be a bit patient when switching browsers as it can tak a day or two to get it balanced



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
As an IT expert and security analyst I cannot emphasize enough how much you need to STOP using Internet Explorer permanently, and forward this information to anyone who does.

Internet Explorer 0-day attacks on US nuke workers hit 9 other sites

This was but a week or two ago.

Internet Explorer is inherently one of the most insecure pieces of garbage ever designed, and it has remained that way since it's conception.

Do NOT use Internet Explorer

Switch to Firefox or Chrome as others had recommended, and a simple google of "AdBlock Plus" will allow you to install a add-on to promote a healthy computing experience.

Once again, Do NOT use Internet Explorer

If you absolutely HAVE to use Internet Explorer(some government/educational facilities mandate the use of IE which is ass-backwards), use it ONLY in these situations.
edit on 15-5-2013 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)
edit on 15-5-2013 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3
As an IT expert and security analyst I cannot emphasize enough how much you need to STOP using Internet Explorer permanently, and forward this information to anyone who does.

Internet Explorer 0-day attacks on US nuke workers hit 9 other sites

This was but a week or two ago.

Internet Explorer is inherently one of the most insecure pieces of garbage ever designed, and it has remained that way since it's conception.

Do NOT use Internet Explorer

Switch to Firefox or Chrome as others had recommended, and a simple google of "AdBlock Plus" will allow you to install a add-on to promote a healthy computing experience.

Once again, Do NOT use Internet Explorer

If you absolutely HAVE to use Internet Explorer(some government/educational facilities mandate the use of IE which is ass-backwards), use it ONLY in these situations.
edit on 15-5-2013 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)
edit on 15-5-2013 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)


Worked pc repair and tech support can't tell you how many pc's I've seen taken out directly attributed to IE exploits.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3
As an IT expert and security analyst I cannot emphasize enough how much you need to STOP using Internet Explorer permanently, and forward this information to anyone who does.

Internet Explorer 0-day attacks on US nuke workers hit 9 other sites

This was but a week or two ago.

Internet Explorer is inherently one of the most insecure pieces of garbage ever designed, and it has remained that way since it's conception.

Do NOT use Internet Explorer

Switch to Firefox or Chrome as others had recommended, and a simple google of "AdBlock Plus" will allow you to install a add-on to promote a healthy computing experience.

Once again, Do NOT use Internet Explorer

If you absolutely HAVE to use Internet Explorer(some government/educational facilities mandate the use of IE which is ass-backwards), use it ONLY in these situations.
edit on 15-5-2013 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)
edit on 15-5-2013 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)



I will NOT be using Internet Explorer. OMG!!! Well, it had been years since I had it, so I wasn't aware of all this.
Thank you for the warning. Is there any way to delete it from my computer now that I have it back up? Another poster said it couldn't be erased once it is up.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
Just go to your tools menu/ add ons and grab flash. You have to be a bit patient when switching browsers as it can tak a day or two to get it balanced


Well, I just did that. Adobe Flash is already listed in my plugins. I'm at a loss. I even deleted it and reinstalled it, but it won't allow me to play videos now in Firefox.


Any other suggestions? Anyone?



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse
 


Originally posted by minkmouse

Once you've opened and used ie, I don't think you can get rid of it...(I may be wrong).

I had forgotten about that, but yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right. Awhile back, I searched everywhere on my computer, looking for a way to uninstall/disable IE, but it was nowhere to be found.

Closest thing I found was 'Windows Explorer'. I disabled it, but that didn't work out so great. lol. Everything disappeared. I couldn't even restart. I had to manually shut it down.






 
reply to post by sled735

Originally posted by sled735

I had firefox. I don't care for it. My daugher has to have I.E. or Firefox for her online classes. So choosing between the two, I chose I.E.
As with anything that you are doing for the first time, it will take a little bit of time to figure out where everything is and what all you can do. Once you get accustomed to it though, it's worth it. Overall, I think that Firefox is quite a bit easier to understand.





new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join