It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My sister actually thinks humans aren't mammals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Even bugs and fish are animals
That is the definition. I think your sister should look up the definition of mammals, it includes humans. I know it is hard to see things if you believe differently but that can be corrected by self analyzing yourself.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity

I especially hate when she says humans aren't animals, but rather, "human beings."

Tell that you figure she is right and that by her own logic.

Felines are not mammals...they're Cats. Canines are not mammals...they're Dogs.

And by that extension, since Dog is spelled God backwards, they must be....

edit on 15-5-2013 by TDawgRex because: Spelling

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

did she actually go to school - if so was it a religious insitution ?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I can't resist. And I'm surprised nobody has posted this yet
David Icke says in isolated individuals she's terrifyingly RIGHT.

I've known a couple members of the opposite sex who could not only
convince me they'd eat their young if far enough off-camera-- but were
by nature so dishonest and generally treacherous I expected their X-
rays to show up with three-chambered hearts.

One of them was a real fox gecko though... but still cold, dry and
humorless. I might still have been with her today if I could ever get a
straight answer about what she actually wanted... except if it was
to grind up my endocrine system and 40 or 50 others for a protein
bath ROFL. "Kiiiirk.... I've been Lissstening" Star Trek, "The Gorn"
And she was a lot quicker than the big guy in need of orthodontry too.....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

What does she think her ta tas are for? To make her sweater look cute? Does she know the meaning of mammal? As in an animal which is able to produce milk to feed its young? If she does know and still thinks we are not mammals then she has some kind of block or she dearly wants to think of us as not animals. Her issue is not bad. She sees us as better than animals I am willing to bet so she cant fatham this throw back in naming us mammals. Just explain that it is a milk producing distinction and doesnt mean we are like the beasts of the forrest.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Is she a Mother? Did she or does she plan to breast feed her babies? Ask her what the name of the glands that produce milk in the breast are called. She learned that in school if she studied biology. Mammary glands. Take her to a medical website that shows pictures of the breast inside and out. It explains how milk is produced. She knows that babies can be fed via breast yes? What does she think comes out of the breast. Enafimil ? Simalac? Carnation good start? Strained peas?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zandra

There is no other mammal that has a consciousness. .

I thought science has proven that dolphins do. They are mammals. I do wonder how we actually prove it or disprove it?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

My wee Granny told me a long, long time ago a very pertinent piece of advice. She said son, you can't teach pork!

Your Granny was spot on. Trying to teach some people is like trying to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time and it annoys the pig.

Science has been wrong about many things and will no doubt be wrong about many things more but in the case of humans being mammals...well thats what we call a species that has certain characteristics and humans fit into that category. As for us being mere animals, sorry that shoe doesn't fit, though science has tried to put humans into that one also. If they succeed then it is an easy step to allow all manor atrocities to occur since it is only being done to a human animal.

"Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy. ” Henry Kissinger.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by zandra

There is no other mammal that has a consciousness. Too many women have a pelvis too small to bare children.
The negative rhesusfactor is a mystery, no other mammal has it ... really I think she 's not so far beneath the truth ...
There once was a time some humans were no mammals .... more than 12.000 years ago. We are the so called gods ... only degenerated by the rules of life on planet earth.

I only have one thing to say to you.

You are as misguided (and wrong) as this posters sisters is.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

None of that changes the fact of the boobies. They are what makes us mammals.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

I've heard that pigs are smarter than dogs.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Sooo, if I was ALL-MAN, I would have no nipples.

Chuck Norris doesn't have nipples.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

True, but neither one can sing. Though my dog does try. As for the pig, he's bacon and pork chops. Granted the pig is smarter but his downfall is he's also great on the BBQ.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Originally posted by abeverage

Can you have her explain to me why men have nipples then? That one really boggles me... That and why God made monkeys with hands, fingers, toes, ears and faces similar to ours, oh and then buried all them dinosaur bones to trick us!

edit on 14-5-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

Men are actually evolving breasts, lol.

I certainly hope so! It will give me something to do in my spare time!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565

Originally posted by abeverage

Can you have her explain to me why men have nipples then? That one really boggles me... That and why God made monkeys with hands, fingers, toes, ears and faces similar to ours, oh and then buried all them dinosaur bones to trick us!

edit on 14-5-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

Men have nipples because all human fetuses begin life as a female. It's a fact look it up.

I am pretty sure it was a cosmic joke from God...that or we evolved them to give us something to do in our spare time.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

When I went to High School (i'm in Canada), there was an Evolution chapter in my Biology/Science class. Same thing in Anthropology in College for me, we went over a Human Evolution Chapter.
edit on 15-5-2013 by VoidFire because: Anthropology missing the h

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidFire

Ah interesting. I do not seem to remember it and i went to all my science classes too.

I mean i remember seeing the Ape to Man, but do not remember any lessons or test questions regarding that.

All i have in my head are Mitosis, Meiosis, Punnet Square etc

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Maybe it's just the way the Education is here in BC, or it may be the books my teachers chose for their classes, but it sure was there, in tests and classes lol.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Even the bloodhound gang will tell you that we are in fact "nothing but mammals" (and I'm guessing many of you just sang the next verse in your head)
I don't know if I want to laugh or cry. If it makes you feel better OP, we all know that one person that, no matter how much proof you show them, won't change what they think to be true....no matter how stupid it is.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join