My sister actually thinks humans aren't mammals

page: 1
7
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Wow, that statement shocked me. I cannot believe she thinks humans aren't mammals. That made me so angry. This shows the stupidity that schools teach. My sister is in her late 20s, and she still thinks the most stupidest things.

I wanted to laugh my head off. She actually thinks evolution isn't real, and when I showed her examples of viruses evolving, she just laughed in a mocking way.

I told her humans are animals, and she once again just laughed in a mocking tone. I showed her many websites stating that humans are mammals, as well as animals, and she just said that the websites are lying.

Then I told her that evolution exists, and she said that it is only a theory, and that it isn't taught in school anymore. That is the most stupidest thing I have ever heard. Since when have schools stopped teaching evolution?

I especially hate when she says humans aren't animals, but rather, "human beings."

How can a person be so ignorant I don't know. It was impossible to prove anything to her since she thinks that if it's not taught in school, apparently, it doesn't exist.

The ignorance of some people.
edit on 15-5-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
That's ok, my mother once said that God is probably a white male.



posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity
 


Can you have her explain to me why men have nipples then? That one really boggles me... That and why God made monkeys with hands, fingers, toes, ears and faces similar to ours, oh and then buried all them dinosaur bones to trick us!

edit on 14-5-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Hahahaha.....well, you tried.
Kinda bad that she is in her late 20's and doesn't know that.....many religious people who don't believe in evolution know that humans are mammals even...

???



posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity
 

Here show her this, it is in simple language

Are humans considered animals?


Well, I wouldn't say all of you dress up! But seriously, are you asking if humans are animals? If so, the answer is yes-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s!!! Scientists describe virtually everything that is alive as animal or plant. So, if you're not a plant then you are an animal! In fact, you are a specific kind of animal called a mammal. Know what you all have in common? Your mothers have breast milk that can feed young; you have hair or fur; and you are born live instead of inside an egg or case! In fact, human mammals are born not only alive -- but kicking and screaming!


kids.discovery.com...



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity
 


Can you have her explain to me why men have nipples then? That one really boggles me... That and why God made monkeys with hands, fingers, toes, ears and faces similar to ours, oh and then buried all them dinosaur bones to trick us!

edit on 14-5-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)


Men have nipples because all human fetuses begin life as a female. It's a fact look it up.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity
 

Here show her this, it is in simple language

Are humans considered animals?


Well, I wouldn't say all of you dress up! But seriously, are you asking if humans are animals? If so, the answer is yes-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s!!! Scientists describe virtually everything that is alive as animal or plant. So, if you're not a plant then you are an animal! In fact, you are a specific kind of animal called a mammal. Know what you all have in common? Your mothers have breast milk that can feed young; you have hair or fur; and you are born live instead of inside an egg or case! In fact, human mammals are born not only alive -- but kicking and screaming!


kids.discovery.com...

She isn't here right now, but I'll try to show her this the next time I see her. She'll probably just say it's a lie, and still say humans aren't mammals.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity
 


If she doesn't believe humans are mammals then what the hell does she think we are? ...


Crazy stuff!



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by billy565
 


Fake. Websites lie. Unless it is taught in school, it's all lies.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity
 


If she doesn't believe humans are mammals then what the hell does she think we are? ...


Crazy stuff!

I suppose she thinks we are the highest beings in the universe, and no one could ever reach our level. Or some other malarkey.
edit on 15-5-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The Bloodhound Gang says otherwise.



So does she wanna do it like they do on The Discovery Channel?



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
No one else posted this video???



I mean the matrix has so many parallels to the world thats been pulled over our eyes(see!).



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity
 


Can you have her explain to me why men have nipples then? That one really boggles me... That and why God made monkeys with hands, fingers, toes, ears and faces similar to ours, oh and then buried all them dinosaur bones to trick us!

edit on 14-5-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)


Men are actually evolving breasts, lol.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity
 


Ask her how it is possible that she can lactate like most other mammals. If that doesn't work, then it's futile to reason with an unreasonable person.

Seriously though, people who naïvely assume humans are the "apex" of life need to be knocked off their pedestal.
edit on 5/15/2013 by Nacirema because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity
 


You seem to have very... interesting... schools.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Rather than trying to prove your points to her, make her prove her points to you. Have her look up 'animal' or 'mammal' in the dictionary and to show proof of how those definitions don't include humans.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Simple easy to understand example of evolution.

The human underbite, skeletons from previous eras when humans didn't use utensils (as recent as few hundred years for the west) Didn't have a natural underbite, their front teeth lined up perfectly.

The advent of the utensil cause the change to having an underbite.

AS an added bonus this change occurred much earlier than that in the east long before the west, because of the east coming up with eating utensils far earlier, human skeletal remains back this up.

Evolution, adaption over time at work.

But some how I doubt your sister would understand even the above.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Humans are primates of the family Hominidae, and the only extant species of the genus Homo...animal like any other animal on the planet, except for we are evil vile creatures with no purpose other than to kill and destroy everything around us.

Its amazing how stupid people have become...she is not the only one, ive had the same argument with people in the past lol



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf
 


Finally something we can agree on.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Simple easy to understand example of evolution.

The human underbite, skeletons from previous eras when humans didn't use utensils (as recent as few hundred years for the west) Didn't have a natural underbite, their front teeth lined up perfectly.

The advent of the utensil cause the change to having an underbite.

AS an added bonus this change occurred much earlier than that in the east long before the west, because of the east coming up with eating utensils far earlier, human skeletal remains back this up.

Evolution, adaption over time at work.

But some how I doubt your sister would understand even the above.

"My school didn't teach me that, so it's not true.
" Which is exactly what she says. She also tries to prove her point by rolling her eyes and completely discarding everything I said.
edit on 15-5-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
7
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join