It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life without Money

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
3NL1GHT3N3D1 inspired this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Everyone knows Money is necessary regardless of who you are... There are people that live without it of course, but one would have to admit that is not a comfortable life... Perhaps it would be to some, but not I...

I as well as most of the people here, am a product of what I've grown used to... I like my computer, I like my games... I like my beer... I like my Piece of S*** car.. etc etc

These are the few pleasures I have in an otherwise painfully boring Life in a box

ATS is my outlet, a source of entertainment, but even that is also connected to the "root of all evil"...

So... This is my question...

How would a world without money exist?

As it stands without money, everything gets shut down... Without money there is no electricity... because there is no one paid to run the facility...

Without money there is no shipments of products... meaning little to no food, clothing, and other fun stuff...

Without money there is no fresh water... Same deal with the electricity... no one would be paid to run the facility...

How do we do it?

Perhaps the members of this wonderful community can find a solution...

And Yes... there is a solution... but I will not release it to the public...

What say you?!?!?!

edit on 14-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
We don't need money, we have mastercard.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Fairly simple to be honest.

Everything is granted for free, just as it should have been since the dawn of time. I wish a world without money, where every being has a roof on top of their head and food on the table at all times. Maybe some day...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Ugh... that's the worst answer...

And how we got in this mess in the first place...

Usury...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Instead of money we use peanuts. He who has the biggest peanut farm shall be the richest man/woman in the world! Plus you can eat currency in a pinch or if you are broke you can grow some more!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Akragon

Instead of money we use peanuts. He who has the biggest peanut farm shall be the richest man/woman in the world! Plus you can eat currency in a pinch or if you are broke you can grow some more!

That's would still be a currency then...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Today, it would be very difficult because we have built our economic system on it; however, ancient man did not use money. They had their leaders and like any good ancient society, necessary jobs would be doled out. People needed things done to survive and they did them. Ok, so they may have had their spats, like modern families do, but still they survived and it was because of cooperation.

I do suppose if we really had one of those shtf scenarios, we would figure it out.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

True, but money doesn't grow on trees they say, but peanuts grow on bushes. Anyone willing to tend a few plants would never have to go broke, and those with a green thumb could barter peanuts for services from those who have the black thumb of death.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

How would a world without money exist?

I'm hoping for this situation...

Tfw.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I would give you some exotic plants, you would give me some exotically spiced meats (for example), your Granny would bake my wedding cake and my friend would mend Granny's roof. Scientific research would be freed from the shackles of corporate greed and judged on its true benefit to as many as possible. Oil would be phased out, alternative forms and sources of energy would proliferate, medicines and hospitals would be free, transportation would still run, factories would still produce, emergency services would still operate and the sun would still shine...

Now, if that's all the problem, then I'll go back to solving more important matters.

edit on 14/5/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

ETA And I now notice another member nailed it already, and more concisely than I did.

edit on 14/5/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I don't think it is possible to be 100% cashless and still enjoy all the things we want. Now i do believe we can can barter skills and our goods to lower our cost of living. I live pretty simple ,but at the same time i have a demographic advantage , i own my own home/ cabin with several acre's in which i can grow, raise and hunt my own food.
Pretty soon i will not be a slave to the electric company and will be using solar to power my house and my toys...computer..air conditioner..ect.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

That's a good point on a number of levels.

Can you imagine the audacity of a company today coming out with a 'card' and calling it the "Master" card?

The "They're chipping my peanuts to track me !!!" people would flip out and implode in a swift pop.

MasterCard. The Only card YOU need..

I have no money. And the things I once swapped money to own, are not going to get me the same amount of money I gave out to get them. Where did the money I have go?

I'll never understand the illusion of money. An enforced system of worth, based on things we'll never touch let alone trade.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
Fairly simple to be honest.

Everything is granted for free, just as it should have been since the dawn of time. I wish a world without money, where every being has a roof on top of their head and food on the table at all times. Maybe some day...

Oooh free. The things you have, I can have now. Free.

Awesome. I'll come over this arvo and collect the flat screen. Can I have the xbox too? Just leave it in a box out the front at 4pm.

Free is good.

I don't get why people who've worked to make things for themselves would give them to me for free. Interesting idea, but we'll have to test it thoroughly.

What sort of car do you have, by the way? I might want that too.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I swear on a box of free bibles that I'm picking up later tonight from Angle, I did not see your peanuts before I implemented by peanut chipping services.

It's going to be one of those coincidental days where I sit there confounded by reality, or allowing the insanity of it all just happen as I watch everyone else get tied up in knots trying to understand it all.. I can tell it is, already.

Oo
edit on 14-5-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Stop by my house on the way and I'll leave you a bushel of free peanuts. Whether or not they have been chipped is for you to discover at your own leisure!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Nah, it's a peanutcy.

Need to use these, if we're going for a currency.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

reply to post by Akragon

I swear on a box of free bibles that I'm picking up later tonight from Angle, I did not see your peanuts before I implemented by peanut chipping services.

It's going to be one of those coincidental days where I sit there confounded by reality, or allowing the insanity of it all just happen as I watch everyone else get tied up in knots trying to understand it all.. I can tell it is, already.

Oo

Or you discover that what you were told were bibles were actually upside-down, back-to-front Chinese Braille bibles, with half the pages missing. Yeah man, total bummer. Or maybe it contains a lost lost Seinfeld script. It would probably be as funny. Double bummer dude!
edit on 14/5/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: Quoted for readability

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

True, but money doesn't grow on trees they say, but peanuts grow on bushes. Anyone willing to tend a few plants would never have to go broke, and those with a green thumb could barter peanuts for services from those who have the black thumb of death.

But then the peanut barron comes along and gives the struggling peanut farmers a big wheel barrow full of peanuts, and takes their land for it. He hoards all the peanut lands and then says that peanuts are now worth 2 cows a bag. As opposed to the half a sheep and a kitten they were worth only yesterday.

Suddenly you're stuck with ha;f a peanut, no cow, not cats and half a sheep that's doing you no good.

not only that, but some mongrel has snuck in and nicked your peanut seeds.

Then we have the peanut protests, claiming that the 1% (1 pernuts) unsalted boys have all the peanuts and we're left with part peanuts and expected to pay the peanut farms 2 cows..

And it's not a federal offence to eat your peanuts.

And did I mention they're now chipping your peanuts, to track you?

Oo

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Originally posted by winofiend

reply to post by Akragon

Oo

Or you discover that what you were told were bibles were actually upside-down, back-to-front Chinese Braille bibles, with half the pages missing. Yeah man, total bummer. Or maybe it contains a lost lost Seinfeld script. It would probably be as funny. Double bummer dude!
edit on 14/5/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: Quoted for readability

With Seinfeld it is easier to witness the miracles. Usually at 3:30 am on channel 9, but we can witness it.

Praise kramer.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Ah, sorry brother, I can only say I am member of an Order that tries to inflict great voodoo harm on Seinfeld and his co-conspirators. Dolls and pins and candles and wax, drumsticks too, the chicken variety. He is the unholy god of sitcom weirdness and unfunny humor....

thy Kingdom come, thy world be done...hallowed be thy name. Forgive us our Seinfelds and help us to forgive those who Seinfeld against us, Amen.

"Light the cleansing Fire....!"
edit on 14/5/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: Corrected

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join