It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: At least dozen people shot at Mother's Day second line

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
we can respect your opinions but we do not have to honor them or even give them any real thought. Guns are in our constitution. Ive used them for hunting,and defense and would likely been dead if i had not had one. A Gun is a tool. it does not want to do anything because its a in-animate object. Criminals almost never buy a gun legally because really using a gun that is registered and serial numbered with its striations on record is a really stupid move right?

You who are not residents of the US who want to see us without Guns have no ground to stand on really because your fellow countrymen gave up your rights to own any firearm you wished to have for the promise of protection. HEre is what we do not understand. Why do you think your society is so perfect that no guns are needed by anyone in it?.IF you really believe in no guns disband your militaries and declare a end to guns .

Really If you live in a country that does not allow you the freedom to have a weapon to defend yourselves immigrate to the US.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

oh they dont? ever heard of operation north woods? of operation gladio? all of these are declassified US govt documents that are still methods of our govt, which include shootings, and bombings that they use to blame whoever they deem an enemy...and the rabbit hole goes deeper,

now do i think this shooting was a govt op? probably not, but they still may try to spin it as a reason to take guns away, when the truth is they ignore the hundreds of other gang related shootings every year...why? because they also are in charge of the very drug trade they have a war on...they look at it as the cost of business...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
we can respect your opinions but we do not have to honor them or even give them any real thought. Guns are in our constitution. Ive used them for hunting,and defense and would likely been dead if i had not had one. A Gun is a tool. it does not want to do anything because its a in-animate object. Criminals almost never buy a gun legally because really using a gun that is registered and serial numbered with its striations on record is a really stupid move right?

You who are not residents of the US who want to see us without Guns have no ground to stand on really because your fellow countrymen gave up your rights to own any firearm you wished to have for the promise of protection. HEre is what we do not understand. Why do you think your society is so perfect that no guns are needed by anyone in it?.IF you really believe in no guns disband your militaries and declare a end to guns .

Really If you live in a country that does not allow you the freedom to have a weapon to defend yourselves immigrate to the US.

Yes, you would've likely been dead, as it's in the constitution that you (among others, mind) have a right to bear arms.

If no one had this right, maybe you wouldn't likely be dead without your ol' six shooter.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1
reply to post by fairguy

oh they dont? ever heard of operation north woods? of operation gladio? all of these are declassified US govt documents that are still methods of our govt, which include shootings, and bombings that they use to blame whoever they deem an enemy...and the rabbit hole goes deeper,

now do i think this shooting was a govt op? probably not, but they still may try to spin it as a reason to take guns away, when the truth is they ignore the hundreds of other gang related shootings every year...why? because they also are in charge of the very drug trade they have a war on...they look at it as the cost of business...

Now, you know as well as I do that these operations you mentioned are on a far, FAR greater scale than this latest tragedy. Yes they do these things, no they don't stop at just a dozen people.

I think to be honest you thought I would never have heard of those... And could then have fabricated your own results.

You think I don't know how bad governments can be? I currently live under a government which not one person who I've spoken to voted for. I know how corrupt these people are. That doesn't make what you said any different, the government do not pull off such low scale tragedies as this one.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS: A gun has shot more people.

Why not skip all of the arguments and get right to the point?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
And if you are a foreigner speaking on American policy, I ain't even hearing it.
Your arguments are falling on the majority of 350,000,000 pairs of ears that don't give a ISH about what you think of our way of life.
Period.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

and obviously you dont really read the posts you are responding to, because if you did, you would acknowledge the answers and respond in kind instead of avoiding the pertinent points...or cherry picking and responding only to what you want to...

i also said it was not a govt op, but, they dont like to waste a crisis, any crisis, and will play up whatever they think will help their agenda, even if it is small...but the thing that boggles me is the inconsistency of it...they ignore all year the other mass shootings that are gang related, but pick this one out? i know its mothers day, but jeesh...its already making national news like it was sandy hook all over again...

edit on 12-5-2013 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
And if you are a foreigner speaking on American policy, I ain't even hearing it.
Your arguments are falling on the majority of 350,000,000 pairs of ears that don't give a ISH about what you think of our way of life.
Period.

That's ok. ATS is an international forum and he can speak his mind regardless

Looks like One V.S about twenty five (on this thread)

I'm going for the out-gunned guy

Throws Fairguy an unloaded Colt 45 oops!

edit on 12-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Period.

This wouldn't be the same as all the foreigners I had to listen to, be berated and insulted by who said that Margaret Thatcher was a great woman?
A lot of countries listen to what people from the US has to say, hell, mine puts America before itself.

Why should you be able to comment on every other thing going on in the world, but we can't comment on this one issue?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

reply to post by fairguy

and obviously you dont really read the posts you are responding to, because if you did, you would acknowledge the answers and respond in kind instead of avoiding the pertinent points...or cherry picking and responding only to what you want to...

i also said it was not a govt op, but, they dont like to waste a crisis, any crisis, and will play up whatever they think will help their agenda, even if it is small...but the thing that boggles me is the inconsistency of it...they ignore all year the other mass shootings that are gang related, but pick this one out? i know its mothers day, but jeesh...its already making national news like it was sandy hook all over again...

edit on 12-5-2013 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

Why obviously? I am replying to about 20 different people here all spouting the same drivel!

If I missed a point that you would like me to address, please, show it to me.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Such a tragedy for a special day, it made me think back to that Mother's Day bus crash in New Orleans several years ago.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

You are certainly free to comment on it all you want.
What I am saying is that your comments fall on deaf ears.

You know what is happening through all this??
Americans are buying MORE GUNS AND AMMO!
Why? Because most people really DO see the play here. They know the Gov is coming for their weapons and they are arming themselves.
The actions and motives of this Government are transparent.

This is what you don't understand in this issue. The 2nd amendment was placed here in case THIS HAPPENS. Americans understand this and WILL defend it.

Thats why we turned you Brits back with no Navy, inferior fire power, and freakin' pitchforks, amongst other things.

We fight tyranny. Period.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

and you prove my point...skimming and drive by responses...

and why dont you get to have a say in US politics? simple...you dont live here...

if you did, then you would have a voice in this country...

its fine to post your opinion, but when it comes to policy changes, or the revocation of rights, it really doesn't have any weight...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

reply to post by fairguy

We fight tyranny. Period.

Well, good luck with that!

Don't get me wrong I'm all for people standing up, but in this case it seems extremely foolish, and very repetitive.

Also the fact that you tell me that my comments fall on deaf ears, only serves to prove that you won't listen to anything, that anyone has to say. Sensible or otherwise.
edit on 12-5-2013 by fairguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

reply to post by fairguy

and you prove my point...skimming and drive by responses...

and why dont you get to have a say in US politics? simple...you dont live here...

if you did, then you would have a voice in this country...

its fine to post your opinion, but when it comes to policy changes, or the revocation of rights, it really doesn't have any weight...

Again, what?

I ASKED you to POINT OUT what I'd missed, but you already knew that, and of course failed to point anything out. Even though I only typed two lines and that's what one of them said.

edit on 12-5-2013 by fairguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Ok well the guy doesn't look like someone that can "endure" pain. Yes people can endure pain but someone like a reporter i doubt could endure a shot to the leg.

WT Actual F, are you serious? Describe what a "man" who can handle pain looks like! Is it the tattoos that make a man capable of handling pain? the ripped jeans maybe? how about the leather vest? I know! It is their bald head that signifies a 'real man' who can handle pain.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Destinyone

I can't find any coverage of this horrible event on any of the major networks

Here you go...

www.cnn.com...

usnews.nbcnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Thanks for the links.
But I dont think thats the point.
Why isnt it on all the MSM TV stations?
12 injured,and 3 people on the loose? Think it would be big news.
In Boston,3 people died and the suspects were on the loose,and it was covered by all the MSM channels for days.
Guess people getting shot in New Orleans is business as usual.

It would be big news if it was a bomb, there is no National Bomb Association looking out for the "rights" of the bomb owners of America, can't say the same for firearms though.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I've noticed over the years every horrible thing done to us has always been under the guise of good. That's how it works. A little at a time. So, no thank you to any form of gun control. Only idealist seem to want to overlook humanity's instinctive tendency to take advantage of something that can't defend itself.

And if I wanted to do anything at all to improve the world I'd try to raise the consciousness of humanity. To know, to be aware. For instance shootings have been happening all along. Horrible # going down every single day. But people want to throw in their 2 cents like they know something just because it's now making its rounds in headline news. Beware people that have their ADD consciousness handed to them via headline news.

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
another mass shooting in the U.S.

the U.S. is a horrible violent country.

it embraces violence. it is a society that believes an answer can be found with a GUN,

why should ANYONE care ANYMORE,

the president of the U.S. tried to improve gun control, tried to bring in a few small changes. didn't want to take guns off people but just wanted to put more controls in place and maybe stop a few people who shouldn't have guns getting them, he was told NO.

so why should anyone give a damn what happens in the horrible sick violent country anymore that thinks everyone else is wrong and they are right.

had enough listening to all the poor people getting shot up in the U.S.

when the U.S. society doesn't care enough about itself, why the hell should anyone else?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hey they should ban guns because the guns are nut cases not the people.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
reply to post by Computron

What's kinda frustrating is this:

In the face of it all...The government isn't trying to take all your guns.
Just a few particularly "nasty ones"

But....That just went in one ear and out the other...didn't it?
lol

didn't it?

yup. It did.

Carry on.

You do realize the "nasty ones" they are trying to ban, are the common ones used in house holds right? The AR, the AK. It's hard to find someone without those two types. So while it's a "select few" choices of rifles, its the MAJORITY owned type of rifle. But.... That just goes in one ear, and out the other....CONSISTENTLY....Doesnt it?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join