It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: At least dozen people shot at Mother's Day second line

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thank god for guns, right?

I mean,look how many people were able to defend themselves with all those semi-automatic weapons they had stockpiled.

17 people injured in mass shooting.. in no way are guns in society responsible, right?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Computron
reply to post by fairguy

Ask the britons who've been stabbed since the outlaw if they want their guns back.

I have, and we don't.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Today whole nations have fallen into slavery in front of empires straw leaders who believe as eternal and smart as Caesars or Pharoes.In the morning they wake up and look in the mirror and admire themselves or maybe because they were waiting to be admired.The Colluseum and blood thirsty crowds waiting eagerly for human sacrifice.
Cesar think "what can I give them today. Lions are fed already and there are many slaves" and still sacrifice must be made!For their power to be eternal ... eternal .. as pharaohs coffins.

Arena is full and the show begins the servants of the emperor fill the gold cup with red wine as the blood that will be spilled.
Delirious crowd applaud the entry of slaves in the arena in chains powerless and defenseless and which can only pray a prayer that no one can take from them.
The drug of the crowds is their lives hanging in balance in the eyes without sight of beasts without thinking like today it is the balance of power that is hanging in the hands of modern Pharoes and Cesars to offer them the modern drug which is'money'to those who stand in their benches of this modern Colluseum.

source...www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
American citizen + gun = potential disaster and mayhem & loss of life & heartache for others.......

American gun control + gun ownership = pointless

American attitude + guns = dumb

Land of the free and right to bear arms ---- TOO many MAD bastards in USA for that to work

America and gun ownership - never going to be a good idea....

But it's our right... Our riiiiiiiight! Waaaaaah! Maybe all those pesky britons would understand if their government would just let them start shooting each other!

American citizen + gun = Self defense & protection

American attitude + guns = Varies per individual

Land of the free and right to bear arms ---A place and a right as an American citizen

America and gun ownership - Is allowed

How bout this one.....

American citizen + gun = The birth of America,and the reason the British dont control us.
Something about that pesky 1776.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
American citizen + gun = potential disaster and mayhem & loss of life & heartache for others.......

American gun control + gun ownership = pointless

American attitude + guns = dumb

Land of the free and right to bear arms ---- TOO many MAD bastards in USA for that to work

America and gun ownership - never going to be a good idea....

But it's our right... Our riiiiiiiight! Waaaaaah! Maybe all those pesky britons would understand if their government would just let them start shooting each other!

American citizen + gun = Self defense & protection

American attitude + guns = Varies per individual

Land of the free and right to bear arms ---A place and a right as an American citizen

America and gun ownership - Is allowed

How bout this one.....

American citizen + gun = The birth of America,and the reason the British dont control us.
Something about that pesky 1776.

And what do you need to self defend yourself from?

Guns.

It's like a never ending roundabout of "they have a gun so I need a gun because they have a gun that I might need to protect myself from..."

Never. Ending.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

12 injured,and 3 people on the loose? Think it would be big news.

It probably would have been except there was another little story from Cleveland that is providing the big news right now.

In Boston,3 people died and the suspects were on the loose,and it was covered by all the MSM channels for days.

Now they already had the news crews at the Boston Marathon, so of course there would be coverage while they hunted the suspects.

Guess people getting shot in New Orleans is business as usual.

Well it isn't that far from being true....

New Orleans now has the highest per capita murder rate in the country. Most of the killings are concentrated in the city's poorest neighborhoods — places like Central City, just a few blocks north of the stately mansions that line St. Charles Avenue.

www.npr.org...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

So you've asked everyone who lives there? Or you asked your friends who have similar views to you? I also know the first is impossible for you to have done since I just asked. Also I noticed you completely skipped my responce to your "joke" yet you responded to the other guy/gals. Did I actually have reasons you couldnt mock?

edit on 12-5-2013 by Computron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

'Its not Guns that kill people'

edit on 12-5-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

reply to post by fairguy

So you've asked everyone who lives there? Or you asked your friends who have similar views to you? I also know the first is impossible for you to have done since I just asked.

Well on the other side, have you asked everyone in the US what they think of it? All 300+ million of the populace?

Of course you haven't. And neither have I.

What a silly question.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
How soon the Brits forget

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

"And what do you need to self defend yourself from?"

Crazy people,with knives,bats,or GUNS(illegaly obtained)
People trying to rob you,in a parking lot,or in your house.

Not everyone is a ninja and can fight a criminal off,and good luck on the police responding in time to save you.
Normal people with guns dont go out and massacre people.
Crazy people do,and they will always find a way to get guns.
They get guns in Mexico,and the U.K,where it should be harder to do.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Well, my stance has been majority agreed upon for the past 300 years, and I asked you to see what the victims of being stabbed since your ban has taken place would say. You responded snarkly, like you knew what you were talking about when really you dont. Im almost 100% sure those who were stabbed would agree with me. Though I guess I dont understand, because Im a savage bloodthirsty american.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthings

Do you realise how old that is? And that we are now in the year 2013?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

reply to post by fairguy

Well, my stance has been majority agreed upon for the past 300 years, and I asked you to see what the victims of being stabbed since your ban has taken place would say. You responded snarkly, like you knew what you were talking about when really you dont. Im almost 100% sure those who were stabbed would agree with me. Though I guess I dont understand, because Im a savage bloodthirsty american.

What?

I wouldn't be so 100% sure of that theory. Infact if I were you I would be 100% unsure of it!
If britons wanted guns to be legal, they would be legal. Or atleast there would be some movement in place to secure it.

Alas, there is nothing of the sort, because we choose not to shoot at anything which could potentially be a threat.

Yes there are people here who have managed to acquire them illegally, but they are in the vast minority, and will never have the option of legally purchasing a firearm in the UK.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

So we should forget our armed citizens sent your unarmed citizens guns. There's no lesson in that, jolly good then

edit on 12-5-2013 by ancientthings because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

second amendment was ratified when squirrel guns were the norm...

Apparently guns have come a long way. It's kinda silly. But don't say anything as you may hurt the patriotic folks feelings to the core here on ATS

edit on 12-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

So we should forget our armed citizens sent your unarmed citizens guns. There's no lesson in that, jolly good then

I'm not saying you should forget it at all, I'm saying you should treat it as history. Because it is history.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I'm not saying you should forget it at all, I'm saying you should treat it as history. Because it is history.

And history never repeats then I'm taking as your view

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

And history never repeats then I'm taking as your view

Of course it does, what kind of world would we be living in if the same thing couldn't happen twice????

Would you only like to sleep with one person, one time?

Would you like to only eat one meal, ever?

Would you like to... You get the gist.

In this case however I can almost guarantee you that history will not repeat itself.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Well before this all gets into "OH AMERICA IS SO VIOLENT, TAKE AWAY THEIR GUNS" lets get some details about the incident first.

Just a week earlier in that area, there was a triple shooting....so it has to be asked.....was this gang related?

oh yea!

because if its gang related its doesn't matter. its not real people.

i am afraid the epidemic and obsession with guns is effecting your ability to think straight.
edit on 12-5-2013 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

No, it means your typical liberal "BAN GUNS - STOP ALL THIS" rhetoric is meaningless. Do you think these gangbangers care if guns are illegal. (and no I have zero sympathy to gang members - and if this shooting is gang related and they catch the perps, lock them up and throw away the key)

and save your ad hominen to yourself.

reply to post by fairguy

Ask the britons who've been stabbed since the outlaw if they want their guns back.

I have, and we don't.

Every time one of these events take place, the usual "ban the gun" crowd come out of hiding.....with the attitude they have the popular opinion, or anyone who disagrees has something wrong with them. Trying to fool others into thinking what they say is fact, but to be fair it is just in their dreams.
edit on 12-5-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join