It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: At least dozen people shot at Mother's Day second line

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter

Originally posted by Brocade

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
In response to those saying no one in America needs a gun:

I need mine to protect my family from crazy people with guns.

I also need mine so I can lay a bloody deer carcass on my kitchen table, to cut up in to steaks to feed my family that I am protecting with that same gun.

That is my reason to own a gun. And it's a watertight reason. Because it is a simple and pure reason.
edit on 5/12/2013 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

You don't need a gun to feed your family, you choose to use one to do so. Very far from being 'a watertight reason'.

I don't live in or near a city. And considering the nearest supermarket is Walmart and they sell meat laced with red dye and other chemicals..YES I NEED A GUN TO FEED MY FAMILY. Not all of America is urbanized my friend. In a lot of areas, the need for guns to kill FOR FOOD is still a way of daily life. The sooner these "city slickers" realize this, the sooner there can be a clearer understanding of the basic need for shotguns and/or rifles.

I do not "choose" to use or own a gun. There is no choice. It is a necessity.

Watertight point/reason confirmed.

ETA:
And you will also find that the majority of NRA members, are in fact, rural living people that keep guns for the EXACT same reason that I do.
edit on 5/13/2013 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/13/2013 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

No, you do not need to use a gun to feed your family, you choose to.

I'm sure you own a freezer, fill it with produce from farmers markets or other ethical suppliers. The choice isn't just 'guns or Walmart'. You choose to use a gun to feed your family. I'm not necessarily saying that's not a legitimate choice, but it is a choice and to deny that doesn't reflect well on your argument.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

more likely the second suggestion because the alphabet set has bought up a;; ammo. ammo has been almost impossible to find for months because homeland, irs noa and a bunch of gov agencies havee been bogarting all supplies. seriously why does n.p.a. the weather service need any ammo especially 40 cal ,9mm, and 5.56.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Apparently...a Reminder is Needed....AGAIN!

This is the topic

BREAKING: At least dozen people shot at Mother's Day second line

Let's not further derail this thread with a lot of unrelated, unnecessary comments better suited to other threads and u2u....
Going forwards...they will be removed.
Posting Bans are a possibility.

You are responsible for your own posts.

[temporarily closed....]

edit on Tue May 14 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join