It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: At least dozen people shot at Mother's Day second line

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Well, the more I argue with you the more I go against my saying "everyone is different, and to respect others opinions." I grew up with a respect and understanding of guns, and their dangers. You have a fear of them, or people with them other than the govt. Who by far kills more than civillians, but thats a different story.... Though Im the dangerous one, who needs controlling. Im done arguing with you sir. You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. Good day.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Computron
reply to post by fairguy

Well, the more I argue with you the more I go against my saying "everyone is different, and to respect others opinions." I grew up with a respect and understanding of guns, and their dangers. You have a fear of them, or people with them other than the govt. Who by far kills more than civillians, but thats a different story.... Though Im the dangerous one, who needs controlling. Im done arguing with you sir. You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. Good day.

Where did I ever say any of that?

I fear guns? You need controlling??

You grew up with guns, good for you. That doesn't mean that everyone in your blessed country did. You don't fear guns? Neither do I, but I do know that in a country where these are legally available to buy that they could very, very easily fall into the wrong hands.

But, of course, you have a right. As do others. The right to free speech...

The very mentality that more guns will solve the gun problem in the US truly, truly baffles me.

How do you add this up? Is it really about "self defense" or is it more about giving a big middle finger to the government because they want to take your toys away?

You also speak of the people who've been stabbed in the UK. If I go out, right now, and get stabbed but am lucky enough to have a knife on me
Does this mean that justice has been served in the average Americans eyes simply because I have managed to stab my attacker back?

Replace stabbing with shooting, and knife with gun, and watch things escalate quickly.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
And let the ridiculous conspiracy theories start.
And make no mistake - they will...

I hope these folks are ok (the ones who got hurt) and I hope we catch the %@*%@#'s who did this.

Yea, because we all know you should never question anything and always believe whatever someone tells you right?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy
And what do you need to self defend yourself from?

Guns.

It's like a never ending roundabout of "they have a gun so I need a gun because they have a gun that I might need to protect myself from..."

Never. Ending.

nope sherlock, its not guns we need defending from, but tyranny, and tyrants having guns also...since they do, and they wont give theirs up, then why should we?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I want to say, "unbelievable", but really, lately... I'm not surprised. And there is something very wrong with that...

I used to think, "thank God I live in the Good ol' US-of-A" when I would hear horror stories of innocents being mowed down by the handfuls on foreign soil... Nowadays - not so much. It does not change the way that I live my day to day life, I REFUSE to be scared. But sad, I'm so sad. And angry. And disgusted. And, and, and...

Maybe it's something in the water...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1

Guns.

It's like a never ending roundabout of "they have a gun so I need a gun because they have a gun that I might need to protect myself from..."

Never. Ending.

nope sherlock, its not guns we need defending from, but tyranny, and tyrants having guns also...since they do, and they wont give theirs up, then why should we?

Because "they" dont go out into populated areas and open fire on innocent members of the public! Maybe?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Guns.

Never. Ending.

Also are you honestly saying that if "the tyrants" gave up their right to bear arms that you and your fellow americans would follow suit? Would you like that, Sherlock?

I really don't see that happening... Maybe that is why "they" want to keep their guns too... Or maybe it is just the reason I stated in the post above.
edit on 12-5-2013 by fairguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

You grew up with guns, good for you. That doesn't mean that everyone in your blessed country did. You don't fear guns? Neither do I, but I do know that in a country where these are legally available to buy that they could very, very easily fall into the wrong hands.

The very mentality that more guns will solve the gun problem in the US truly, truly baffles me.

How do you add this up? Is it really about "self defense" or is it more about giving a big middle finger to the government because they want to take your toys away?

You also speak of the people who've been stabbed in the UK. If I go out, right now, and get stabbed but am lucky enough to have a knife on me
Does this mean that justice has been served in the average Americans eyes simply because I have managed to stab my attacker back?

Replace stabbing with shooting, and knife with gun, and watch things escalate quickly.

LMAO, wow you cant let it go can you? You deny the stats that more do good with guns than bad, You say guns need to be controlled, well I own one, so arent you saying I need to be controlled? Even if it didnt come directly out your mouth, you are inferring that with your word choice. Its not a whole self defense finger to the man, its more of something I grew up with that I love to use, and you feel I shouldnt be able to. Well cause you feel I shouldnt be able to. Im done arguing with you like I said before. Any post next is your wasted energy. I advise you do something else with what the universe has given you.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Computron

LMAO, wow you cant let it go can you? You deny the stats that more do good with guns than bad, You say guns need to be controlled, well I own one, so arent you saying I need to be controlled? Even if it didnt come directly out your mouth, you are inferring that with your word choice. Its not a whole self defense finger to the man, its more of something I grew up with that I love to use, and you feel I shouldnt be able to. Well cause you feel I shouldnt be able to. Im done arguing with you like I said before. Any post next is your wasted energy. I advise you do something else with what the universe has given you.

There are so many excuses for people wanting to own these things but not one of them are watertight.

You say it's because you love using it. I can't dig that but whatever floats your boat.
Someone just two posts above said it's because "the tyrants" won't give their arms up so why should we.
Some many other people have stated simply "it's my right".

So, which is it? Get some consistency in your reasonings, you are after all defending a tool which could effectively take someone off the planet, and in my opinion that should require a much more solid reason than simply "it is my right to do so".
edit on 12-5-2013 by fairguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

DOES NO ONE FIND THIS CURIOUS?????

At the most crucial time in our history concerning gun laws EVERY crazy person with a gun decides it's time to shoot someone??? OMG wake up people. This is getting so ridiculous. PEOPLE ARE NOT THIS DUMB.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Different people have different reasons to own one. Some use them for competition, some collect them for historical value, some hunt, some are only interested in self defense, whether from another person or against government,

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Computron

What's kinda frustrating is this:

In the face of it all...The government isn't trying to take all your guns.
Just a few particularly "nasty ones"

But....That just went in one ear and out the other...didn't it?
lol

didn't it?

yup. It did.

Carry on.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

It doesn't matter the reason you sheep.
We have the right to own something to protect ourselves and our familes.

Out of all the gun violations out there only something like 18% are with LEGAL GUNS.

Criminals do not go and buy weapons the legal way, they will still have them. The only difference when Obama is done with us is that the good guys won't have guns.

If you don't like the constitution then take your butt back to England.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeyesandmind
reply to post by canucks555

PEOPLE ARE NOT THIS DUMB.

On the contrary my dear boy, people are wondering why there are mass shootings, while at the same time DEFENDING THE RIGHT TO LEGALLY PURCHASE A GUN!

Nah, people are not this dumb.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeyesandmind
reply to post by fairguy

It doesn't matter the reason you sheep.
We have the right to own something to protect ourselves and our familes.

Out of all the gun violations out there only something like 18% are with LEGAL GUNS.

Criminals do not go and buy weapons the legal way, they will still have them. The only difference when Obama is done with us is that the good guys won't have guns.

If you don't like the constitution then take your butt back to England.

Sheep? Thanks for that.

By the way I'm in Scotland, you know that place north of Britain? And I'm not a great fan of England really, don't mind the place, just not for me.

Oh wait, you instantly think the constitution applies to all... Yet I'm the sheep...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
My friend told me yesterday that she was going to this parade, and I didn't think too much of it. Just found out she was right there at the scene of the shooting.

Apparently she was standing next to a nun, who ended up getting hit.
She tried to keep the lady calm, applied pressure to the wound to keep her from bleeding out.

Fortunately she is extremely level-headed and good in a crisis, but is understandably traumatized and doesn't wasn't to talk about what all she saw.

For whatever my word may be worth, these were not actors in a staged event, so we can go ahead and drop that kind of talk. Just a senseless tragedy in a violent city caused by uncaring idiots.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

no i am not saying that, dont twist my words...i am saying since they never will give up their guns, then it is the most valid reason for the citizen to be armed...

these ideas came from the magna carta, but the problem with the magna carta is a loophole was written into it that allowed the govt to take guns away...our constitution eliminated that loophole, and made sure that "shall not be infringed" was in the language, but in Britain they had a disclaimer that says that citizens "may have arms for their defense suitable to their conditions (or standing) and as allowed by law"... so it was conditional on status or the will of the government...this is why england lost their right to bear arms and we will not...

the problem is, sir, that your laws will never work here, because they are not our laws...and that is why we dissolved our ties to the crown...
edit on 12-5-2013 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

reply to post by fairguy

no i am not saying that, dont twist my words...i am saying since they never will give up there guns, then it is the most valid reason for the citizen to be armed...

these ideas came from the magna carta, but the problem with the magna carta is a loophole was written into it that allowed the govt to take guns away...our constitution eliminated that loophole, and made sure that "shall not be infringed" was in the language, but in Britain they had a disclaimer that says that citizens "may have arms for their defense suitable to their conditions (or standing) and as allowed by law"... so it was conditional on status or the will of the government...this is why england lost their right to bear arms and we will not...

the problem is, sir, that your laws will never work here, because they are not our laws...and that is why we dissolved our ties to the crown...

I didn't twist your words I asked you a question!

If it was announced tomorrow that "they", "the tyrants", "them bad guys who can afford better guns than you" were putting all their firearms into a foundry to be melted down, would you follow suit?

'Cause you said your reason for owning a firearm was because "they" have them.

So if "they" didn't have them, why should you want to?

Hardly any twisting of words there.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Here's the thing. The effing media needs to stop blowing these damn stories up.
Long ago the coppers realised that when you put serial killings on the front page of the newspapers it creates copycat killings.
How is a mass shooting any different than a serial killing spree?? It is NO DIFFERENT!

Get the scumbag acts off the news and you won't have every disgruntaled eff stick with a xanax prescription aiming for "the record."
Instead they will have to learn to cope with the social anxiety, mommy issues and depression like the rest of us Americans. With booze.

Sorry to make light of a situation like this, but by God I am right.
This isn't about guns. This is about crazy effs wanting to top the last crazy eff who was just all over the goddamned news for a month because the coward blew a damn bomb at a crowded event.

You don't think the Government looks at this, smiles, and says, "all is going as planned?" If not, you are a damned fool.

Who dropped the Intel that the "bad guys" (Al Qaeda) would begin to target the very places we are seeing these crazies attack??! The government. They are also pushing gun control. Handy coincidence.

If these idiots had any moral compass at all, they would make it a HIGH CRIME to sensationalize the behavior of lunatics. It only increases the likelihood that other lunatics will follow suit. This is proven and it is disgusting.

The news outlets even recognize this!
After the Sandy Hook incident one of those tools from Fox News said, "we understand that reporting on this may be a part of the problem, but this is news...so we are bringing it to you."

WTF??!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join