It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 day Challenge to Atheists - Confirm your Skepticism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I hear many bold words against God in this forum. I have a simple 30 day challenge to anyone who claims that God does not exist. God's word clearly says we cannot test him. He will not turn the sky green or come to you in the form of a visible image. He will not speak to you in words of English or other languages. What God will do is demonstrate Himself to anyone who seeks. Each of us has a free will. We cannot test God, but there is something we CAN do.

It's simple. Ask God to test you. Within the next 30 days, simply report back here with the events of your life. I will warn you, however. If you think God is not real, do not blame me for what he shows you as evidence for his power. If you are confident he does not exist, be ready to see how you are in error.

If you take the challenge, I offer some words of wisdom. Two weeks ago, my latest request for God to test me took place. I occasionally ask God to test my me, fully knowing that at the end of the test, I am a better person from the experience. This latest test was profound and I cannot go into the details. What I can offer is a path through the testing period. Here it is.

1) Ask for a test
2) Watch for novelty events in your life (Things that do not normally happen).
3) Do not doubt. Keep your own words few and remain grounded in the knowledge that God will pull you through.
4) Leave room for God to operate. Trying to solve the problem yourself will not end well. Leave room for God.
5) Pray each moment that God fights your battle. Surrender to the process and allow God to show you the end as better than the beginning.
6) When the test is over, evaluate your own defect that caused the problem. Learn and grow from the experience.

Why would you do this? Simple. You want proof that God is there. You can have it if you dare.

Be warned. A test is not pleasant. You can set parameters. If you ask for a test, ensure that you also ask for potential outcomes to be avoided. As the trial begins, pray for God to reveal himself to you. Your evidence will be appear and no amount of skepticism will be able to reason it away. God is good and he can move you from doubt to faith. Simply seek.

edit on 11-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

+62 more 
posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
So let me get this straight, you want us to practice self-deception and extreme superstition until something clicks? No thanks, that's what made me find religion to be idiotic in the first place.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Before I accept the challenge didn't God in the bible prove himself in different ways. A good example is the story of Elijah with the fire from heaven.

Anyway, I would accept the test. It's only thirty days from the time I press "submit". Thankfully I have a good memory and will hopefully report back with many good updates. But to be honest I doubt anything will happen that will make me believe in God or something of that nature. We see life in totally different ways. But, hey! it's a test.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yeah, I remember this challenge from my days as a xtian.
This is no evidence of "God" at all. By doing this, you are merely testing yourself. No deity needed.

Gideon. There was a real test.

+8 more 
posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
How would I know that it was God testing me or just another stumbling block in life? I mean, I come across those nearly every day anyway, even without asking for a test.

Example:

Yesterday (after about 2 months of healing from a back injury and also having a history of knee issues), I had a WONDERFUL day because I was relatively free of pain and was able to do many errands throughout the day. I even mentioned to my husband how great it felt to be mobile and in control of my body again.

This morning, when I got out of bed, a terrible pain slammed through my left knee and I can barely walk. This is not the same pain I've had before in my knees, it's a "new" pain. Deeper and much more intense.

If something like this happened AFTER I asked God for a test, how could I possibly know it was actually a test from him?

And finally, isn't "asking for a test" from God really just another way of testing him?

+13 more 
posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
I hear many bold words against God in this forum. I have a simple 30 day challenge to anyone who claims that God does not exist.

Atheism is the absence of belief. It is the religious who made the claim for gods existence in the first place, ergo the burden of proof has squarely been on you guys for millennia... yet none from your flock has yet proved the existence of your god.

Your test is ridiculous, an insult to our intelligence and a complete waste of time for any atheist.

IRM

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
So let me get this straight, you want us to practice self-deception and extreme superstition until something clicks? No thanks, that's what made me find religion to be idiotic in the first place.

No. Just ask for a test from God. If he is real, you will receive your test. If not, you can go on with your life as usual and nothing will happen.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'm not an Atheist, nor am I a Christian or any other "religion", but I don't believe in pushing a "GOD" on ANYONE. Because as simple as it is, there is no "one holy God" up beyond the clouds guiding our moves. "God" or what I like to call "the Source Field" is everywhere, in everything, and we all have the power but we give it up to some false "God" that's shoved down our throats and we're shunned if we don't believe.

Some people have this connective spark and some are merely born as spark-less vessels. And as sad as that may sound, not everybody is going to be born to this planet with the ability to feel that Source Field.

Quit trying to rise something out of people that may simply, just not be there.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

Before I accept the challenge didn't God in the bible prove himself in different ways. A good example is the story of Elijah with the fire from heaven.

Anyway, I would accept the test. It's only thirty days from the time I press "submit". Thankfully I have a good memory and will hopefully report back with many good updates. But to be honest I doubt anything will happen that will make me believe in God or something of that nature. We see life in totally different ways. But, hey! it's a test.

Good luck. You have good courage. Let me know if you need anything over the next 30 days.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to [url= by EnochWasRight[/url]

1) Ask for a test

This assumes that a god already exists to begin with...

2) Watch for novelty events in your life (Things that do not normally happen).

Do you mean events such as a god appearing before you (with all the extras, fire brimstone etc), or things such as a mundane coincidence?

3) Do not doubt. Keep your own words few and remain grounded in the knowledge that God will pull you through.

...........don't think just believe.........really?

4) Leave room for God to operate. Trying to solve the problem yourself will not end well. Leave room for God.

Terrible advice that i'm sure you yourself don't follow. It would leave a lot of people in a lot of trouble....

5) Pray each moment that God fights your battle. Surrender to the process and allow God to show you the end as better than the beginning.

Sounds like you mean 'surrender your responsibility'.....

6) When the test is over, evaluate your own defect that caused the problem. Learn and grow from the experience.

A problem?.........are you saying not believing in god is a problem?

Weak but typical 'Superior' Ed challenge that proves only one thing, just how gullible you are...

edit on 11-5-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

I hear many bold words against God in this forum. I have a simple 30 day challenge to anyone who claims that God does not exist.

Atheism is the absence of belief. It is the religious who made the claim for gods existence in the first place, ergo the burden of proof has squarely been on you guys for millennia... yet none from your flock has yet proved the existence of your god.

Your test is ridiculous, an insult to our intelligence and a complete waste of time for any atheist.

IRM

It only takes 30 seconds to ask for a test. You took more than that replying to me.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

It's your own free will that asks for the test. This assumes you want to know. If you do not want the truth, then don't ask. It's up to you.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose

Like a 'Source Field'?

IRM

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose
I'm not an Atheist, nor am I a Christian or any other "religion", but I don't believe in pushing a "GOD" on ANYONE. Because as simple as it is, there is no "one holy God" up beyond the clouds guiding our moves. "God" or what I like to call "the Source Field" is everywhere, in everything, and we all have the power but we give it up to some false "God" that's shoved down our throats and we're shunned if we don't believe.

Some people have this connective spark and some are merely born as spark-less vessels. And as sad as that may sound, not everybody is going to be born to this planet with the ability to feel that Source Field.

I have not pushed anything on anyone. I simply stated that if you ask, God will answer. That's my opinion and I have direct experience that the outcome will be as I stated. God answers our prayer.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Can you reply to my post, please? Did you accidentally skip it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5/11/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
How would I know that it was God testing me or just another stumbling block in life? I mean, I come across those nearly every day anyway, even without asking for a test.

Example:

Yesterday (after about 2 months of healing from a back injury and also having a history of knee issues), I had a WONDERFUL day because I was relatively free of pain and was able to do many errands throughout the day. I even mentioned to my husband how great it felt to be mobile and in control of my body again.

This morning, when I got out of bed, a terrible pain slammed through my left knee and I can barely walk. This is not the same pain I've had before in my knees, it's a "new" pain. Deeper and much more intense.

If something like this happened AFTER I asked God for a test, how could I possibly know it was actually a test from him?

And finally, isn't "asking for a test" from God really just another way of testing him?

That depends on you. If you try to fix it yourself, you will fail and the problem will fester. If you fix the problem in yourself, humble your heart, and seek God's path, that path will open and the problem will end better than it started. I outlined the procedure in the OP. Simply allow God to fight for you. How will you know it's God? A miracle will occur if you trust him. He works these miracles every day in a believer's life.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Well thanks. Even though I agree with the criticism of the others; I do not mind taking your challenge. What can hurt or what can I lose or gain?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

How will you know it's God? A miracle will occur if you trust him. He works these miracles every day in a believer's life.

Isn't that testing God?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

reply to [url= by Prezbo369[/url]

It's your own free will that asks for the test. This assumes you want to know. If you do not want the truth, then don't ask. It's up to you.

Nobody has asked you for a test, you just decided to present one.

And it's an incredibly poor test that like I said only goes to show ones gullibility.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

Well thanks. Even though I agree with the criticism of the others; I do not mind taking your challenge. What can hurt or what can I lose or gain?

You can lose nothing in this life that is not already in God's hand to begin with. You can gain faith. God honors those who honor Him.

There is a good story that I recently heard. It's a parable of course, but it says what needs to be said. A man was in hell shaking his fist at God. "Why didn't you do more to save me from this." God answered, "I gave you my Son's life. What more could I give."

Here is the fact that most miss. The sacrifice of the Son was only personified in the first century. The true sacrifice came at the beginning of Time when the Son bonded with us throughout all the generations of our existence. We are slices from that one loaf. One soul created Adam. Adam had each soul within his DNA. The expression of one (Paired with Eve) generated all of humanity. The Shepherd is with each of us on this ride called life. He's always been with us for every trial. You are simply asking for one that shows his presence.

He won't let you down.

edit on 11-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join