learn more

30 day Challenge to Atheists - Confirm your Skepticism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

The bible talks about physical beings (god, Jesus, angels, etc.) flying around in physical craft (chariots, pillars, clouds, etc.). No omnipotent, all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful being would need to ride around in physical craft.

Your very name includes "Enoch", who was taken aboard a physical craft by physical beings, and taken around the world and into space to be shown the sun, moon, earth, stars, their orbits, etc.

Whether the bible is true or not, there is no omnipotent, all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful being who's always just "been there", that created us. Everything is created from something. Including this "god" you speak of.

What's more likely is an advanced race of beings came here, created us in their image and likeness through genetics, artificially inseminated Mary to create Jesus, and had an Ark that included the DNA of all of the species here on Earth. They used science and technology, just like we are doing and will continue to do.

Unless we blow ourselves up in meaningless wars first.

link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
reply to [url= by Prezbo369[/url]

It's your own free will that asks for the test. This assumes you want to know. If you do not want the truth, then don't ask. It's up to you.

Nobody has asked you for a test, you just decided to present one.

And it's an incredibly poor test that like I said only goes to show ones gullibility.

I have merely stated what is possible. What God does and what is asked for from Him is His business. He knows how to impart faith. This is His work in us. We have little to do with faith unless God prepares us to receive it. Knocking is the first step on a long road. Faith makes things possible, not easy.

link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose
I'm not an Atheist, nor am I a Christian or any other "religion", but I don't believe in pushing a "GOD" on ANYONE. Because as simple as it is, there is no "one holy God" up beyond the clouds guiding our moves. "God" or what I like to call "the Source Field" is everywhere, in everything, and we all have the power but we give it up to some false "God" that's shoved down our throats and we're shunned if we don't believe.

Some people have this connective spark and some are merely born as spark-less vessels. And as sad as that may sound, not everybody is going to be born to this planet with the ability to feel that Source Field.

Quit trying to rise something out of people that may simply, just not be there.

I have not pushed anything on anyone. I simply stated that if you ask, God will answer. That's my opinion and I have direct experience that the outcome will be as I stated. God answers our prayer.

That is not the case at all.. I'm sure everyone in life has asked and not received. It's all about making it for yourself. You have to envision and create it. If you set your mind to it, and focus your thought positively on what it may be that you are asking for. It's not a "God" that's going to help you get those things, It's yourself. It's your higher being, the part of you that exists beyond the physical realm.

People don't get this, because they are indoctrinated with "religion" which in itself means to "hold back", "suppress" and "conform" keep you from the REAL truth and the real you.

I know the whole "new age" "demi-god" movement is scoffed at and ridiculed, but there really is a lot of truth to it. We are not governed by some glittery white bearded man in a gold robe sitting on a throne in the sky. We are governed by the limitations we put on ourselves. Once you open your true self up, reality becomes your playground. We give up all our powers to some "God" in a book that has been edited for the pure purpose of manipulation, when we have all the power ourselves.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I could label many of life's challenges as "Challenges from God"...

I could label many of life's wonders and delights as "Miracles from God"...

Fact is, we ALL have challenges and pleasures or joys. Life is like that, whether you believe in God or not.

And isn't your test actually testing God? Maybe you missed this post of mine...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5/11/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

You have stated one version of belief. How can you know if you do not try? God can demonstrate himself by showing us our own defects clearly. This is what a test is. It's a circumstance in which we must show our own character. What I am suggesting in this is simple. Once you see that flaw in your own character, simply asking God to come in an save you from it demonstrates His goodness and power. Submitting to God's power calls on those millions of angles to then come in and rectify the situation. We have this power, but there is an element walking among us that would like to keep us form knowing the true potential we have. We have the power to call on God at any time. God simply waits for us to see the terms upon which this takes place. Surrender to His will is simple. Give and do not take. Let God fight the battle against those who take.

The point is this: Don't be the thief. Be the one giving. Any character flaw God reveals will simply revolve around His will for us. Love others unconditionally. Hate the sin. Surrender is hating the sin in ourselves enough to give it up to God to fix. When we do, he rushes in to assist. Our live then improves. Each step on the path must be taking in the right direction by following the Shepherd in the wilderness.

edit on 11-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I could label many of life's challenges as "Challenges from God"...

I could label many of life's wonders and delights as "Miracles from God"...

Fact is, we ALL have challenges and pleasures or joys. Life is like that, whether you believe in God or not.

And isn't your test actually testing God? Maybe you missed this post of mine...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's not a test of God. It's a request for God to show you your own character from the trial. This will be a different test for each person who willingly asks for it. God takes it from that point on. No need to question it now. Wait 30 days then come back. I will be eager to hear what happens. I can share with you the trial I asked for 30 days ago as well, but not until this thread reaches the end.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

That is not the case at all.. I'm sure everyone in life has asked and not received. It's all about making it for yourself. You have to envision and create it. If you set your mind to it, and focus your thought positively on what it may be that you are asking for. It's not a "God" that's going to help you get those things, It's yourself. It's your higher being, the part of you that exists beyond the physical realm. People don't get this, because they are indoctrinated with "religion" which in itself means to "hold back", "suppress" and "conform" keep you from the REAL truth and the real you.

I see your thought process, but riddle me this: What do you do to produce your life? You think and move only. You do not provide your bio-mechanical suit. You do not make your hair grow, the Earth turn or the sun shine. You think and move only. The rest is accomplished with purpose and programming that cannot be denied. Regardless of your choices, the Earth will still turn. A bug has little recourse after hitting a windshield. The car cannot be stopped by him. In this life, EVERYTHING is produced so that we can learn. Faith is required when fact is absent.

The problem here is not evidence. The problem is missing the demonstration. I am simply showing a pathway to see it clearly.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

the falacy of your " challenge "is that WHATEVER happens is cited by believers as " gods will "

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Your test is biased, as will be any results. If one believes, then they will attribute the results to "god". If one does not, they will attribute the rseults to "the randomness of the universe". End of story.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

So let me get this straight, instead of us asking your god for some nice things to happen to us which you claim he will not do because he doesn't like to be tested. You are asking us to ask him to test us whereby he will do some nasty things to us to which would then prove he exists?

What the hell is wrong with you xtians do you stay up late at night dreaming up ways of acting more idiotic than yesterday ? Is there a competition between xtians on the level of sheer stupidity ?

When will you people come to realize that your self imposed mental retardation and irrational way of thinking handicaps you intellectually making it almost impossible for you to have a logical debate with an atheists.

As far as testing your god goes the invitation comes from god/jesus himself

Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.
edit on 11-5-2013 by ChristianJihad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LobeDethFaurt

Your test is biased, as will be any results. If one believes, then they will attribute the results to "god". If one does not, they will attribute the rseults to "the randomness of the universe". End of story.

When we ask for a trial of our character, God answers us with something that brings us to higher ground than we were before. A demonstration of his power in our lives is not random or reasoned away with happenstance. It does not work that way.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It's not a test of God. It's a request for God to show you your own character from the trial.

A. A request for God to show me something is a test of God.
B. I know my own character. I don't need a God to show me that.

This will be a different test for each person who willingly asks for it.

Well, that's awful convenient, isn't it? How about we do a test of our skepticism by asking God for a SPECIFIC test? All of us participating in this thread can agree on and ask for the SAME test and see what happens after 30 days?

No need to question it now.

Sorry, that's how my mind works. Because if I'm actively looking for a miracle, odds are, in thirty days, I'll find something you can call a miracle. (Of course, it won't really be a miracle, it will be a normal event in my life.) To attribute that to God, would be as illogical as believing in a God in the first place.

I can look back over the past 30 days and find something that you can call a "miracle". As I said, life is full of joys, delights, beautiful and even unexplained things. But they happen to me, a non-believer as well as believers. Believers just attribute them to their God.

Your test doesn't make sense. There's NO WAY to know that one of life's many tests would come from God.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

So let me get this straight, instead of us asking your god for some nice things to happen to us which you claim he will not do because he doesn't like to be tested. You are asking us to ask him to test us whereby he will do some nasty things to us to which would then prove he exists?

What the hell is wrong with you xtians do you stay up late at night dreaming up ways of acting more idiotic thatn yesterday ? Is there a competition between xtians on the level of sheer stupidity ?

When will you people come to realize that your self imposed mental retardation and irrational way of thinking handicaps you intellectually making it almost impossible for you to have a logical debate with an atheists.

As far as testing your god goes the invitation comes from god/jesus himself

Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

No. He will do something for you. Whatever test may come, it will reveal an area of your life that can be improved. Not only will the test resolve a character issue, the light that is shined will reveal your true self to you. Know thyself to know God. God is love and we cannot know God apart from being what God is. A trial requires us to rise. A person can also sink. The directions are clear. Allow God to show you the path. Leave room for Him to act on your behalf. Follow the steps and it becomes clear.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LobeDethFaurt

When we ask for a trial of our character, God answers us with something that brings us to higher ground than we were before. A demonstration of his power in our lives is not random or reasoned away with happenstance. It does not work that way.

This is the way YOU would translate things because of your beliefs. My beliefs are the opposite, so I would automatically attribute any results to randomness. It's all in your perceptions. I don't believe in god, so I would still, NO MATTER WHAT, attribute results to randomness of the universe. Period.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

When we ask for a trial of our character, God answers us with something that brings us to higher ground than we were before.

But I have "trials" of my character all the time. I get in touch with my inner strength, recall my past life lessons, pull myself together, get my attitude right and overcome them. Myself. In the end, I have learned another lesson and I end up "on higher ground" than I was before. With no God in my life.

I go back to my original question: How will I know it's God, when this stuff happens all the time? To all of us?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

A. A request for God to show me something is a test of God.
B. I know my own character. I don't need a God to show me that.

A: God would test you by your own free will. Your awareness of what is taking place would only show you why.

B: We all need God. Our own character is fallen. There is no possibility of rising apart from the faith God imparts. gaining possessions or success in life is not important and a work of vanity. Work that leads our soul to life is a work of lasting value. None of us have arrived. All are progressing and rising to this new life. Entering the kingdom to come requires this work.

Well, that's awful convenient, isn't it? How about we do a test of our skepticism by asking God for a SPECIFIC test? All of us participating in this thread can agree on and ask for the SAME test and see what happens after 30 days?

In this case, you would be testing God. When you ask for a test, you are giving God the opportunity. Above, you are asking God to do something specific. Who is showing who? Fear might keep you from asking, but that is a belief in God. You cannot be an atheist if you have a scrap of faith that He is real and honest with His words. In this case, you are a believer who has rejected his words. Ignorance is ignoring.

It's your choice to try this or not.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

When we ask for a trial of our character, God answers us with something that brings us to higher ground than we were before.

But I have "trials" of my character all the time. I get in touch with my inner strength, recall my past life lessons, pull myself together, get my attitude right and overcome them. Myself. In the end, I have learned another lesson and I end up "on higher ground" than I was before. With no God in my life.

I go back to my original question: How will I know it's God, when this stuff happens all the time? To all of us?

I have done this many times. There is a difference when you ask for a trial. Yes, God is responsible for them all. He is working on all of us equally. When you ask for this one, there is an outcome you desire. God will honor this desire.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I propose a test to all of you who don't believe you can breathe under water. 1) Stick your head under water. 2) Inhale deeply. The results may surprise you!
----------------------
In all seriousness, your test - at least to us who don't believe - is as rediculous as the test stated above. Seriously.
edit on 11-5-2013 by LobeDethFaurt because: double negative

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

No. He will do something for you. Whatever test may come, it will reveal an area of your life that can be improved.

My life doesn't need improving thank you very much, I am a perfectly happy and conteted individual no need for yahweh around here thanks anyhoo.

However there is a paediactrics ward at our local hospital with kids dying from cancer perhaps you could send your god around there to remove the cancer, hell better yet ask him to eradicate cancer alltogether.

Ah, don't say it, he moves in mysterious ways and he gives children cancer for a reason that we'll never understand but their suffering and death is part of his loveing plan.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
People kill each other over religion, atrocities that are too horrible to think about. If god did exist, I still wouldn't want anything to do with him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join