It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 day Challenge to Atheists - Confirm your Skepticism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Dude.............

I hear many bold words against The Teapot in this forum. I have a simple 30 day challenge to anyone who claims that The Teapot does not exist. The Teapot's word clearly says we cannot test it. It will not turn the sky green or come to you in the form of a visible image. It will not speak to you in words of English or other languages. What The Teapot will do is demonstrate Itself to anyone who seeks. Each of us has a free will. We cannot test The Teapot, but there is something we CAN do.

It's simple. Ask The Teapot to test you. Within the next 30 days, simply report back here with the events of your life. I will warn you, however. If you think The Teapot is not real, do not blame me for what it shows you as evidence for its power. If you are confident it does not exist, be ready to see how you are in error.

If you take the challenge, I offer some words of wisdom. Two weeks ago, my latest request for The Teapot to test me took place. I occasionally ask The Teapot to test my me, fully knowing that at the end of the test, I am a better person from the experience. This latest test was profound and I cannot go into the details. What I can offer is a path through the testing period. Here it is.

1) Ask for a test
2) Watch for novelty events in your life (Things that do not normally happen).
3) Do not doubt. Keep your own words few and remain grounded in the knowledge that The Teapot will pull you through.
4) Leave room for The Teapot to operate. Trying to solve the problem yourself will not end well. Leave room for The Teapot.
5) Pray each moment that The Teapot fights your battle. Surrender to the process and allow The Teapot to show you the end as better than the beginning.
6) When the test is over, evaluate your own defect that caused the problem. Learn and grow from the experience.

Why would you do this? Simple. You want proof that The Teapot is there. You can have it if you dare.

Be warned. A test is not pleasant. You can set parameters. If you ask for a test, ensure that you also ask for potential outcomes to be avoided. As the trial begins, pray for The Teapot to reveal itself to you. Your evidence will be appear and no amount of skepticism will be able to reason it away. The Teapot is good and it can move you from doubt to faith. Simply seek.

Logic trumps all

Peace
edit on 11-5-2013 by mortisflash because:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
reply to post by skonaz

Your reply is leaning on your own understanding. If you choose the test, you will need to lean a different direction. It will be required. I only offer the path forward if you choose to take the challenge. It's your choice.

Yes, but can't you see that you are then putting all of the onus on to me to prove your beliefs ?
No matter what were to occur in the test you will take the high morale ground.
If I dont believe after 30 days , it's because I didn't have enough faith.
I did'nt look for the signs hard enough. I didn't believe. I didn't pray. I wasn't like you enough.

Your challenge is basically :
Atheists I can prove God to you.
All you have to do is believe what I believe and boom ! Problem solved.....

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mortisflash

I for one hail our new teapot overlord !

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat
reply to post by EnochWasRight

What is seems interesting to me is that god is never in a hurry to answer your prayers, or to help people in the way they need it. Children are dying daily in hospitals, no matter how much faith they have. But hey, when it comes to test you, and break your spine you can count on god for sure. Ever wondered why that is? Ever wondered why you prefer to believe that?

If I can't test god, why do I need him to test me? Better let's just stay friends.

Let's try it this way: I'll ask god for a big gift, whatever he thinks he can offer, not necessarily money, but big enough so I know beyond doubt that I couldn't get on my on. If it comes in 30 days time, I'll be back here screaming for everyone to hear that there is a god.
Deal?

A test from God is a gift.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Sooo, we can't ask for something good from this all-loving god, but we CAN ask him to hit us with a bus and give our loved ones cancer? Yeah, if god has a pointy tail and a pitch fork, then no doubt about it, you've been asking god to test you.

Nothing in life can be gained apart from suffering. Taking something that is not earned ends in suffering, just like suffering work leads to reward. Asking God for a test allows opportunity for growth. It also demonstrates an event that could not be associated with happenstance. Are you afraid to try?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by skonaz

reply to post by skonaz

Your reply is leaning on your own understanding. If you choose the test, you will need to lean a different direction. It will be required. I only offer the path forward if you choose to take the challenge. It's your choice.

Yes, but can't you see that you are then putting all of the onus on to me to prove your beliefs ?
No matter what were to occur in the test you will take the high morale ground.
If I dont believe after 30 days , it's because I didn't have enough faith.
I did'nt look for the signs hard enough. I didn't believe. I didn't pray. I wasn't like you enough.

Your challenge is basically :
Atheists I can prove God to you.
All you have to do is believe what I believe and boom ! Problem solved.....

the onus is on God, not me. I didn't say I would do anything other than provide the pathway out of the test by the directions I gave. I trust God on His end. It's a simple request to Him and I know he will honor any request on our part. We have the power to ask God anything in prayer. He always gives it back to us better than we found it. He is always faithful.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

How are you able to fool yourself into believing in a god? Where you sheltered and brainwashed into believing in this god as I was? It wasn't until I grew up and got the internet to learn the truth I was sheltered and taught nothing but the bible but doubt for some of the tales always nagged at me and I could never get answers from any elders there answer would be this go fast and repent and pray and god will answer your questions. He never did answer any question never did reveal himself to me in 20 years of doing all I could to have my doubts/questions answered by him to know the truth to have him reveal himself to me and guide me though as others said he would.Then again parents lie to kids all the time make them believe in things that aren't there from the time we can hear we are programmed into believing magic is real and Santa is real and the Easter bunny and on and on, that all these things are real then as we get older our beliefs are crushed one by one.Then one belief that stays the longest is god.
I have done this so called test over and over again and the result is always the same.
This giving the unusual problem to god is kinda like drinking it lets you forget for a day or two but the problem still exists the problem will not solve itself you must solve it no matter the outcome you can not use god, alcohol or drugs to mask the problems you face.Unusual problems can not magically resolve themselves through sacrifice, prayer, repenting or fasting none of this will resolve it.
However their is hope because all it takes is a time out from the situation and then action from YOU and YOU will resolve any situation you encounter any day, any year or any month.
I can guarantee you that there is no magic genie coming, no miracle wielding god, no supernatural unexplainable force coming to your rescue.
Scenario
A person in need of rent money walks near a bank he thinks to himself "I really need a job or some money can you help me god" at that very moment a deposit envelope carried by an unseen force, lands at his feet he opens it and finds 1000.00 dollars.(he thinks to himself O lord thank you that was fast thank you O lord I praise thee)He rushes home to pay his rent and he bumps into his landlord who seems frantic before he can speak the landlord says O I hope you have your rent money right now! Why he asks? Well (the landlords reply's) I just came back from the bank I went to deposit 1000.00 dollars and the envelope I put the money in must have fallen out of the car or out of my hand I just don't know but I have a very important payment to make today.
If you are the tenant what would you do in this situation?
Would you pass his money off as your rent or would you return him the envelope and say well your in luck I found your money but I still haven't got the rent money just yet to him(the landlord) your going to be a "life saver"
Now lets look at this a couple ways first lets say the tenant is a devout believer and the very moment before he finds the envelope he prayed to god remember to help him with money to pay his rent and money showed up so it must be what god wants right? God must want him to pass this money of as his rent right?
Now the Landlord the moment he realized he lost his money he also prayed to god saying O lord I am sorry for what ever I did, but please I cant afford to lose that money today please help me find it or help me find a way to make my payment.
Now no matter what the tenant does here the Landlord will believe god answered his prayer.
So you decided to pass his money of as your rent you get to live free for a month and have couple hundred dollars for extra goodies, the landlords out a grand but hes happy cause he made his payment and he can recover faster then the out of work tenant. God answered both their prayers.God is good.
So you have decided to give him back the money and say your in luck I caught your envelope of money, I'm sorry I still haven't got your rent money I was out looking for work when I found your envelope.Then he says don't worry you have just saved me.The tenant feels good for returning the money to his landlord knowing he really helped him by being honest. So the landlord in return decides he will reward him and says for your honesty, I will knock off half your rent this month and give you an extra week to pay. God has answered both their prayers god is good right?
I believe in either scenario each of these people would believe that god helped them. Even though it was nothing more then a coincidence. But as a believer in god which action would you take which action is right?
The way I see it If you believe that god is the force behind the scenario either action you take is correct. What do you think?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
im not sure if i am supporting you or not you can make your own decision about that but i just wanna say that i believe in a creator, a god for a lack of a better word just simply because the way the universe works, the way the human body works and the way life was created is too well easy to screw up.

so many scientists have said that the universe is a delicate thing, that too much of one thing or too little or another would change the very way the universe work and could see our existence as not happening. i was religious when i was younger, when i turned about eight i decided i wouldnt bother, asking the same questions that most do things like if theres a god why does he let... (fill in the blank) but then my mum had a heart attack, a large one really that meant she would need open heart surgery and have her heart stopped for a short while (not really sure how long) i spent an entire day, literally from six in the morning until late preying begging god not to let anything happen to her, thankfully my mum is safe and doing alot better although i will say that she isn't 100 percent the woman she used to be.

she cant get about without getting breathless...well this isn't about my mum. who is roman catholic. my point is, i do believe in a creator for the simple fact that the way everything works, the little things really and you can always say this is because of evolution and survival of the fittest but without someone or something right at the very beginning to help put those atoms or whatever that makes up life there well life wouldn't happen.

whenever i am told that evolution is why we are hear i always find myself asking who put the things that make up life there, the big bang is only a theory and will never be actually proven to have been a natural thing, the background radiation might say it happened but what happened before, was their a universe before did it end and a new one begin, then what or who created the first universe. its a looping endless cycle of questions that always leads me to the belief that someone was there at the start and yeah you might say then who put god there, who was or what was before god and i would agree its a hard question but i dont believe in anyone religion as i remember my Religious Education teacher saying that in the bible (dont remember where) it says something about god telling a prophet not to believe those who claim to speak his words or something like that.

i just think that those who believe should be left to believe and those who dont should be left in their disbelief. it bugs me that people try to force others to believe. your test for example, if someone doesn't believe then they will not discover something, they will use science or say something that would explain it without god.

so using something my granddad said years before he died, 'Danny (that's my name) its simple, dont worry what everyone else is thinking, forget what they think about you or your thoughts, just let them live their lives the way they want. sooner or later they will find their answers and be happy.'

i have never really gotten the whole ignoring the argument thing but what i think he meant was, to let those who dont believe and those who do believe to their own devices and live my life my own way. at least that's what i think he meant.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

This is your challenge. Not God's. Take some responsibility for what you are trying to do here.
If your putting the onus on God isn't that testing him which you said we couldn't do ?

You don't seem willing to have any debate or discussion at all.
As I often find with believers it's all vague and mysterious responses.

I say your challenge is flawed. This is your challenge - explain to me why it is not.
You have not been able to address anyone's concerns with the flaws in your experiment.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KoolBreeze

We are only affected by the choices of others or our own choices. I do not believe in chance. God is one of the others that makes choices. Providence dictates destiny. Our own free will also changes the states of our own reality, yet we cannot change the path of the Earth. The wheel turns and the ox pulls the cart.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mortisflash

Acts 17

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

This is your challenge. Not God's. Take some responsibility for what you are trying to do here.
If your putting the onus on God isn't that testing him which you said we couldn't do ?

I say your challenge is flawed. This is your challenge - explain to me why it is not.
You have not been able to address anyone's concerns with the flaws in your experiment.

Psalms 139

23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
TEST ME and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

My challenge is a pathway we can read from many places in the Bible.

Psalm 26

1 Vindicate me, Lord,
for I have led a blameless life;
I have trusted in the Lord
and have not faltered.
2 Test me, Lord, and try me,
examine my heart and my mind;
3 for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love
and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness.

Malachi 3:10 (The thing we can test God on)

10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

God does give permission to test him when it comes to our giving. Test him all you want. Everything you give will come back again as a flood of blessing.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Nothing in life can be gained apart from suffering. Taking something that is not earned ends in suffering, just like suffering work leads to reward. Asking God for a test allows opportunity for growth. It also demonstrates an event that could not be associated with happenstance. Are you afraid to try?

Am I afraid? Hell yeah!!!! I've experienced some HORRID events in my life. Whether a god threw these atrocities at me or not, I wouldn't want anything close to these events happening again. No thank you!
edit on 5/11/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Am I afraid? Hell yeah!!!! I've experienced some HORRID events in my life. Whether a god threw these atrocities at me or not, I wouldn't want anything close to these events happening again. No thank you!

So you do believe that God will act if asked? Atheists do not believe there is a God that can act.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Enoch, I usually dig you OP's even trough I am agnostic while your subject are often theological.

But this one really doesn't live to your standards, asking an atheist to leave space to God is like asking a fish to ride a bike. You really need to think this over if you want to convert the hardest, most skeptic atheists.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Psalms 139

23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
TEST ME and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

My challenge is a pathway we can read from many places in the Bible.

Psalm 26

1 Vindicate me, Lord,
for I have led a blameless life;
I have trusted in the Lord
and have not faltered.
2 Test me, Lord, and try me,
examine my heart and my mind;
3 for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love
and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness.

Malachi 3:10 (The thing we can test God on)

10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

God does give permission to test him when it comes to our giving. Test him all you want. Everything you give will come back again as a flood of blessing.

Ok.
I see I am done here and it's a shame because I have not posted here from quite some time. You did not respond to my concerns about your experiment and are not having a discussion.
BIBLICAL QUOTES ARE NOT EVIDENCE.
Again it's flawed as in my understanding and limited research - the bible was not written when it was purported to be, was commandeered and corrupted in the middle ages and was certainly not written in english - therefore the words you wrote above are not "the word of God" and do not offer any support to your hypothesis.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Your quote from Acts 17 says that god gives life to everyone. Don't you see that you were saved and "born again" before you even knew who god or Jesus were? To be "saved" is to have life, and life is abundant on Earth. God is life itself, no more separate from you than you are to you, there is no need for a middle man named Jesus.

It really is that simple, I don't understand why Christians have to complicate it so much.
edit on 11-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It's so obvious to you that the Biblical God exists that it's hard to comprehend the idea that not everyone else feels his presence

Asking for a test from a nonexistent (to them) deity feels just as fake as facing north and asking the jolly old elf if he wouldn't mind sending an extra gift this year.

And even if we could muster up enough suspension of disbelief to say the words, the so called 'test' will be seen as little more than coincidence and luck, because God doesn't exist in our worldview, and he therefore can't be the cause.

In order to ask God for proof that he exists, you have to believe there's an ear to hear it in the first place. It's like the chicken and the egg.

edit on 11-5-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Why does everything have to be credited to God? Every bad thing that happens, oh, that's just god testing you. Every good thing that happens, oh, that's just a gift from god.

You even say these "test" are a gift from God? So if God "tests" you by setting your house on fire, that is a gift?

How about people stop relying on this invisible person. Take ownership of yourself, give credit to yourself, or whoever deserves it for the good in your life. Take the blame for the bad and learn from it like a freakin ADULT.

When bad stuff happens, its just bad stuff, either you did something that caused it, or it just happened. That's it!

When good stuff happens, you either did something to aid in the fortune, or it just happened, That's it!

Also: Please stop using the bible and scripture as evidence to support what you are saying. Until you can prove the bible is anything more than made up stories written by man, you are just beating a dead horse.

DC
edit on 5/11/2013 by xDeadcowx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

So you do believe that God will act if asked? Atheists do not believe there is a God that can act.

You deliberately missed my meaning, didn't ya.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join