It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swarm of Lights Appear Over Argentina and Chile And Is Filmed From Six Cameras.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Took a look at the pictures in the first post, and a picture in a link given by another member here stating it was satellite debris, and saw some discrepancies between the two photos. So I edited the two photos to explicitly show the difference between the "satellite debris" and the objects in question.

(Not the most professional editing, but it's adequate.)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Unless people can officially confirm what this is, then it will be considered a UFO
(Unidentified Flying Object), hence why the OP posted it in this forum.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Some people think these UFOs appear every day, if there are any cases of actual UFOs, these are extremely rare. Im pretty sure that is something like wing suits, parachutes or some military gadget, nothing top secret or extraterrestrial..

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Why is it that all these ufo sightings are always taken on crappy cameras? make ya think eh..

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Over what distance was this seen? If it is an object breaking up while entering our atmosphere, one would believe it would have been sighted over a large area.

A map with all known sightings and time of the sightings is what is needed. If it was seen from vantage point A at say, 9:00 p.m., and also at vantage point B at 9:02 p.m., and the distance between those two points was 50 miles, then I'd say it was something breaking up in the atmosphere. Or.. something really really huge.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You are looking at an airship better known as a blimp. If you live near the Indianapolis 500 you can witness these UFO's in action throughout May. Now of course I could easily be wrong, but I am pretty confident that is what we're looking at in these videos. They are just playing with their lights which can they get to dance around pretty much any way they desire. They are gigantic billboards.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
ouch double posted
edit on 12-5-2013 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ezwip
You are looking at an airship better known as a blimp. If you live near the Indianapolis 500 you can witness these UFO's in action throughout May. Now of course I could easily be wrong, but I am pretty confident that is what we're looking at in these videos. They are just playing with their lights which can they get to dance around pretty much any way they desire. They are gigantic billboards.

Are you telling me that this

is actually this?

I see no similarities at all.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying and if you watch the video you will see it tilt just as a blimp does where it's nose is pointing down while the tail is up yet it keeps moving horizontally. It's a crap camera and we can't gauge the distance. I can look outside at night and actually see these things screwing around this time of year and at times they look like that. At one point in the video it looks like it's trying to tell you to come over here where parking is only $10. They will also carry banners that stream behind them and can have lights as well.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ezwip

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying and if you watch the video you will see it tilt just as a blimp does

If you skim through the thread you will find that the source of the lights has been identified , they are not anything to do with blimps .

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I really don't care to skim through 11 pages of crap that are obviously not extraterrestrials with flashlights.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I really don't care to skim through 11 pages of crap that are obviously not extraterrestrials with flashlights.

They're obviously not blimps either but if you could be bothered to skim through 14 pages of crap you would know that .

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying and if you watch the video you will see it tilt just as a blimp does where it's nose is pointing down while the tail is up yet it keeps moving horizontally. It's a crap camera and we can't gauge the distance. I can look outside at night and actually see these things screwing around this time of year and at times they look like that. At one point in the video it looks like it's trying to tell you to come over here where parking is only $10. They will also carry banners that stream behind them and can have lights as well.

Terribly sorry to burst your bubble, but blimps do not come in those kind of shapes.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
As always in threads like this, I sit back with a child like wonderment and marvel at the lengths some people will go to in order to avoid having to absorb information which would totally and completely SHATTER their fragile little world views and FORCE them to accept some very unsettling and disturbing realities (to them at least).

THese people will apparently fight to the death in order to keep from having to even slightly alter their world views. They cling to their deeply held, firmly rooted belief systems like a baby clings to his blanky.

There is no end to the absolutely ridiculous, asinine, and illogical explanations they put forth in order to make sense of something that is threatening to bring crumbling down the prison which they themselves have erected around their timid little minds.

I for one, can NOT understand the concept that these people use, the quote you hear all too often when dealing with fearful timid people with fearful timid minds which is

"extraordinary claims requires extraordinary proof".

To which I always say,

"Who is the one who gets to decide for all of humanity what constitutes extraordinary"?

YOU?

Pardon me but,
I find nothing "extraordinary" about the idea that we are being visited by a race of highly advanced intelligent beings from another world.

This is somewhat of a "no brainer" and quite "ordinary" to me and I don't really see what the fuss is about, nor do I understand the almost psychotic need to make these sightings fit into a mold that your fearful and timid little minds have cast, which offers you a buffer zone between you and reality.

It doesn't infuriate me anymore.
It used to make me sad, but, no more.

Now I am at the point where it is quite entertaining and fun to watch.
edit on 12-5-2013 by GeneralChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Those videos reminded me of "Destiny" from the SGU series.

Maybe they've come home finally?

On a serious note...kinda, that was pretty cool.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for being here. This has been a tremendous amount of fun in an ATS style that seems hard to come by these days.

Thanks to all of you for your candid input and willingness to play.

This is a great video from Orbital Sciences, the folks that are responsible for sending up the Antares rocket that was carrying, amongst other things, the Cygnus Mass Simulator Dummy, that has provided the spectacular light show that was filmed from South America on may 10th when it re-entered our atmosphere.

I grew up watching the moon launches, so I love this sort of thing, but if you would like to get to the meat of this video, then just advance the timer to 23:31; that's the part you want to see.

We are really just waiting on Orbital Sciences to confirm that it was their devices that we saw burn in. I'll call them in the morning.

Thanks ATS,

Many thanks to Mr. Jim Oberg, spacedoubt and Gortex, for leading us all to understanding.

edit on 12-5-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GeneralChaos

Wouldn't your arguments be true for both sides of the coin? It sounds like your world view absolutely believes we are being visited by ET's to the point you consider it utterly ridiculous to rationally consider the possibility we are not being visited by ET's.

Is there any reasonable amount of evidence or rational explanation(s) that would allow you to believe we are not being visited by ET's who intentionally reveal themselves to us through ambiguous light shows?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Thank you this makes a lot more sense than meteors, or reentry lol.
edit on 12-5-2013 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I personally think it's something man-made/normal (certain kind of fireworks? RC plane/performance?) which was known when it was filmed and the UFO story was added later.

That was my first thought but I don't think it's that. I am waiting for that to happen on a large scale though. They are getting very sophisticated with these things. Lights, quads, computer networks and some programming...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

RC? I don't think a RC device would be able to travel over 300 miles over Argentina & Chile. Well not an amateur one i am certain. Unless you know something different?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join