It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swarm of Lights Appear Over Argentina and Chile And Is Filmed From Six Cameras.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by spacedoubt
reply to post by Komodo

Well, it IS re entering. From LEO to ZEO (Zero Earth orbit).
So at some point in re entry, it would be a 15k feet, and eventually no feet at all.

so you've determine that it's a sat and it's in ZEO.. or what? because' to me .. ALL sat's are in either HEO or LEO.. NOT ZEO.. and in the video ...toward the end.. that is clearly not 15,000 ft...

ZEO that was just a play on words. A way of describing something that is no longer in orbit, because it fell to Earth. Which is what I think we are seeing in progress, in the video. An object was launched last month, it performed it's duty immediately after launch, then it fell out of orbit. It was expected to happen, and it it did.
The only real surprise is that it fell to Earth earlier than expected.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Do you think there are no trails? or no VISIBLE ones? There very well might be trails, there is just nothing to illuminate them. The videos you have provided to show trails, all have a secondary source of illumination. The Sun.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
To me it looks like a zeppelin. I do not have the tools to capture and draw, but after i imagined a line connecting the contour lights i fitted there a zeppelin just well. As for the speed, considering that Hindenburg had 125 Km/h cruising speed, the object we see in the movie could be moving accordingly.

I do not have an explanation,only an assumption. The feeling i have toward this apparition is that it look like nothing "out of this world". Is just something not so often seen in the sky. Again, only a feeling.
edit on 12-5-2013 by xxerse because: typo...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by N1thNa1ath
Well people i´m argentine and what ever question about this you´d like to make i´ll say the best info is right here, right now...we often see this kind of meteoroids in our country, but we also see a lot of UFO phenomeae here also, even at the Uritorco, in Córdoba province, there is one of the most active UFO places in the world...in Entre ríos also (Victoria city)...if any of you would like to have the best sightings in the world, deffinitely Argentine is a place to visit....and the most beautiful women in the world tooo....but this are just meteoroids or at least space junk...peace 2 all
NAMASTE

I agree - a great place to visit ....!

I played with the best Argentine female polo player - powerful legs......

In Cordoba I was riding in the hills for a week and the skies are very clear

Pduk

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

First in awhile - that has me scratching my head! I'm looking forward to the theories on this UFO

That's what many seem to be expressing on YouTube, but it doesn't look like it's going to garner much interest here; at least not on this particular thread.

Oh well, it's going nuts on YouTube and the rest of the UFO sites. It's easily the most interesting video in quite a while.

Thanks for posting Cirque,
edit on 11-5-2013 by Bybyots because:

They are interesting videos, thanks for posting.

First thought was a meteor / meteorite / failed satellite breaking up in the upper atmosphere...discounted that almost right away when the 'pieces' stayed relative to one another.

Then thought it might be a formation of helicopters...that would be a LOT of helicopters, and someone somewhere would have seen that many taking off or landing...so don't think it's that either.

It's a mystery, wrapped up in an enigma. It's a mystigma.

Could be an other worldly craft or crafts of course, but no proof to say one way or the other really...except that it's / they are flying and unidentified enough to be called UFO's, but that's as far as it goes on that front as unfortunately is so often the case.

Possibly some dark corporate or military experimental craft, but again, they would have to land and take off without being seen, and are there any South American countries with a technologically sophisticated flight tech programme? I don't think there is, but could be wrong.

Thanks.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Can't someone with the proper know-how (I am looking at you Jim) check the appropriate databases to see if a massive swarm of space debree was to enter the skies on that location during the time in question?
It can't be that hard to track and even predict such a reentry, can it?

Local radar stations, both military and civillian must have picked it up. Given the popularity of this sighting, why won't someone just come forward and tell us what it looked like on their screens?

At first, I directly thought: chinese lanterns, and loads of them. Not totally sure though since they seem to burn awfully bright... Speed and cluster formation however seems to follow lantern behaviour to full extent and that's that (I am a firm believer in UFO:s but I've seen plenty of lanterns in my day as well).

I hope we can go the bottom with this, the sooner the better

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Some of the members here, should really change their signature into "Deny everything".

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

yea..

my thoughts exactly..

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
Some of the members here, should really change their signature into "Deny everything".

Some of the members here should really change their signature into " Believe everything"

The ignorance displayed in this thread is really quite shocking

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

reply to post by JrDavis

Do you think there are no trails? or no VISIBLE ones? There very well might be trails, there is just nothing to illuminate them. The videos you have provided to show trails, all have a secondary source of illumination. The Sun.

and ..

what about all the lights staying together .. lets use some scientific logic and simple physics ..and go from there .. shall we ??

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Originally posted by Nikola014

Some of the members here should really change their signature into " Believe everything"

The ignorance displayed in this thread is really quite shocking

and the other side..

believes nothing...regards of who is the eye witness or raw data provided..

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

believes nothing...regards of who is the eye witness or raw data provided..

My point is proved

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
People, this is a wing suit jump at night. That's exactly what it looks like. The video is from Neuquen, Argentina.
The original video is here: www.youtube.com...
The author specifies that it was taken in Neuquen.

There is a drop zone in Neuquen:
www.dropzone.com...

For reference, this is what a wing suit night jump looks like (this one was done in Florida):

Notice all the glow sticks on each wingsuiter. Also notice the pulsing LED lights, which you can also see in the Argentina video. There were likely multiple wingsuiters in the Argentina video, flying in formation. Wingsuits have around a 2:1 glide ratio (they track forward at 100mph while falling around 50mph) so a ground observer will perceive them as tracking across the sky.
edit on 12-5-2013 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Thank you!

Now we can shave this crazy-beard off with our shiny new Occam-brand razors.

Makes perfect sense; even more so than my lantern-theory.

Hope you get applauded for it

edit on 12-5-2013 by Raud because: OCD behavior

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

The second video in your post is the best one.
It looks to be one craft, and in this video it seems to be coming down quite close. Indicating if it was actually one object, it must be quite large.
Definitely one of the better videos I've seen as appearing otherworldly. Not many of them do, in fact none do.

I look forward to what others say.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
I've been able to confirm the country in that part, using the name of that commercial business.

Frávega es una empresa argentina con 95 años de trayectoria y 78 sucursales en todo el país.

OK, sorry for this, but this has got to be the coolest &#@%ing post and thread I have seen on any board for a fortnight.

Thank you very much!

A-H.E.M. (Formerly M.E.H.)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Really like the video's and for once I totally debunk the CGI possibilities, this screams lights in the sky and not fake.

Saying no to meteors and they do stay relative (as said in the thread) meteors enter the earth's atmosphere and spread until they are either exhausted of body or hit earth. The most interesting thing about this set is that they do indeed stay perfectly aligned which suggests 2 things, they are on a framework ie attached to each other or they are lights on a craft.

That rules out loose Chinese lanterns, also the flashing is almost timed so if anything its leds or real lights.

A true UFO in my books.

As for the people saying people should have believe anything in their sig because they are gullible I have to ask them if they have a firm proof of what this was because if you don't and you deny this is a UFO then who's the daft one?

And remember, I said UFO, NOT extraterrestrial craft, I have zero proof its an alien craft.

My guess would be well crafted hoax or military craft with the very outside possibility that its something 'else'.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Here's what I found. Google is your friend.

Argentina and Chile Lights...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis

JrDavis

I do see a difference.
They are two different objects. So I would expect different behavior on reentry.

The time of day doesn't effect the fact it creates a contrail everytime. The contrail is due to the friction in the atmosphere the object encounters.

Please Note : Satellites, Meteors, Debris create tails behind them as they burn up. If the objects split apart the object(s) separate and usually go in all different directions, Lose velocity, Break up, and create their own tails until they burn up.

It depends on how the pieces come off the main body. Each piece has it's own unpredictable set of aerodynamic properties.

Correct, are you seeing this with the video in question? If so please point it out to me.

Some pieces may present a broad surface to the atmosphere, and could be made of very light materials.
Those would slow down quite a bit, compared to the main body, and appear to peel away.

That's what I am saying the object(s) always stay together. They don't separate like the other videos show.

Regardless of the objects material, it should be separating. Not staying together in Formation. When I mean separate I mean move away from each other not break apart.

It's a free fall thing.

Just because they are two different objects doesn't account for the fact that there is no trail behind this object.

However, something that has very few parts and is uncomplicated, may break apart into pieces that have the same density, and similar air resistance as the main body. Well, those would probably come close to matching the speed of the main body, for a lot longer. Therefore appearing to come down as if they were tied together, even if they aren't

We can count the objects that are illuminating and there is a fair amount. I would not say there is enough to all be the same mass and to all be experiencing the same resistance, etc.

No Trail

No Trail

No Trail

No Trail

Trail

Please lets at least agree this thing is traveling with no trail like some are noticing.

Lack of trails does not mean that the event was not a reentry.

Here we can look to natural meteors for clues as to why this is true since the physics is very similar to the physics of man-made reentries.

Firstly, let me state that there are a number of factors influencing weather or not a trail (or tail, or "train" which is the correct scientific term for it) is present or not present.

To understand the factors involved requires a basic understanding of the process of ablation, which is a process that most people confuse with "burning up" as an object enters (or reenters) the atmosphere. What is actually happening when we see a meteor is that an object/meteoroid is slamming into atmospheric air molecules, which ionizes them, and forms a glowing plasma around the object/meteoroid, which is where the light in a meteor comes from and why we see a meteor. It also strips off material from the outer surface of the object/meteoroid.

So as an object travels through the atmosphere at extreme speed it leaves a trail/wake/train of glowing plasma. How long the plasma emits light depends on two main factors - how much of it is created, and how much energy was involved in it's creation. A faster moving object will impart more energy to the ions/plasma, and with more energy plasma can continue emitting light for a longer time, so a fast moving object is very likely to leave more of a train/trail behind it, where as a slower moving object might only have a short lived wake or leave nothing visible behind it at all!

Click this link for more info and definitions of trains, trails, and wakes.

Of course a larger object will ionize more air than a smaller one, so we can expect large objects to leave trains even if they are relatively slow.

In the case we are looking at in this thread, the object has broken up into smaller pieces, and therefore we are less likely to see prominent trains left behind the pieces, especially so since man made objects travel relatively slowly (roughly 2-10 km/s).

If you look at meteors and meteor showers, the fastest meteors nearly always leave trains when the meteoroids are large enough, where as slower meteors very rarely do, and when they do the trains are usually short-lived. For example Leonid meteors (72 km/s) and Perseid meteors (61 km/s) frequently leave trains, especially brighter fireball-class meteors which sometimes leave trains which can persist for many minutes, where as the Geminids (35 km/s) sometimes only have short-lived wakes, and it's not at all common to see long trains or persistent trains.

In my last example I'm going to look at a widely seen natural fireball class meteor that occurred over the UK on 21-9-2012.

For natural fireballs, this one was very slow, and because it entered at a very low angle, there is a good chance that it may have temporarily been capture in Earth's gravity and made an orbit around Earth as I reported here.

It was observed to break up in the atmosphere, and the fragments had very similar characteristics to the fragments of the man-made object we are discussing in this thread here - ie. little or no tail and something a few have commented on: fragments flying in parallel "formation".

Here is a selection of footage of the event. The first link (footage captured by the BBC) is probably the best example:

BBC

Note that after entering the atmosphere, analysis of the footage by researchers showed that the object was slowed down from about 18 km/s to 9.08 km/s, which is in the upper range of speeds at which satellites orbit (about 2-10 km/s). If it had not been slowed down so much by the atmosphere, it would have exited the atmosphere and gone back out to space.

I hope this answers the questions people are asking regarding the lack of tails and the "strange" behavior seen in the footage being discussed in this thread.
edit on 12-5-2013 by FireballStorm because: ran out of room

edit on 12-5-2013 by FireballStorm because: clarification

edit on 12-5-2013 by FireballStorm because: fixed broken link

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
whats with all the cheering/whistling at the start of the video?

It sounds to me like a celebration of some sort, like they are happy, perhaps they were testing something and were cheering because it flew?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join