It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swarm of Lights Appear Over Argentina and Chile And Is Filmed From Six Cameras.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I am so glad I came across this thread, a couple of days ago around 10pm I was sitting up in my room and noticed two of these fire ball looking things. I ran down stairs and had my whole family go outside to look at it, they where going pretty fast. Like the same speed as a jet they weren't to far apart from each other but they where going the same direction and one was directly behind the other. The ball things got dimmer and seemed to be rising in elevation there where planes flying bye them and after they just sort of burned out or vanished there where alot of jets in the air behind my back yard. I live in Portland Oregon

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
reply to post by spacedoubt

Does that make sense?

Yes, absolutely. I figured that it might have something to do with that.

Do you think that it is safe to assume, then, that the article that mentioned 'several months' was talking about the actual device and not the dummy/

Thanks.
edit on 11-5-2013 by Bybyots because:

Oh, I think it still refers to the dummy craft. Which from reading your info, served as a sort of "mothership" to some small satellites. So this dummy served two purposes, a mass simulator, and a place to store then pop-off some little birds.

The eventual REAL Cygnus craft will connect with the ISS at 230miles altitude. I'm just guessing, but I assume that once the Cygnus delivers supplies, it will be released from ISS, and will have thrusters to do a de-orbit at a specified time, so it will re enter to a more targeted location on Earth, like the Pacific Ocean.
That is, I don't think there are any plans to re-use the Cygnus. But keep in mind, I haven't researched the long term plans of the Orbital Sciences company.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
any agency claim it was their space debris?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by Bybyots

edit on 11-5-2013 by Bybyots because:

Bybyots any luck with finding the original of the last part of that video? I want to see that one for the length of time and constancy of the lights.

To me a debris or meteor break up is likely but that last clip puts this in doubt for me as they seem to stay on and flash longer.

The last sequence of that video is very telling.It shows the object or whatever is , appears to be moving as a "single body". This is not any sort of debris or meteor shower / break up.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this.. In certain footages, it looks like one craft; with even one light at the bottom rhythmically blinking. Does not feel like I am looking at a meteorite or debris... It certainly appears to be flying low---- Any reports on what it 'sounded' like? This thing seems fairly big, almost as if it is landing.

People see strange things in the sky all the time, sometimes high strangeness- sometimes just peculiar.

This is one of those that definitely makes me scratch my head.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Great videos. They moved rather fast across the sky and stayed together. No idea what it is, but it could be an alien spacecraft.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by n3mesis
the "lights" went out. lights from terrestrial, extraterrestrial crafts do not go out.

Says who.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by greyer
The laughing in the background makes me think it's a hoax.

Night UFO footage is impossible to decipher, lights could be anything.

So because they are laughing its a hoax?

Hello, nice to meet you. I am not that person you are talking to.

Are you that narrow minded, that you think everyone you are talking to is the same way?

Go find someone else to make accusations to.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It seems that it would be very easily explained by a cluster of bolides or meteors, not alien spacecraft.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject
any agency claim it was their space debris?

I just did a fresh search, and could not find anyone from Orbital Sciences Corporation claiming it was their junk. But others are saying that it is part of a payload that was launched in April by that company.
I suspect it takes longer to claim your junk, than it does to claim your success.
Here is another report, from a news agency near the launch facility at Wallops Island Flight Facility.

wtkr.com...

edit on 11-5-2013 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Unlikely to be meteors due to perceived elevation and speed. Hopefully there is a candidate up there worth voting for.....

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
looks like some kind of structured object. but inconclusive.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Without addressing this event, I ought to gently point out that some reentries -- natural and artificial -- do create fireball swarms in formation that cross the sky horizontally.

A classic and extremely well documented event was in 1963 over Ukraine, and this report [in Russian] contains a hundred drawings of the perceived phenomenon -- half saw a fireball swarm, and half saw a structured object. Just look over the drawings to see this strange but undeniable perceptual phenomenon.

www.jamesoberg.com...

The fact that it CAN happen, and has happened, makes the following recent comments look foolish and unjustified, and reminds us of the truth of Will Rogers' advice, "It ain't what you don't know what makes you look like a fool, it's what you DO know what ain't so."

Be cautioned, please.

Originally posted by ConstantConfusion3
I've never seen a meteor travel that long, going that slow...the lights appear to stay the same distance of each other for a while which I don't believe meteors do either..

Originally posted by gnarkill1529
Any of us who have seen meteor showers know the odds of these being meteors are highly unlikely.

Originally posted by smurfy
Could be [meteor or reentry] Gortex, but not likely without a tail of some sort.

Originally posted by Trueman
Sorry Gortex, but whatever it was it doesn't look like meteorites, it not even seems to be falling down.

Originally posted by micpsi
Cluster of meteors? No! Bolides change their brightness as they burn out and often break up. This object did not exhibit this. No burning. No flames. Just lots of stroboscopic lights arranged on a rigid-looking hull that moves far too slowly for a cluster of meteors.

Alien craft? Most likely.

Originally posted by lunarcartographer
One of the most interesting videos I have seen of an 'unidentified' flying object. I don't think it is a metor or space junk because it is flying horizonatlly and way too slow; if it was either the event would be over in a few seconds. Thanks for posting.

Originally posted by JayinAR
I think a lot of you folks are talkin' out your other mouths.
Meteorites move very quickly.
That thing resembles aerial vehicles, or a single large aerial vehicle, in every way. Period.

Jim, I intended my reply to be cautionary to Gortex who was actually defining something as then not properly defined. From my point of view, I saw neither a structured object, nor a fireball in the video, one portion of which is so poor, is both useless and ambiguous. I am sorry you wish to pigeonhole people so readily.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hmmmm....Where is Phage to illuminate us, educate us, and pretty much point out how gullible and foolish we are to believe such phenomena in this infinite universe could possibly exist?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Interesting sighting. Chile has had some good sightings. I like the "A Rectangular UFO With Humanoids (2008)"
URL Link: globalwarming-arclein.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RamsOnTop
Hmmmm....Where is Phage to illuminate us, educate us, and pretty much point out how gullible and foolish we are to believe such phenomena in this infinite universe could possibly exist?

What is there to illuminate? What do you see?

Compare it to the other videos of Meteors and what do you see?

Do you see a tail and streak like normal meteors? No, It's a cluster of lights that move in Sync.

They are not falling down toward earth they are moving across the the sky.

They seem to flash like lights so we can say it's some form of ship.

Unless it's CGI in the sky or some form of holographic thing than we can say it's a form of a ship.

It's not meteors, Multiple people caught it on camera from multiple locations..

Meteors give off light as they heat up in the atmosphere. This type of light is illumination.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I don't mean to double post.

But why do people question things that are so obvious? I mean I'm waiting for Phage or someone to come in and be like "THIS IS WHY IT'S METEORS"

But honestly how many times have we seen meteors like this? Why would people be recording this and be so startled if it was meteors?

What happened to common sense?

I'm not trying to be-little people but it's obvious this is some type of craft.

I feel like we are in ancient times when they said stuff like "This Is Angels".

Let's not let the obvious run off with our common sense.

Are you guys looking for another answer because you are scared of the truth?

Whether this is a normal craft or not one thing is for sure.

This isn't meteors...
edit on 11-5-2013 by JrDavis because: SC

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My first thought: Meteor Shower.

Simplest solution being the case 99% of the time. So, 99% chance of meteor shower.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Many meteors some in a shallow angles. That's been posted in this thread already. Also Man-made debris almost always comes in at a shallow angle, because it is already following a path parallel to the atmosphere. Eventually it skims a little too close, and begins a long shallow trajectory the rest of the way down.
It' already been shown that there is a very high probability that this is a piece of equipment lofted into space last month. It was supposed to come down a few weeks from now, but it came down early.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

I have seen meteor showers like this before. This is not that extraordinary. But, it's hard for me to make heads or tails from the video because the resolution is not crisp enough to be definitive.

If the people who took the video say it wasn't a meteor shower but instead a giant spacecraft. Well, we can't make that out from the video. That would lend some weight.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join