It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swarm of Lights Appear Over Argentina and Chile And Is Filmed From Six Cameras.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Cygnus Mass Sim 's orbit began to decay on the 26th of April...

How Long Does it Take for Space Debris to Decay?

The decay lifetime of a space object depends on its altitude, the level of solar activity, and its mass to cross-sectional area.

Objects with a large mass to area ratio will remain in orbit longer as they are less affected by drag.

High solar activity increases the density of the atmosphere in low Earth orbits and reduces satellites' decay lifetimes.

www.spaceacademy.net.au...

Ah, thank god; momentum!

Thanks spacedoubt, I feel like we are one step ahead of Orbital Sciences now.

Thees? Thees is what we call a good thread.

edit on 12-5-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Bybyots any luck with finding the original of the last part of that video?

Here you are, Bubba...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
reply to post by smurfy

My thinking too, and especially that this is a NASA contract as I understand it, and that it was a perfect procedure from start to finish, but that there are two disposables gonna hit me on the head around my birthday in August, except that they have already done that even with all the fecking telemetry aboard and including believe it or not, a camera.

You and I are in the same boat. Pleased to meet you.

That's what I gathered from your link as well. We'll have it figured out one way or the other by, I would say, Tuesday.

Same in return. Tuesday, you're right, that's today

I don't have a signature, but if I did, it would be something like this partial quote from Richard Feynman,

"There is one feature I notice that is generally missing in "cargo cult science." It's a kind of scientific integrity, a principle of scientific thought that corresponds to a kind of utter honesty — a kind of leaning over backwards. For example, if you're doing an experiment, you should report everything that you think might make it invalid — not only what you think is right about it; other causes that could possibly explain your results; and things you thought of that you've eliminated by some other experiment, and how they worked — to make sure the other fellow can tell they have been eliminated."
I am not a scientist. yet I can transpose that kind of thinking into just about every walk of life, Cheers Smurfy.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
ATS is always good for a laugh when it comes to this subject.

It's pretty obvious that quite a few people can't even be bothered to watch the video (in full), take one very brief look at the still photo screen caps and spew forth whatever explanation comes to mind.

Any person blessed with eyesight who watches the videos can tell you that is NOT meteors or "space junk".

Granted, I can't tell you it's a bonafide ET craft, either but I can tell you what it isn't.

I never understood (and still don't) the logic that says any possible other explanation one can come up with, whether it fits or not = debunked. Really, the ATS community should do itself a favor and label every user who comes into this thread making those BS claims so we all know who's who in the future and what the agenda is....

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Yes,

Practical science has me by the short-hairs at the moment, but in my heart I am a social scientist (or would like to be)...

Reflexivity

In sociology, reflexivity therefore comes to mean an act of self-reference where examination or action "bends back on", refers to, and affects the entity instigating the action or examination.

It's good for everyone, But the baby-boomers learned from their fathers, so we have to wait them out. They don't tend towards reflexivity much; even though their generation invented the concept. Weirdness.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
.....Any person blessed with eyesight who watches the videos can tell you that is NOT meteors or "space junk".

Which visual characteristics on the videos do you find inconsistent with a shallow-angle fireball swarm?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lovebeck

Originally posted by lovebeck
Here's what I found. Google is your friend.

Argentina and Chile Lights...

I posted the link to the Slate.com article last night.

Anyhow, while this explains things for me, I find it odd there are no other "articles" out there about these lights. Maybe it is just a non-story, idk. I would love for this to have some sort of other worldly explanation, but looks like space debris to me...

I posted that a few pages earlier too. It took a while for another story to pop up, but there is another story from a TV station close to the Wallops Island launch facility.
wtkr.com...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
People crying wolf again go figure. Obviously Meteor fragments breaking up or space junk. Most likely cosmic debris. If you have seen meteor footage before it behaves the same. It also could pass for space junk like I said. Don't be blinded by belief alone, the bias of the die hard believer

People jumping to conclusions "it's an Alien ship" lol

Wouldn't that be neat? Quite an imagination some members have. As much as I would like it to be something as profound as a alien craft I will not do such a disservice and lie to myself. It does not behave like it is under intelligent control and change direction, stop hover or do sharp right angles and any of the telltale signs of a UFO. Mind you the footage is rather brief of this debris falling in a vector like linear trajectory . Nothing to see here folks plenty of decent CGI videos to waste our time with on youtube still.

Bring on the Chinese Lanterns ... I double dog dare ya!

edit on 12-5-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by below
They look part of the same... alien aircraft!

Their position seems to outline it's hull

Whatever - there's nothing BETWEEN them, especially in the second, further away shot. That in itself is weird, no matter where it comes from.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

No offense, but you cant tell us what it is but in the same breathe you try to tell us what it isn't?

How on Earth can you possibly say with any degree of certainty what type of craft 'they' have, second it honestly does look to me like a satellite breaking up and reentering. No one can say what trajectory, speed, angle, height or anything this/these objects are, eyes can deceive.

Stop pretending you know what this isn't!

edit to add,

here's a brief clip of a sat re-entry.
looks pretty uniform to me.

edit on 12-5-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
ATS is always good for a laugh when it comes to this subject.

It's pretty obvious that quite a few people can't even be bothered to watch the video (in full), take one very brief look at the still photo screen caps and spew forth whatever explanation comes to mind.

Any person blessed with eyesight who watches the videos can tell you that is NOT meteors or "space junk".

I have seen UFO's on more then one occasion one up close years ago. Watched all the footage myself, I have 20/20 vision as I am a trained observer. I have researched the subject religiously for the better part of 25 years. When I came in to this area I was just as naive and filled with such wonder, why YES it has to be Aliens! Given there is no proof what so ever that intelligent being from another planet have visited us. And back then I had a lack of understanding of aviation and current science. I had books upon books to entertain the idea so "they" the unknowns became Alien beings by default. I have read about every famous / semi-famous even unheard of case 10 times fold or more. Got my hands on every UFO book I could find.

But then I began to explore other alternate ideas, inter dimensional beings, time travelers, even astral to paranormal explanations. Hence there is no more proof it is of the ether or our realm then it is from off world. And so I learned over time through trial and error that critical thinking became educated on all factors, meteors, comets , ball lightning and black budget hardware being behind these occurrences. I also learned the Abduction phenomena was a reality and still am not privy to say what these "things" are. It eludes me. I still cant wrap my head around it.

Granted, I can't tell you it's a bonafide ET craft, either but I can tell you what it isn't.

Of course

I never understood (and still don't) the logic that says any possible other explanation one can come up with, whether it fits or not = debunked. Really, the ATS community should do itself a favor and label every user who comes into this thread making those BS claims so we all know who's who in the future and what the agenda is....

You will find most skeptics are fascinated by this topic as I am, even witnessed such phenomena. We are simply seperating the wheat from the chaff. Besides it is the crazies and the fanatics with nonsense and unfounded claims that keep us on our toes. They also provide hours of humor and comedy for free. And just because something is allegedly debunked does not make it official, it's just a shared over all opinion where the majority rules and logic trumps the challenge presented as "OMG 100% REAL UFO ALIEN THREAD" we often see here. What really matters is what it is to you and at the end of the day where you find yourself closer to the truth or far from it. I can tell you that you wont get it from a message board or a youtube video.

Still looks like falling debris burning up in the atmosphere
edit on 12-5-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I haven't had time to go through the whole thread, but I did look at all of the OP's videos on the first page.

The lights seem to be connected to each other. They are "locked" in place somehow. I feel like I can almost see a framework or grid-work between them during some of the flashes? Ok. So if I were to go with terrestrial options, I would say some kind of light frame (Black plastic?) with randomly blinking or programed lights, possibly with a balloon to keep it aloft. Motorized? Who knows. It seems pretty big, but we don't know how high up it is, so size is difficult to ascertain.

ET? I dunno. I'd need a lot more information. Was it dead silent? That could still be a helium balloon...
Did they suddenly take off in a burst of mega-speed? No... Is it absolutely gigantic - like a mile wide - something beyond what one could do with a balloon structure? Well - again, we don't know how big it is, or how high up it is - we don't know.

Well. They are very exciting to watch, and I would love for it to be ET, but there are too many other possibilities. They would have to do something "otherworldly" to convince me they were the real deal. And I do know there is a "real deal" - just not getting the vibe with this one...

My two cents...
peace,
AB

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
A textbook example of the break-up of a large piece of space junk / satellite entering the atmosphere. Why so many people want to pin this on Aliens and UFO's, it amazes me. The object(s) enter at a very shallow angle. You can see the pieces tumbling and ablating, they all stay relatively together then spread out according to weight and aerodynamics due to shape.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I think the chances are that it's reentering space junk like this , there's a lot of it up there .

Or it could be a Meteor like this .

Or it could be a shot down ET space ship .... Who knows

edit on 11-5-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

You are stretching your imagination too much if you think that they are space debris or meteorites falling. The original video has blinking lights. It's not falling btw. More like flying.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
why hasnt anybody thought of downloading the original video and editing it to a night vision filter so we can see the full shape of the craft????

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
i love how it's been identified as a satellite re-entry yet people are still saying it looks like a craft. it's NOT ALIENS. it WAS a craft but it was made on earth.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Nice catch ByBots

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well after being walked through the science with Jim and others -

Then reviewing the footage again - I can see where it could be space debris. It's a fair and acceptable explanation in my opinion - to this specific occurrence. Once a space agency confirms (correction - it has been confirmed) that it is actually space debris - this particular footage I'd say has been identified and case closed. That's a win! For both sides of the UFO debate.

Doesn't change the fact - unexplainable UFO instances have happened in the past. That still need to explained. Fewer and fewer legitimate, unexplainable UFO footage is found now a days. As JayinAR mentioned earlier in this thread - the school children in Zimbabwe comes to mind. Fewer and fewer of those sorts of episodes occurring.

Why? Is their technology (if alien et/ed) improving, and better able, to evade our detection? Or has our scientific understanding of the world around us - given us better tools to identify high strangeness events? Is their scientific interest in us done? Have they moved on? Or were they never here to begin with?

Going off on a tangent here but - I can think of many reason's why they woul want to make themselves known. We are demanding, willful creatures - with so many conditioned to believe someone else should come in and save us. I wouldn't willing take on that chore - considering our violent nature - if I was a passing space-faring species. Perhaps - if they were here - they have passed us up and said - no thanks - we'll be moving on.

At any rate. Congratulations, Bybots - for a successful, wonderful thread. And thank you - ATS membership, for making this thread such a fun read!

Cirque

edit on 12-5-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: correction

edit on 12-5-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: wrong word

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Blimp?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
In many of these threads, I enjoy how other facts come to light as a by-product of the actual sighting.

For example: although we now know this is confirmed space junk, during the video, people were cheering and clapping and laughing. And many folks claimed this was a giveaway that it was a hoax or a known event. And now after the fact, we know for certain that it was not a hoax, nor a known event - it was simply how people reacted to the lights in the sky.

So... next time a UFO thread surfaces, keep this in mind. If someone laughs or claps or has some emotion you don't feel is possible.. clearly.. it is. Some of you have preconceived notions on how someone is supposed to act during an event like this.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join