It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Bush won.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I live in Canada, and I think its amazing how when I talk to voting Americans, they truly believe Bush is a great person. His 4 years were in office were worth another 4. Being an outsider looking in, I completely see a big difference on the view of Bush. I noticed that when I asked why many people did not support Kerry, it was due to his "flip flopping". I think its odd that people would vote for a person who okays the murder of thousands of people, most innocent, hide the truth from the public and still manage to receive support. Of course here's where my WILD theory comes into play. I believe that somehow, someway, Bush has actually brainwashed these legions of supporters. I mean, logically, a half intelligent person would not vote for a "killer". The facts were always being presented to the public, via news of various sources, yet people seemed to be oblivous to them.

I noticed that since there was a "flu epidemic", there was an influx of flu shots given. Could the secret be somewhere in that? I dont know, but this election seemed awfully fishy.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Bush won because more people voted for him.

I voted for Badnarik myself but Bush won. It wasnt aliens or flu shots he was just the best liar

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Look, you vote for your PM and we will vote for our President. OK

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I think that Patriotism is the best weapon any government has when it comes to convincing the people it's actions are right. Alot of Americans were proud to be Americans before the Iraq war, alot still are, but what does this mean? Were those people who were proud to be American for all the right reasons betrayed by what they thought America stood for?

Things just keep getting better and better, but at least it makes for good conversation.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Weise]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Bush Is not a killer. Bush took out a Killer. This may be news to you but Sadam is not a nice Guy!! The things he did to his people are horrific. He pay 25ooo, to anyone who committed a a terrorist act on Americans. Sadam will go down ranked in the top 5 most evil dictators of all time.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by faiz
I live in Canada, and I think its amazing how when I talk to voting Americans, they truly believe Bush is a great person. His 4 years were in office were worth another 4. Being an outsider looking in, I completely see a big difference on the view of Bush. I noticed that when I asked why many people did not support Kerry, it was due to his "flip flopping". I think its odd that people would vote for a person who okays the murder of thousands of people, most innocent, hide the truth from the public and still manage to receive support. Of course here's where my WILD theory comes into play. I believe that somehow, someway, Bush has actually brainwashed these legions of supporters. I mean, logically, a half intelligent person would not vote for a "killer". The facts were always being presented to the public, via news of various sources, yet people seemed to be oblivous to them.

I noticed that since there was a "flu epidemic", there was an influx of flu shots given. Could the secret be somewhere in that? I dont know, but this election seemed awfully fishy.

How many Prime Ministers have you voted for in Canada? Please provide names and dates.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homey Bean
Bush Is not a killer. Bush took out a Killer. This may be news to you but Sadam is not a nice Guy!! The things he did to his people are horrific. He pay 25ooo, to anyone who committed a a terrorist act on Americans. Sadam will go down ranked in the top 5 most evil dictators of all time.

Yeah, and we will go down in history as the country that put him in power, sold him chemical weapons, then invaded him for having those weapons. woot! Let's not forget who created Sadaam, then fabricated his threat to teh rest of the world and seized his resources.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Bush Is not a killer. Bush took out a Killer. This may be news to you but Sadam is not a nice Guy!! The things he did to his people are horrific. Sadam will go down ranked in the top 5 most evil dictators of all time.

We put our men on foriegn soil to fight Terrorists in Afghanistan, we ended up in Iraq. So far I haven't seen any evidence to support the war in Iraq, Saddam may have been a ruthless killer but how will the US be remembered for all the innocent lives we've taken since our presence in Iraq. Will Bush be remembered as the man who carried out the very actions that brought our country to her knees?

With all the civilian deaths Bush has caused since the war started, will he be remembered as one of the 'top 5 most evil dictators of all time'? Is the American flag the Swastika of tomorrow?

There are some serious issues here people...

(Ps.
There were no personal attacks in this post directed at ANYONE, I just don't want my words to be misunderstood.)

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Weise]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Where were your bleed hearts when Sadaam was killing his own people?

You tell me why should we let a evil evil person remain in power when he is giving weapons to our enemies and paying them to attack us?

You cry for the innocent but what about the innocent that Sadaam killed before and would still be killing today if he still was in power.

What would you do just let him go on? and if we did and five years later you found out he was planning and out right attack on us with chemical or Nuc you would be the first to say why did we not do something about it before!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Yeah, and we will go down in history as the country that put him in power, sold him chemical weapons, then invaded him for having those weapons. woot! Let's not forget who created Sadaam, then fabricated his threat to teh rest of the world and seized his resources.

Other countries sold more chemical and other wmd to Saddam more than we ever did, and this is something that the Iraqis have acknowledged....

We did not create Saddam, he did very well to get in power by himself...and he was stopped a few times before he finally succeded ...we used him against Iran, which is one of the ways that many countries in the past, and in the present, have kept their enemies at bay, by funding the opposite armies.

Fabricated a threat?.....in this matter you are showing your ignorance of the events leading up to the war in Iraq...

Anyways....let's not get off the tangent and stay on topic.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Weise

Bush Is not a killer. Bush took out a Killer. This may be news to you but Sadam is not a nice Guy!! The things he did to his people are horrific. Sadam will go down ranked in the top 5 most evil dictators of all time.

We put our men on foriegn soil to fight Terrorists in Afghanistan, we ended up in Iraq.

Did you just send your men overseas, or to a specific battlefield? They ended up in Iraq somehow. I don't suppose you just decided to send your troops "overseas to fight the war on terror, wherever the US says it is." If they just ended up in Iraq, how did that happen?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf
Did you just send your men overseas, or to a specific battlefield? They ended up in Iraq somehow. I don't suppose you just decided to send your troops "overseas to fight the war on terror, wherever the US says it is." If they just ended up in Iraq, how did that happen?

Under Resolution 1441, which was voted unanimously by the UN, we went to Iraq. Read the Resolution, and then read through the UN what Saddam did ever since the first Gulf War up to the present war.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   

We put our men on foriegn soil to fight Terrorists in Afghanistan, we ended up in Iraq.

You need to reread my post i already told Why! You must have just over looked the FACT That He was Pay people to Attack us and Giving the Arms!! Hello!!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Under Resolution 1441, which was voted unanimously by the UN, we went to Iraq. Read the Resolution, and then read through the UN what Saddam did ever since the first Gulf War up to the present war.

If I read your post correct, you suggest we have UN authority for the "war" in Iraq. If that is correct, I am agreeing with you. The previous post said "We put our men on foriegn (sp?) soil to fight Terrorists in Afghanistan, we ended up in Iraq." I was merely trying to point out the fact that Aussies feel like they were mislead into Iraq.

I think I'm on your side.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   

You need to reread my post i already told Why! You must have just over looked the FACT That He was Pay people to Attack us and Giving the Arms!! Hello!!

I thought it was already made clear that there were no links between Saddam and Al-Quida (never could spell that word.)

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
One thing extremists have in common, stubborness. Like the Communist Chinese, Conservative Republicans would rather save face than ever concede that they are wrong. Amazing parallel, but very true. They will vouch for each other knowing that the person they are vouching for is wrong. You have no option but to give up. Trying to show them that they were wrong is fruitless and the more you persist, the more aggressive the denial.

Think about it. Try telling a fundamentalist right-wing Christian that the earth is billions of years old and see how far the conversation goes. Try telling a fundamentalist right-wing Christian that there is no Saddam/Al Qaeda link. Try telling a fundamentalist right-wing Christian that the reason they invaded Iraq was false.

"But we got rid of a psycho dictator"
"There were no Weapons of Mass Destruction� "
"That wasn't the justification you gave for invading"
"Oh but we got rid of a psycho dictator"
"Sigh"

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
One thing extremists have in common, stubborness. Like the Communist Chinese, Conservative Republicans would rather save face than ever concede that they are wrong. Amazing parallel, but very true. They will vouch for each other knowing that the person they are vouching for is wrong. You have no option but to give up. Trying to show them that they were wrong is fruitless and the more you persist, the more aggressive the denial.

Think about it. Try telling a fundamentalist right-wing Christian that the earth is billions of years old and see how far the conversation goes. Try telling a fundamentalist right-wing Christian that there is no Saddam/Al Qaeda link. Try telling a fundamentalist right-wing Christian that the reason they invaded Iraq was false.

"There were no Weapons of Mass Destruction� "
"That wasn't the justification you gave for invading"
"Oh but we got rid of a psycho dictator"
"Sigh"

I'll agree that the "reason" we invade Iraq was false. If I could time travel, I would be able to tell that the information given the President and Congress was incorrect and I am sure they would reverse their vote like I would.

As for the age of the earth, if you don't believe, you don't believe. One day you will.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_a_pilot
Look, you vote for your PM and we will vote for our President. OK

They don't even get to vote for their PM. They vote for a Member of Parliament. The MPs choose the Prime Minister!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I don't think you have told me why. What do you mean by "the FACT That He was Pay people to Attack us and Giving the Arms!! While I respect the fact that you may not speak English, it would help if you would translate (I admit it sucks that us Americans do not speak another language!)

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Ok so I made a typing error and you lack the ability to figure out what I was trying to say. Well then I guess you will never understand anything if this little mistake has mess you up so badly. Naw you understand your just Ducking!

PS. I was not speaking English, I was typing it.

Everyone want to bash Bush as a killer of the innocent yet they never seem to care about the innocent that Sadaam was killing. Nor do they ever offer up a solution as to what should have been done to stop this Evil Man! Your image of who the bad guy is, is very warp at the least. Bush is trying to get rid of people who kill innocent people every day. Bush is trying to stop people who promote Terrorism.

You do not like his policy? Fine Please Offer up your solution as to how to best deal with people who rule and terrorize the innocent like Sadaam did! Please Reply!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join