It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which animals are you scared of-and why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
My number one with a bullet: 1)BLACK MAMBAS-i had to kill one in my yard in December last year,right next to my house-they are deadly,and Very aggressive.
2)Baboons-have you seen the fangs on those? Luckily where i live,there are none nearby,only a clan of apes.
3)Horses-i have a totally illogical fear that when i'm near a horse,it's going to come up to me+bite me.
4)Spiders-ironically ,Not the ones that are the size of dinnerplates,but the small ones,like brown recluses,and black widows.The large ones you can see coming..and although they may inflict a sore bite,they're as a rule not dangerous.

And i'm not fond of bats,because they often carry rabies.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Which animals are you scared of
Humans.

and why?
Because they are dangerous.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Bees, bees and bees. Ive jumped out of a boat, almost wrecked my truck and have ran several hundred yards to get away from bees. Everyone in my family knows it and they get a kick out of watching me when a bee buzzes near me, its not a bit funny to me though.
I dont like scorpions either but, I can just stomp on them.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Oh DUHH
how could i have forgotten those?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Berzerked

I love bees,but the first time i was stung,it was on the tender flesh just by my armpit-i was standing with my arms up,hands clasped behind my head,in my garden.Next minute-OOUCH!!! my neighbour lady gave me a useful tip,apply dark vinegar-it worked too.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Spiders. Any that's larger than 1/8 inch.
They're just so creepy.

Bears
They'll kill you if you don't know how to handle them, or if it's a grizzly or polar bear, they'll just eat you.

Wild large cats ( lions, cougars, etc)
They'll also eat you

Some humans
Because some humans are very warped and/or broken.

If I was in a country with other large, sometimes violent animals (like baboons) that'll eat you, or rip you to pieces, I'd be scared of them too....

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

sharks, they are meant to kill and eat and if you ever come across one you are obviously in there territory, give them an unprecedented advantage. this goes for any ocean predator.

mountain lions, they are quick and fierce, if they decide to hunt you chances are you will lose. I was stalked once by one, it was a adrenaline rush, luckily noticed i when it was high on the ridge, she was waiting till her path and my path met. since i saw her with enough warning i was able to get to a paved road with light and get to the nearest shelter.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

When I was about 6 or 7, I was climbing over a fence in my backyard, part of the pole was hanging down and was hollow.
I was straddled on the fence when about 15 angry red wasps came out of the pole and started stinging my leg and back on my achilles heal area. I couldnt get off the fence, so they just kept stinging.
I could barely walk for a month after that, little bastards.

sharks, they are meant to kill and eat and if you ever come across one you are obviously in there territory, give them an unprecedented advantage

Oh, yea.. those too, terrified of sharks but thats easy to fix, dont go in the ocean.
Ive lived on the ocean for 15 years now and I can count on one hand how many times ive been in the surf.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Berzerked because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Spiders and wasp. Just typing this gives me the willies.

Like you say, I like to see what's coming after me. Wasp! Very aggressive and mean. Not to mention they hurt like hell.

Cursed

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
We don't have many except cougars, bears etc, but I guess mostly big dogs not on a leash..
They give me pause for a moment and put me into a combative state of mind ready to fight.

I'm not scared of people at all. Or lizards. Or birds.

I had zero fear when I went to Mexico and swam in the Pacific until I came back and read about all the sharks and what not that lurked presumably within eye sight but out of my spectrum's ability to perceive.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I forgot about wasps.
They'll attack you just because
They're very aggressive.

I don't mind bees. If they know that you're not going to harm them, they'll leave you alone. They only sting if they're scared. They're little mind readers.

Wasps don't care. They just want to hurt us.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

My hubby used to be a biker,till about 2 years before we met.Once he was riding along,and somehow a wasp got into his helmet-and started stinging,and kept on stinging.He did the quickest stop of his life
and removed his helmet,because his head was so sore,and of course a bit swelled up too-then he was stopped by traffic cops because he was'nt wearing the compulsory helmet-but when they saw what happened to him,they let him off-and with sympathy

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Wasps, hate those satanic looking things with their creepy eyes and dangling legs, no I see a wasp I'm gone if outside my door then I'm inside till it goes away.

Not sure why but I'm terrified of those damn things lol
edit on 9-5-2013 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Hey DH,Its easy for me to forget that something so ridiculously beautiful can be completely deadly-we don't have them in South Africa.Good thing you saw it soon enough!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Berzerked

Check my reply to SnowSpirit,and what happened to my hubby!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SgtCursed

Like these rain spiders:

and baboon spiders:

At least you see them coming-like,half a mile away

We call the rain spiders "ceiling faeries" because they sit there,on the ceiling,not very active spiders.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

No,you know i like them,we call them "Perde-bye" which translates to "Horse-bees" and makes no sense at all,but Afrikaners can be an eccentric bunch

Reason:they prey on spiders.The enemy of my enemy is my friend

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join