It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which animals are you scared of-and why?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Well Mexico is propably still a lot safer than Australia
I think the only safe thing there is oxygen-so far as we know

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Number one: poisonous snakes. I got bit by a Copperhead when I was sixteen- NOT FUN!!!

Number two: poisonous spiders. Got bit by a brown recluse in my twenties and still have the ugly scar to prove it, and hubby got bit by one in his thirties and had to be hospitalized.

I've been stung by all kinds of bees dozens of times but for some reason I don't let them bother me. Go figure!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Black widows, hands down.

I've lived at my house for less than a year and already found 5 of them.

Nothing that poisonous should be that sneaky.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Skunks, definitely skunks. I don't dislike them but they like me, they come running towards me with this big hideous smile on their face. I don't think it is a "You got any cookies" smile either. It's one of those "Lets find out how aware you are" smiles.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Hiii littled-NOT fun,i can imagine!!! it must have been helluva sore-were you sick for a while arter that? they look very poisonous.

I googled a pic of a severe recluse bite,and am still waiting on permission from a mod to post the photo-that guy did Not get off lightly! I've been stung by bees too,lots,also my kids,but we still adore bees

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You know,never once in my life,have i smelled a skunk's "perfume"-but i heard its pretty much "Eau de Charnel House"

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by danneu89

I HATE those-lucky i have'nt found any in my house yet-seriously,i would have the place fumigated if i were you,look:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Just killed a spider running across the living room floor.
~whew....

My heart is still pounding

It was black, about a half inch wide, and it was heading for the dog

I had to act fast, before it got on the dog, 'cause then I'd be scared it was somewhere on the dog all night

I slammed it with a book, then a slipper, vacuumed it up. Now my feet are up on the coffee table

This is what I hate about warm weather. Spiders wake up.
Bring back the snow!!!!!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
What animal am I scared of - Spiders

Why - Because they are freaking spiders!!!!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

The pics didn't load. Maybe I should be glad huh?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I know. I had an exterminator come and spray. Haven't found one since, but that was about 5 months ago. I assume I'm due for another encounter soon.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
There is nothing that scares me more than having a big rat in the house. I had one about 10 years ago. I seen it run between my sink and stove and I thought I was going to have a heart-attack. I was finally able to get rid of it but that still gives me nightmares every time I think about it.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

These are not even a little bit nice.

The Sydney Funnel Web.

We don't have the large animals that kill here. Except maybe if you get booted in the head by a horse or camel.
Dingoes are wild dogs not to be trusted around kids.
We have all the snakes and spiders though ... and drop bears.

Ed; We share the joys of Great White Sharks though.

edit on 9-5-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SgtCursed

Oh that's strange they show up for me,but anyway,here's another example of a rainspider:

And here is a picture i took this very morning,of one on my ceiling-i found it funny,just last night i'm talking about them,and here one shows up on my kitchen ceiling this morning!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
And here's your average baboonspider-my neighbour lady keeps finding them in her house,i've only had one in my washroom once.

Here is one i won't mind showing up-i know its a huge spider-but this is one Beautiful spider-unfortunately you don't find them in this part of the world-much as i dislike big spiders,if someone gave me a glass cage and one of these-i so would keep it as a pet.

edit on 10-5-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I also am very jittery when it comes to spiders. Pretty much for the same reasons you said. They are sneaky, have no manners, and can be lethally poisonous. Where I live we have widows and recluse as well. But it's not just the poisonous ones I'm afraid of because a lot of the time they scurry out and go back into hiding before you can even tell what it was. Poisonous or not, they're dastardly, ugly creatures.

A pretty decent sized spider landed in front of my face while I was trolling ATS with the lights out. It's leg-span was probably nickel-sized. I usually don't find them that big. Sure enough it landed where I couldn't kill it right away, and then it ran around my desk and hid. I have no clue where it's at and I'm still waiting for round 2!

Also, I tend to have a lot of nightmares with spiders in them. I tend to dream about them eluding me, crawling on me etc. And in my dreams I get the sensation that they're crawling on me when I sleep.

I'm not afraid of dogs in the same way as spiders, but I'm very shy and anxious around dogs. I hate them running up to the door and jumping at me, licking me etc. So, while I'm not afraid of dogs, I could definitely do without them (sorry, I know everybody loves their dogs.)

Edit: Oh, lord! Just saw the photos posted above my post. *vomits*
edit on 10-5-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kijne

You know the other day just as i opened my kitchen curtain-i saw my male cat heading full tilt towards my window with a huge rat in his mouth,just dangling and swaying,you know how cats love to bring l'il gifts

I don't like rats because i associate them with germs and disease-so i quickly closed the window and my daughter chased Gonzo out of the yard,where he either ate the rat-or lost it.I did'nt let him back in till he came returned with nothing dangling from his mouth!

This cute mouse ended up in the house 2 days ago-and managed to evade our 2 cats for a full day,till my husband managed to shoo it out-mice are cute.

It looked just like this,a kind of shrew,cute little thing.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Hi Buddha,yes that's why i LOATHE the small ones,and though i find the big ones creepy,i don't mind them so much.
You know though i absolutely love and adore dogs,i'm not fond of them licking one's face-because let's face it-dogs love disgusting things,and you never know what they were foraging around in.I keep my dogs inside most of the time,because our fences are dilapidated,which is why the neighbour's dogs are continuously coming into our yard too-my neighbour's fence has holes too.We cannot afford to have new proper fencing done,its a company house with a Huge yard-and the company is too stingy to fix the employees' fences.So as we live out in the african Bush,there's bound to be ape-poop,dead animals,etc.And there's always the danger of them eating something poisonous.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Yeah, I don't hate dogs. There's just so many things they do that doesn't make it an equitable pet/owner relationship to me. For example, my brother is the one with the dogs. And every time I visit them the dogs are always in the house. They refuse to put them outside (in their secure yard.) The dogs have the freedom to come and go (which is fine.)

But it can get annoying when dogs try to set a bone in my lap while I'm at the dinner table (or worse.) I know they're lovable creatures and their intentions are good...a lot of what they do just grosses me out when I'm trying to eat

Not to mention the messes, the destroyed furniture, etc. etc.

Member Carreau makes a good point though. A lot of people just don't know how to train and control their dogs. I bet I'd just adore a well-trained dog.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

If Im in the mountains its cougars, where I live I don't worry about much other than yellow jacket wasps because when I was young one got in my shirt and stung me so im always paranoid about that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join