It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which animals are you scared of-and why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Its wasps. Definitely wasps.

I fear them because I am allergic to them, and as stated earlier they are aggressive.

But thats ok, because many years ago, when I was a child, after I was lucky enough to find out I was allergic to them I swore a blood oath to take out as many of them as I could while I was breathing. Believe it or not, I used to find nests and stir them up and stand quite a ways away and pick the stragglers off with a wiffle bat.

We haven't had any battles in many years, for I am a little bit older and a lot of bit slower. Rest assured though, like North and South Korea, a truce has never been agreed upon. Its a tense situation at all times, and I swear to every diety that exists if I ever get stung again and live, I will pull out that wiffle bat, put War Ensemble on the ipod and commence the killing...........

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

I'll stand in rapt attention ready to bolt, scramble, or do the crazy "wasp-around-the-head" dance- muscles taut, legs straining under the strange neck-craning, tiptoe position Ive held for a good 5 mins, holding a can of Off, if I dont have Flying Insect Killer; or Roach Spray, if that's all Ive got, or WD40, if I dont have that- clutching a broom or a hose in my other hand, as sweeping a porch or watering is when Im in their thoroughfares... thus all Wasp Battles have begun in one of those 2 ways...

I will bust through a screen door to get away, i'll check every5 mins 10-15 times that a dead one's dead, I even personify them... a week later I KNOW it's one of those wasps that escaped the siege last week, come to exact revenge.

Worst is the time 1 disappeared into the lawn grass. The patch got my wary eye for an inordinate time after that (we're talkin days, here).

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I gonna get flamed for this...pit bulls.

Really, spider, snakes, wasps...meh...don't bother me at all...not even a little bit.

Of course all the large predators scare, lions, bears, sharks...and especially alligators (would hate to be
dragged underwater and drowned) but I never come into contact with those animals.

I know my fear is irrational as far as bulldogs go, but it is real. Put an angry snarling Doberman or
German Shepherd in my path and I have no fear. I think what can he do? Bite me? So what I'll
kick his furry ass. But a Pit has this look in his eye of complete resolve. I have friends with Pits.
Sweet lovable dogs. I even own one (trying to face my fear I guess). But with a Pit there is
always a hidden feral quality that is in the eyes. It is a look that says, no matter what you do to
me, I won't quit. So my fear is not so much the strength of the animal, it is the resolve. It is knowing
(or feeling) that I may not be able to take this animal on physically and get it to back down.

Like I said, an irrational fear...flame away

Come here Copper, nice boy...sit.....okay, well just stand there if you want....please quit staring at me

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I absolutely hate spiders and wasps. I tolerate spiders as long as they stay in their own little corner but they don't have to come close to me. It's just the creepy crawly thing they do that creeps me out. And I just stay the hell away from wasps. They hurt!

And maybe a litte weirder, I have something against cats. When i'm at my friends house and the cat tries to sit on my lap I just totally freeze up cause I don't like it. Don't know where that is coming from but I detest cats. Maybe its the nails, I don't know. Don't like the fact that they're kinda arrogant either.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The animal im MOST scared of, is a bit of a mystery. also called ABC's and Phantom cats. While Hunting 2 years ago, a huge black creature walked out of the woods on all 4 legs. It was about the size of an adult lion, looked like a cross between a Large dog, and a black Mountain lion. Only problem is there are no such thing as a black mountain lion in North America. There have many reports of this black cat in the south. A big mystery. As this creature walked right passed my friend and I, it took a few steps, cleared a logging road, and was just gone. Very scary, I hink if I hadnt been wearing camo, and in a tree stand, I would of been in a very dangerous situation.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The only animals I am scared of at the moment are the ones in the Tory government........vicious beasts they are..............

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Of course bees and large cats... wild snakes too.. I FEAR animals that I will come across daily... PIT BULLS are really dangerous dogs. My brother has 2 "pet babies" that he just loves and adores 80- lbs and 70 lbs.. Sorry guys. You are much more likely to see one of these near human inhabited areas..

I KNOW some of them are safe.. what about those that KILL for no reason??? Sorry I avoid all the above listed AND PIT BULL dogs

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I dont fear any creature. I respect the ones which could harm me, but in most scenarios involving animal attacks, fear is the least helpful emotion to express.

Alot of people are irrationally afraid of spiders. I LOVE spiders. Damn things are always near perfectly adapted for thier environments, perfect killers of thier chosen prey. I admire thier tenacity as a species also, because they are truely ancient.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'll tell you OK, but you cannot tell ANYONE because they might use it against me in nefarious and cruel ways

Bees, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets etc.

Not only the fact that they can sting you do they scare me, EVERYTHING about them makes me want to run for my life! I'm not even allergic (as far as I know) as I've always been able and fortunate to run away quick enough to avoid being stung.

I hate they way they move: Slowly, quickly, sporadically and unpredictably.

I hate their colors: When I see their black and yellow coats I CRINGE.

I hate the way they sound: If I hear buzzing anywhere in my vicinity my eyes instantly pop open and I immediately go on alert and stray away from wherever perceive the sound to be emitting from. If there's one outside and I'm by a building I'll stay inside with my face pressed up near a door/window until it's gone so I can safely come back outside.

I hate their homes: Not only bees, but their nests also equally terrify me. I won't go near one, even if it's known and proven to be a vacant one. I'll view it from a distance but even then it makes my stomach turn. When I see one, I vividly imagine it's elaborate internal structure as well as it's outer, in all it's leaf-like delicacy falling down from wherever it's hanging, and it somehow breaking open and it's contents swarming all over me.

I'll compulsively spring up from wherever I'm sitting or standing in a split second if someone even presents to me " one shred" of empty beehive as a prank (people have done it before). It's not funny at all so don't do it! You'll never see me bolt so fast!

I love summer, but the presence of bees is one aspect of it that I dread. A few years back I pulled into a car dealership and one managed to find it's way into my car, I flipped out, accidentally forgot to put the car in park before I sprung the door open in a desperate attempt to flee, the car started rolling forward and I knew I had to get back in quick and face my fear of being trapped in an isolated steel and plastic container with one of those devils so I could throw the break on and successfully put it in park with it STILL actively swarming around aimlessly in there! It was horrible!! Can't do much about them flying into the car when I'm driving, except now I consciously close all my windows when I'm driving passed areas that have a lot of trees, plants, and especially flowering trees where I believe the chances are greater that they will lingering around to find their way in.

My procedure, if one still somehow manages to fly into my car: I pull over as quick as I can, (and hopefully safely and not in the middle of oncoming traffic) immediately vacate the car, after I put it in park of course
open only one or two of the doors (not three or four because then it will take more time to shut them all after it leaves and in so doing it might be able to get back in right away right after exiting) and right when I see it fly out I shut all the doors and windows right away so it can't re enter. OR, if I don't witness it flying out, I listen to see if it's in there, If I don't hear it or see it anymore, I'll use a shirt or something and inspect the whole car cautiously for a few minutes until I am satisfied that it's gone and not sitting silently dormant under a seat or any other place I can't see it. ...They've fooled me before doing that, only to realize after I got back in the car it was still in there and I had to do it all over again!

So now you know. But be nice, and leave the bees out of it!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

If a horse is trained enough to come up to you, chances are it won't bite you, and you could pretty easily shoo it away. If feeding a horse, just be sure to flatten your hand, and it won't bite. If close to one, and you don't pay attention to it, and it then gets antsy about something, that's about the only time, and even then, usually just a little nip.

I won't kid you though, a bad horse bite can hurt big time. One of our mares got my wife good on the arm once, and it was a nasty bruise and wound.

I can't think of any creature I "fear", though I am certainly wary about snakes I can't identify, and things just as big as I am, that have pointy teeth and/or claws.
edit on 10-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Berzerked

Bees, bees and bees. Ive jumped out of a boat, almost wrecked my truck and have ran several hundred yards to get away from bees. Everyone in my family knows it and they get a kick out of watching me when a bee buzzes near me, its not a bit funny to me though.
I dont like scorpions either but, I can just stomp on them.

Bees will only sting if they are threatened.

I think they are beautiful peaceful creatures, and like to hold one when possible.

Wasps however - ARE PURE EVIL

edit on 10/5/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

My Dad was a stud breeder of thoroughbreds. Amazing how delicate they can be!

He had a quarter-horse as his personal ride. ( Rocky .... very quick - very sharp
)
As a youngster I had a nice old arab with a lounge chair canter.

The thing that sticks with me most about horses, is the story told by a trainer we were working with at the time.

Whilst mucking out stables one morning, this particularly bad natured mare swung around, grabbed a mouthful of shoulder and flung the trainer into the barn rail; and kept coming!

I have been feeding up and had problems with greedy horses rearing and striking etc.

Right now though, I have claws embedded in my leg by one of our 5 month old kittehs. Ouch.

So yeah, respect and common sense - goes a long way, regardless of specie !

OUCH !!!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Butterflies scare me

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Even cockroaches?

edit on 10-5-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123

Originally posted by Berzerked

Bees, bees and bees. Ive jumped out of a boat, almost wrecked my truck and have ran several hundred yards to get away from bees. Everyone in my family knows it and they get a kick out of watching me when a bee buzzes near me, its not a bit funny to me though.
I dont like scorpions either but, I can just stomp on them.

Bees will only sting if they are threatened.

I think they are beautiful peaceful creatures, and like to hold one when possible.

Wasps however - ARE PURE EVIL

edit on 10/5/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

When I say "Bees" im generalizing.. I mean all those evil bastards that have wings and a stinger. honeybees, wasps, yellow jackest, bumble bees, hornets, those little black bees that dig holes in the ground, and the ones that look just like them that bore holes in wood.. I hate them all

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ants. The swarming varieties are the worst.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

Just some of the reasons we muck the stalls and prep their feed and hay while they are still out grazing...

Just too cramped in there, with them in with you, and no need for it.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Bugs! Mainly spiders, bees, earwigs, and any other biting or stinging bug.

They freak me the hell out, mainly because they are usually pretty small and can wind up in areas you dont expect. In your shoe, inside your pant leg (before or after you put the pants on), in your food or beverage can.

With spring here i have had an issue with carpenter ants recently, huge black ants! They are harmless for the most part, but if i find out on me, or near me when i didn't expect it, i cant help springing up and freaking out like a big old wussy!

DC

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

We are great lovers of Great Danes-my whole family-but one thing about Danes;They have noo concept of their size,they seem to have this idea that they are lapdogs.We had this magnificent male Dane called Gary,who used to just come and plonk himself down on our laps-and my oldest female,Ladybug,does exactly the same-its just a Dane thing

The hilarious thing about massive /gary was,that he felt about small things the way the average person feels about spiders,things like hamsters,eg-completely gave him the heebie-jeebies,Our hamster got out once,and as it ran by close to Gary,that Dane tried to climb onto the diningroom-table,i swear

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Hey there Gazrok,yes it's a completely illogical fear,i,ve been shown that if you want to feed a horse an apple,for instance,you hold your hand out flat,so it can take the apple without accidentally nipping you.I think they are wonderful animals,beings,and the human race has owes them a great debt of gratitude.Still,that stupid fear always niggles at me when close to a horse,so i just never turn my back on one

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join