It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL Reason Israel Attacked Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
When I had first heard of the strikes, I kinda thought that as well, that the strikes were to try to draw Iran into the conflict which would then open doors for a war on Iran. But seems that it didn't play out as intended. But now once groups like Hamas and Hezbollah start their attacks (increase their attacks that is), it would give Israel another reason to strike Iran for being the "supplier" of these extremist groups.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If how the video put it, is true, and all this for a cash in on the oil that Iran is sitting on. Wouldnt it be crazy, if Syria/Iran did nothing, being they say NATO is the ones who actually helped with the chemical weapons? What better way to show innocence than to turn the other cheek while your enemy lashes out? Im not pro Iran, Im pro peace, and if this is another Shock & Awe basically, then someones motives will be exposed. Though that will most likely not happen.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Are you ignoring the countless times Hezbollah used Syria (Edit: Correction) as their HQ to arm and send out attacks on Israel? You pro-Muslim and Palestine sympathizers seem to always ignore and purposely excuse that.

Maybe the latest air strikes are simply strategic retaliation meant to cut off Hezbollah (via Iran) supplies and targets of value.....rather than pointlessly drawing others into a war that would cost more resources. Perhaps Israel doesn't feel like sitting around while the terror groups continue to kill civilians on their land. Perhaps there's no conspiracy.
edit on 8-5-2013 by WilliamOckham because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

Jews don't recognize Revelation as Scripture. Not even ZIONIST Jews....

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by seabag

Sounds like a smart move by Israel rather than an intentional provocation of Iran!

Sure, but no matter how you slice it, it is a direct violation of sovereignty and an act of war. Of course, Israel knows that Syria and Iran aren't going to do anything real about it, so they simply quit worrying about what others think just as they always have. While constantly breaking international law, I kind of respect them for sticking to their guns in they way they handle enemies. Not the most diplomatic solution, however...and certainly does nothing to help the situation.

Israel knows the difference between a real threat and a few activists with access to weapons, ordinarily Israel responds with air strikes to being attacked (at least in more modern times). If they strike at a target on foreign soil you can pretty much bet there was a good reason for it, as much as they know Syria and Iran aren't about to get into any form of war, they won't take any chances at being hit by atomic, biological or chemical weapons.

Cody

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The civil war in Syria is very much between two Muslim factions. Hence the biggest backers are Iran on one side and Saudi Arabia and Qatar on the other. Other countries may be meddling but I still think this is closer to what went on in Yugoslavia. And the similarities don't end there either - both sides in that conflict were accused of firing on their own side (civilians) to cause a "reaction". So depressingly, this use of Sarin does not surprise me (killing their own people).

I mention this as personally, I could accept Israel stopping some trucks on the border by aerial means - this could have been discrete and the fuss would have died down quickly. However, the bombing of Damascus and actually killing many soldiers in the process - seems at complete odds with the way that the US and other western countries are dealing with the conflict (who are on a much more low key level).

So there could be something more in this attack as a statement or provocation.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

However, the bombing of Damascus and actually killing many soldiers in the process - seems at complete odds with the way that the US and other western countries are dealing with the conflict (who are on a much more low key level).

You’re right about that. Obama certainly is low key about certain issues, especially anything ME related. He’s much more concerned about certain domestic issues.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by yamammasamonkey
reply to post by Zaanny

Funny, Zionist Jews don't give any credence to the Book of Revelation.

I hate turning political debates into a religious issue, but since you brought it up...

Revelations 3:9

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

"Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee."

I think that is relevant to current day Israel, and it's directly from Revelations.

By the way I am not religious but do study various things including religion.
edit on 5/8/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Firstly Israel's intelligence is amongst (if not) the best in the world.

Perhaps if you consider outright lies and propaganda to be intelligent. Most of their "intelligence" is fabricated, unproven, baseless allegations.

Contrary to common belief Israel does not attack other countries without a reason.

There is a reason that it's common belief that Israel attacks other countries without reason, the main reason being is that they do so on a regular basis.

If you all remember Eilat was hit by rockets from the Sinai a short while ago, the response militarily ? Nothing.

What was the death toll from this alleged rocket attack into Eilat from the Sinai? And what proof do we have that these rockets were in fact fired from the Sinai? And what proof do we have on who actually fired these rockets?

I certainly hope the proof that we have to go by isn't Israeli intelligence since Israeli intelligence is unreliable and cannot be trusted.

As for the recent statement that Assad has given Gaza militants orders to attack Israel, I believe that the original source was proven to be Israeli propaganda and a hoax...I could be wrong about that so please do not consider this final statement of mine to be a factual claim as I cannot prove it.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

As for the recent statement that Assad has given Gaza militants orders to attack Israel, I believe that the original source was proven to be Israeli propaganda and a hoax...I could be wrong about that so please do not consider this final statement of mine to be a factual claim as I cannot prove it.

Are you stating that Assad's government hasn't aided and funded terrorists in Gaza that attack Israeli targets? Or are you just saying he didn't give the recently reported "orders" to attack?

You're painting a picture here and I want to make sure I'm seeing the colors clearly.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think Israel is using a hostile situation, flexing its muscles, while no one can stop them at the moment. Take out weapons or facilities it thinks hostile..

War with Iran? I think if they really wanted that, they would have already struck any Nuclear facilities they could have.

I think Israel is weary of Turkey though. NATO or not. If attacking Syria is trying to push Iran into a war, they are making a mistake.
edit on 8-5-2013 by sonnny1 because: spelling

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Are you stating that Assad's government hasn't aided and funded terrorists in Gaza that attack Israeli targets? Or are you just saying he didn't give the recently reported "orders" to attack?

I have no doubt that Assad supports "terrorist Hamas" in Gaza in various ways, the same ways that the USA supports "terrorist Israel" but to compare the amount of aid between the two would be simply unrealistic. Just allies helping allies right?

That being said, I was stating I am under the impression that the story floating around a few days ago about him ordering Gaza militant factions to attack Israel was proven to be a hoax/Israeli propaganda...as I said I cannot prove this to be a hoax but the evidence of it being a hoax was rather convincing.
edit on 5/8/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Iran is too busy building their bombs to respond. They are very very close and the last thing they need right now is some conflict to derail their progress.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I have no doubt that Assad supports "terrorist Hamas in Gaza in various ways, the same ways that the USA supports "terrorist Israel" but to compare the amount of aid between the two is simply unrealistic.

So if you believe Assad and the Syrian government do support attacks against Israel by proxy then you must admit that is an act of war. If so, Israel's recent strikes should be considered retaliatory. No?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Iran is too busy building their bombs to respond. They are very very close and the last thing they need right now is some conflict to derail their progress.

I agree with that.

Once they have the bomb, the playing field will be different.

Then maybe you will see Countries playing the nuclear card. We cant forget the religious playbook they are all playing from.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have to say it...Israeli intelligence is so good because they also make the odd terrorist prediction come true on their own.
The strike was very liely about what the Israelis fear most...not chemical weapons, but anti aircraft missiles of
sufficient ability to threaten IDF aircraft as they violate their neighbours borders daily.
Without the airpower which Israel projects.....it is rough to accomplish their agendas.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

So if you believe Assad and the Syrian government do support attacks against Israel by proxy then you must admit that is an act of war. If so, Israel's recent strikes should be considered retaliatory. No?

I think many feel that Israel is the aggressor because of Palestine.

Many forget or fail to realize that the Arabs in that region had and have no problems selling their brothers short for a few shekels. Before Israel was even a Nation. One cannot forget the wars Arab Nations started with Israel.

I also think some believe that the playing field should be equalized.

Im for the US to to step out of the field. That said, let them kick rocks.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
And if the Arabs and Muslimns arent fighting Israel then they are fighting amonst themselves. Barbarics.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
And if the Arabs and Muslimns arent fighting Israel then they are fighting amonst themselves. Barbarics.

Shhhhh.........

The common enemy is Israel, I mean terrorist Zionists.

Dont forget this.............

The Saudi king was recorded as having "frequently exhorted the US to attack Iran to put an end to its nuclear weapons programme", one cable stated. "He told you [Americans] to cut off the head of the snake," the Saudi ambassador to Washington, Adel al-Jubeir said, according to a report on Abdullah's meeting with the US general David Petraeus in April 2008. [...]

News World news Iran The US embassy cables Saudi Arabia urges US attack on Iran to stop nuclear programme

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Double

edit on 8-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join