It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL Reason Israel Attacked Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This is an interesting take on the situation between Israel and Syria.

According to this report, the recent air strikes by Israel against Syrian targets have one goal in mind - to topple Syria and draw Iran into an open confrontation. This would give the US and NATO the pretext for an all-out invasion of Iran. A UN investigation determined that the use of chemical weapons in Syria was done by NATO backed rebels rather than the Syrian government, as initially claimed. This is why Obama backed down from his “red-line” comments. Apparently Israel wasn't happy about this revelation so it wanted to initiate further action.

Is this an intentional provocation to draw Iran into a conflict or is that claim simply more 'Israel hating'? After all, we’ve seen Israel on numerous occasions conduct limited strikes on very specific targets with a very specific objective; eliminating threats. So why would this be any different? Why all the fear and war mongering claims now?

What say you? Is this the road to WW3 or were these strikes simply a preemptive, opportunistic move by Israel designed to protect it’s interests?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I thought it was because ZIONIST Jews want the book of revelation to come to be.....

edit on 8-5-2013 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
I thought it was because ZIONIST Jews want the book or revelation to come to be.....

That very well might be the case but I think if Israel wanted war with Iran they could do a little better at provoking Iran than 2 small strikes on insignificant targets in Syria.

What was suggested in the video doesn't makes sense....seems too subtle. I think it would take more than that to draw Iran into certain destruction.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think they like to look over the fence and deal with issues before they reach their backyard.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
reply to post by seabag

I think they like to look over the fence and deal with issues before they reach their backyard.

Israel’s history of limited, precise strikes seems to indicate exactly that.

I think anytime Israel makes a move it gets the conspiratorial juices flowing in some people.

I certainly don’t see how risking a potential nuclear exchange in its backyard and further inflaming the Muslim nations in the ME by drawing Iran into conflict would be beneficial to Israel. Israel might not survive that exchange.

edit on 8-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

What was suggested in the video doesn't makes sense....seems too subtle. I think it would take more than that to draw Iran into certain destruction.

But it can't be too obvious right. The only way to keep it subtle and still have it meaningful enough to draw Iran in is to have multiple incidences that seem more and more "evil" while making it seem like they are trying to hide this fact. This would be one of the beginning incidences.

I don't think that's the case either however.

I'll go see the vid now.

EDIT: nvm already watched. I don't agree with the video.
edit on 5/8/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

But it can't be too obvious right. The only way to keep it subtle and still have it meaningful enough to draw Iran in is to have multiple incidences that seem more and more "evil" while making it seem like they are trying to hide this fact. This would be one of the beginning incidences.

I guess if you (anyone) expect that’s what Israel is doing then anything Israel does could be considered a subtle provocation.

I don't think that's the case either however.

I just don’t see how an All Out War with Iran is going to end well for Israel, so I find it hard to believe this was an intentional jab/provocation towards Iran. Much of the rhetoric coming from the ME on all sides is simply tough talk and saber rattling. I think Israel would much rather the UN deal with Iran through non-violent means than initiate a war that would undoubtedly have negative consequences.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Syria/Iran won't take the bait imo but Russia and China will:
sathiyam.tv...
www.thenational.ae...
The attack on Syria was a complete backfire as muslim sympathists will now come to the defence of Syria as a response to Israeli aggression:
www.slate.com... gn=button_toolbar
www.kurdpress.com...=
www.nytimes.com...
news.yahoo.com...
edit on 8-5-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

The attack on Syria was a complete backfire as muslim sympathists will now come to the defence of Syria as a response to Israeli aggression.

It can only be considered a “backfire” if you believe Israel was attempting to do something other than destroy the targets it fired upon.

According to a report in THIS THREAD by Wrabbit2000, Israel is suspending it’s use of White Phosphorus shells.

Wrabbit200 wrote:

It seems the Israeli Defense Force has decided to drop the use of W.P. munitions entirely, for alternatives that work just as well, without the controversy or frankly, human costs when it does hit people.

To me, this is a sign Israel is trying NOT to provoke anyone but rather looking to eliminate threats.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

With that logic,considering what Israel did to "illiminate a threat" (3 times in Syria this year i might add and one on Sudan) it should be completely acceptable and come as no surprise that Syria/Iran, in fact all nations should illiminate threats against them too where ever they may be,even if it means breaking international law,what a lovely planet this would be
In fact why don't i kick my neighbors ass right now for being friends with somebody that might pee on my flowers.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

That very well might be the case but I think if Israel wanted war with Iran they could do a little better at provoking Iran than 2 small strikes on insignificant targets in Syria.

I agree.

But you have to consider this as merely 1 action is a series of actions. As well, Israel has to draw Iran in but make it look like their own doing. Israel is well versed at getting it's enemies to react when they need them to, in the exact manner they need them to.

I just don't think Iran is dumb enough to fall for it, it's going to take a lot to draw Iran into a conflict, they know all too well the only reason they aren't being bombed right now is public opinion.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

I thought it was because ZIONIST Jews want the book or revelation to come to be.....

This might be the objective along with attempting to draw Iran into a full confrontation. The only problem is that instead of getting Revelation they most likely will get Ezekiel. That I guarantee they don't want yet it could be a combined conflict. Either way, it won't end well.

By attacking Syria, Israel is poking the Bear and the Bear has told them to stop. As for Iran, the Dragon has a vested interest in the Iranian oil reserves. It's not a good idea to start a conflict with Iran via Syria as the US could not support a military action against both a Russian and Chinese front. Any attempt to would lead to a swift retaliation.

Now If Israel wants to discover what it's like to face a real military, then keep attacking Syria and they will discover the result with a very angry Bear.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

1 thought Israel found information that was sensitive of chem weapons and other related activities and found many present and so moved forward upon...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I love how people think the Iranians are stupid.

Don't you think they know what will happen if they attack Israel at this point? Of course it will give the world a reason to attack them in force.

They are so close to their nuclear weapon do you really think they are going to risk all out war before getting it? Especially over a nothing country like Syria?

Why not just wait a year or two until its developed and tested before you take action. Iranians are not as dumb as people think they are.

I have no doubt they know when they are being provoked and I bet you will see them take a very stately demeanor until their bomb is ready.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

With that logic,considering what Israel did to "illiminate a threat" ,it should be completely acceptable and come as no surprise that Syria/Iran should illiminate threats against them too,even if it means breaking international law.

What threat does Israel pose to Syria or Iran? Israel isn’t the one who backs terrorist organizations that fire rockets into other countries daily resulting in hundreds of innocent men, women and children killed.

What threat are Syria and Iran fighting against exactly by supporting Hezbollah and Hamas and their violent attacks??

edit on 8-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by seabag

1 thought Israel found information that was sensitive of chem weapons and other related activities and found many present and so moved forward upon...

That was what we were told but apparently the UN has a different take:

“Our investigators have been in neighboring countries interviewing victims, doctors and field hospitals and, according to their report of last week which I have seen, there are strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof of the use of sarin gas, from the way the victims were treated,” Del Ponte said in an interview with Swiss-Italian television.

“This was use on the part of the opposition, the rebels, not by the government authorities,” she added, speaking in Italian.
link

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

What threat does Isreal pose to Syria? hmm lets see..www.youtube.com...
I'm done with you man,you can argue with me till your blue in the face,but the fact is Syria was bombed and it's citizens died
I understand the situation in the middle east but this attack on Syria came completely unprovoked,you can point fingers to all sides usually but this time it's squarly on Israel.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
From what I gathered, Syria is an ally to Iran and would have reacted if Iran was attacked by the west. Basically toppling Assad is part of the encroachment on Iran, so the US can get ahold of the oil there, which has been tried for decades now. If I remember correctly, it also doesn't have a Rothschild bank and would rather sell their goods in Euro (much like Iran) which is the reason why both are dubbed as a "terror state".

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sirrurg
From what I gathered, Syria is an ally to Iran and would have reacted if Iran was attacked by the west. Basically toppling Assad is part of the encroachment on Iran, so the US can get ahold of the oil there, which has been tried for decades now. If I remember correctly, it also doesn't have a Rothschild bank and would rather sell their goods in Euro (much like Iran) which is the reason why both are dubbed as a "terror state".

History is filled with accounts of broken alliances.

They are hardly as cemented as you may think they are.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I have no doubt they know when they are being provoked and I bet you will see them take a very stately demeanor until their bomb is ready.

I think Israel knows this, too! That is why I think Israel is stepping up and taking some limited actions now rather than waiting until Iran really could respond with devastating result. I don’t think Israel wants war; it does want to prevent Iran from having nukes.

I’m surprised anybody wants Iran to have nukes but there are many who think it’s a great idea (many on this site)!!

My biggest hope is that Iran is prevented from acquiring nukes and no matter what happens US isn’t drawn into another conflict. A nuclear Iran poses a much bigger threat to its neighbors in the region than it does to US, so ME countries should police their own neighborhood and US should stay out of it!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join