It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL Reason Israel Attacked Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

What threat does Isreal pose to Syria? hmm lets see..www.youtube.com...
I'm done with you man,i understand the situation in the middle east but this attack on Syria came completely unprovoked,you can point fingers to all sides usually but this time it's squarly on Israel.

Of course it’s Israel’s fault!!

Everything is Israel’s fault, man!!

Whatever!!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If Isreal wanted Iran they would just hit Iran. It would not make very many people happy but, the US and the Arab states (on the DL) would have no choice but to support them and move against Iran. However Isreal knows Iran is an even bigger threat to the Arab states and in the end it will be the and the US that deals with Iran if and when the time comes.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Hopechest

I have no doubt they know when they are being provoked and I bet you will see them take a very stately demeanor until their bomb is ready.

I think Israel knows this, too! That is why I think Israel is stepping up and taking some limited actions now rather than waiting until Iran really could respond with devastating result. I don’t think Israel wants war; it does want to prevent Iran from having nukes.

I’m surprised anybody wants Iran to have nukes but there are many who think it’s a great idea (many on this site)!!

My biggest hope is that Iran is prevented from acquiring nukes and no matter what happens US isn’t drawn into another conflict. A nuclear Iran poses a much bigger threat to its neighbors in the region than it does to US, so ME countries should police their own neighborhood and US should stay out of it!!

I believe its pretty much a forgone conclusion that Iran will get them. I am against only because its probably going to set off an arms race and create a hegemony in the region but oh well.

And if you think that Iran doesn't have a good idea of what they may get hit with and have bunkered up accordingly I think that would be making a big mistake.

Obama seems reluctant to offer full support and although Israel can do it by themselves it is stretching them fairly thin. I think they may not even try and just accept the fact they have a nuclear power close to them.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

If Isreal wanted Iran they would just hit Iran. It would not make very many people happy but, the US and the Arab states (on the DL) would have no choice but to support them and move against Iran.

I agree! I don’t think Israel would be pussyfooting around with 2 air strikes in Syria if they wanted war with Iran.

Israel would go after Iran directly. Israel knows the US would come to its aid no matter who started it…sad but true.

edit on 8-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Israeli defence minister indicates responsiblity for airstrike on Syria:
www.canada.com...
jn1.tv...
edit on 8-5-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

Funny.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by seabag

Israeli defence minister indicates responsiblity for airstrike on Syria:
www.canada.com...
jn1.tv...

So what?

There is no disputing that Israel carried out the 2 strikes. According to your source, U.S. officials said Israel targeted anti-aircraft weapons bound for the terrorist group Hezbollah. Sounds like a smart move by Israel rather than an intentional provocation of Iran!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by all2human

With that logic,considering what Israel did to "illiminate a threat" ,it should be completely acceptable and come as no surprise that Syria/Iran should illiminate threats against them too,even if it means breaking international law.

What threat does Israel pose to Syria or Iran? Israel isn’t the one who backs terrorist organizations that fire rockets into other countries daily killing hundreds of innocent men, women and children each year.

What threat are Syria and Iran fighting against exactly by supporting Hezbollah and Hamas and their violent attacks??

edit on 8-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

How do you "daily kill hundreds each year?" Do you mean that every day, hundreds are killed, or that hundreds are killed every year, and some of it happens every day?

Oh, btw, I think you mean "a few" people are killed every year, because that's what the actual statistics are.en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It could be more subtle than that.

Firstly Israel's intelligence is amongst (if not) the best in the world.

Contrary to common belief Israel does not attack other countries without a reason. If you all remember Eilat was hit by rockets from the Sinai a short while ago, the response militarily ? Nothing.

Assad has given Palestinians permission to attack Israel from the Golan border

PRESIDENT Bashar al-Assad's regime has given a Palestinian militant group permission to set up missiles to attack Israel in the wake of recent Israeli airstrikes on the Syrian capital, a spokesman for the group has said.

Source

When that happens it will be like what happens when Missiles are fired from Gaza, Israel will retaliate with air strikes. It will get bad for a while, Iran will call for Israel's destruction. It will all kick off again in Gaza. Israel will 'prove' that the Gazan's are being supplied from Iran by showing an Iranian made rocket and ask if it can now please attack Iran.

I could be wrong but it if all kicks off again and my kids insist on staying may God protect them.

Just my thoughts on the matter

Cody

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Russia China and Iran are not happy with what is going on in Syria at all ,particularly with Israel's latest attempt....And if Israel is saying the hell with them all and keeps pushing the buttons,,then I am not sure if she can survive the response and get out of the retaliations intact....This is like walking in a highway in the opposite direction,a desperate suicidal act...It looks too Hollywood to be true.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

Funny, Zionist Jews don't give any credence to the Book of Revelation.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
And here I thought it was only because they liked to bully other countries once in a while because they could.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I completely agree....Iran is all about the bomb. Once they have it, they'll be in a much better position to complete their goals to destroy Israel and detonate nukes on US soil.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

How do you "daily kill hundreds each year?" Do you mean that every day, hundreds are killed, or that hundreds are killed every year, and some of it happens every day?

Oh, btw, I think you mean "a few" people are killed every year, because that's what the actual statistics are.en.wikipedia.org...

Edited for you: What threat does Israel pose to Syria or Iran? Israel isn’t the one who backs terrorist organizations that fire rockets into other countries daily resulting in hundreds of innocent men, women and children killed.

And I stand corrected. Several dozen Israelis have been killed since 2001, not several hundred.

Some of you complain about Israel's provocations yet they pail in comparison to what Syrian-backed terrorists have done to Israel. How many rocket related deaths on US soil would it take before US took action. I believe if a single American died from s foreign rocket that hit US soil the country responsible would be a glowing heap of glass in hours.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I mean, isn't it just possible that they didn't want Hezbollah to have these weapons? If somebody is giving a gun to someone who hates me, I'd love to have the opportunity to airstrike the weapon from their hand.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegrayman123
I mean, isn't it just possible that they didn't want Hezbollah to have these weapons? If somebody is giving a gun to someone who hates me, I'd love to have the opportunity to airstrike the weapon from their hand.

I know, right?

I guess that's too clean and logical for some to believe. When you believe Jews are responsible for the worlds ills then you can't possibly believe Israel is just taking steps to defend itself from aggressors.

Everything is an Israeli conspiracy.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

edit on 8-5-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

According to this report, the recent air strikes by Israel against Syrian targets have one goal in mind - to topple Syria and draw Iran into an open confrontation. This would give the US and NATO the pretext for an all-out invasion of Iran.

I just caught myself wondering whether some paranoid bureaucrat from Iran was somehow behind this OP, lol.

If Obama had no wish to enforce his red line on Syria, why would he have Israel do something to make the chance of a bigger war with Iran, suddenly more likely?

I have no love whatsoever for Mr. Obama but... this one seems a bit far fetched.

History has shown time and time again that Israel will not hesitate to reach out and ratslap a neighbor if they are doing something to threaten its well being. And considering the neighborhood, how can you blame them? They destroyed a nuclear facility being built in Iraq. They did the same to one in Syria.

Here there was a series of shipments of advanced weaponry... likely missiles, that was being transferred to Hizbollah either from Syria or from Iran via Syria. To have allowed that stuff to pass unchecked would have been criminal negligence on the part of the Israeli government.

My dime.

edit on 8-5-2013 by redoubt because: typo repair1

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm not disagreeing with anyone who says there is an Israeli agenda.

I'm just betting that part of their agenda is "not get blown up in the meantime." It's completely logical and reasonable for this to just be them protecting themselves.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Sounds like a smart move by Israel rather than an intentional provocation of Iran!

Sure, but no matter how you slice it, it is a direct violation of sovereignty and an act of war. Of course, Israel knows that Syria and Iran aren't going to do anything real about it, so they simply quit worrying about what others think just as they always have. While constantly breaking international law, I kind of respect them for sticking to their guns in they way they handle enemies. Not the most diplomatic solution, however...and certainly does nothing to help the situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join