It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Hellyer Claims Two ET's Are Working With The US Government!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER
If ET were to come visit the earth, they'd likely come exactly the way Jesus did. By incarnating as one of us.

That solves a lot of technical problems. They have to get used to our particular gravity. Which is unlikely to be similar to their own planet.

They have to learn our language to talk to us. So, why not just grow up here?

That's a lot of assumption mixed in with personal beliefs & hearsay.

As far as we know, Yeshua (Jesus) was a normal Jewish peasant with some new age/peace ideas borrowed from the Essenes. Hardly alien or superhuman. His teachings were not new/his. Evidence points to him being an Essene Jew. (See: This and This)

Anyway, If the alien race has mastered travel across vast distances, surely, communication with a primitive race is not beyond their capabilities. You would simply need a basic understanding of math and pointing at things so, you can learn how each of you refers to it. If they lack vocal chords, then pictures...they are literally worth a thousand words. There's a whole lotta nonsense surrounding the usual UFO Hearings crowd.
edit on 6-5-2013 by WilliamOckham because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
That's some fascinating bull$hit.

Don't get me wrong, the claim itself is interesting. But since it is still so implausible sounding - and coming from a man verging on 90 (senility, possibly?) - one wonders whether his imagination has run amok.

Now, I don't know how many case reports you have read on senility, but it is common knowledge that people with certain types of dementia interpret imaginative happenings in their head as real events. What may have been an imaginative thought they may once have had, or developed over the years, somehow becomes framed in the conscious mind as real: the self sees it as reflective of it's real history.

Not saying this is the case, but seeing how this is real, it can't be completely excluded from the realm of possibility.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
thank you for sharing this,

i'll be sharing as well..

excellent video, imo...

please share

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

You have a way of pinning things down that works well. However, I'm not convinced that just because someone has a tendency to gullibility, it means he doesn't know anything. Religious people in particular have a tendency to be gullible, but can nevertheless gain credible yet previously unknown information through position in government.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
lol @ 10 years.. Who the hell does this guy think he is??!!

He's a delusional ex politician, in all probability.

10 freaking years.....until the earth goes capoot? Holy hell. This guy should be paying attention to what the climatologists are saying, and not making claims on his own - without any basis, other than, of course, being given "insider knowledge" by his alien companions.

Let me tell you something. This internet of ours is teeming with wacko New Age conspiracy sites - abundanthope.net, 4winds.org, etc, making claims day in and day out about the nature of our existence. Every 4 or 5 months, a new doomsdayish scenario is on the forefront. Sometimes, the whole world is put into a "stasis" without our even knowing.

Any rational person, anyone remotely educated in psychology, and understands the nature and prevalence of delusion, cannot help but infer that these people are mentally impaired. Perhaps it's from all the "channelling" they're doing. I don't know what it is they're channelling, but its information contradicts that given to others; on that ground alone, it should be understood that this business of tapping into unconscious processes and "entities" from "beyond" is more or less worthless. It may be extremely entertaining, and meaningful as a subjective experience, but it's objective worth is highly suspect.

It should really go without saying that in all probabiliy, by the year 2021, the world will still be here, the temperature will be more or less the same... true, we do have our climate issues; Chinas turn towards building a middle class society will probably worsen the situation. But I sincerely doubt matters are as dire as this fanatic old man imagines them to be.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
thank you for sharing, I wish ALL Humans could watch this, learn and take action to free ourselves....

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
That's some fascinating bull$hit.

Don't get me wrong, the claim itself is interesting. But since it is still so implausible sounding - and coming from a man verging on 90 (senility, possibly?) - one wonders whether his imagination has run amok.

Now, I don't know how many case reports you have read on senility, but it is common knowledge that people with certain types of dementia interpret imaginative happenings in their head as real events. What may have been an imaginative thought they may once have had, or developed over the years, somehow becomes framed in the conscious mind as real: the self sees it as reflective of it's real history.

Not saying this is the case, but seeing how this is real, it can't be completely excluded from the realm of possibility.

Daniel Schacter has written extensively on distortions of memory and the “source confusions” that go with them, and in his book Searching for Memory recounts a well-known story about Ronald Reagan:

In the 1980 presidential campaign, Ronald Reagan repeatedly told a heartbreaking story of a World War II bomber pilot who ordered his crew to bail out after his plane had been seriously damaged by an enemy hit. His young belly gunner was wounded so seriously that he was unable to evacuate the bomber. Reagan could barely hold back his tears as he uttered the pilot’s heroic response: “Never mind. We’ll ride it down together.” The press soon realized that this story was an almost exact duplicate of a scene in the 1944 film A Wing and a Prayer. Reagan had apparently retained the facts but forgotten their source.

Reagan was a vigorous sixty-nine-year-old at the time, was to be president for eight years, and only developed unmistakable dementia in the 1990s. But he had been given to acting and make-believe throughout his life, and he had displayed a vein of romantic fantasy and histrionism since he was young. Reagan was not simulating emotion when he recounted this story—his story, his reality, as he believed it to be—and had he taken a lie detector test (functional brain imaging had not yet been invented at the time), there would have been none of the telltale reactions that go with conscious falsehood.

www.nybooks.com...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I'm sorry, someone has to contribute some critical thinking to his speech.

Osama Bin Laden represents Al Qaeda. Al Qaeda is an Islamist organization. Had Mr. Paul Hellyer, genius extraordinaire, ever read a book on Islamism, or knew of Sayd Qutb, Hassan Al Bannah, Mohammad Iqbal and other preeminent Islamist writers, he would understand, first of all, the entire issue is framed in reference to western civilization and culture. Notice: Islamism wasn't created by Osama. Osama was simply a wealthy Saudi oil baron able to apply the basic ideas outlined by Qutb, Iqbal, Al Bannah and other idealogues who saw the Muslim world being taken over by the CULTURE of the west. A Muslim youth in Egypt, listening to western music, is being "hijacked", in their minds, by western occupiers. This is the subtly of their thought. "western invasion" can be figurative, as in spiritual, or physical.

So understand the subtly of their thinking. Osama Bin Laden wrote his speeches so as to come off as acting out of self defence. He IS indeed, being a member of homo sapien, capable of guile.

How idiocy proliferates in the vacuum of ignorance. Even worse than this is how people embrace this mindlessness without caring to critically examine their own beliefs.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WilliamOckham

Originally posted by SQUEALER
If ET were to come visit the earth, they'd likely come exactly the way Jesus did. By incarnating as one of us.

That solves a lot of technical problems. They have to get used to our particular gravity. Which is unlikely to be similar to their own planet.

They have to learn our language to talk to us. So, why not just grow up here?

That's a lot of assumption mixed in with personal beliefs & hearsay.

As far as we know, Yeshua (Jesus) was a normal Jewish peasant with some new age/peace ideas borrowed from the Essenes. Hardly alien or superhuman.

edit on 6-5-2013 by WilliamOckham because: (no reason given)

As far as we know, we know nothing.

We have scriptures and history texts that tell us things.

We can choose to select some things they tell us, and discard other things. By picking and choosing, we can construct whatever we like to believe in.

The book tells us that Jesus only had a mother, and no biological father. Of course, today, this is possible, through artificial insemination. But, if we assume that men back then, 2000 years ago, didn't know about artificial insemination, and didn't have the technology to perform it, then we're left with a puzzle.

How could they have conceived of an idea, like virgin birth, without some prior exposure to technology that made it possible?

If, on the other hand, there were ET with advanced technology that visited men 2000 years ago, and told them that Mary would have a virgin birth, we could see how the idea was transmitted from intelligent beings that knew about such things, to less advanced humans who could only grasp the idea in terms of "virgin birth".

So, the anomalous thing, is the conception of ideas before their proper time. Today, if someone said to you, that woman gave birth to a son, but she had no husband, nor carnal relations with any man, say, for interest sake, she's a lesbian, you'd have no problem understanding and accepting that virgin birth.

But, 2000 years ago, how would you come up with such an idea?

Jesus was not normal. No other jewish peasant has his name sung every day all over the world in various buildings called churches, today. Normal people are forgotten. Especially, after 2000 years. So, at least, Jesus is one of a number of special people whom we remember from time gone by.

Mary follows the modern UFO experience: abducted, implanted, and birthed.Husband not required.

How many more such abductions and implantations occurred over the last 2000 years? We don't have a clue.

Jesus was just a special case, the one intended to be documented, so that the idea would be recorded and passed down through history, until the time in the future when men could understand.

They could be all around. The aliens are some of us, the rest of us are earthlings. The scriptures record this division quite clearly,

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

-- Revelation 20:15

So the book of Revelation says the exact thing that the Gospel of Thomas says, that at a particular time at the end, there will be a harvest, a selection process, and men divided into two groups. One group, those whose name is written in "the book of life", are taken, and the others are cast into the fire and "burned".

You don't have to believe this, of course. But, it is what is written. If we ignore the written books that have been passed down for ages, then we're left with our own imaginations to create whatever we think should be.

The truth, however, is less likely to be in our imagination, and more likely to be found in the texts that were passed down.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Interesting anecdote.

If you follow Mr. Hellyers train of thought, one wonders whether he has allowed what he has to read to become reworked as events that he himself had experienced.

He talks of the UFO books he has read and the UFOlogists hes spoken with as if they were his experiences; as if their claims were his.

Yet prior to 2005, before this men ever picked up a book on UFO's, he hadn't ever mentioned it. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this man is experiencing some form of dementia - in 2005, he was already 82, an age where 1 out of 3 people have some form of dementia.

He has embraced this phenomenon in a manner that strikes one as odd. He's clearly a spiritual man. Lucid enough to convey his beliefs. But the odd thing about dementia, is that it isn't all alzheimers, or memory related. Sometimes neuronal processes become fogged; established connections become crossed with artificial memories (i.e. those that were dreamt, or thought of, or fantasized about), so as to create in the mind of the person a deluded version of reality - where the fantasy becomes intermingled with the earlier fabric of the self.

Its complicated stuff, but it happens all the time, most often in ways that make no mention of UFOs. Where the man believes himself to be a physicist, or stockbroker, or something else he may have desired.

Who knows what reading that book in 2005, during a time period where he was beginning to experience the onset of dementia, what weird alchemy may have occurred.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I believe you are on target. Apparently this is common thing that many are not aware of. We all experience false memories to some degree from time to time. I do believe that many of the more sincere witnesses may be recollecting something that did not actually happen.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
"Alien nonsense" certainly states loud and clear what your view of the world is.

The truth?
There is no proof of E.T on this planet. The reason for that is quite reasonable.

Holding that view just makes it clear that the government is doing a hellava job making sure that every alien claim is laughed at and discredited.

No, it does not make it clear that the government is doing a "hellava job" making sure of that.
Yes, there is a secret project going on investigating possible aliens, but that is not being done by the government. The people behind that project are the same who own the Ice Hockey team Vancouver Canucks.

You believe exactly what they want you to believe. You are their ideal.

You have no idea what they want you or me to believe, isn't that the whole point of your argument?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The UFOs are here!
I don't understand,why the government isn't telling us the truth.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hy9nos
I feel ATS is swarming with trolls(agents). People who want to discredit and people who just say no.

Regarding extra terrestrial life; opposers have no clue what they are talking about.

So this is a thumbs up for you out there who know the truth!

This has nothing to do with discrediting or opposing extraterrestrial life. It has to do with the fact that his guy is at a conference who's sole focus is on ET disclosure and all he does is talk about other subjects. He doesn't even relate it all together in the end. If I went to hear about ETs and all I heard was a talk about the Bilderbergers and Trilateral Commission, I would come away wondering why I even went in the first place.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Please don't forget to mention that he also talks sense.

Sometimes lacking on ATS.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

as above so below....to an extent, in this 3rd density type reality yes you can have negativity, but in the higher dimensions negativity does not exist..

so yes of course the government would seek out like minded aka.negative beings to make deals with...
but for any negative activity they blame on all ET's a to create fear about ET's...

negative or positive ALL ET's are our brothers and sisters at the soul level.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandcastler

Originally posted by hy9nos
I feel ATS is swarming with trolls(agents). People who want to discredit and people who just say no.

Regarding extra terrestrial life; opposers have no clue what they are talking about.

So this is a thumbs up for you out there who know the truth!

This has nothing to do with discrediting or opposing extraterrestrial life. It has to do with the fact that his guy is at a conference who's sole focus is on ET disclosure and all he does is talk about other subjects. He doesn't even relate it all together in the end. If I went to hear about ETs and all I heard was a talk about the Bilderbergers and Trilateral Commission, I would come away wondering why I even went in the first place.

I think his point was that the Bilderbergers and Trilateral Commission are all collaborating with the ETs and ruling the planet. So, in his mind its all connected.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMiyagi
The former Canadian Minister of Defence comes across as a very credible source in my opinion and the implications of this are immeasurable

edit on 5-5-2013 by MisterMiyagi because: spell

edit on 5-5-2013 by MisterMiyagi because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2013 by MisterMiyagi because: spelling

Why can't we hear from the current Canadian Minister of Defense?
Where are these aliens now?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
reply to post by Realtruth

as above so below....to an extent, in this 3rd density type reality yes you can have negativity, but in the higher dimensions negativity does not exist..

Negativity has to exist in order to have positivity. It's like having a ying without the yang. Just think what it would be like if there was no negativity. We would all be running around telling random people that we love them and ending each post with hugs and stuff. Seriously, how much more positive are you that you have us negatives around?

I hate everyone.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join