It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Hellyer Claims Two ET's Are Working With The US Government!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Wow

I did a search but came up with zilch but if posted elsewhere then admin please delete.

4 advanced ET races are visiting Earth and have done for thousands of years and 2 ET's are actually working with the US government!

Just some of the claims in this very recent video.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The former Canadian Minister of Defence comes across as a very credible source in my opinion and the implications of this are immeasurable

edit on 5-5-2013 by MisterMiyagi because: spell

edit on 5-5-2013 by MisterMiyagi because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2013 by MisterMiyagi because: spelling

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMiyagi

Nice find,

Watching the video now. As always, without any kind of hard-proof, I'll take everything with a pinch of salt, but I do love hearing from credible people on the subject of aliens.

Peace

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMiyagi
I did a search but came up with zilch but if posted elsewhere then admin please delete.

Somebody actually did post this yesterday, but for some reason the thread got killed a few minutes later.

But on the basis of that thread I did watch the video and wasnt as impressed as you.

The guy's got credentials, yes, but once again he's just telling second hand stories that he's been told, and also getting in a chance to plug in an advert for his latest book.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
this only shows to me this guy discovered youtube

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Considering all the skepticism towards governments and politicians regarding UFOs "since they deny them", how fast the tables turn towards them when a nut claims the opposite.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

You have evidence that Mr Hellyer is a "nut"?

What about NASA Astronaut Dr Edgar Mitchell and many other highly qualified people that have made similar claims? Are they all crazy or just trying to sell books?

Personally, I find that very hard to believe.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Just because a person holds high-office doesn't make them credible. Ron & Nancy Reagan, for example, consulted astrologists and the like.

If I remember correctly, Hellyer got on his UFO kick after reading Corso's book. That either makes him extremely gullible or a shill for myth-making.

Don't get me wrong: I totally believe in the anomalous nature of many sightings/experiences, however, Hellyer would flunk any course that depended on objective fact research.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You have evidence that Mr Hellyer is a "nut"?

He is doing a pretty good job bringing out such evidence.

What about NASA Astronaut Dr Edgar Mitchell and many other highly qualified people that have made similar claims? Are they all crazy or just trying to sell books?

What about Mitchell? He is qualified as in had the privilege of actually working in and with people that you claim are hiding things. Still, with this fact in place, Mitchell does not even claim (let alone be right / talk truth) to have first hand information regarding aliens. Sadly, these are one of the "stronger" bits supporting the alien nonsense.

Personally, I find that very hard to believe.

On the other hand, you believe a lot of non-supported claims because the topic is exciting.
What does that tell about your view of the world?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Two very valid points to take into consideration here....

1) He just 'had' to mention his book during the hearing? Why...

2) He was paid $20,000.

Besides that, seems 'relatively' credible imo.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

What about NASA Astronaut Dr Edgar Mitchell and many other highly qualified people that have made similar claims?

Yeah, what about Mitchell?
Unfortunatly for you he's just another guy thats heard second hand stories.

Qualifications dont really count there, when all you've got is "somebody told me a few years back that...".
Dont need qualifications for that.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Its hard to believe someone who has been in politics for so long has fallen so hard for every story ever written on the subject. I mean i he doesn't just believe some of it he seems to believe ALL of it. Based on a few books and a few dodgy old documents.

Why would some on risk his reputation with this without any real evidence?

Hes written a book on the subject but he cant even pronounce zeta reticuli? Whats that all about?

Seem's hes in it for the money if you ask me, just like everyone else at that mock hearing

edit on 5-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Just because a person holds high-office doesn't make them credible. Ron & Nancy Reagan, for example, consulted astrologists and the like.

If I remember correctly, Hellyer got on his UFO kick after reading Corso's book. That either makes him extremely gullible or a shill for myth-making.

Don't get me wrong: I totally believe in the anomalous nature of many sightings/experiences, however, Hellyer would flunk any course that depended on objective fact research.

While I don't necessarily disagree with your statement, I also think part of it comes from the topic at hand.

Meaning, when such high level government officials or whistle blowers normally come out and bring up financial corruption, corruption involving the media or military, of corruption in the medical field their opinions aren't usually tossed aside as much as someone talking abut UFO's.

So, would you or others dismiss this so quickly if it was a different topic? I think probably not, and it's not because of the topic itself, it's just because people have convinced themselves, partly because of constant media/government coverup that proof is still needed when proof is readily available. Maybe a UFO hasn't landed in your backyard but you don't sit in Wall St meetings or meeting involving high level government officials either, yet most still believe whistle blowers/government officials when they come out and talk about other topics.

Just look at my thread involving the UFO fly overs of Washington DC in the 50's with military and government quotes, including the President which shows there's plenty of evidence which suggests this issue is real.
edit on 5-5-2013 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Hellyer says that in the video, he is not shying from that. Corso, while some things in his book seem fantastic and/or alternative history, was at the nub of things in his position at a particular time, not something to be sniffed at.
Anyone who thinks he/she knows the correctness of history, or even recent history with all its trappings of media and internet are themselves in an alternative universe. The only things to be entirely sure of is our own personal experiences, Hellyer gave that in part his meetings and conversations with some military people, albeit secondhand to him.
Let me give an instance of smoke and mirrors in Wiki for instance, there is stuff there about myself that is incorrect, (nothing earth shattering, just incorrect and relatively mundane) given by a well respected contributor to Wiki who just didn't get the story right, or who made assumptions in the first instance, and did not research further. Wiki is full of stuff like that, even though they have their own moderators, who have an uphill task of even moderating their T's and C's, never mind the content.
BTW, Ronald Reagan also talked about aliens repeatedly to a worldwide audience, not in privacy.

edit on 5-5-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

While I don't necessarily disagree with your statement, I also think part of it comes from the topic at hand.

Meaning, when such high level government officials or whistle blowers normally come out and bring up financial corruption, corruption involving the media or military, of corruption in the medical field their opinions aren't usually tossed aside as much as someone talking abut UFO's.

So, would you or others dismiss this so quickly if it was a different topic? I think probably not, and it's not because of the topic itself, it's just because people have convinced themselves, partly because of constant media/government coverup that proof is still needed when proof is readily available. Maybe a UFO hasn't landed in your backyard but you don't sit in Wall St meetings or meeting involving high level government officials either, yet most still believe whistle blowers/government officials when they come out and talk about other topics.

Just look at my thread involving the UFO fly overs of Washington DC in the 50's with military and government quotes, including the President which shows there's plenty of evidence which suggests this issue is real.
edit on 5-5-2013 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

Very good point, I was writing when you had posted.

It is pretty well known now that the intelligence of the day made capital out of something they did not have a handle on themselves, except perhaps in certain areas and that ultimately they did not just debunk, but did apply a 'use and confuse' method to suit a more 'mundane' agenda.
Same thing is happening today with terrorism,
"Oh! the Government did that"
"How do you know that "
"The Feds knew about them"
"But they would have done something"
"They did, they went and had breakfast"
"I don't believe that!"
"Neither do I, but it's true, and they had drills on the day for the same thing"
"Who said that?"
"I dunno, but somebody did"

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
A brave stance though Mr Hellyer is getting a bit old to worry about such things as credibility,timeliness of information, and verified sources.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Yeah, what about Mitchell?

Mitchell, a sweet and very open minded man, has been on the fringes of
science for decades, since his famous 'ESP experiment' on Apollo-14.

His credulity for fringe topics is endearing, but perhaps overdone. He was
apparently flummoxed by a standard parlor trick by Uri Geller, and then had
a personal medical experience that persuaded him that a psychic cured him
from a thousand miles away. For forty years he has repeatedly announced that
his 'Institute of Noetic Sciences' is on the verge of proving the scientific truth
about ESP, but the goal continues to elude him.

His 1971 spaceflight ESP experiment is the best example of claims
outrunning evidence. The raw statistical results of that experiment,
which he and others tout as a great success in proving the existence of telepathy,
actually look like random guessing. Only after repeatedly changing the success-scoring
criteria AFTER the results were gathered did Mitchell find ONE scheme that suggested
statitical signifiance, and THAT required the guessers to have been trying to
get it WRONG every time and also to have used precognition [seeing into the future]
on some of the runs.

The test results were published in an obscure journal in 1971, but have never been
posted on the Internet. This may suggest a desire to prevent anyone else from
performing scoring analysis. I have a pdf copy for anyone who wants to look at it.

The guy's a national hero, with great personal bravery and intelligence. But his judgment
is as open to question as any other person's. And if making a moonwalker an automatic
expert on anything is legit, why don't people quote astronaut Jim Irwin, Apollo-15, who devoted
his later life to locating Noah's Ark on Mt. Ararat? Astronauts are human, after all.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterMiyagi

Respectfully, he's selling a book ....This surprised me not !

Just a sales / publicity aid to selling more UFO tripe to a gullible public

( His respectable position of authority will lend his book great sales credence.

It must all be true, because of his standing in society ? )

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
He names 5 ET races/civs:
Zeta Reticuli
Pleiades
Orion
Andromeda
Altair

He says they have pretty different agendas. He speaks of Tall Whites to work in US secret base.
Pretty much for a politician, I guess! Hope this is not the end but the beginning of the disclosure.

Guess how many churches will lose credibility the moment some of those or other ET manifest openly in the skies and on the ground. That moment will come. Before the Second Sun appears behind our sun and causes the mega solar flare "kill shot".

edit on 6-5-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
Two very valid points to take into consideration here....

1) He just 'had' to mention his book during the hearing? Why...

2) He was paid $20,000.

Besides that, seems 'relatively' credible imo.

I don't believe that the presenters were paid for their time, only expenses (hotel and flights) were paid. The Congresscritters were each paid 20K and frankly, only three of them were anywhere near worth it, but if they wanted ordinary minds to make the 'jury of your peers' thing look valid, they got that. Someone mentioned Hellyer not being able to pronounce 'Zeti Reticuli'; he also butchered 'Orion' which I didn't think was possible. But I've found elderly people sometimes have trouble with words younger people don't. My mother at about age 80 pronounced 'Armageddon' as 'Armajeedon' to my horror. I presume although well-read, she had never heard it pronounced before.

I watched every minute of the testimony and if anyone is interested, the evening presentations were by far the highlight. A lot of new information and much of it very compelling. I even (almost) started to like Stanton Friedman. Richard Dolan's talk was a must-see. At some point, it's all supposed to be put up on Youtube or you can check out the Citizens' Hearing on Disclosure site and ante up a few bucks and watch it all there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join