It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we just witnessed the first shot in World War III?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7

Originally posted by crzayfool
There are too many Races, Religions & Ideologies on this planet... someone needs to be eradicated and that time is now. I am English - I don't know who should rightfully be the ones who survive....

You volunteering to be eradicated? Please do.

Yeah sure... Idiot!

What kind of waste of space comment is that anyway? You some sort of extremist fanatic or something... or just a natural bellend?

My point was that there are too many conflicting beliefs and multiculturalism doesn't work. Racism will ALWAYS exist and Earth is fast running out of space to fill with people who hate eachother. The only logical way is for one to flatten the other to make way for their new generations.

I guess that was a little out of your league though.

Maybe they'll start at the bottom of the ladder and pick off the fools that have no positive input in life - guess you're up pal.

I shan't waste any more time on you.

~ CrzayFool

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FrostForests

The attack on Iran will be the start of WWIII whenever it comes.

Iran has become quite powerful as it has brought Iraq and Syria under its influence. Historically also Persia was a big and strong nation.

The oil in Iran and Iraq can be a big factor in a major power supporting Iran.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by FrostForests

The attack on Iran will be the start of WWIII whenever it comes.

Iran has become quite powerful as it has brought Iraq and Syria under its influence. Historically also Persia was a big and strong nation.

The oil in Iran and Iraq can be a big factor in a major power supporting Iran.

This is not going to happen. Iran has no friends among the Great Powers. There isn't one of them that is interested in fostering radical Islamist ambitions. Every one of them would like to see the government of the mullahs go down. That is the main reason why the Americans have been able to get away with what they are doing in the region.

Wait until they start to subvert the Azeris in Western Iran. I'd be willing to bet that Iran will be a smaller country in 20 years.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

why would they like to see the govt go down?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Oh, pullleeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssseeeeee..

This is just empty rhetoric. We hear it again and again. Syria is in no shape to go to war with Israel (dealing with mutiny at home), and Iran sure as hell should know better than to instigate conflict. This is just them speaking words of war: a cold war.

We see it all the time in our sophisticated, yet subtle, modern world. North Korea and South Korea are in a state of verbal conflict; at times, the US and China spat with one another (usually surrounding Taiwan). In order to gain leverage, or, respect in the eyes of your citizenry, it is necessary to make threats. But a threat - a mere claim - is not a simple emotional reflex: it is something that requires a cost-benefit analysis. Would the regime in Syria be better off fighting rebels at home, or, fighting rebels at home as well as the very powerful Israeli military? Do you think Iran really cares to get involved - given their own internal power-struggles between Ahmadinejad and the Ayatollah: between the "green" movement, and the theocrats?

If it does devolve into an actual war, a very implausible pssibility, its even harder to imagine how this would evolve into "WWIII", as if the world were just itching to go to war.

You already have the players all neatly layed out: China will be on Irans side...because - it no longer cares about it's continued economic development? It's forgotten about it's vulnerabilities in the North (manchuria, upper mongolia), and west (in Xinjiang, and Tibet) or south (with India) not to mention it's failure to reclaim Taiwan - according to the conditions of the US/China communique - in a peaceful manner (which they are on the road to doing, via economic dominance).

So China most certainly is not going to be going into any wars: not with the subpar navy it has, not with it's many economic interests and ties with nations you'll be pitting them against.

And nor would India. The only thing that really "improves" during wartime, is not the economy (a popular fallacy), but science seems to experience a boon, particularly military related technology.

as for the attack itself... Syria had it coming. They continue to allow Iranian weapons shipments to be transported through their territory, which, it should go without saying, is a violation of numerous international laws. Since they're doing nothing, and these shipments are heading towards Hezbollah in southern Israel, weapons that will one day be used against Israel civilians, then undoubtedly the moral high ground is on Israel's side.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Still waiting on the proof of missiles going to Hezbollah, Israel committed a terrorist act in Syria plain and simple. There are international laws and treaties between nations, not to forget that Syria is in a civil war and you choose to kill its people with a sneak attack. When will they plaster the casualties and families of the dead on TV like they would have done vise-versa?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

There is a divide which I can explain. The British empire always sided with the Muslim Sunnis, and this continues with USA.

Russia and China do not like Muslim Sunnis much. Russia is fighting Sunnis in Chechenya etc. and China has a Uighur (Sunnis again) problem in Xinxiang.

Oil is depleting and China must secure its supplies. If you dig deep, you will realize that China is heavily present in Iraq in the oil sector. Iraq is a Shia majority country. Actually Iran has benefited from US-Iraq war, as it has been able to increase its influence manifold.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

The chinese have made astonishing progress in military affairs, and they have the necessary manpower and depth.

USA and Europe are in self-destruction mode, whatever you say. The population is ageing, social burden on government is very high. Taxes are very high already so population cannot be taxed anymore for war effort. The governments are already under a mountain of debt. This does not paint a very nice picture militarily.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
according to a UN investigator on swiss tv they are pretty certain but not 100% sure that the rebels used the gas sarin in an attack

See the following link - sorry its in french

Syrie: les rebelles auraient utilisé du gaz

So does obama's red line apply to the rebels?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
SOCIAL MEDIA WEEK (SMW) is week-long festival where people and organisation collaborate with each other, learn and share their ideas and information. People get exposure through panel discussions, workshops, events, speakers, parties and lots more. This time it’s happening in Mumbai, so try to be a part of it.

socialmediaweek.org...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Xmaddness:

Have we just witnessed the first shot in World War III?

Not really. Israel's strike on specific targets were simply to handicap the receipt of munitions by Hezbollah via Syria, probably from Iran. The US would turn a blind eye if Israeli warplanes happend to take out chemical manufactories in the same process (though publicly urging caution to Israel).

Syria could respond to the Israeli strikes with punitive measures, which would only invite more strikes against them, weakening them further against the rebels. Assad will eventually fall, that is the goal. He's an ally of Iran which is the USA's real regime-change target. Whom will take charge of Syria will eventually be another headache for the US.

Where the Middle-East is concerned, it's all about oil, and Iran has plenty of it, and the US has been eyeing it up for the securing for many decades. The US policy is one of controlled domino falls by formenting rebellious causes and moving them towards civil war and eventual regime change, hopefully to install a friendlier government willing to trade with the US and the West. If there was no oil, the US would have no interest at all in the Middle East, and their relations and policy towards Israel would be quite different.

I won't deny that there is a risk of conflaguration towards a broadening war theatre from these smaller conflicts, but it is small. The nuclear powers will not jeopardise themselves over arguments of the 'slicing of the pie' of world resources and go to war with each other. They will not risk their own nations unless directly attacked by one another.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

I think as with people you would have to feel real desperate or threatened before it coming to a fight/war.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Is it just me or does the OP seem incredibly excited over the prospect of WW3?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Who isn't? The deaths and everything else that goes with it sucks, but there isn't a single person on this site that doesn't want to see it, just for curiosity sake. Who the players are, what hidden weapon technology is used, what the results are.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

Really wish the West and Israel were happy with the parts of the middle east they have already conquered and let Iran and Syria be.

If only it were that simple. Well, in a small remote sense it is. The US is Israel's friend, and has pledged support for that state basically unconditionally. Israel can't sit by as regimes crumble around it. Sure, you can argue that the cia and mossad could be behind some destabilization plots, but you've also got to look at the big picture. Even if Israel was 100% happy with their currently undefined borders, they can't just allow regimes, a lot of which are unfriendly to Israel, fall over into chaos.

Israel's politicians are anything but stupid, they know how to play politics, they are at max rank. Countries that might be unfriendly now, if a level of discourse, if not control, is not maintained will become existential threats in years to come. As these nations have access to chemical and biological weapons platforms, as well as nuclear weapons platforms, Israel has to be thinking ahead.

I don't agree with most of their actions on these fronts, but I won't allow myself to simplify the situation. Is this the beginning of a world conflict? Maybe, it could be, it's taken less than the fall of a nation to start one before.

As the region continues to destabilize, Israel gets put into a tough place. They tend to get scapegoated, and if you were some up and coming dictator who just took power in a crumbling nation, attacking Israel is instant street cred. This puts Israel on alert, which in turn, puts everyone else on alert. This escalation is something everyone of these nations should be trying to avoid.

No body WANTS to fight a world war, but some people sure would like to win it.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by chishuppu

why would they like to see the govt go down?

All the great powers don't like radical Islam. They don't care if they are Shia or Sunni. The bottom line is that Iran is the strongest Islamic power. The US puts up with Wahabism for economic reasons and because they have discovered that the jihadis can be manipulated easily. They are useful politically. Iran is an organized radical Islamic power. Their power is going to be reduced.

Any power that can influence Islamic minorities in the territories of the Great Powers will not be tolerated. The Great Powers don't care if Iran gets nuclear weapons. They are worried about the power that Iran already possesses, the power of an Islamic state to strengthen and spread Islamic ideas. The power to demonstrate the validity and viability of an Islamic state.

They are going, in the case of the US, to reduce that power. The other Great Powers will not interfere because they want that power reduced as well.

Iran has business partners but no friends in the front rank of political and military power.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
its time to put down our guns and fight with out minds

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Please refer to the below news item:

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

The item you referred to doesn't change my opinion. China will do nothing and can do nothing to prevent what is going to happen to Iran. Furthermore it has no interest in devoting itself to the preservation of any particular Iranian government.

China can and will do business with anybody in power in Iran or anybody in power anywhere else, including the United States and Russia. China as all other secularist countries do, fears the rise of Islamic nationalism within its borders.

Personally, I'm not in favor of crushing the government of the mullahs, except if it is done by Iranians at the polling booth, but I don't run the world.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369
Is it just me or does the OP seem incredibly excited over the prospect of WW3?

Absolutely not.

I have a four year old daughter and the last thing I want in this world is -anything- to endanger her life. All I have done in this thread is present the facts as they currently lay.

I am sorry I have been pretty absent from this thread. Life kicked in yesterday after posting this and I have been unable to get back to it since. Once I catch up with the Monday morning email reading I will be sure to get back to this thread.
edit on 6-5-2013 by xmaddness because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join