It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we just witnessed the first shot in World War III?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
On the other thread someone is saying CNN breaking news that Syria has fired rickets at Israel

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
By attacking Syria,Israel made itself a target board for Hezbollah,Hamas,Syria,Iran and perhaps a couple of more countries missiles.....I have always had a feeling that TPTB eventually wants Israel out of the map, and the funny thing is that the Israelis are willingly executing the plan all by themselves.....Like to see nut'nyahoo's face when Obama is telling him,"I told you so".

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WilliamOckham

Thank you for the simplicity of your logic.

Its amazing (and I'm not jealous) that you got so many stars for that post. Usually, it's the people who say something idiotically ignorant, or cliche, who get all the stars.

Any political philosopher, moral philosopher, or person with an education worth being proud about, can understand the simplicity of that logic.

Syria is a conduit between Iran (the origin of the weapons) and Hezbollah in southern Lebanon (the destination of the shipment). Every time Syria allows its territory to be used to lug these advanced weaponries to Lebanon, they incur partial blame. Therefore, Israel has a justifiable basis for "violating a nations sovereignty", as the dunce Australian CNN moderator continued to emphasize in his analysis of Israel's actions.

I'm sorry, if you have two items of information, one, being the fact that Syria is letting weapons pass through it's territory to a party which intends to use them against Israeli civilians (therefore, acting in partnership with Hezbollah) and two, the "violation" of another nations sovereignty, these two matters have to be put in proper order.

It is a logical inversion to gripe about the "violation" of a nations sovereignty when that nation is colluding with a terrorist organization to attack your civilians. Obviously, under any sane international system of law, the sanctity of international borders should be suspended under such circumstances. It's a totally justifiable act of preemptive self defence.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I'll take this one on.

I highly doubt we will see ww3 anytime soon.

Israel and Syria: As you mentioned, these two have gone to war before or at least, Israel has with its neighbors.

I see...so 1967 on into the 70s...that was Israel being the aggressor? Way to rewrite history!! Good job!!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by shapur
By attacking Syria,Israel made itself a target board for Hezbollah,Hamas,Syria,Iran and perhaps a couple of more countries missiles.....I have always had a feeling that TPTB eventually wants Israel out of the map, and the funny thing is that the Israelis are willingly executing the plan all by themselves.....Like to see nut'nyahoo's face when Obama is telling him,"I told you so".

What? So Israel wasn't already a target for Hezbollah, Hamas etc?

Wow...I must have just dreamed living through the last 58 years of history........

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crzayfool

Originally posted by MadMax7

Originally posted by crzayfool
There are too many Races, Religions & Ideologies on this planet... someone needs to be eradicated and that time is now. I am English - I don't know who should rightfully be the ones who survive....

You volunteering to be eradicated? Please do.

Yeah sure... Idiot!

What kind of waste of space comment is that anyway? You some sort of extremist fanatic or something... or just a natural bellend?

My point was that there are too many conflicting beliefs and multiculturalism doesn't work. Racism will ALWAYS exist and Earth is fast running out of space to fill with people who hate eachother. The only logical way is for one to flatten the other to make way for their new generations.

I guess that was a little out of your league though.

Maybe they'll start at the bottom of the ladder and pick off the fools that have no positive input in life - guess you're up pal.

I shan't waste any more time on you.

~ CrzayFool

And your idea of positive input is espousing genocide?

And you call him the idiot?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WilliamOckham

congrats on the stars you have received, I am surprised as to how many want the truth now, and here is some info Israel is not Attacking Syria it is going after weapon's meant for Hezbollah worldnews.nbcnews.com... from the link

Israeli analysts expect more air strikes on Syria to stop what the country calls "game-changing" Iranian-supplied weapons from being transferred by Syria to Hezbollah. NBC's Martin Fletcher reports

By Martin Fletcher, Correspondent, NBC News

News Analysis

TEL AVIV, Israel – Syrian rebels have cheered Israel’s strikes against Syrian government facilities, while the Syrian government has said the attacks prove Israel is backing the rebels.

Nothing could be farther from the truth. Israel is not engaging in the Syrian civil war. Instead, it is striking early blows in Israel’s possible next war: against Iran’s Lebanese proxy, Hezbollah.

“This attack had nothing to do with the Syrian civil war. The big story is Iran and Hezbollah, not Syria,” Professor Eyal Zisser, a Syrian expert at Tel Aviv University, told NBC News Monday.
Advertise | AdChoices

“Israel’s message is that we want to change the rules of the game. For the last 20 years Iran provided all kinds of weapons to Hezbollah through Syria. Now this is the end of the story. Israel will no longer accept the rearming of Hezbollah,” Zisser added.

Analysts here say there are four weapons systems on Israel’s blacklist, whose transfer through Syria would trigger air attacks: guided ground to ground rockets like the Iranian Fateh 110’s reportedly destroyed in this weekend’s attack; chemical weapons; land to sea missiles like Russian Yakhont missiles that can hit a ship 200 miles at sea at speeds of up to Mach 2; and anti-aircraft rockets like the SAM 17s that would endanger Israel’s control of the skies.
yea it is MSM but what do want a golden first class ticket there to see it all first hand, as to not having it fed to you via MSM.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
On the other thread someone is saying CNN breaking news that Syria has fired rickets at Israel

It also says that the rockets landed on the Golan heights, which is part of Syria.

So... Syrian rockets landed on Syria.
Its hardly their fault if there also happens to be some illegal Israel occupiers at that spot.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I got to hand it to Israel. They're not easily fooled. And they're also taking intelligent action in Syria - since Syria is too impotent to respond anyways - to prevent the transmission of weapons shipments to Hezbollah.

The sheer intelligence required to carry this out is quite impressive. It means they're constantly tracking what goes in and out of Syria; it means they know which roads/routes are used in these shipments; it means they know which shipment carries what.

And to top it all off, Israel is selective in what they're willing to attack. They know that any attack in Syrian airspace will be excoriated by Muslim countries, the Arab league, and a slew of other countries.

And no wonder Iran is pissed off. They go through all that trouble to equip their proxy Hezbollah, only to have it destroyed by IAF airstrikes.

I guess it'll take a little more for the Islamic republic to get their way.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Golan heights are part of Israel. Go get a map

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

It's definitely a possibility. I just hope the U.S. isn't dragged into it.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Golan heights are part of Israel. Go get a map

Golan heights are part of Syria, captured and occupied by Israel from Syria in the Six-Day War.

The United States considers the Golan Heights to be Syrian territory held under Israeli occupation subject to negotiation and Israeli withdrawal. The United States considers the application of Israeli law to the Golan Heights to be a violation of international law, both the Fourth Geneva Convention's prohibition on the acquisition of territory by force and United Nations Security Council Resolution 242.

link

and also goes on to say that even Israel does not consider the Golan heights to be part of Israel.

Israeli Prime Ministers Yitzhak Rabin, Ehud Barak, and Ehud Olmert each stated that they were willing to exchange the Golan for peace with Syria.

edit on 6-5-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted

Wait... he has no right to post on this forum?

Guess what. He has. So chill out. This isnt a thread about religion, see the title - "world war 3" - theres a religion forum for you to spread your word about religion or whatever story you want to tell, so for me, if theres someone who has no right to post on this forum is you since your post has nothing to do with the thread itself. Who cares about your religion in world war 3? Is your god or doctrine saving you from an hellfire missile? No. So, keep it relevant and respectful.

He has no clue about Islam? Well... maybe because he doesnt give a damn about Islam. Maybe he hates Islam. Maybe he just wants to discuss the bloody thread instead of impractical religious dogmas that only pour more fuel to the fire. Its his right to do so. To have his opinion. Maybe you're not used to "have an opinion" but thats how it works around these parts.

Dont go telling other members that they have no right to post... specially when you're a new member. What does ATS attract crazy religious zealots these days - show some respect for the members or else you'll get none - respect is earned.

Hey man he disrespected my religion first. saying those who practice Islam declare war on the world since it was conceived or w.e im not some crazy radicalized muslim,i used to serve in the united states military for some time. I just realized who declared war on who. thats besides the point, however. He shouldnt go around spreading lies like that. this site is about truth, new memeber or not, i've lurked on this site for about 6 years now. it doesnt make a difference. The post you quoted was me doing some research for those who are too lazy to do some things and jump to assumptions. This man owes all religious people an apology.
edit on 6-5-2013 by NeoMuslim because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2013 by NeoMuslim because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
What is clear and seems to be completely missed by world leaders when thinking of say a strike on the US (Wyoming,Colorado, Utah, New Mexico etc.) will mean lights out for Russia,China, Japan, Koreas and every other country that's shore is on the Pacific Ocean (Ring Of Fire) Infact every continent on Earth will be in turmoil (every continent that has a tectonic plate and volcanoes)... Still not following

YellowStone Caldera No one will win anything, time to brush up on your Hunter Gathering because if the SHTF and you survive the initial onslaught we will be entering the next 10,000 years of mile deep snow and ice thats after the Tsunamis, Raining Fire, Ash and Darkness . Mother Natures Final Judgement.

edit on 6-5-2013 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Funny that you even post that quote.

Why, pray tell, has Syria not accepted Israel's overture for peace?

Why, pray tell, did Israel even want the Golan heights to begin with?

It it flummoxing that you can understand that a) Israel captured the Golan heights because of it's strategic importance to the Syrians (i.e. they can shoot at Israeli towns in the Galilee from there; to offset this situation, Israel has been FORCED to occupy the Golan heights) and b) Syria has refused the Israel offer to return the Golan for peace because Syria, like Lebanon, Egypt, and down the list of Arab-Muslim countries, are obscenely unreasonable, pathologically obsessed with the Jewish states destruction, regardless of what good Israel has brought to mankind (which, scientifically speaking, is manifold times more than the aggregate output of the entire Muslim world COMBINED)

Sane, educated people understand this. Crazed fanatics, following in the tradition of medieval Christians and 19th/20th century Europeans, like them, need to make sense of their world in terms of what they are not: for the Christians, they weren't Judaism; for the Europeans, they weren't Jews; and for modern gulls, they aren't supporters of a Jewish state.

This is a psychological leitmotif that has appeared in the western world for over 2000 years, transmogrifying itself to suit the idiosyncrasies of the generation in question; but its always the same. People determine who they are by contrasting themselves with who they are not: Judaism, Jews, and Israel.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

I don't think that Israel's attacks on Syria could be regarded as the herald to WW3,for that to happen,either Israel
would need to sufffer an attack of a magnitude that left hundreds if not thousands dead,either that or an all out attack on Iran by the west
.However,Israel is walking one hell of a tightrope right now,it won't take much for some of the Arab worlds heavy hitters(such as Iran) to say enough is enough and really hit back at Israel.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by alfa1

It it flummoxing that you can understand that a) Israel captured the Golan heights because of it's strategic importance to the Syrians (i.e. they can shoot at Israeli towns in the Galilee from there; to offset this situation, Israel has been FORCED to occupy the Golan heights) and b) Syria has refused the Israel offer to return the Golan for peace because Syria, like Lebanon, Egypt, and down the list of Arab-Muslim countries, are obscenely unreasonable, pathologically obsessed with the Jewish states destruction, regardless of what good Israel has brought to mankind (which, scientifically speaking, is manifold times more than the aggregate output of the entire Muslim world COMBINED)

Sane, educated people understand this. Crazed fanatics, following in the tradition of medieval Christians and 19th/20th century Europeans, like them, need to make sense of their world in terms of what they are not: for the Christians, they weren't Judaism; for the Europeans, they weren't Jews; and for modern gulls, they aren't supporters of a Jewish state.

This is a psychological leitmotif that has appeared in the western world for over 2000 years, transmogrifying itself to suit the idiosyncrasies of the generation in question; but its always the same. People determine who they are by contrasting themselves with who they are not: Judaism, Jews, and Israel.

Nice where do you live? Lets call where ever it is that you live Aslamabad III, new country. where is that you live? k lets bulldoze that # down. now dont you wish u had states to your left and right to defend you?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by alfa1

Of course poor peace loving Israel has been forced to displace those who have lived on these lands for thousands of years.And god forbid that there be any objection to this action by her near neighbours,the downtrodden Israeli's just simply HAD to occupy the Golan Heights,it's for Syria's own good after all!
I'm afraid I shan't be shedding any tears for Israel when she gets her come uppance.
Israel's overtones of peace toward Syria?,accept our(Israeli) terms or else,well wonder why Syria didn't accept.

+28 more 
posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hezbollah is evil. Yeah right ....

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It is all a game. The bullies use the pawns (the countries) to gain control and profit.
What is the use of buying into their game?
All we are doing is adding credibility by focusing on energy on their game.

How about directing our energy inward. Just work on saving yourself. Remember what they say in a plane emergency briefing? mask on yourself then your kid.

Yes we are all stuck in a train on rails and we cannot move the train but what we do within the train is our choice. Let's work on our own issues, focus in.

By focusing in, we take away power from the bullies. Those are the few that are trying to take over the world by throwing countries, making enemies and creating conflict between people. It is time to stop buying into it and not play their game anymore.

that is what empowerment is all about. Not giving up your personal power and buying into conflicts.

sorry if this sounds preachy.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join