It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we just witnessed the first shot in World War III?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
lol...WW3 is far from happening.. No one is that stupid to start it nor is it worth it. I think you people are just fear mongering paranoid people.

I don't believe this is a step to WW3. There might be some wars, but deff not a WW3 event.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The Middle East is no longer nearly as important as it once was. The sun is now setting on their oil production, the light sweet crude is running out, and the heavy sour crude as well. While there are great amounts of shale oil there, no one is willing to develop those assets for the nations of the Middle East, and they are too busy praying to god and protecting their women from each other to develop the shale oil themselves.

While the media is not putting out what anyone who keeps themselves informed knows, this is the situation.

Iran has no navy to speak of, so they can not do anything but make threats.

China has no Navy to speak of, they can not do anything. China is also trying to claim oil reserves in international waters, and they will not risk giving the US an excuse to get involved.

China is joined at the hip to the US economy. Not only will they not support Syria or Iran, they will not back N Korea either. Without China, N Korea doesn't stand a chance. Their million man army would get mowed down like blades of grass.

Russia doesn't have much of a navy left, and what they have will be kept in the Arctic Ocean to protect their interests there.

Egypt is a mess, they do not have the ability to do anything.

The sun is settIng on the Middle East.

edit on 5-5-2013 by poet1b because: Typo

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

After a few more years if things don't cool down, it is possible that things escalate into wars, i.e World War III is possible in the near years IF things do not calm down...

I only disagree on what you have there NK would do what to China? China and NK will likely be allies... so there if you followed the provocations of NK, China needs NK as a barrier against the influence of the US such as South Korea and Japan. Thus on that front would be NK+China and on the other - South Korea, Japan and the US.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
WWIII? What? Syria isnt even responding LOL

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well, in all honesty what can Syria do to Israel? Launch their SCUDS? A suicide mission using their air force? What about the Free Syrian Army, I doubt they are going to sit around while this is all happening. I doubt Russia is going to do anything, though I admit Putin is likely pissed that the Russian tech in Syria wasn't able to stop the Israel attack. Your not going to see an invasion by the States or Israel. Well, unless Iran starts moving some serious hardware into that country and they start pushing towards Israel.

China / India / Pakistan. Hasn't been the first time that China pushed into India, won't likely be the last. Will it come to serious blows? Hard to say, but my guess is no.

A world war at this point in time will likely end in nukes, so I would rather not have it happen, thanks.

As to the economy, well I feel most countries realize what shaky ground we are on, you are seeing more and more reports of countries trying to get out of US Dollars. All these events are seeing is only delaying the fact the US global reserve currency status is dieing. The next big event will be a currency crisis.

Are you ready?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
In my opinion, what is going on is precisely what Israel said is going on, that is an attempt to staunch the flow of arms to Hezbollah. Israel is fighting Hezbollah. From Israel's point of view Syria is the pusher in the neighborhood, the one supplying the local criminal gang. Syria makes an easy target at the moment because of its internal situation.

The real question to me in the situation is what is Hezbollah going to do in response to this Israeli initiative?

I think the next interesting development will come from Hezbollah.

Over all though, I see this situation as part of the gathering momentum of the Americans' and their allies' push to take out Iran. The situation between the Kurdish PPK and the Turkish government has been sorted. The PPK are leaving Turkey. They will go to Kurdistan and soon attempt to set up a Kurdish state independent of Iraq, which will start trouble on Iran's western border.

The Americans have been playing everyone like violins and look to be able to continue the hoe down for some time to come. In normal circumstances, Russia would be providing a balancing counterpoint to US moves by supporting Syria and warning Israel to stay out of Syrian airspace, but the "Islamic spring" has brought dandelions and thistles up all over the regional lawn. Nobody, but nobody, important wants that and nobody will assist it in any way.

Currently American foreign policy is like a well executed card trick. It leaves one with his mouth open, wondering how it was done.

And there is more to come.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Israel's attacks have been in and out. Quick and short for a one mission action. Destroy arms so they don't get into Hezbollah's hands and not directed at Assad. Assad really doesn't want to open up a war with Israel while fighting for its life against mere rebel fighters with rifles and smaller arms in general, as no no air force, no large missiles, no tanks and artillery.... as opposed to an extremely well armed Israel. No, Syria does NOT want a war with Israel... rather it wants Israel to remain on the sidelines. The problem lies with Iran and its doings. Yes, it wants to support Assad but it also wants to arm Hezbollah at the same time. This dual track is what is getting Israel's interest and reaction. If Iran wanted to help Syria they would keep squeaky clean with anything other than fighting the rebel factions. Israel is keeping a close eye on what goes on that might be directed at them. New, longer ranged and more accurate missiles, chemical weapons...... if they seem headed any place other than against the rebels, Israel will jump in again. Syria will not "rally the troops and country" around this attack from Israel and get all of Syria behind him. The rebels don't care what help comes from where, obviously, considering all the militant fundamentalists that have been coming in and will cause huge problems in the future, or at least don't care until the work is done in getting rid of Assad. Then.... new fighting for the control of the country and its future.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Take a look around,if there ever was/is a ww3 it started on 9/11.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
USA and/or their henchmen take out Libya, Egypt, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Protect the Saudi royal families. Slander the Syrian government. Assassinated Iran top scientists. Bully countless independent sovereign nations into treaties that allow corporations to exploit their citizens to a point of new age serf slavery.

...but this is the first shot of WW3?

I call bs. And no, I don't need to read a book to come to that conclusion. I am capable of independent thought unlike that other person. Why don't you Google that...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Seems like Obama's line in the sand isn't all that important......

Obama Aide On Syria's Assad: 'If He Drops Sarin On His Own People, What’s That Got Do Do With Us?'

www.weeklystandard.com...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Assad has less ability than ever to take on Israel. This will be no different than the last time israel slapped Syria around. The world will watch and do nothing.

Oil is running out in the Middle East, and soon those nations will be irrelevant.

Russia has no need for a presence in the Middle East. The new frontier is the Arctic Ocean.

Iran can not do anything.

Islam is at war with the world, and has been since the religion was conceived. It could be considered a world war, but is in general, called the War on Terror.

slow and long applause

No 1 on my list of annoyances on ats is the bulk of people following a cold war paradigm in thought process... Every rocket fired the speculation begins in regards to China and Russia

There is no speculation lol... They will both be cooperating with US (maybe not verbally but at least behind the scenes) in regards to the destruction of any small nation states that don't follow the global status quo...

That will even include Israel if when places like Iran, Syria and North Korea are finished they aren't then willing themselves to disarm and cooperate on nonproliferation among other issues...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Far worse than this has happend before and world war 3 has not started.

Worse that will happen is a no fly zone being enforced. At very very worse a limited scale NATO war in Syria. Even IF Russia got involved no one would be stupid enough to escalate it outside of Syria.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

You believe that ? I have a Bridge to sell ya.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

You have any evidence to the contrary?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
fear is passing threw me

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Are you missing something here? Possibly. Here's something completely out of left field here.

Could somebody be trying to cause the appearance of the Muslim Jesus Christ and the Mahdi?

Here's what I know. A few years back I was studying Matthew 24 and got fixated on verses 27 and 28.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

In verse 28 he is telling us when he is going to return but what does he mean by the term "carcase"/carcass. After some thought I had a revelation. What if the carcass is simply another reference back to the book of Daniel? He had already made one reference to Daniel in verse 15. What if verse 28 is simply a 2nd Daniel reference? If so then what is he referring to? Daniel 8 and the battle of the ram and goat prophesy.

Simply put according to the prophesy at the start of the end times a western power was supposed to conquer 2 nations/kings in the middle east. Then it conquers "Persia". And in the symbology of the prophesy that would create a carcass.

So essentially at this point in time the only thing keeping the Muslim Jesus Christ away is Iran. Conquer that and he is supposed to appear.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

No evidence whatsoever that Iran is even trying to get a nuke, let alone that they are close to having one. You ruin your whole assessment with that.

As for the American people being tired of war, yes we are, but if you think Obama cares about that you are mental. Mark my words, Obama will have us in another conflict with some extensive repercussions before his second term is up.
edit on 5-5-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by live2beknown

Of course it could be started. It's not like every country has a world war 3 button they press. They take an action with whatever intention never expecting it to escalate. Many of these happening at once and they each become a front of a world war. All countries are tied to a super power with vested interests. It's a perfect storm, not a stupid mistake.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by live2beknown
lol...WW3 is far from happening.. No one is that stupid to start it nor is it worth it. I think you people are just fear mongering paranoid people.

I don't believe this is a step to WW3. There might be some wars, but deff not a WW3 event.

But is this just a precursor of Israel bombing Iran for the same reason. That will be your WWIII event. More than likely sooner rather than later.

America is in the war business and business is good.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
The situation between the Kurdish PPK and the Turkish government has been sorted. The PPK are leaving Turkey. They will go to Kurdistan and soon attempt to set up a Kurdish state independent of Iraq, which will start trouble on Iran's western border.

It is interesting to highlight one of the most unheralded and smooth shifts of policy in this region that has ever occurred.

Does anyone think, given the history of violent transitions in the region, that the PPK decision to leave Turkey was not accompanied by a giant sized quid pro quo? Does anyone think that the PPK were not shepherded by the US through this latest stage of their evolution?

Will the Americans convince the new state of Kurdistan to try to push to the Caspian Sea? Is such a thing feasible? My own reading makes me think that it would be impossible to achieve, but could Kurds be sold on the idea? It would make quite a mess in Western Iran.

Eventually, after regime change in Iran, America could then step in as part of a multi-lateral peace task force to settle the region down again and all of the Great Powers would be happy to have finally got at the root of radical Islam and pulled it out.

As far as Israel and Syria go, I think we will be hearing from Hezbollah next.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join