It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you think you have the answer?? Let's see what you got..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ezrin

Kay, I got you but I don't think my brain has been developed enough to do that telepathic thing.

I would love to try but don't count on me having the capacity to do so.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
What the hell are you on about???????

Seriously !!!!!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

Who are you talking to??

Yeah, I know. Poor guy

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Great post. I actually gave up watching and listening to the news and news talk shows. I was sick of being left worried and helpless. I realised that I can't change the world and its a waste of my short time here to try and do so.

What will be will be. Go with the flow. That is my answer.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
each and every issues you mentioned is important in it's own right, and needs to be addressed.

from reading you post i think you know that the ones you used as examples, are nothing but distractions to keep people from paying attention to what is really going on. also i'm sure you know that, the media, big corporations, banks, and government all have ties to one another. it's taken them many years to get it to this point. and their not gonna let it go with out a fight, and this fight won't be a vote em out kinda deal. not gonna say what needs to be done, although i think most know. but when half of the country is scared of it's government, something will come from that and it's not gonna be pretty.

i believe in the form of government that our founders laid out for us. some managed to keep from being corrupted, others became that way latter on. all you have to do is go back and look at past deeds in our history and you can see who did and who didn't. if you do this you can see the progression of corruption through the years and the power of certain individuals, parties, banks, corporations, and families. the beginning of the 20th century saw an acceleration of the corruption and it has grown faster and faster until it has reached the point that is at now.

as i said, i believe in our form of government. i also think about the last line of abraham lincoln's gettysburg address, of the people, by the people, for the people. now you can say what you want about him. some say he was one of the best some say one of the worst, presidents we ever had. i'm on the fence. but that's for an other time.

he hit on something there that i feel or founders intended. a government of the people, by the people, for the people, all three hundred and thirty something million of us. that means that each and everyone of us should have the chance to run the country if our fellow citizens feel we can hold the office. that means joe the plumber, suzie the homemaker or what ever you care to call yourself. not just career politicians, some who never even had another job other than in politics.

let me explain a little more. i'll try to keep it short.

i don't see this happening unless things get ugly like i said. then and only if we start with term limits. not just term limits for the elected, but for every job, appointment, and bureaucrat that our government has. the job or appointments and especially the bureaucrats,( because these people have more power than most realize), should have term limits and at the end of the limit each and every one should be evaluated, by the people, not the government or government appointed committee. and as far as being a a supreme court justice for life, well that s___ got to go.

then there should be a way that no lobbyist can have any face time alone with any one in any position of importance. lawyers should not be allowed to draft bills, only congressmen and senators should write bills, and that means them and not their aids. bills should only have things that are necessary to their subject, no pork for someones district, and nothing pertaining to any other issues, like sneaking a gun ban in highway bill. corporations should not be allowed to contribute to campaigns, for that matter the government should provide a way for each candidate to have the same amount of funds and ensure that there is equal exposure to the public. and i want even go into the party system, other than to say that more than two should be allowed, and i mean not just some of the little crap party that shows up from time to time. the electoral collage scarp it, there has been many alternatives proposed, i'm sure one can be found that will work.

i could go on and on about this, and some might think what i'm saying is naive or just plain stupid.
doesn't matter, our government is broke and if we don't do something now we are in for a world of hurt.
and it's coming sooner than most think. or even admit.

edit on 3-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
your post is thoughtful; i share identical sentiment.

regarding the (not my label) "scary" image (mayan calender; posted earlier); man and woman chained to calender.

then antlered man influencing woman; study that one

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Ah. I love your avatar. LOL. Yeah, there is really nothing we can do. We don't have the collective body to make any kind of change. And they have loaded up on the hardware. Like to see you fight one of those tanks with a 45. It is over. So sad. All we can do now is complain before they drag us off somewhere to keep us quiet.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

Ah. I love your avatar. LOL. Yeah, there is really nothing we can do. We don't have the collective body to make any kind of change. And they have loaded up on the hardware. Like to see you fight one of those tanks with a 45. It is over. So sad. All we can do now is complain before they drag us off somewhere to keep us quiet.

I'm not as pessimistic as I used to be. The future is not set in stone, so I don't want to waste my energies worrying about scenarios that may never happen. If they happen, they happen, if not, you've spent a whole load of energy worrying they will.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Yeah, I guess you are right. Nothing is set in stone.
But the writing is sure on the wall.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Everyone is afraid to address issues that matter. This is because if they open the can of worms, it may effect their way of life and the lives of others around them. If you complained at work and half your coworkers get laid off, you learn not to complain. If you complain about government waste in an area and raise a stink, no government funding may go to your area. People know about this stuff happening so talk nonsense during conversations and watch dumbing down shows on TV.

The problem is that the perception by some people who complain is actually real. The government is very wasteful and some high ranking officials are easily bought with either social connections or corporate donations. This economy is one hell of a mess and our country is built from deceit. Nothing much seems to be real, the reality shows we watch are possibly more real than our economy.
We perceive society here in America as normal but it is no where near real. It is a fantasy like a soap opera.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

Yeah, I guess you are right. Nothing is set in stone.
But the writing is sure on the wall.

My clothes poles are set in stone

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I wonder how many people are really willing to do what it would take to restore the republic. It seems tome it would require scraping about 90% of the 'laws" we now are supposedly subject to. This means there would be no roe vs wade, or gay marriage, alone with no more handouts to huge corporations.

The fact is the fed has NO business doing any of the crap they do but us "uneducated rural" folks goaded them into it. (inside joke just kidding).

We all droped the ball. We all became complacement and trusted that those we put in power were doing what was right. And then we spent, and so did they.

I think the only way to have any effect, and it mostly self satisfaction, is don't use thie banks or money if you can help it. If you have any frns convert them to hard assets. If people keep buying metals like crazy that may toppel the fiat currency then TPTB will be struggleing to maintain control.

Then its all out civil disobedience. "they got the guns but we got the numbers, were going to win yeah were takeing over" the Doors

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Totally agree OP, I have the same issues with family and some freinds. Fortunatly most of my freinds are becoming more aware of the REAL issues. Ive managed to turn about 3-4 friends that didnt prepare into full blown preppers. I dont mean crazy preppers, just people that have put back some food, items of trade, stalked up on ammo, and other resources. Its a hard sell, to convince people that the country you think you know, is nothing but a sinking ship with many real issues that need fixing NOW. i already feel its way too late for this country to get back on track without some major sacrafices that every person will have to commit too. We as a country have had it waay to easy for way to long, and you can see that in the majority of people, griping about ridiculous issues: like who got voted off american idol, or why there reality show didnt record. blah blah blah, get with the program people, our lives are going to become extremely hard, and alomost impossible, if we dont prepare for the inevitable crash of the country.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
When I read your thread on the grocery store checkout line, I laughed a little because I've been where you're at. For a bit, I was nearly having panic attacks just going to the grocery store because it was like being bombarded with what I was being told that I was supposed to be interested in. Seeing this one, I definitely know that you're seeing what I have seen. I call it the machine. It was awfully distressing for a bit and then, I decided to try to put into words what it was that I was seeing. That and I did a whole lot of review of sociology literature, psychology, It's a massive thing because humanity, itself, is massive. I also think the sources for what is done are varied and some of it is outright explicable.

The reason why the subjects that are used in the media where everyone starts singing the theme song of abortion issues, same sex marriage, immigration, religion and more is because those are "safe" subjects that are immensely divisive due to their morally subjective natures. They are also subjects that an individual will already have aligned themselves on with their own arguments already set in their mind. Because of their moral ambiguities, they are great subjects for perceived threats that get people lining up to defend their points of view because they feel they have a stake in the matter. It becomes Us v. Them. It's almost humorous, too, because they've managed to beat on these same subjects for decades with no final resolution ever being possible on it.

The problem is that, when new problems erupt or come under the attention, there is no comfort there. They can't immediately line themselves up with their opinions and the bigger the problem, the greater the sense of feeling like there is nothing that they can do. All the while, the media cracks their whip and snaps their attention back to the things that distract them from those painful realities. And for the record, don't bother trying to drown yourself in tv in the hopes of re-assimilating. It doesn't work. I tried.
It's not that they are brainwashed, per se. The reality is that they are overloaded. The technique that I've been using is a soft push. I basically force them to detach for just a little while where they can simply relax. I do so by hitting on what would be the etiquette and manners rules that we all grew up with. Information is an addiction but unfortunately, the way things are, it becomes an addiction. You have to break the dopamine cycle before they'll see anything.

Some century, I'll have to try to put what I see into words and graphics. Main reason why I don't is because I'm pretty sure that I would be declared insane.
But I see what I see, madness or no.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Is this what you see in the media? The groups are divided within left and right, contrary to what the media may present. Media tends to follow the most radical of opinions because it's more sensationalist and will provoke people to talk. Reality is that most people hover at the center in political opinions/ideologies. For instance, on marriage issues, I have plenty of friends that support same sex marriage regardless of their left/right dynamic (or without regard as to whether they are republican/democrat). I'm less likely to have a democrat friend who is against it and more likely to have a Republican friend who is against it. Basically, the left v. right "hard lines" are pretty soft on all these issues in reality and end up with political divisions within each side. Most people are actually moderate.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

So you think you have the answer?? Let's see what you got..,
Well first of all, what is the condition, and what causes it.

You want answers to what condition? That the American people are dumbed down, and kept that way? You want answers on how to circumvent the effects of Fluoridation and Mercury poisoning, and legalized drugging, and testosterone levels dropping to levels of castration?

TV, Politics, Wars, Social issues, Religious indoctrination, Secret Society Initiation, Left verses right, good verses bad, The bold and the Beautiful, all nothing but tools! But Education can only go so far in solving any problem, and it can never catch up and takeover the tools.

What the people need desperately are the tools to counter the tools used against them. Who has the key to the peoples tool shed?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye
[more
Music was once very very informative. Then it was chopped up into thousands of specialties, allowing for " I listen to this not that and don't likes ".
Music could still be an answer, would we hear? would we listen? Would we dance?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join