It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you think you have the answer?? Let's see what you got..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It is so obvious to me. I can see it, I can feel it, I can almost taste it.

We are the minority. I would like to think that there are more people waking up, but I fear they are not.

I see it in my own family.

Example: They are all messed up about some partial birth abortion legislation going on in Colorado. Ok. I get that, that is upsetting even to a pro-choicer. But come on. That is their entire focus right now. And last week it was welfare mothers. The week before that they were ranting and raving about illegals.

These are the things the majority of folks are focused on. Well, on their lunch breaks, and at the evening news time, and of course, at their in box.

You never hear the MSM talk about the corporate welfare that is dished out every year. Nope, they don't talk about that. We don't hear about how Exxon Mobil logged a first quarter profit of 2 freakin billion dollars, and paid zero taxes last year. At the top of the hour they aren't talking about how the fed issues 85 billion dollars a month to the primary dealers, you know the TBTF banks, while they buy up all the government bonds because no one else will anymore.

They don't talk about the smash and grab that is going on in this country. And a lot of people argue about immigration, or persecution of some christian religion, or some abortion issue, or something else that is so stupid to be arguing about at this moment. This country has issues. I see a lot of people all over the place. Gun control, that is a big one that has taken up a lot of space, as it should. But not so much that we lose focus on the systemic problems.

They say it takes a village to raise a child. I say it is gonna take this whole damn country to raise some hell.
edit on 3-5-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Only a few percents have the interest, the resources, and the courage, to face a religious, political, philosphical, or scientific debate full in the face.
There may come a time when it is to late for debate
At that time
they/we may wish they /we had delt with the issues before more serious damage had materialized

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Good post !

Unfortunately, people are obsessed with comparative trivia, the small issues of day to say life that they can relate to, whereas the big important issues, usually issues they cannot directly relate to in everyday life, go unnoticed.

It doesn't help that the MSM have " Dumbed down " people's thinking skills and expectations with amongst other things " Reality " T.V....

Here in the U.K. I know people who have'nt a clue what is going on in the big wide world, but can tell you exactly what is going on in some trashy soap like " Eastenders " or " Coronation Street " et al.

Sad.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Raise hell just to raise hell ? Or raise hell with a purpose.? Either way raising hell will get
you two things for sure. Attention and more hell.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

That is so crazy to me. I know you feel the same way. I don't get the detachment that people resort to. I know I watch my parents. They don't want to hear it. They want to watch American Idol and America's Funniest Home Videos.

Damn, maybe that is what we should do. Cuz we can't change it. Sometimes you can know too much.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Raise hell just to raise hell ? Or raise hell with a purpose.? Either way raising hell will get
you two things for sure. Attention and more hell.

lowering hell would be good

I think the jesus method peace as typified by ganhdi might be the more productive

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread but it still hold true here.

As the old saying goes; you can lead the horse to water but you can't make him drink. The majority of the population live in denial as they simply can not handle the reality of things. Their idea is that it will somehow all be better tomorrow and work itself out. Then when they find their world crumbling around them they become victims of their own lack of preparation.

Chamberlain came back to England waving a piece of paper say that they had peace in Europe. Less than 30 days later Hitler invaded Poland and WWII was on. Everyone new war was coming but few did anything to protect their family's. Those that did survived and the rest...well lets just say history doesn't leave a very pretty picture.

Today is nothing different, few have prepared and the majority have not, history repeats. The war will occur, the unprepared will parish and those that did will survive to pickup the pieces and carry on. The best you can do is warn family and friends but it's up to them to heed the warning and take action. That's all you can do, like the horse, it's up to them to drink.

I do not live in the US nor do I listen to MSM. It's not just in the US that you find these issues, it's global and the reaction to said same is identical. People are glued to the TV watching their favorite sitcom or sport and all up in arms about the latest none issue. Few will wakeup to the facts before their eyes, it's better to keep ones head buried in the sand and pretend all is well in Pleasantville. Until the day arrives and they find themselves in a world they hoped would never come and failed to prepare for but by then it's to late.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Hmmm. Interesting. Yes, I agree to a point.

It is global and there are people going off in parts of the European Union. There are countries that are dealing with austerity and haircuts and they are raising hell. These are small countries. Not to minimize their pain, please understand.

When austerity takes place here, you are gonna see the gates of hell open. See, that is what they have been preparing for. It is gonna be real ugly.

Hopefully, I am wrong.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ezrin

OK, I took a look. I don't get it??? Is it pertinent to our conversation. Sometimes I am dense. You have to spell it out for me

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ezrin

Ok it is the mayan calendar with a lot of spooky stuff around it. Please spell it out for me. I just don't get it. I want to, don't get me wrong.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ezrin

You are scaring me. Either explain or stop it.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
i'm not an expert; but, i think i have developed a skill to discern an individual's interpretation (consciousness) as it relates to the collective consciousness [hall of records].

can only do it visually

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
it is not scary; perfect "universal" expression; no "babel"/words needed

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
would eliminate am·bi·gu·i·ties in communication

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
ultimately; allow: www.howstuffworks.com...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ezrin

OK Ezrin, I am trying to understand what you are saying.

I just don't get it. You are gonna have to spell it out for me. Please.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join