It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Appalling irresponsibility': Senior scientists attack Chinese researchers for creating new strain

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

'Appalling irresponsibility': Senior scientists attack Chinese researchers for creating new strains of influenza virus in veterinary laboratory

www.independent.co.uk

Experts warn of danger that the new viral strains created by mixing bird-flu virus with human influenza could escape from the laboratory to cause a global pandemic killing millions of people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Created in a veterinary lab.

Why anyone would think, " Hey let's take some bird flu virus, and mix it up, and see what we get.".

It very well could have created a global pandemic considering what has happened in recent years.

Whose to say those others we all know were not created the same way.

Only a matter of time before there would be those who would trying to weaponize the bird flu. etc.

Sure they can say that was not their intention yadda, yadda, but come on bio warfare is still alive, and well all over the world.

That is the epitome of irresponsibility no doubt.

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Relax Neo, I am sure they will create a new, safe, vaccine against this for all benefit of mankind.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Gaze upon your end humanity.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Relax Neo, I am sure they will create a new, safe, vaccine against this for all benefit of mankind.

Can't help myself it's like is this how zombies get created?

Shake n bake in vet labs?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This is good news!

Now start worrying about the ones we dont know about.

edit on 2-5-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
This is good news!

Now start worrying about the ones we dont know about.

edit on 2-5-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

No, no, they are announcing it so when it "accidently" escapes the lab and kills millions/billions, they can say whoops but we did everything we could to contain it. Mea culpa.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Who knows what goes on in some lab located in some secret part of the world?

Some of this stuff is like a kid taking a machine apart to see how it works hoping they can put it back together again. Man I hated when halves were pulled apart and springs shot out in all directions!

If nature doesn't do the culling then we may do it to ourselves.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
And you gotta wonder since all the lab equipment has "Made in China" stamped on it.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Wouldn't be the first time somebody made a super strain on accident. Scientists in Australia did the same thing but with Mousepox (could be translated to Smallpox easily) that had 100% fatality in vaccinated mice if I recall correctly. Talk about virulent.

www.abc.net.au...
www.cidrap.umn.edu...

Yep. 100% fatality in previously vaccinated mice. Sigh. At least the second article is about them trying to find a way to cure it. Hope maybe?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I would like to see the projects these same 'senior scientists' have been involved with. This sorta crap bappens all the time, but when it is the CDC doing it, it is 'to learn.'

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I would like to see the projects these same 'senior scientists' have been involved with. This sorta crap bappens all the time, but when it is the CDC doing it, it is 'to learn.'

Yeah the CDC does it, but not usually in vet labs.

People still have problems with it as they should.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

then charge us a mint to get it!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Oh here we go !!! Could this be a ZOMBIE strain ??????

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
As much as I like a good Walking Dead People movie, I don't think we will ever see real Zombies.

This stuff truly scares me. Just because they can do something clearly does not mean they should do it.

I suppose the argument would be, to be prepared with a vaccine just in case, but in this case it's a risk too far. This is like the start of a bad Sci-Fi movie on the Sci-Fi Channel.

All I can do is shake my head in disbelief since we clearly have no say in these things. I can’t imagine a majority of people anywhere on the planet saying “yeah, go ahead and do that”.

Bad Chinese Scientist's, go to your room and no dinner for you

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Reminds me of 'I Am Legend', when they modified the Measles Virus to create a 'cure' for cancer...

...I think we all know what happened there.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Guys, you do actually realize that we are in quite a precarious position this time around, right?

In the last 100-200 years or so, there haven't been these type of mass lab experiments or whatnot where scientists test diseases and create new strains and whatnot. Yet, this is what we do today. Therefore, the chance for a deadly strain being accidentally released has grown by a thousand-fold, because in the past, such lab experimentations did not occur.

It's just something to think about - and worry a little bit about (but not too much). But it is slightly concerning still...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
looks like it may have escaped or this is just a coincidence.

www.belfasttelegra... ph.co.uk/news/health/h7n9-birdflu-virus-in-china-could-lead-to-a-global-pandemic-29237347.html

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
High populations of animals eventually suffer a massive viral outbreak.

Someday there will be entire countries that require seclusion or quarantine unless medical science can come up with a magic bullet.

Id prefer to walk around in a MLJINOR suit though... a nice self contained suit sounds cozy.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by murfdog

Fixed your link:

H7N9 bird-flu virus in china could lead to a global pandemic.

edit on 2-5-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join