It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man opens fire with AR-15 rifle at Houston airport checkpoint before turning gun on himself

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This All screams, Look at me, look at me. He obviously knew he was going to die, so He decided to go out with as much attention drawn to him as possible. The Media, doesnt help when they play news clips 24-7 of these ridiculous stunts. Over and Over, until the media grinds it into your head.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
the anti gun folk are a lot like terrorists.

terrorists hate our freedoms and do things so that the gov takes them away.
anti gun folk hate 1 freedom (unless the bullets are used on the gun owners themselves) and want the gov to take it away.

lets ban both

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The anti-gunners will have to do better than this. Story already dropped/forgotten.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

How often do you hold your firearm in firing position with your finger on the trigger?
Have you ever taken pictures posing with your guns and not shown anyone else?
Have you ever lined up a person in your sights without their knowledge?
How often you you fantasize about killing people with your guns?
How often does the fantasy end with you taking your own life?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by oniraug

Yea, why couldn't it have be an anti-gunner that did this? Well, I guess we'd have to convert them to gunners first. But ya know, we'll work out the details later. Anyway, freakin' ban them em all. lock'em up. Stupid people have no idea what the US Constitution is. Once we get them in camps, they can be taught.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Shooter identified as Carnell Marcus Moore

The AR-15 was initially ID'ed as the weapon, though that has now changed:

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=9087861
Police say they recovered Moore's handgun from the scene and found a rifle inside a truck believed to belong to him.

or

www.cbsnews.com...
Inside a black suitcase next to where Moore was sitting, HSI, FBI and Houston PD found a black suitcase contains a Smith & Wesson AR15 assault weapon with a fully loaded magazine.

And why wasn't this suitcase neutralized/blown up by the bomb squad?  Wouldn't that have been the first suspicion amongst the LE?  Maybe because they already knew he didn't have a bomb.

--------------

Apparently the cop that shot him was no ordinary DHS pogue.   And since when does the DHS have branch offices at airports now?

www.cbsnews.com...
The shot were heard by a special agent of Homeland Security Investigations (HSI). The HSI office is about 150 feet from the shooting.

------------

It could have been far worse:

www.cbsnews.com...
In Moore's car, more .223 ammo for the weapon was found. Earlier in the day, Moore had posted on social media that he intended to commit a mass shooting today. A handwritten note found on Moore's body said he had changed his mind and wanted to kill himself.

----------

dailycaller.com...
“When I came off the airplane, the line to get people to check into TSA was exceptionally long,” Don Irvine, who is in Houston for the NRA’s annual meeting, told TheDC. “They only had one agent, one person checking ID, which was jamming things up in A.”

The shooting happened in Terminal B.  I wonder if the line in that terminal was equally as long.  If so, it certainly would have presented a mass shooter with plenty of targets.  Perhaps intentionally.

bigstory.ap.org...
Newburn, from Gainesville, Fla., said it took him a few seconds to realize that the shots had come from the ticketing area, near the security checkpoint.

------------

If he wanted to commit a mass shooting what would have been the motive?

If he changed his mind and just wanted to commit suicide why did he bring the rifle into the terminal?

If he just wanted to commit suicide why did he go to the airport to do it?

What do we know about this man?  Nothing.  Job?  Military history?  Treatment by the mental health system? Use of SSRIs?  There has to be a motive somewhere, something other than a 'monster' inside of him.  But I see nothing.

Interestingly, a few early, and apparently erroneous, reports said the shooter was 'dressed like a wolf,' and just days ago President Obama gave a speech warning us of the lone wolf terrorist. So maybe that inference was not an accident either.

/

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Rocker2013

My agenda is to support the Constitution of the United States.

This guy could have popped a bunch of pills or drank Drano in the airport. I don’t know his agenda. But I DO know the agenda of the news outlets that are reporting it.

So your agenda is to uphold a document that includes a vastly inadequate and outdated statement about weaponry?

I know the constitution is to many Americans what the Bible is to Christian fanatics, but there has to be a limit on how literal the translation is.

When the constitution was written it was not Humanly possible to shoot several hundred people a minute. Guns were not freely available then, and the types of firepower you now have could not possibly have been foreseen. If those people could see what their statement has done to your country and the kinds of atrocities it has allowed, they would be disgusted.

It's great to have something to believe in, but when it comes to guns, Americans screaming about their rights to own any kind of firepower based on this old piece of paper is no different to the stoning of women in Iran - both are outdated traditions ideas that have no place in modern society.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Suicide by Cop is the most likely description of what happened.

Sorry but I disagree with you on that statement.

Suicide by cop is a suicide method in which a suicidal individual deliberately acts in a threatening way, provoking a lethal response from a law enforcement officer or other legitimately armed individual, such as being shot to death.[1]

The guy pulled out another gun and shot himself. NOT suicide by cop, more like a statement.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot

Pretty much everyone has an agenda, agree with them or not. Currently my agenda is to brew a pot of decaf here shortly

You are so correct. I have my fresh made coffee sitting in front of me

Everyone does have an agenda, but not all agendas are politically driven.

Definition of AGENDA
1 : a list or outline of things to be considered or done
2 : an underlying often ideological plan or program

My agenda is to attempt to spread common sense and critical thinking to others.
*My only hope is that common sense and critical thinking is more contagious than stupidity and the lack of reading comprehension*

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
CNN (not exactly know for being conservative) has posted that he shot a Glock handgun into the air twice
He was approached by a DHS officer who fired once at him & hit him in the shoulder
Then he killed himself with 1 round through the temple.

They specifically said that even though he had an AR-15 it was in a case & was not used or taken out during the ordeal.

CNN - Houston airport shooter...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
He didn't really "open fire" though. He shot into the air and then killed himself, his intent however misguided was obviously not to hurt people, at least......... That is how it seems.

Yeah...his message was pretty clear.."Give me liberty, or give me Death".

What he was saying basically, is "Look, I don't want to hurt anyone, but I'm not going to live in a state that takes my liberties away. And as proof, here's my demonstration !"

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by redoubt
Of course, then they would have cars and other things. But, we just have to stick to it. We know we can't blame people so... we just outlaw whatever we need to as we go.

Yep, now if only all those proven statistics of lower gun crime in nations where the laws were changed weren't getting in the way of all that pesky NRA propaganda

Australia implemented a gun ban, and the statistics (which are freely available and published) prove, irrefutably, that violent gun crime DROPPED.

Damn those facts!
link? source? proof?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
They're really trying to change public opinion on gun control, aren't they?

Thank goodness this time they didn't choose to harm kids.

really? 30,000 gun deaths in America each year and the reason?... it's all about trying to get gun control passed.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Keep your fascist world view out of my country

Part of being free are the costs associated with having free will - which includes having to deal with the occasional crazy.

We need to do better stopping people when they're flashing warning signs & not worry as much about what can be done after the fact

IE: They should have been knocking on this guys door as soon as he posted the "I'm going to ___ tomorrow" statements

There are so many guns in this country already that it's going to be impossible to take them off the street and they can't even enforce the legislation we have on the books already so we definitely don't need more.

ETA:

This statement:

Yep, now if only all those proven statistics of lower gun crime in nations where the laws were changed weren't getting in the way of all that pesky NRA propaganda Australia implemented a gun ban, and the statistics (which are freely available and published) prove, irrefutably, that violent gun crime DROPPED. Damn those facts!

...is flat wrong

Your whole argument gets DESTROYED when you start looking at all crime statistics
The facts are that virtually every other violent crime statistic went up DRAMATICALLY - including MURDER

AND - I have proof:

Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.

National Center for Policy Analysis

Damn those pesky facts indeed

OH YEAH - By the way...
That "old piece of paper" is what made this country the leader of the free world so you keep your grubby hands off of it.
edit on 4-5-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

No he didn't - he said there's a monster inside of him & he was afraid he was going to hurt people

Why are you trying to make it sound like he was a patriot or had some political agenda?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

An air marshal missed?

I forget the statistics but all cops in the country only hit their targets like 30% of the time. Not sure if that is the exact percentage but it's really low, you can look it up. It's hard to hit something with a pistol that's farther than 20 yards.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

PLEASE to me your being sarcastic... In your perfect world insane people find ways to remove all your freedoms to a point service is required to wipe your ass so you dont spread a bio hazard.

Think through your actions EVEN to the extreme to see true potential of your actions.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You have to be joking!
this is a MK ultra mind job.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
reply to post by SQUEALER

No he didn't - he said there's a monster inside of him & he was afraid he was going to hurt people

Why are you trying to make it sound like he was a patriot or had some political agenda?

Because we have seen many such patriots. The last one I remember flew his private plane into the IRS building, basically saying take my yacht and my house, will ya, so here's my body too.

edit on 4-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

and this, my friend is why I want to have as many guns as I can get my hands on. So, when people like you who not only feel the constitution is antiquated(funny how it is always certain parts too, you want freedom of speech but to hell with guns) or compare it to Sharia law need help when the SHTF and are pointing us all out so you can survive because you were blind..well, I can make sure the problem is taken care of to protect my family from you.

The nation is separated for no reason other than you are programmed to hate FOX news but believe the presidents press secretary because they want to usher in change. Give us hope. Give us Direction. Change to what? You want change, go try to survive in those third world countries you want to protect or charge Bush with war crimes in. They would kill you and steal you clothes in 4 minutes.

We as a country are a leader. Now, they want us to follow blindly into the night...what a bunch of #...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join