It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Collaoration - Here is the scenerio, "Its the End of the World"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
"Its the End of the World"

If you had a chance, what historic record would you leave behind to be found in the far off future? Just remember, it's the end of the world as we know it & we are privy to information and mistakes that someone someday will not be privledged to.

Think seriously about this for a minute. Based on your experience on planet earth, the joys you remember, the sad, the good and the bad...the economic, the goverment, earth quakes, nuclear things that should probably never have been invented, medical advances, etcetera. Depending on your emotions, personality & the way you see things from your vantage point - what record would you want someone else to find in the far off future should anyone stumble across it?

I don't think that we should add to someone elses work here, but let us all leave our own independant story. Perhaps you may want think of it as a love story so another future generation of human beings don't fall into the same dispair that we currently find humanity in today; or maybe you want to leave a "False Utopia" record so that none of the bad ever existed. A world where mankind governed themselves? It's your choice. It will be facinating to read how other people perceive our civilization. I will post my record when I have seriously pondered what I want to leave behind.

Enjoy.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
And perhaps you want to write 2 different scenerio's? One truth and a false?

I am entertaining this same thought myself

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

It's the end of the world . . (as we know it).

Could we leave an historical record consisting of three (3) parts ?
One, what we don't like about this failed world.
Two, what we do like about our present world.
Three, the possibilities of future generations ?

(By the way, good to see you again).

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Yes, of course my good friend SIEGE. You can write it however you might like to do it.

By the way....It's good to see you too.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If someone finds this record, please understand that it is not meant to give excuses for our clumsy handling of the world we were given. It is just personal opinions about what brought about our demise. It is the end of the world as
"I" know it because . . .
Mankind has failed to develop any kind of symbiotic relationship with this planet. We were born into the sunshine and blue skies and aromatic winds of Earth but have never appreciated it with the respect it is due. We have over-consumed, . . . greed surpassing need. We have taken much and replaced little. Somewhere along the line we changed from being equal to being "more equal". We let our compassion for our fellow man dwindle to obscurity,
and as a people we went from being united to being divided, divided in many ways and by many things. We became liars and cheats and elitists. Selfish.
But most importantly we became un-caring. Numb.
And we were a thankless lot.
So if you continue to read on, you may find in this brief record an honest assessment of our shortcomings, as stated in the above paragraph, . . . and . . . a similar assessment of our positive attributes.
Please know that the truth needs to be known, and . . . used for understanding.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

Missed you! Can we adapt this for a screen play?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Greetings to those who read these words:

It is with much sadness that I pen this document. Our world sits on the brink of destruction, and mere moments are left before my hand no longer has life to write this. If this is being read, I must assume that it the world is much different than the time in which this was written.

For those curious to my fate, and that of the world around me, I have answers that you may or may not be aware of. I'm sure that you have seen the giant machines placed around the world. Do you know what they were for?

We had destroyed our atmosphere, and those machines were suppose to fix it. I don't remember the exact number of them, but I know that you couldn't stand beside one and not be able to see the next one, even though they were several miles apart.

Together, these machines worked as a giant filter for the atmosphere. The removed dangerous toxins, and used water to replace the missing oxygen that was suppose to be in the air. I don't know specifics on how it was suppose to work, but the scientist said it was full-proof. That lasted for about 5 seconds after the machines were turned on. Something was wrong in their calculations, and almost instantly, the planet's atmosphere was sucked away and replaced with something I dare not call an "atmosphere".

Had I not been an avid sports diver, I would already be dead. I'm breathing from my last tank of air right now as I type this. I only have a few moments left before I'm finished. My skin is melting from my body, and my hair is falling out. I will miss this life.

I leave this document as a warning:

Let not greed be the master of your society, for nothing is more valuable than the soil beneath you feet, the air within your lungs, the water in your glass, and the love that's in your life.

Sincerely,

A Dead Man

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SIEGE

Part II

So now that you know that we suffered from a myriad of imperfections, maybe you should also know that we sometimes got it right. Let me tell you how good things here on Earth were during our lifetimes. To begin with, our bodies adapted to the planet as we grew. We developed "senses" that enabled us to "experience". Our experiences were then turned into "memories". We began to learn faster, especially from our mistakes. We could feel heat, and cold. Pain, and pleasure. And with pleasure came . . . happiness. Ah, pleasure ! Let me tell you about some of the pleasures !
Slow dancing with your favorite gal, . close-dancing. Feeling each others body heat rise as you moved with the music. Smells of fresh popped popcorn. The sound of raindrops beating on the roof and the feel of the cool water touching your skin. The views of the sun rising every morning, sometimes in a foggy mist and sometimes in a picture-perfect blue sky. Waterfalls. Mountains. Meadows. Rivers. Lakes. Trees. Flowers. Yes, definitely flowers ! The colors and aromas vivid in their particular habitats. And . . . people !
Family, friends, and neighbors. Mostly good, hard-working individuals trying to make the world a better place to live. Farmers, growing food for the hungry. Ranchers. Doctors. Dancers. Business people. Teachers. Scientists!
And laughter. God was it fun to laugh, especially when you were laughing with someone.
And did I mention love ? We . . . loved. It was adoration beyond knowing . Love filled us with so many emotions.
Hope. Fear. Security. Terror. A whole gamut of feelings that supported love. We loved others. We loved that special "one". We loved living. We loved being in love. We loved making love. It was surely the best of everything
and the worst of everything.
You're probably wondering why, if we had all of this, why weren't we more successful as a race ? Are you yourself human ? I hope you are but if you're not that's okay. Maybe this disc has helped you to see a brief history of our lives, here on Earth. I hope you are able to understand the word "exciting". Because that's what our lives were, exciting. We seemed to always be on the edge of something sigificant happening.

And then of course . . . . . it did.

Please use Part III of this disc to verify survivor status.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SIEGE

Report : No.263,711 Survivor Status

Offering : Life forms appear to be extinct.

Offering : A selection from The Traveling Wilburys - "End of the Line".
Last played : 263,711 years ago.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Offering : Que Sera,Sera ?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Part 1

I don't know where to start? If you have found this notebook, then it is good to know that some life on planet earth survived. At the time of this writing, the earth year is 2013. All has been lost. I write to warn you of our mistakes so that you might heed the warning and not fall into the same patterns. I fear that history itself is a giant vicious circle as seen in my day, and also the days of our forefathers all the way back to the very beginning of time.

I, myself, did not really begin to start questioning thing that were going on in the world around me until the year 1999. I was preoccupied, i was raising my children. My very first big worry was the year 2000. The year of the big computer scare. Were computers capable of flipping over to the start of a new millennium? What are computers you might ask? Well, computers were a device that allowed people to keep all their records in one place. You could do your banking, read a book, listen to music and receive mail from friends and family and a lot more. I know not weather you will run across any fragmented pieces of what once was a computer. Computers became useless after the big EMP strike that took down our power grid and fried any and all technological device that once were.

Mankind has always been hateful to one another. Wars have existed since the beginning of time, since any two opposing brothers or sisters thought to destroy and control the other. I could mention the bible and the stories in it to you, but I don't believe I could make you understand. I would have left a copy of the bible along with this notebook had the governments of the world not confiscated all copies of the bible and destroyed them. In a nut shell, the bible in itself was a history book with stories that went back 1000's of years before my days on planet earth. I can faithfully say that I believe in the bible. There were too many archeological finds for me personally to refute it. Many people did refute it though, right up to their dying day.

To be continued..

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

You're going to have to pin both SIEGE and myself down if you want to use some of our work for a screen play. I am open to the idea. Which one would you choose? Do you have a favorite?

Is SIEGE open to the idea? This isn't your first request.... I know. Lets see if we can get you an answer Olaru

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Ah, Roger That, . . . affirmative, over ?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Gone are the days of innocence.

It was such a wonderful thing during my childhood. Now, at the end of time as we know it, is the worst of the worst rift. The religious persecution is horrible...so very terrible. It is no longer allowed to publicly show your faith. If you do, and it is reported to the tyrants, you will be swiftly beheaded. Crisianity has all gone underground just as it has many other times down through history, but I shan't speak of the Middle Ages in this notebook at least not indepthly only in reference.

How did we get to this point? I will try to pen it for you.... Whoever you may be? if you pardon my rambling. The inside on my head is full unto bursting, like a big jigsaw puzzle. I will attempt to place the pieces of history in their proper place. Shall I offer you the short version...in a nut shell? Or should I be more detailed?
edit on 5/8/2013 by jensouth31 because: To add

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Details desired.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I know you lost the "b". (see above).

Does that mean you're saving the "b" for last ?

"B", as in . . . . "best" ?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
After Y2K; now, looking back, that seemed to be just one big scare-tactic. The next big life jolting event in my time that started waking people up from their long slumber was September 11, 2001. That was the day the World Trade Center in New York was hit by airplanes. It was a terrorist attack on American soil, so they said. As time went on, many suspicious things about the official story started to appear. The official story was nothing less than a Bucket full of holes. It was an inside job to get America into another war. A planned scheme. Yet the people bought it hook- line and sinker. I mean really it wasn't in our nature to ever believe that a civilization would knowingly plan and trick their own people just to bring about their evil blueprint.

Although the changes were somewhat subtle, they were also fast and furious. We were sleeping with our eyes wide open. One day it seemed as though everything was normal, life was good- even enjoyable. In the blink of an eye ...just like that... the whole world had gone to hell in a hand basket! In just one generation the moral values of the citizens were gone! Completely wiped out. It was all downhill after integrity died.

How did it happen? My God.... How could the people be so stupid to let it happen again and again down through history? I'll tell you how! They told you what they wanted you to hear, they reprogrammed the school children especially well. They kept you distracted with Hollywood movies, with new wonderful inventions, gadgets, T.V. , with alcohol, with any and all measure of pleasurable distractions. It was just like one big Trojan horse! While the people engaged in their own matrixical lust over money & pleasure 'they' infiltrated the fortified city and so began the slaughter!

Before computers and the Internet came along; the common folks were really left in he dark as to the evils of the systematic powers that were hidden in high loftily places. Let me just tell you that the "System" was nothing more that a big very well organized crime racket from start to finish. From the textbooks they rewrote history. If you only had those teachings to learn by? they could make your children forget yesterday by blotting out the truth of the past and blending in a new falsehood of past history. Thats how they did it! It only takes one generation to wipe out society.

These inside jobs, false flags... Whatever you might want to call them were shocking, fear-mongering distractions all the while behind the iron curtain 'their' evil plan was thrust forth. It was so very horrible that even I do not understand how my spirit has survived long enough to document this and warn you.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE
I know you lost the "b". (see above).

Does that mean you're saving the "b" for last ?

"B", as in . . . . "best" ?

I don't see a B.

If I've kept you waiting? I do tend to move to the beat of my own drum. Patience my friend. Spring time ushers in lots of seasonal chores for me....

My garden has been calling my name
I am guilty of abandoning my writing! It comes in spurts.....

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So you see, they've managed to dupe us ! Things are not the way they seem. And when we revolted against the double-talk and the lies, our credibility became an issue. We were labeled as trouble-makers; anti-government and anti-people. But that wasn't the whole story either. They didn't want us to learn anything. We didn't have "a-need- to-know" and we would never be granted that privilege.
So when word came of the ice melts in Antarctica, and of the discoveries there, we garnered no respect from our
fellow countrymen when we pleaded for disclosure.
I will tell you about a simple error eons ago that led to our personal ignorance of our survival.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Global warming is for real. Thousands of years ago an information pod was transported to an isolated area of the world, and buried as a sort of time capsule, to be opened sometime in the future hopefully by survivors of an E.L.E. on planet Earth. Great care was undertaken to insure the survivability of the pod and its contents. It was believed that through normal weather conditions and erosion, the pod would be discovered in a thousand years or so, and mankind would then learn of its beginning, and its historical accomplishments. Its origination.

But that was back then, before the magnetic pole changes.

Before the snow. Much snow. And cold. And ice. Much ice. And snow again. Much snow.

Maybe, just maybe, the pod was wrongfully located to this . . . this . . .wasteland.

And years go by and the ice thickens into glaciers. Many thousands of years, instead of just one thousand.

The pod is undiscoverable.

One day, many many years later, water trickles down from a broken ice shelf. The air is warmer than it has been for eons. More ice breaks off, exposing one side of the information pod. Immediately existing satelittes pick up readings of its size and shape.

Alerts are sent out. (Quietly, secretly).

As the sun melts even more ice, there are no longer trickles ,but streams, rivers. The great thaw has arrived.

top topics

join