It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston - where did the big monitor go?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Serious question here, I was linked to another forum, the only one talking about this, and am seriously wondering about this puzzling "evidence ".

Maybe the screen dropped? But I can imagine it would have caused even more damage and wouldnt have gone unreported? Maybe it was edited out but I seriously doubt that, and for what purpose would they?

Lets get to the pics shall we?

At the finish line, its very clear to see the big monitor in front of/between the red building and the glass one.
(EDIT: this image is possibly of a similar event days earlier, as can be found on page 2, however, the video on page 2 shows the monitor being present when the marathon winner passes by, and it then being gone when the bombs go off. See the links at the bottom of my post, please)

Then, when the bombs went off, its gone?? Where did it go? You can check the video of the explosion, there is NO monitor, none. Why is it gone? One might suggest it was moved, but in the video that starts pre bomb, there is no monitor.

You can just as well look up pics from after the blasts, look for the red building next to the glass one.

Before the usual censoring attempts commence I'd like to add I dont subscribe to any CTs surrounding this event, though I do believe there are many inconsistencies.

Thank you for solving this. Hope this doesnt get closed for whatever reason, can only find this brought up on one other place and its not even glp.

Contributions of members that are better at explaining what I mean; www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-5-2013 by Strawberry88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2013 by Strawberry88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You can just as well look up pics from after the blasts, look for the red building next to the glass one.

Why wouldn't you post them in your thread?

I found the original source of the image and the person responsible for it. It was indeed taken days away:

What do I write about today?
On Sunday morning I ran a 5K race that ended at the Boston Marathon finish line. In this photo I'm jogging directly past the spot where the first bomb would go off on Monday.

www.lucidsportsfan.com...
edit on 1-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

edit on 1-5-2013 by Wifibrains because: Post removed

link   
reply to post by Strawberry88

That picture is 30 minutes into the race at the 5k mark...no where near the finish line and the bomb blasts.

EDIT: This is actually not correct, see my next post.
edit on 1-5-2013 by LogicGrind because: (no reason given)

link   
Your first picture is of the 5k Finish line.

The event happen at the 42k / 26 mile finish line.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
In any case, from the pictures I found, it looks like the pictures after are focusing only on the bomb areas which are not were the monitors are. Sometimes I wonder how you people expect for perfect before & after pictures to be taken. And if there were, wouldn't that be a sign something is fishy, just dozens and dozens of pictures perfectly taken before and after...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yikes. Thread killed.

This is why peer review and analysis is important when investigating something.

Ignorance Denied.

Mods, I assume this thread belongs somewhere?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprex

The buildings and street / sidewalk area matches up to the bomb site.

In the video above, you can see the same general location in the first 15 seconds and again when the camera operator pans to look at the second bombing.

Do they not use the same finish line for all races and just move the starting line around?

edit on 1-5-2013 by PointDume because: Youtube Vido issues

edit on 1-5-2013 by PointDume because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2013 by PointDume because: Fixing YouTube link

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicGrind

That picture is 30 minutes into the race at the 5k mark...no where near the finish line and the bomb blasts.

Actually, I take that back.

This isn't the Boston Marathon...this is the Boston 5k, a different race I think the day before...same finish line.

I think the issue here is the angles the pictures were taking from...that monitor is between the two buildings. The picture at the 5k was taken on the opposite side of the street so you can see it. The video of the explosion is taken on the same side of the street so you can't see it.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I was just going to say none of the buildings match behind the flags.

This has happened with every pic that is claimed to be proof of "now it's there now it's not"

Yeah...because it's two different places geniuses....

Upon further analysis it seems many things in the pic/video are different. Currently looking into an explanation.

To update, I was grossly mistaken about this being taken from different angles or of different areas. It seems when I first looked into it, I was checking the types of flags in both pictures, in relation to the light poles along the roadway. Because I noticed differences, I believed this must be two separate locations. Of course though, the buildings indeed match up. What we have deduced throughout this thread is that the jumbotron made for Hancock (a sponsor of the race) was up in the area of the OP pic, days before the race, and it seems at least until the winner of the marathon crossed the finish line.

After that however, when the IEDs went off, it was either moved or taken down. The advertising billboard, seems to be attached to a mobile unit, which means it could be transported or taken down pretty quickly.

AMI Graphics LLC were the ones responsible for the billboard, you can check out there FB page here.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
In any case, from the pictures I found, it looks like the pictures after are focusing only on the bomb areas which are not were the monitors are. Sometimes I wonder how you people expect for perfect before & after pictures to be taken. And if there were, wouldn't that be a sign something is fishy, just dozens and dozens of pictures perfectly taken before and after...

Theres even a video during the explosion where you can see the missing monitor and there are pictures that show it too so I dont see what you're getting at.

I didnt post more since im on my phone for which I apologize.

Was there an earlier event? Was it the main event? Why did they need the monitor for a smaller event but not for the main one? Im not looking for a conspiracy since IF this were proof of anything it would be of the fact that theres CGI involved or something, only needed if the entire bombing video was fake or perhaps recorded on a different time, which im not suggesting, im sure theres an explanation, just want to hear it (including it sounding logical to ME hence the extra questions)

No need to get hostile with me, im just asking a question that I cant ask on msm sites for fear of the reactions, but it seems ATS is no different anymore as a legit question can no longer be asked? Its just something that caught my eye and I was hoping ATS could help, rather than come in to suggest things about me etc. I ask a question so I must be one of the cooks? Get over yourselves.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PointDume

The buildings and street / sidewalk area matches up to the bomb site.

In the video above, you can see the same general location in the first 15 seconds and again when the camera operator pans to look at the second bombing.

Do they not use the same finish line for all races and just move the starting line around?

edit on 1-5-2013 by PointDume because: Youtube Vido issues

edit on 1-5-2013 by PointDume because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2013 by PointDume because: Fixing YouTube link

Look behind, they are not even the same type of buildings. No. They do not match up.

You saw a row of flags, and assumed it must be the same location as any row of flags...

It's clear the flags do not match up, as with other things in the picture/video. This mans a completely different set up. Others mentioned two different set ups, so two different lay out's I assume...

To add, indeed the flags did look to have a different set up. The OP picture was taken a couple days before the day the IEDs went off. However, video has surfaced showing the billboard up during the winner of the race crossing the finish line. For more information see above post by me, or check the 2nd page of this thread.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Frame grab of the video:

The 5K finish line:

These are pretty clearly the same buildings, right?

If the 5K was the day before, they could have taken down the monitor for some reason, including for security reasons.

Look behind, they are not even the same type of buildings. No. They do not match up.

You saw a row of flags, and assumed it must be the same location as any row of flags...

I believe the red building and the building with the glass facade are the same buildings in both images.

The number of stories and shapes of the windows line up from one red building to the other. The architectural rim / cornice / floor separator also lines up on the red building.

The shape of the glass windows lines up from picture to picture.

The colorspace of the image differs and so there are some variations in the exact colorings of things. The focal length of the lenses used to capture the image also differs which accounts for some variations in perceived relative positions and sizes, but these are the same buildings.
edit on 1-5-2013 by PointDume because: Replying to simultaneous post

link   

The 5k mile and finish line must be the same place,
look at the distinctive white building next to the red one with the decorative top. I'm confused but this looks like the same location as the photo in the op so I agree with the the op, where did it go?

Look at this pic of the scene for the other side....
www.chinasmack.com...

edit on 1-5-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

link   

Theres even a video during the explosion where you can see the missing monitor and there are pictures that show it too so I dont see what you're getting at.

I'm getting at this being two entirely different locations. Unless giant multi-story buildings were somehow transplanted for the pictures... The only thing that is similar in both are the flags. That's it.

I believe I made an error here because of the differences removable objects, leading me to assume to different locations.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
As other have pointed out, it's the 5K race held the day BEFORE.

baa.org

EVENT DETAILS

The B.A.A. 5K starts at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, April 14.
Starts at Copley Square Park.
Finishes on Boston Marathon finish line at Boston Public Library.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
As other have pointed out, it's the 5K race held the day BEFORE.

baa.org

EVENT DETAILS

The B.A.A. 5K starts at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, April 14.
Starts at Copley Square Park.
Finishes on Boston Marathon finish line at Boston Public Library.

The most simple answer is that the organizers or security removed the monitor from one day to the next for some reason.

I'm getting at this being two entirely different locations. Unless giant multi-story buildings were somehow transplanted for the pictures... The only thing that is similar in both are the flags. That's it.

The multi-story building is present in both of the above images (frame grab from video and 5K finish line photo).

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm not really into the "conspiracy" behind the boston bombing, and I hate to put in any more doubt out there because I really don't believe any conspiracy is behind these bombins....but the sign is there when the winner finishes, and it appears to be gone when the bomb goes off.

Go to 4 minutes 7 seconds of this clip, or just click this link: www.youtube.com...=04m07s

Very begining of this clip is pretty much the exact same angle of the finish line

Now this doesn't necessarily mean anything...the sign appears to be a temporary sign for the event and they could have taken it down within the 2 hours between the winner crossing and the explosion. Just thought I share what I found.
edit on 1-5-2013 by LogicGrind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I was just going to say none of the buildings match behind the flags.

This has happened with every pic that is claimed to be proof of "now it's there now it's not"

Yeah...because it's two different places geniuses....

WHERE AM I CLAIMING THIS IS PROOF OF ANYTHING???

You people are hilarious, im asking a freaking question, did you read my title? Did you read my op? Did you read my reply? WHAT AM I CLAIMING?

If you would LOOK, youwould see there are pictures all over the net showing the xact same building without monitor and only one, on sites relating to the bombing, WITH monitor.

f there were multiple events I was unawareand if proven ill gladly edit my op, IF youre looking at the right pics, that is. Ill add more pics to my op, but Google images wont let me copy links on my phone and when I visit the soure pages the pics dont load(thx to my crap phone, before some lunatic suggest I think the gov is in my phone :@@

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PointDume

The multi-story building is present in both of the above images (frame grab from video and 5K finish line photo).

In the video look at the Swiss flag, it's two down from what looks to be the Jamaican flag.

They are in a completely different order in the OP picture. The building with the four columns of windows looks similar, but I thought I noticed differences to the building next to it. I will look for other sources and get back to you. It's possible I'm wrong, in which case I will admit my mistake.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join