It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston - where did the big monitor go?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Strawberry88

Theres even a video during the explosion where you can see the missing monitor and there are pictures that show it too so I dont see what you're getting at.

I'm getting at this being two entirely different locations. Unless giant multi-story buildings were somehow transplanted for the pictures... The only thing that is similar in both are the flags. That's it.

No, there is no doubt the buildings are exactly the same. The lamps etc are all exact, unless boston has 2 completely identical streets?

I dont mind seeing this debunked, just please dont pretend im retarded, other users see it too and have posted better "evidence" (of the screen disapearing)

Very plausible that its from different events, but why it was removed for the main remains a question

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

No, there is no doubt the buildings are exactly the same. The lamps etc are all exact, unless boston has 2 completely identical streets?

I dont mind seeing this debunked, just please dont pretend im retarded, other users see it too and have posted better "evidence" (of the screen disapearing)

Very plausible that its from different events, but why it was removed for the main remains a question

I'm not saying you're retarded. I corrected myself. Upon first analyses I noticed none of the flags matched, as well as other "missing" items from the video to the picture. This leads me to believe this was as someone else mentioned, two different events, and two entirely different layouts.

The number of different materials in different positioning led me to believe it was a different place at first, I corrected myself and do not wish for anyone to be believing something that isn't correct.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Winner Shot with Monitor

5K from day before with Monitor

Bomb Video without Monitor

Originally posted by LogicGrind
Now this doesn't necessarily mean anything...the sign appears to be a temporary sign for the event and they could have taken it down within the 2 hours between the winner crossing and the explosion. Just thought I share what I found.

I agree that it doesn't necessarily suggest anything nefarious. Perhaps they just started taking things down once the winners crossed, or whatever. The change of a monitor which was broadcasting video pointed directly at the bomb site from a fixed camera position is interesting though.

They are in a completely different order in the OP picture. The building with the four columns of windows looks similar, but I thought I noticed differences to the building next to it. I will look for other sources and get back to you. It's possible I'm wrong, in which case I will admit my mistake.

They are definitely the same buildings. I do agree with you though that the taller "geometric glass windows" building looks very strange and distorted in the "Silva bombing video." I noticed how it looks different a couple of weeks ago when comparing other footage.

Lens / camera settings plus smoke from bomb could explain the visual inconsistencies.

I think the "Silva bomb video" is shot with a very wide angle setting and/or lens which is why things like the buildings and spatial relationships look odd.
edit on 1-5-2013 by PointDume because: Wide angle lens

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

No, it is in fact the exact same area...I was wrong in my first assesment.

All you have to do is go to 4minutes 7seconds of this video to see the 2013 boston marathon winner cross the finish line and you can clearly see this screen in the background.

Still, to me it doesn't say anything except that they took down that monitor within the 2 hours that the winner crossed and the bomb blew up.
edit on 1-5-2013 by LogicGrind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

WHERE AM I CLAIMING THIS IS PROOF OF ANYTHING???

Don't take it personally. I understand you are on a phone, but maybe it would have been prudent until you had computer access and compile a list of pictures to show an anomaly. So far you have just caused a great deal of confusion, there are way to many inconsistencies showing clearly that this is from two different days, or at bare minimum two different set ups, as none of the flags match among other things. I'm looking for an answer now.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicGrind

Thank you (as well as everyone else contributing) for helping me show others what I mean.

I agree there doesnt necessarily have to be anything bad about this, like I said im not looking for a conspiracy nor am I trying to prove anything with this, but its obvious the screen was removed and I wondered why that is.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

WHERE AM I CLAIMING THIS IS PROOF OF ANYTHING???

Don't take it personally. I understand you are on a phone, but maybe it would have been prudent until you had computer access and compile a list of pictures to show an anomaly. So far you have just caused a great deal of confusion, there are way to many inconsistencies showing clearly that this is from two different days, or at bare minimum two different set ups, as none of the flags match among other things. I'm looking for an answer now.

Please see the post above yours, its the same day..

And yes, I already apologized for this, but cant help it as my phone is currently my only means of browsing ATS (or any other site for that matter)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I believe the photo in the OP is from last year. The monitor's location seems to move each year and the photo matches where it was located last year.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
I believe the photo in the OP is from last year. The monitor's location seems to move each year and the photo matches where it was located last year.

Nope, it was there when the 2013 winner crossed. There is video in this thread and pictures of it.

It is definately there when the winner crosses the finish line and not there when the bombs go off. But that is a 2 hour time difference, so they probably just took it down.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The photo in the OP was taken days away from the bombing. Besides the obvious changes in flag position, many other things are not set up as they were the day of the disaster.

What do I write about today?
On Sunday morning I ran a 5K race that ended at the Boston Marathon finish line. In this photo I'm jogging directly past the spot where the first bomb would go off on Monday.

"Post of photo from the OP"

Yesterday I was in a bar in Kenmore Square around the 25 mile mark when it happened. For me this is going to be one of those moments that you always remember exactly where you were and what you were doing at the time. This afternoon I walked through Boston Common, where the National Guard had set up camp.

The original author of the photo is not happy the CT crowd is using his picture as "evidence" for a totally incomplete theory:

There are some CRAZY people out there on the interweb
This website provides me with data on where visitors come from, and for the past few days I've been getting hits to my page from something called "cluesforum.info." It's a message board/forum dedicated to "exposing media fakery," and it's been directing people here because someone posted my photo of the 5K the day before the Boston Marathon, while credited LucidSportsFan.com as the source. They used it as an example of what the area around the finish line looked like pre-race, which was then being compared to pictures that were taken during the bombing.

The reason? The entire post is dedicated to the concept that the "during" pictures are all fake, and the whole tragedy was a hoax created by the media. Seriously. Here's the link. If you decide to look at it I should warn you that it contains some graphic images of injuries from the explosions, as well as the opinions of pathetically misguided people.

www.lucidsportsfan.com...

Here is a pic of where the events happened:

I will update this shortly

---

We have the shot in the OP that shows the screen but it was taken days before. There is another one here:

The woman holding her hands up, winner of the race, taken a few hours before the IEDs went off.

I think the obvious explanation here, is that since we have pictures of before the final race day, of the Hancock ad in that placement, it goes without saying that it was located there leading up to the final race.

If you look at the actual billboard,

You will notice that it looks like a moving system that is probably connected to a truck bed, so something of the like.

The obvious explanation here is that they moved the billboard for the final race day. Perhaps it was behind the finish line where it would get more exposure? I don't know.

I do know that it is very difficult to find pictures showing it anywhere on final race day.

Which, is normal because the photos tend to be focused on where the IEDs were set off. And not of the surroundings.
edit on 1-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

The monitor is also visible in the video of the Boston marathon winner crossing the finish line earlier in the same day.

No one, as far as I can tell, is yet claiming any kind of conspiracy in this thread (LogicGrind and OP both explicitly stated they are not actively suggesting any kind of conspiracy).

There is very strong evidence here that the monitor was taken down between the time at which the winner of the 2013 Boston Marathon crossed the finish line and the time at which the first bomb was detonated.

Reasons for this are currently obscure.

The photo in the OP was taken days away from the bombing. Besides the obvious changes in flag position, many other things are not set up as they were the day of the disaster.

The OP photo is, at this point in the thread, secondary evidence; the video of the 2013 Marathon winner crossing the finish line clearly shows the monitor in place earlier during the day of the bombing.

edit on 1-5-2013 by PointDume because: added reply

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Are you doing this on purpose? Please look at the video 4posts back.

And people wonder why some here post absolute rubbish all the time? Msybe its because of how much fun it is to see the self proclaimed debunkers twist themselves in turns to quickly solve every puzzle theyre presented... Dont worry, im not going to ope.n 15 threads about this, not going to link it to all the other inconsistencies, you dont have to ease my mind quickly on this one, please just stick to the facts and maybe chip in on why the screen was moved. Its not a different year and most likely not a different day either, its a screen, that was moved after the first finish, and im simply asking if anyone knows why.

Edit to add: turns out the pic in my op is indeed from day before? If so my apologies once more, the video serves better "evidence".
edit on 1-5-2013 by Strawberry88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PointDume

The monitor is also visible in the video of the Boston marathon winner crossing the finish line earlier in the same day.

No one, as far as I can tell, is yet claiming any kind of conspiracy in this thread (LogicGrind and OP both explicitly stated they are not actively suggesting any kind of conspiracy).

There is very strong evidence here that the monitor was taken down between the time at which the winner of the 2013 Boston Marathon crossed the finish line and the time at which the first bomb was detonated.

Reasons for this are currently obscure.

The OP photo is, at this point in the thread, secondary evidence; the video of the 2013 Marathon winner crossing the finish line clearly shows the monitor in place earlier during the day of the bombing.

edit on 1-5-2013 by PointDume because: added reply

It's not so much that it was "taken down" so-to-say, cause in fact, the close up picture of it shows it is a mobile system. It could have been moved simply for post race interviews, etc.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

In any case, from the pictures I found, it looks like the pictures after are focusing only on the bomb areas which are not were the monitors are. Sometimes I wonder how you people expect for perfect before & after pictures to be taken. And if there were, wouldn't that be a sign something is fishy, just dozens and dozens of pictures perfectly taken before and after...

There are perfect pictures at all phases of the race especially at the finish line. You can buy photos by pros and everyone has cameras. the surrounding areas should have all kinds of cameras.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

If you really believe this mystery needs to be solved you can contact the company that did the mobile jumbotron for Hancock.

AMI Graphics LLC.

Here is their facebook page.

If you scroll down on their timeline, you will see a picture of the jumbotron, the following:

It's likely after the race was won, they either took it down, or moved it to a different location (as it looks mobile)

Mystery solved IMO, if you really need to know exactly where it went though, shoot them an email.

Case closed.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PointDume

Thank you PointDume, missed that earlier. And you are (of course) correct. I found finishline photos from last year and it has a different frame around it, no AT&T branding.

Found a photo from late in the day last year and the screen is also gone in that photo, so it could be as boncho hypothesized, it was moved after the first round came thru. flickr.com

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

And people wonder why some here post absolute rubbish all the time? Msybe its because of how much fun it is to see the self proclaimed debunkers twist themselves in turns to quickly solve every puzzle theyre presented...

I will say this about the people looking for rational answers: They make mistakes sometimes, but are usually quick to admit it or make corrections.

You will see I made some in this thread. I will leave them up and simply cross them out as I normally do, to show everyone what I've done. Pretty standard, I don't like doing it, but it happens.

Now, what's that say about the hoards of people accusing victims in the incident of being paid enemies of the state? (actors paid by nefarious .gov). What's that say about all the people accusing others of being implicit in an attack on their own country and people, and when they are wrong they what? They apologize? Admit they're wrong, anything?

I'd like to see it...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Um, yes it was a different day. And yes I was wrong about it being from last year, as I have already stated.

And I'm not twisting myself into anything, thank you very much. You asked a question, others are trying to find answers. It seems you have an answer in your mind and that is the only one that will do.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It was an interesting idea suggesting that someone knew something in advance, but after doing a quick preliminary search online, it appears that this big screen was at in a completely different location from where either of the two bombs went off.

It was taken down? Probably in use elsewhere.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Um, yes it was a different day. And yes I was wrong about it being from last year, as I have already stated.

And I'm not twisting myself into anything, thank you very much. You asked a question, others are trying to find answers. It seems you have an answer in your mind and that is the only one that will do.

I gladly accept that the screen was most likely simply moved, given that theres two full hours after the first finish for it to have been move, very plausible indeed. So how exactly does being immune to baseless conclusions attempting to come to an easy that's that, equal having an answer in my mind? No, I refuse to be presented some cheap answer, when the real, logical explanation can be found, why accept the mindless blabber of someone trying to sell you a cat in a bag? The video shows the monitor being there on the same day, but due to the time difference of the footage, its obvious it was probably just moved.

The original theory was that the bomb blasts were somehow prerecorded, or that it was CGI, etc... I dont believe anything like that per se, but found the missing screen rather intriguing and so did my girlfriend, as we thought the the picturesand videos we had seen were all shot in a tighter timespan, making it more of a baffling Houdini trick than anything else (we're in europe, btw) the theories are of course laughable now that I understand whats what

So we now have a comforting answer, its the timespan, weasy as that! Thanks for the great contributions, even to those who spread some "disinfo" but corrected themselves eventualllllly
(all in good fun!)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join