It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Story or Stories, Timelines & Some Facts - Boston Marathon Bombing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Do you know “the facts”, and/or “the official story” of the Boston Marathon Bombing/s?
I don’t know that I do. Those terms are tossed about like holy hand grenades throughout the many discussions on this topic…so – I decided to attempt to put some together, specifically regarding “the bombing/s”, and “how” the suspects were identified…and…hopefully, it will be beneficial to all interested parties.

The following is taken from multiple sources:
- the first being the FBI’s Criminal Complaint/Affidavit, against the younger brother accused in said bombings.
- the others being an assortment of photographs, articles, the Official website for the Marathon, etc…

As has been stated many times in many debates – the integrity of the information we have been allowed to witness (fed) is always worth questioning.
Even eye-witnesses are subject to error.
So – if we can compare one perspective on one moment against another perspective on the same moment…we stand a greater chance of assigning meaningful values to the emergent facts.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Explosion occurred at 2:49 PM
According to other sources (www.sbnation.com...[4/21/2013 2:01:48 PM]), this corresponded to 4:09:43 into the race/marathon.

Approximately 11 minutes prior to explosion #1, both brothers were seen in video footage, turning onto Boylston, from Glouchester...which is one block west of Fairfield...
They were carrying large "knapsacks"...and walking in the direction of the finish line...along the north side of the street (Boylston).

Deduced from the "timing" of the explosions and the video's duration...the photograph of the two brothers standing together, while runners 18293 & 11078 were in the final stretch...was said to be “2:41 PM”...
(The brothers were reported to be standing approximately 1/2 block from the restaurant at said time, in this pic’.)

Approximately one minute later, the elder brother began walking east on Boylston toward the finish line... 15 seconds later, he passed directly in front of the Forum Restaurant...with his knapsack still on his back.
(something to note – there must be some “line-of-sight disconnect” between the first picture and surveillance camera…as, for each brother, the Affidavit suggests that after leaving the first location, they disappeared from view…then, approximately15 seconds later, came back into view in front of the restaurant)

At ~ 2:45 PM, the younger brother moved east on Boylston...toward the finish line...and stopped directly in front of the Forum Restaurant...facing the street (runners)...and "apparently slipping his knapsack on the ground" at his feet.
The FBI are explicit in referencing the photo/s from "across the street", and claiming that said photo/s are the evidence that the knapsack was on the ground at his feet.

The younger brother (according to the restaurant video surveillance footage) remained in the same spot for ~ 4 minutes, occasionally looking at his cell phone, and once, appearing to take a picture with it.

~ 30 seconds before the first explosion, he lifted his phone "speaking on his cell phone"...for approximately 18 seconds.
A few seconds “after he finishes the call, the large crowd of people around him can be seen reacting to the first explosion. Virtually every head turns to the east...and stares in that direction in apparent bewilderment & alarm...(but he)...virtually alone among the individuals...appears calm. He glances to the east and then calmly but rapidly begins moving to the west, away from the direction of the finish line. He walks away from his knapsack, having left it on the ground where he had been standing. Approximately 10 seconds later, an explosion occurs in the location where...(he) had placed his knapsack."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Two security camera videos are mentioned in the ‘Complaint…as having been used to determine these ‘facts’. The first, is near the corner of Glouchester & Boylston.
The second is at the front of the Forum Restaurant…and, according to the ‘Complaint, is aimed somewhat in the direction of Fairfield Street.

The brothers did not enter the scene (Glouchester onto Boylston) until approximately 11 minutes before the first explosion – estimated in the Criminal Complaint to be 2:38 p.m.

3 minutes after coming onto Boylston (estimated by the FBI), they were spotted (on film) standing together, about one-half block from the Forum Restaurant, for approximately one minute. Measured to be ‘approximately 2:41 p.m.’.

From said photo/s (from across the street) that established the whereabouts of the two brothers...for one minute...we can determine two of the contestants --
Shauna H* - BIB# 18293...who apparently finished with an official time of 4:00:26..., and
Kyle K* - BIB# 11078...who apparently finished with an official time of 4:14:08...
(*note that - while the webpage where one could enter the BIB# and find their "times" was "up" through 4/24/2013, as of the following evening – 4/25/2013 – said "SEARCH" page was replaced with an apology to Runners, and a promise to send them emails Friday, with their results... Nevertheless - I used this search facility on multiple days, and verified that the data for these two runners, as shown above, was the same...each time.)

Maybe both of these Official times were "off"...
Maybe one was off...
Maybe both were accurate...
Perhaps the later finisher took a break...and met with family &/or well-wishers in the last 100 yards or so of the race... (If so - they would have crossed the line approximately 5 minutes after the explosion/s – which seems even odder than other, more outlandish theories)... Any number of reasons could be stated...but...
If we were to consider this an Official Story... Runner #18293 had already finished the race...when the brothers were standing together, for one minute…at 2:41 PM.
* Marathon Time when first explosion went off - 4:09:43
* Runner #18293's Official Time - 4:00:26 (4 hours, 00 minutes, 26 seconds).
(2:49 – 2:41 = 8 minutes, +/- … 4:09:43 – 4:00:26 = 9 minutes, +/-)
Obviously, someone's watch (or someone-else's calculation) is "off".

I have reviewed every photo that I've been able to locate...of runners coming down the final stretch (near the finish line)...for scattered minutes following the first & second explosions...and found none of those runners that are in the "at approximately 2:41 p.m." photo... So - I am presuming that #18293 DID, in fact, cross the line prior to 4:09:43 into the race...and...have been able to make no determination on the whereabouts (or, finish time, other than what was Officially reported on the website prior to 4/25/2013) of #11078.
Initially, I had the full names (registered names) of these two contestants...but decided not to bring their names into the mix...and deleted everything after the first letter of their last names...AND...did not save/archive their full last names...
So - now...I am at a loss for giving full details...or...for searching anything they might have said in interviews since the Marathon...
Oddly, however...when searching Google with the first name/s, first letters of the last names...and BIB numbers... Nothing related to either of them has been returned. **
I find that “odd”, since…they are in one of the most famous photographs of recent times, which inadvertently involved them in one of the most talked-about stories around…and…surely, wherever they are from…would want to interview them…SURELY (?)… But – I’ve been able to find…nothing. (If you do – please let us know.)

Past speculation and unknowns...we do know (from the FBI agent's affidavit)...that the runners were not quite to The Forum (restaurant)...and, they still had another 100 yards (+/-) to the finish line...and…they should have crossed the finish line before the elder brother could have gotten down the crowded sidewalk to place the bomb for the first explosion...as...they were already past him (going that direction) when the photos were taken.

When I was first introduced to the photo of the two brothers standing together and the runners going past (found here - www.abovetopsecret.com...)...I went to the website that showed the same...and the story (or caption - don't recall) that went along with it stated that this photo was taken about 20 minutes before the first explosion.
Given that the FBI agent's story doesn't match that time frame, and the finishing time of the first of the two participants (#18293) seems to put a big question mark on it, as well... well …guess it will simply add another question mark to the official timeline & sequence of events.

One of the most common mis-statements throughout the days since the blast (and preceding this summary), was that "the FBI have video of him putting the backpack on the ground...and walking away from it"...
As has been highlighted (above) - the FBI said that the "video footage" suggested that the younger brother set his backpack on the ground... "as evidenced by" a photograph taken from across the street.
And - while their assumption is probably correct...the more accurate statement would be – “the FBI has deduced, from video and photographic evidence...that the younger brother set his backpack on the ground in front of the Forum Restaurant”…

As is apparent in at least two photos...a young woman with "TUFTS Lacrosse" on her sweatshirt, was standing in front of the younger brother...WHILE the backpack was "apparently" on the ground...
He was purportedly only in said location for approximately 4 minutes.
She appeared to be firmly stationed there...as did two others that "appeared" to be with her --- And --- When the first explosion took place, those surrounding him, reportedly turned toward said explosion and stared...
If you watch the video/s available, it looks like 11 to 12 seconds elapse between the first explosion, and the "report" (sound) of the second explosion...
The younger brother, reportedly, reacted with nonchalance, when everyone-around looked in shock to the east...remaining unaffected (obviously, this was a brief inaffection), then "glanced" to the east, and began walking calmly and rapidly away…toward the west (Fairfield)...without his backpack (knapsack).

Whether this was a 1-second, 2-second, or other-second pause before choosing to "walk away", was not specified... But, the real question is... How long before those that were surrounding-or-near him, chose to make a change to their GIS-position/s...?

The "TUFTS Lacrosse" girl...is seen at almost the precise distance from the second blast, as he...in one of the most publicized photos (fleeing the scene - at Fairfield)...
Photos of the aftermath of the second explosion suggest that, at least two were the ultimate victims of the blast (there).
One to the west of where she stood...and one to the east (right beside the mailbox)...
How did she escape?
HOW LUCKY WAS SHE?!

Hope this wasn’t TOO biased for your palate.
Hopefully, it gave some reference points to those with questions that remain unanswered.
Would like to know of other facts & observations related to “Official” stories, facts and timelines, if you are so inclined.
Thanks.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Question to the Moderator of this forum - Did I place this thread in the Skunk Works forum, or was it moved here?
If I placed it here - what are the odds that it could be moved to the General Conspiracies forum?
Don't guess you'd be too terribly sad to see it leave your domain... If you would, however, just let me know.
Thanks.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Excellent work my man. Theres just so many threads coming in but you know and I know this is a good thread and that it doesn't belong in the "highly speculative" forum... You'd think we were talking about reptilian shapeshifters for crying out loud. This is an event. It HAPPENED. What nobody is sure of is the how and why and to a certain extent, who and what. In that case, ANY thread on the Boston bombing should be highly speculative... Hell every thread about everything. There is very little that we actually "know". What we consider to be "facts" are constantly changing. I guess its 100% opinion when it comes to categorizing these threads.

Thanks for the thread. I will bookmark it as I have been wanting a timeline.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
Excellent work my man. Theres just so many threads coming in but you know and I know this is a good thread and that it doesn't belong in the "highly speculative" forum... You'd think we were talking about reptilian shapeshifters for crying out loud. This is an event. It HAPPENED. What nobody is sure of is the how and why and to a certain extent, who and what. In that case, ANY thread on the Boston bombing should be highly speculative... Hell every thread about everything. There is very little that we actually "know". What we consider to be "facts" are constantly changing. I guess its 100% opinion when it comes to categorizing these threads.

Thanks for the thread. I will bookmark it as I have been wanting a timeline.

Thanks for taking the time to consider it...and respond.
You are correct.
Though it is...loosely speaking, nothing but (mostly) "facts"...those facts aren't necessarily the same from one Official source to the next.
See ya 'round.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Forgive my bad English, please. I'm french speaking.

I understand there was a thread here, dating from 21 April, titled «Questions About the Woman in Tufts Sweatshirt Who Escaped Blast » which has been deleted. I just saw it on Google while searching what other people on the Web were saying about that subject. I myself wrote to FBI about it, last week. I think this woman is Katherine Russell, as simple as that.

The girl obviously left before the second blast, in my humble opinion. So it means that she would have ‘left behind’ her team friends ?? (which were finally injured by the bomb and even some interviewed the following days)… Or has she really started running after the secong blast, uninjured? to end up 2 seconds later almost on the front of the High Resolution pic with the younger brother (on the corner of Fairfield Street)??

Are we sure that this woman was really from the TUFTS Lacrosse team ?? Because maybe she could have just bought the sweater to help her mingle with the crowd since I understand, there is quite a few runners from that team every year, with lots of people from their university coming to see them…?

I’ve been thinking about it intensively since 2 days, searching the web for infos, trying to identify her in the Team's website, or from the interviews with the real Tuftfs girls which were injured, but I’m still very confused… Can someone help me here, and explain to me what you have found or concluded about this subject…

And why is that thread «Questions About the Woman in Tufts Sweatshirt Who Escaped Blast » has been deleted? I would so love to read it.

Thanks. Please help release me from my intense questioning because I’m ‘convinced’ the girl is Katherine Russell and I don’t know if I’m crazy or what??…

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I've read the interviews from the real girls from Tufts Lacrosse, Jaymi Cohen & Lindsey Walker, which were injured from the second blast, in front of the Forum restaurant, I think the woman just beside the girl with the Tuft Lacrosse sweater is Denise Richard, the mother of the little boy which died...

So this girl with the Tuft sweater, beside the little boy, may not have been part of the group of real Tuft girls which were there (they were more on the far right, imo, partly out of the picture, farther from the bomb, which would explain why there were lightly injured only).

If there was a woman 'accomplice' to the Tsarnaev brothers, i.e. Katherine Russell, she could have just dressed 'sporty' to mingle with the crowd, and why not wear a Tuft Lacrosse sweater since there's many runners and supporters of that University each year, it's well documented on the Internet. ...??

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by soular
...I understand there was a thread here, dating from 21 April, titled «Questions About the Woman in Tufts Sweatshirt Who Escaped Blast » which has been deleted.
...I myself wrote to FBI about it, last week. I think this woman is Katherine Russell, as simple as that.

Sorry - I am not familiar with the thread from April 21st...

The girl obviously left before the second blast, in my humble opinion. So it means that she would have ‘left behind’ her team friends ?? (which were finally injured by the bomb and even some interviewed the following days)… Or has she really started running after the secong blast, uninjured? to end up 2 seconds later almost on the front of the High Resolution pic with the younger brother (on the corner of Fairfield Street)??

Are we sure that this woman was really from the TUFTS Lacrosse team ??

I had not gone so far as to conclude the lady/girl in question was a member of the TUFTS Lacrosse team. That takes it a few steps past my investigative efforts.
I, of course, have wondered at the timing, as well. According to the FBI complaint, in response to the first bomb blast, all those (purportedly, in the picture with the "Second Bomber") looked/stared toward the blast in confusion and alarm... He (the "Second Bomber") did nothing for an undisclosed amount of time (a second...? two...? three...?), then, gave a brief glance in the direction of the first bomb blast, and left his position near the tree calmly and rapidly...in the direction that he (and the TUFTS 'girl') is seen walking in the other photo.

...I’ve been thinking about it intensively since 2 days, searching the web for infos, trying to identify her in the Team's website, or from the interviews with the real Tuftfs girls which were injured…
...help release me from my intense questioning because I’m ‘convinced’ the girl is Katherine Russell and I don’t know if I’m crazy or what??…

While I have/had no reason to consider 'the TUFTS girl' might be in on the scheme...
You are correct that there is a resemblance between the photos shown in your second comment... A much greater resemblance than I was aware of...
Are you certain that the lady that was standing at "the TUFTS girl's" left arm, was the mother of the deceased boy?
If so...do you know if "she" was involved/affiliated with the "team members" you've said were injured?

May reply separately to your second post if I haven't covered the questions raised therein...shortly.

Thanks for your questions.
Hope we can get some answers.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash

While I have/had no reason to consider 'the TUFTS girl' might be in on the scheme...
You are correct that there is a resemblance between the photos shown in your second comment... A much greater resemblance than I was aware of...
Are you certain that the lady that was standing at "the TUFTS girl's" left arm, was the mother of the deceased boy?
If so...do you know if "she" was involved/affiliated with the "team members" you've said were injured?

May reply separately to your second post if I haven't covered the questions raised therein...shortly.

Thanks for your questions.
Hope we can get some answers.

Thanks WanDash for answering. I'm still searching infos but I'm about to rest my case... It looks like she's probably an authentic Tufts Lacrosse girl because the team has just 30 members, 10 of which went to the Marathon that day.

It was a week ago today that about 10 members of the Tufts University women’s lacrosse team took the subway downtown to watch some schoolmates finish the Boston Marathon.

www.bloomberg.com... 4-22/boston-terror-hits-tufts-women-s-lacrosse-team-on-favorite-day.html

It would be a almost incredible coincidence that those girls would end up by 'chance' just beside or at a few feet of an accomplice to the marathon bombers (Katherine Russell) 'disguised' in a Tufts Lacrosse outfit...

Here's what I found.

These are the women in the Tufts Lacrosse team, if you click on each links you even have their pictures:
www.gotuftsjumbos.com...

The team (incomplete I think):

I've circled the 2 girls who were at the site of the second blast, Lindsey Walker (right) and Jaymi Cohen.

In fact, they were 10 Tufts Lacrosse girls close or at the finish line, but not all together in one spot. So I guess Katherine Russell would not have been that lucky to escape the FBI just because a few Tufts Lacrosse girls had ended up beside her while she's disguised as one... Impossible I think.

Maybe the woman beside her is Denise Richard (because I can't spot her anywhere else) or maybe it's Lindsey Walker, her teamate.

Anyways, that girl has been incredibly lucky. The little boy just besides her lost his life. I still wonder if she started running after the second blast or if she immediately left her place after the first blast (at the same time than the younger Tsarnaev) ?

If you have anything to add, I'd like to hear, I've been thinking about this so much. But now I think it would be an impossible coincidence....

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

...Thanks WanDash for answering. I'm still searching infos but I'm about to rest my case... It looks like she's probably an authentic Tufts Lacrosse girl because the team has just 30 members, 10 of which went to the Marathon that day.
...www.bloomberg.com... 3-04-22/boston-terror-hits-tufts-women-s-lacrosse-team-on-favorite-day.html

I've tried a number of ways, and continue to get a 404 error when attempting to access this URL...
How recently did you view it?

When you say that she's probably an authentic Tufts Lacrosse girl...do you see anyone in the Team Roster (picture - or, any of the individual pictures) that you thought bore a good resemblance?
Not asking because I am suspect...but wanting to know if it's because of your 10 out of 30 members in attendance comment, or because you see someone in the roster that might fit...

It would be a almost incredible coincidence that those girls would end up by 'chance' just beside or at a few feet of an accomplice to the marathon bombers (Katherine Russell) 'disguised' in a Tufts Lacrosse outfit...

I am in full agreement... But - coincidences (however slim) need to be laid to rest, or as near-to-rest as is practicable (imo).

...In fact, they were 10 Tufts Lacrosse girls close or at the finish line, but not all together in one spot. So I guess Katherine Russell would not have been that lucky to escape the FBI just because a few Tufts Lacrosse girls had ended up beside her while she's disguised as one... Impossible I think.

Have you seen other photos of Katherine Russell that would suggest/rule-out a similar physical build (girth, legs, whatever)?

...Anyways, that girl has been incredibly lucky. The little boy just besides her lost his life. I still wonder if she started running after the second blast or if she immediately left her place after the first blast (at the same time than the younger Tsarnaev) ?
...If you have anything to add, I'd like to hear, I've been thinking about this so much. But now I think it would be an impossible coincidence....

Again - that was one of my considerations (How lucky was she!?).
Since these questions are fairly new (to my mind)...I may have something to add/ask later.
Again - thanks for bringing an interesting question &/or coincidence to the table.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

WanDash, the link to the Bloomberg article: www.bloomberg.com...

When you say that she's probably an authentic Tufts Lacrosse girl...do you see anyone in the Team Roster (picture - or, any of the individual pictures) that you thought bore a good resemblance? Not asking because I am suspect...but wanting to know if it's because of your 10 out of 30 members in attendance comment, or because you see someone in the roster that might fit...

Not yet, but I'm still looking. However, I've just find this Facebook page: www.facebook.com...

This belongs to Kali, a Tufts Lacrosse girl who was there, with Lindsay Walker and the others.

Lindsey Walker, E15, was among members of the Tufts women’s lacrosse team who came to cheer their friends, and one of three teammates injured in the attack. She became separated from them after the blast, and was walking towards Cambridge when she saw blood on her jeans and felt pain in her back and realized she had been badly cut. On the bridge across the Charles River, she was aided by a woman wearing a Tufts sweatshirt, the mother of a medical student. The woman and her husband—whose names Walker never learned—invited Walker to their apartment, where they cleaned her up, and she was able to call friends who brought her to Health Services back on campus. In addition to numerous cuts, Walker suffered damage to her ear drum.

Kali DiGate, A15, another lacrosse player, was thrown to the ground and was later diagnosed with a concussion. After the explosion, she and some others were able to find each other, and they took off toward Cambridge—she didn’t even realize she was hurt until she got back to campus. On the trip back, “the four of us were in shambles and crying and didn’t know where the other girls were, and someone asked us if we wanted to sit on their porch, and it was really nice of them,” DiGate said.

Strangers also aided Jaymi Cohen, A16, another lacrosse player. Separated from her teammates, she began to run, but a block later “when I looked at my legs, I realized I had been hit.” She was able to reach her father, at home in Andover, Mass., on the phone, and he immediately headed to Boston. In the meantime, some bystanders tied their sweatshirts around Cohen’s legs to stop the bleeding, and found a police officer who called an ambulance that took her to Massachusetts General Hospital.

I think I'm gonna write to Kali for to ask her if she would confirm me that this girl with the Tufts Lacrosse hoody (hoodies which she herself wears on hear profile pic, with her teamates), if she can tell me if that girl is really a friend of her which was with them that day. She should know/recognize her for sure if she plays lacrosse with her. The hoodies of Tufts university or any Tufts sports team are/were for sales on their sites, for 5$. I've even seen specifically Tuft Lacrosse hoodies for sale by Internet, with the same logo.

There's many pics of Katherine Russell on Google, most of them while she's wearing her muslim wife clothing, and a few of them without and without sunglasses (before tamerlan I guess). On all those pics, I found the ressemblance with the Tufts Lacrosse girl is incredible, she's like a clone, even the legs. That why I keep thinking about it & why I wrote to the FBI. KR seems to be fattier under her muslim clothes but she could be puffing it purposely in order to avoid comparison, if she's desperate not to be identify/recognize from the pic which went viral. But the legs, the face are strickingly ressemblant. (forgive my English mistakes please) I may bring you more pictures lately.

Of course, the TuftsLacrosse girl is wearing sunglasses so that's maybe why I can't completely take it off my mind. I would like to see her without sunglasses to be sure she's not Katherine Russell in disguise, while she's 'supporting' her 'man' and stepbrother on their 'Big Day'...

I am in full agreement... But - coincidences (however slim) need to be laid to rest, or as near-to-rest as is practicable (imo).

Exactly what I would like, for to forget about it.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by soular

By her story (in the Bloomberg article you linked), and according to her picture (from the team roster you linked) it does not appear to have been Miss Clegg running in the street...

(from the Bloomberg article)
They turned to look (in the direction of the first bomb)...no-one making any noise... Then, "a couple of...teammates shouted 'run' and began trying to get away from the scene"...

They were supposedly about 30 feet away, when the second bomb blew...knocking (pushing) them to the ground...

An aside - I think it safe to assume that...the direction in which they fled was not "toward" the first explosion... More likely "away" from said explosion.
This could have been...across the street - but that doesn't seem the most probable...as - if you look at pictures of the second blast...there were still numerous marathoners running in the street (coming upon the second blast area)...and not a lot of pedestrians running "against the flow" of race participants, in the general vicinity of the second bomb blast.
So - it may be that the exodus was generally up (or along) the sidewalk toward Fairfield Street...

In any case - being 30 feet away (estimated after-the-fact, no doubt)...they were still blown/pushed to the ground...and two of Clegg's teammates got shrapnel in their legs...& two suffered concussions.

The Bloomberg story says there were three (of the Tufts Women's Lacrosse teammates) of Clegg's teammates in the photo with the younger Tsarnaev (taken "minutes before the second bomb exploded)

-- So -- if we take that statement for fact...then, Clegg would not have been one of the three against the rail in the infamous (that's "more than famous"
) photo...

Kali DiGate -- You say that she was there... Was she "one of the ten"...or, was she one of the three or four that were situated almost on top of the second blast site? Or do you know?

How many names of those (the 10) that attended, do you know?

Here is a wider view of the famous pic'... May not be able to make any more identifications...but - just so we're not dealing with the exceptionally cropped version, and so as to give a broader view...

And, here is a pic' of the street, with runners approaching the second blast...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Okay - I'm pretty sure that Kerry Eaton is the middle-of-the-street runner.
The other two or three supposedly, after being knocked/pushed to the ground from the second blast...were in an area where they (one or more) could quickly huddle in a store doorway (or something like that)...which strongly suggests that they were more likely on the sidewalk...
In Kerry Eaton's interview, she says that the second bomb blast caused her to fall into/onto one of the rails stationed along the side of the street...and, rather than go to the ground or look for anyone (to re-group), she simply regained her balance and continued to run... This would seem to fit precisely with the picture showing her (presumably) running in the middle of the street...and approaching Fairfield Street at about the same time as the younger Tsarnaev brother was approaching the corner.

Now - to quasi-answer a question raised earlier...regarding "how long after the first blast/explosion" before the younger Tsarnaev moved away from the second blast scene.
According to Miss Clegg's account...there was only a two (or so) second hesitation between the report of the first blast, and someone shouting "RUN".
The way the FBI complaint reads...it would seem that the younger Tsarnaev was the first (of the crowd in front of The Forum Restaurant) to begin moving away (from that spot).
From Miss Clegg's account - it doesn't appear that there would have been much of/if any difference between the time 'Tsarnaev began "calmly & rapidly" walking away...and when the Tufts Lacrosse ladies made the same decision ("RUN!").
There were only 11 - 12 seconds between the two blasts...(my calculation/s from video footage)...
If we allow for a one-second delay...
(time for the sound to travel the hundred yards or so, compounded by "attentions pointed in the opposite direction" for most)
...then, two seconds before someone shouting "RUN!"
...then take into account the mass of people on the sidewalks
...and the fact that the picture/s of the second bomb-blast from behind runners that were approaching said location did not show mass confusion in the street (before the second blast location)
...the TUFTS Lacrosse ladies may have been walking/running right alongside the younger Tsarnaev before being blown to the ground.
I really don't see how there could be much difference in their distance/s from the second blast scene - given this "set of facts".

My point - None, really. But - the question this raises is - would he (the younger Tsarnaev) have triggered the second device within 30 to 45 (?) feet of it?
If so - did he duck in a doorway or behind a brick wall?

Other questions could arise from this...but, this is as far as I'll go for the moment.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Okay - got stuck on something, and anyone unlucky enough to have read this far in the thread (meaning - You) is going to have their minds tarnished with it...too.

Please consider the following excerpt from the FBI Complaint/Affidavit against the younger Tsarnaev...

12. At approximately 2:42 pm. approximately seven minutes before the first
explosion), Bomber One can be seen detaching himself from the crowd and walking east on Boylston Street towards the Marathon finish line. Approximately 15 seconds later, he can be seen passing directly in front of the Forum Restaurant and continuing in the direction of the location
where the first explosion occurred. His knapsack is still on his back.

13. At approximately 2:45 p.m., Bomber Two can be seen detaching himself from the crowd and walking east on Boylston Street toward the Marathon finishing line. He appears to have the thumb of his right hand hooked under the strap of his knapsack and a cell phone in his left hand. Approximately 15 seconds later, he can be seen stopping directly in front of the Forum Restaurant and standing near the metal barrier among numerous spectators, with his back to the camera, facing the runners. He then can be seen apparently slipping his knapsack onto the ground. A photograph taken from the opposite side of the street shows the knapsack on the ground at Bomber Two's feet.

14. The Forum Restaurant video shows that Bomber Two remained in the same spot for approximately four minutes, occasionally looking at his cell phone and once appearing to take a picture with it. At some point he appears to look at his phone, which is held at approximately waist level, and may be manipulating the phone. Approximately 30 seconds before the first
explosion, he lifts his phone speaking on his cell phone, and keeps it there for approximately 18 seconds. A few seconds after he finishes the call, the large crowd of people around him can be seen reacting to the first explosion. Virtually every head turns to the east (towards the finish line) and stares in that direction in apparent bewilderment and alarm. Bomber Two, virtually alone among the individuals in front of the restaurant, appears calm. He glances to the east and then calmly but rapidly begins moving to the west, away from the direction of the finish line. He walks away without his knapsack, having left it on the ground where he had been standing. Approximately 10 seconds later, an explosion occurs in the location where Bomber Two had placed his knapsack.

(emphasis/underlining added by me)

Please note that this is the picture the FBI claims as evidence that the younger Tsarnaev placed his "knapsack" on the ground...
Note that Tsarnaev is "in front of The Forum Restaurant"...
Note the location of the mailbox...AND
WHERE Tsarnaev is, in relation to the tree.

Now - please note that...Tsarnaev IS NOT in front of The Forum Restaurant...
In fact...he is at another tree (the next westest tree on the block)...
All of this can be verified by the Cross-walk striping in the street.
The tree where the backpack/knapsack was shown...is the next tree (from the tree he is standing beside) toward the trafic signal (lights).

It took the elder brother approximately 15 seconds to trek the "half-block" (from where the two brothers were photographed together) before coming into view (again) of the Restaurant surveillance camera... AND ...it took approximately 15 seconds for the younger brother to make the same trek (from where the two had been photographed together) to "stopping directly in front of The Forum Restaurant"...

So... So... Uhhhh.... When was this second photo taken?
He is NOT directly in front of the Forum Restaurant...but rather, in front of the Atlantic Fish Co. ...
15 seconds?
Planted himself there...and - according the "The Forum Restaurant video", he remained in the same spot for approximately four minutes...
Which...if you have lost track...would be all the time remaining between when he left the spot where he and his brother were photographed together...and when the first bomb exploded...

No conclusions...just...discrepancies.

edit on 5/12/2013 by WanDash because: clarification

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Kerry Eaton? Maybe. Same legs, similar color of hair.

I've been spending all day searching/looking at pictures from the very first seconds after the second blast, I can bring you some later, if you want. I've came to the conclusion, without much doubts for me, that those 3 girls have already left their positions you see on the pic in front of the Forum. I'm quite sure they were not standing there anymore, they must have started to walk away right after the first blast, at the same time than the young Tsarnaev.

The little girl which lost her leg and her brother, her hair was burnt from the fire or the intense heat, as the Tufts Lacrosse girl still had her shiny hair. The men just behind them (Marc Fucarile and his friends), 3 of them lost legs, another one you can see on pics had all of his clothing badly burnt and in rags. Etc.

It's impossible that they were still standing right there and just 2 of them had 'light injuries' and the other one nothing. The scene right after the blast, at the forum, had been blurred at the precise place they were standing, because too graphic (still you see a man with his legs blown away right beside). Also, the Tufts girl couldn't have ended up so fast at the corner of Fairfields Street. She had to have start walking away from the Forum restaurant, towards Fairfield Street many seconds before the second blast. Well that's my conclusion after spending my whole day looking at videos and pics and witnesses.

The girl may be Kerry Eaton, it indeeds looks like her. Maybe I'll write to her tomorrow and ask her. That's her Facebook: www.facebook.com...

Thank you for this conversation, it helps me to get over my questioning regarding that particular subject. But I still think Katherine Russell was with the Tsarnaev brothers in this all the way. I think she was even there at the Marathon, to 'support' them.

Also, here's an interview with Kerry Eaton, maybe you have listen to it today: www.laxmagazine.com...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

According to Miss Clegg's account...there was only a two (or so) second hesitation between the report of the first blast, and someone shouting "RUN".
The way the FBI complaint reads...it would seem that the younger Tsarnaev was the first (of the crowd in front of The Forum Restaurant) to begin moving away (from that spot).
From Miss Clegg's account - it doesn't appear that there would have been much of/if any difference between the time 'Tsarnaev began "calmly & rapidly" walking away...and when the Tufts Lacrosse ladies made the same decision ("RUN!").
There were only 11 - 12 seconds between the two blasts...(my calculation/s from video footage)...
If we allow for a one-second delay...
(time for the sound to travel the hundred yards or so, compounded by "attentions pointed in the opposite direction" for most)
...then, two seconds before someone shouting "RUN!"
...then take into account the mass of people on the sidewalks
...and the fact that the picture/s of the second bomb-blast from behind runners that were approaching said location did not show mass confusion in the street (before the second blast location)
...the TUFTS Lacrosse ladies may have been walking/running right alongside the younger Tsarnaev before being blown to the ground.
I really don't see how there could be much difference in their distance/s from the second blast scene - given this "set of facts".

So we arrived at the same conclusion. I'm glad this is clearer.

Now the last photo you brought and your last post is quite interesting.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

It seems like every post I read just brings up more questions.

However, I think I MIGHT be able to solve one...this is with the finish times for the mathoners.
The official times that you see listed on the web site are not the same as the clock time that you see at the finish line. My husband runs marathons so I know LOTS about running times
With a race as large as Boston it can take some people quite a while to make it to the start line after the start gun goes off. They have a chip (either a chip they hook to shoes or now it is often part of the runner's bib) that will start the clock when the runner crosses the start line and times them to the finish line (they also set up sensors along the course to track the runners along the way). So someone finishing with an official time of 3:55 could actually be crossing the finish line with a clock time of 4:09. The official time will always be smaller than the clock time (unless you are an elite runner that starts right up front, then it should be the same). There is really no way to know chip time vs. clock time since they have taken down the search feature on the web site. Hope that this helps solve one mystery.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Kerry Eaton? Maybe. Same legs, similar color of hair.
...I've been spending all day searching/looking at pictures from the very first seconds after the second blast, I can bring you some later, if you want. I've came to the conclusion, without much doubts for me, that those 3 girls have already left their positions you see on the pic in front of the Forum. I'm quite sure they were not standing there anymore, they must have started to walk away right after the first blast, at the same time than the young Tsarnaev. ...

Yes - I am interested in any photos within the first seconds of the second blast... Thanks for the offer.
As you - I've concluded that they left the scene prior to the explosion, as well...and...as you - I've concluded it must have been at or about the same moment/second that Tsarnaev exited the scene.

...the Tufts girl couldn't have ended up so fast at the corner of Fairfields Street. She had to have start walking away from the Forum restaurant, towards Fairfield Street many seconds before the second blast. Well that's my conclusion after spending my whole day looking at videos and pics and witnesses.
...The girl may be Kerry Eaton, it indeeds looks like her. Maybe I'll write to her tomorrow and ask her. That's her Facebook: www.facebook.com...

I am not on Facebook - so - can't do anything with such link/s (others could, though, I'm sure).

Thank you for this conversation...

Thank you!

Also, here's an interview with Kerry Eaton, maybe you have listen to it today...

I did listen to it...and, after reading other interviews (of the Women's Tufts Lacrosse players injured, or at the event)...and this one (as well as looking at the team photo and the individual photos)...I became convinced that Kerry was the runner in the street. Her specific "account" of how it went down was what convinced me.
Thanks again!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Now - please note that...Tsarnaev IS NOT in front of The Forum Restaurant...
In fact...he is at another tree (the next westest tree on the block)...
All of this can be verified by the Cross-walk striping in the street.
The tree where the backpack/knapsack was shown...is the next tree (from the tree he is standing beside) toward the trafic signal (lights).

It took the elder brother approximately 15 seconds to trek the "half-block" (from where the two brothers were photographed together) before coming into view (again) of the Restaurant surveillance camera... AND ...it took approximately 15 seconds for the younger brother to make the same trek (from where the two had been photographed together) to "stopping directly in front of The Forum Restaurant"...

So... So... Uhhhh.... When was this second photo taken?
He is NOT directly in front of the Forum Restaurant...but rather, in front of the Atlantic Fish Co. ...
15 seconds?
Planted himself there...and - according the "The Forum Restaurant video", he remained in the same spot for approximately four minutes...
Which...if you have lost track...would be all the time remaining between when he left the spot where he and his brother were photographed together...and when the first bomb exploded...

No conclusions...just...discrepancies.

edit on 5/12/2013 by WanDash because: clarification

www.wesh.com... oments-before-blasts/-/12983450/19892514/-/q51qd6/-/index.html

Daytona Beach man says he captured picture of Boston Marathon suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev moments before blasts

Colin Seale took picture near location of second explosion Apr 25, 2013 DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. —A Daytona Beach man says he just realized he captured a picture of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev after he took a close look at a photo he took. Colin Seale, 22, decided at the last minute to drive with his sister to Boston to watch their mother run the marathon. It was her first time running in Boston. Seale said they missed seeing their mother cross the finish line, so he thought it would be a good idea to capture the whole event in a picture. He raised his iPhone above his head and snapped a shot at 2:44 p.m., right outside the Forum restaurant on Boylston Street. "I couldn't even see what I was taking a picture of. I was just like, 'Hopefully I get a lot of people,'" he said. Seale and his sister then ducked into an alley to get away from the crowds. At 2:49 p.m., the first bomb went off. Seale said he heard both blasts. He shot video of the chaos, but then he dropped his phone and it wouldn't work for a while. He finally charged it and synced it Tuesday, and that's when he saw the photo.

"I couldn't do anything. I was just stunned. My heart was pounding. I was shaking," said Seale. In the bottom right corner appears to be Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, seemingly relaxed, with his hand to his chin. Seale believes Tsarnaev had already dropped his bag at that point. According to the official report, Dzokhar Tsarnaev is seen on surveillance dropping his backpack to the ground near the Forum Restaurant about 2:45 p.m. He then waited for about four minutes, lifted a phone to his head, finished the call, and the first bomb went off. Seconds later, the bomb exploded outside the Forum. Seale said he has emailed the FBI but hasn't heard back yet.

There's a video with that.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Martin75
It seems like every post I read just brings up more questions.

However, I think I MIGHT be able to solve one...this is with the finish times for the mathoners.
The official times that you see listed on the web site are not the same as the clock time that you see at the finish line. My husband runs marathons so I know LOTS about running times
With a race as large as Boston it can take some people quite a while to make it to the start line after the start gun goes off. They have a chip (either a chip they hook to shoes or now it is often part of the runner's bib) that will start the clock when the runner crosses the start line and times them to the finish line (they also set up sensors along the course to track the runners along the way). So someone finishing with an official time of 3:55 could actually be crossing the finish line with a clock time of 4:09. The official time will always be smaller than the clock time (unless you are an elite runner that starts right up front, then it should be the same). There is really no way to know chip time vs. clock time since they have taken down the search feature on the web site. Hope that this helps solve one mystery.

Thank you for the insight.
When I was looking at the "times" on the official site...before that feature was removed, they did give the various 'split' times, and even projected Finish Times...as well as (supposedly) the Official Finish Times for these two runners. I thought it odd that the projected Finish Time for the one who purportedly finished in 4:00:26, was virtually precisely what the projection had been.
Again - though... There are bits and pieces that haven't been fitting well...and maybe this will eventually fit perfectly.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Daytona Beach man says he captured picture of Boston Marathon suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev moments before blasts

link

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join