It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever spoken to a child who talked of a past life?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by itsjustme0421

he will have nightmares/can't sleep if he watched a tv show or movie that involves house fires

thanks for sharing this, you reminded me of strange fear i hold of water,
when i was a child i was a little slow at learning to swim, i can't remember how old i was when i finally learnt but i would have been around 10, i'll never forget being in a PE swimming lesson and being scared to jump into the shallow end of the childrens pool, i had no reason to be scared and i didn't even know why i was scared, but i was terrified,

yet on the other hand the following also happened but i'm not sure if this happened before or after the above mentioned swimming lessons

I nearly drown once because i thought it would be a good idea to go to the deep end and let go of the sides, even though i knew i couldn't swim, as i started sinking i knew straight away what was happening yet i still felt calm, luckily a pole appeared and the guard pulled me out, but when the guard asked me why i went into the deep end when i know i can't swim, i couldn't answer him, why would i do that?

I once had a dream that my nose would start bleeding during the swimming lesson I had next day, and guess what? my nose did bleed!

i dream about water pouring in through the plug sockets in my house, i once had a dream that there was a hole in our roof and it turned out there was! also, being on a beach in Wales and never being able to get away from the fast approaching waves, the more i run the closer the water seems to get.

i don't even like running shower water over my face as i always feel like i have to hold my breathe, instead i splash my face with water,

if we do have past lives then i'm sure one of mine involved lots of water!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I love this subject! Gave your thread Stars and a Flag.

I know reincarnation is real. It's not a belief but a knowledge. I have gained this knowledge from my studies of NDE's (Near Death Experiences). Of course, regression hypnosis confirms this. You will find many examples of these posted on my blog. (AngelicView)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I feel for me that the Dark Tower series was one of the many contributing factors to my ''awakening'', reincarnation is one of the many seemingly unreal subjects touched upon in the series. when i read the books I was completely oblivious to the real world that we actually live in, i thought the storylines were so odd, but at the same time they seemed so real and familiar,

I look forward to speaking to you again soon

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

Me, too!
Yes, part of my conviction is the irrational dreams and fears I have, too.
Plunging off of a cliff in a vehicle -
being in a plane that is going down or going to hit electrical lines -
being mauled by a large mammal (have never been mauled and I LOVE animals)
and,
yep! Drowning.

I think maybe our phobias and otherwise "innate" fears may well be linked to past lives, as well as our interests in certain cultures, places, or times in history.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

I'll check it out, thanks!
I really like your avatar, too. What a hottie.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

thank you, i'll be sure to check out your site as soon as i hit reply on this post.

my friend has been to a past life regression with her mum when she was younger, she was told that she was actually supposed to be mother to her own mother, (i hope this makes sense?).
i'll give you a little background info about her,

Her mum had a history of miscarrying after the 12 week point, and when her mum was carrying her the doctors kept telling her that it was just a phantom pregnancy and that they could give her some pills to get rid of the symptoms which she did not take as she just knew that she was pregnant, that night her mum was visited in a dream by her own mum, and she told her that ''we have been keeping the baby safe until we knew that your body could safely carry this child'', it was only at 22 weeks that the scan showed the baby for the first time,

this same amazing friend of mine was always looking out for her mum, it was clear when overhearing their telephone conversations that my friend was wise beyond her years, her mother was an alcoholic and last year she died fairly unexpected as a result of her addiction, it was heart breaking to see how lost my friend felt.

before her mum died she had being trying for a baby with her long term boyfriend but didn't succeed and had decided to stop actively trying, while her mum was alive she kept telling her that when she has a baby it should be named after her, my friend jokingly said to her mum ''the only way she'll take your name is if your dead'', my friend looks back and smiles at this, she says ''its typical of the lengths her mum would go to''

She got pregnant few months after her mum died and she was absolutely amazed as they'd just got used to the idea of maybe not being able to have children. when she went for a scan and they estimated the delivery date it was the same date as the day her mum died.

I know all of these can be seen as coincidences but I believe everything happens for a reason

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Wow, that story gave me chills. Thanks for sharing it.
My son was born on my husband's late-father's birthday. He's not my son's father - I was married at the time and we had a baby girl as well...

but that coincidence was one of the things that cemented my now-husband's and my relationship. We started to talk about it, and found we agreed about reincarnation.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
Hamlet (Shakespeare)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

weird, when i was a child i remember dreaming about a wild scary looking bore with teeth like horns sticking out of its bottom jaw and it was trying to maul me, i just remember trying to hold its mouth wide open so that it couldn't bite down,

i also had a really horrible dream that my cat was really ill and suffering very badly, i don't remember why, but i knew i had to put her out of her misery quickly, and i stabbed her in the side with a knife, but she still didn't die so i had to do it again...., its was so real and its creeping me out now just picturing the look on her face again.

i also have dreams of my teeth falling out, and i can feel the gaps of flesh with my tongue where my teeth should be.

i've also suffered sleep paralysis and exploding head syndrome, but both seem to have died down now,

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

it sounds like you were meant to meet each other, i don't feel that it was a coincidence as such, i feel it was probably a connection you already had, you just needed to re-establish the link, i hope that makes sense...

I'll be back online soon, thanks for everyone's replies so far

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I, too, have irrational fears of running water, tornadoes and plane crashes. For a long time I thought it stemmed from control issues(lack of control). The more I think about it...who knows.

This doesn't so mug have to do with reincarnation, but I am a firm believer that all babies are born with an instinctual sense of self. This gets changed and molded based on how they grow up.

A quick story:
My husband was adopted as a new born. He has pictures of German fighter jets that he drew. He was obsessed really. His adopted parents knew nothing about his biological parents. When he was in his mid thirties he found his biological mother. Both his parents were German(they came to the states when his mother was pregnant with him).

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

exploding head syndrome
Wait. Exploding head syndrome?

I wonder if that's what it is when I feel "expanding head sensation." !!
I've tried to describe it to people, but I've never met anyone that has had it. It started when I was a little girl - just this strange sensation that my head was WAY bigger than my skull....
sort of like it was a balloon of energy surrounding my physical head. I can do it at will, now, but for many decades it was just a come-and-go sort of feeling. I've always wondered about that.

Yes, I get the teeth falling out thing a lot, too.
And the boar? Yep, that's how they look - they have huge tusks coming up out of their jaws that they rub back and forth to "file each other down". I wrote a book a few years ago including a wild boar attack - so I looked up all about them.
Wowz......
weirdness.

edit on 27-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

Poor kitty! That would have been devastating for me.

edit on 27-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by itsjustme0421

Awesome story!! Yes, early fascinations of little kids is a key, I think.

When my son was 3 or 4, he made a pencil drawing of Beethoven at the piano, from a 3/4-bird's eye view, complete with scroll-work on the piano legs, coat with tails, wig.....the whole nine yards. He'd never seen a grand piano or a frock coat, that I can recall - I do watch lots of "costume movies," but never with them when they were little.

To this day, he can simply WATCH someone playing the piano, for instance on youtube he found the Moonlight Sonata with hands only playing it on a piano - and duplicate the keys. Amazing.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Teeth falling out dreams are a reflection of feeling powerless - with no teeth you can't stand up for yourself.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I thought it might be just the memory of losing our "baby teeth" - that was always disturbing for me. My mom used to tie a string to the root and push the door closed to get the really loose ones out. I hated that.

Or give my a caramel apple - usually did the trick. Yikes.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by speeddr2000

thank you for your suggestion, i might have to go on a bit of a book buying session soon

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Teeth falling out dreams are a reflection of feeling powerless

this would probably be correct for me at the time of having the dreams, i could sense that there was something wrong with the world around me but because i was so badly brainwashed i couldn't see it, i felt like i was supposed to be doing something important but i just didn't know what, so yes, i felt powerless,

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Poor kitty! That would have been devastating for me.

it was, i woke up in pure panic as though i'd really done it, i was away for the night too so i began to worry that maybe something had happened to her but she was fine,

as for the exploding head syndrome, i'm not sure if we've experienced the same thing, but if you've been experiencing it since childhood then over time maybe the symptoms have calmed a little maybe? i don't really know, its just that my first experience happened about 18 months ago and it was so abrupt it scared me half to death, i wonder if you've maybe always been more in tune with your more spiritual side since a young age so the symptoms are milder, where as my first knowledge of anything remotely spiritual was when i realised without a doubt that God existed, and that happened in one night, it was not long at all after that the exploding head syndrome started,

i was just drifting off to sleep, it was dark except for the faint glow of my digital alarm clock, which i had my back to, when all of a sudden i saw a bright flash through my closed eyes, and at exactly the same time i heard a really loud click, i imediately sat up and looked at the alarm clock thinking it had shorted out but it was fine, not really thinking anything of it i started to drift again, but it happened again within minutes but this time the sound was more like a deep buzz.

this time i knew it wasn't the alarm clock and it became obvious that the really loud sound was inside my own head, so was the flash. the next day I searched the net i found out it had a name, auditory sleep start or exploding head syndrome.

This happened quite a few times over a period of about 10 months and was usually followed by sleep paralysis (SP), but it was SP that really scares me, to feel a presence above me while not being able to move is very very scary,

just out of interest, have your books been published?

I also feel the need to apologise for my spelling and grammer and so on, i'm feeling a little conscious of it because your a writer, but something tells me your going to tell me not to be so silly!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
There is no way to check this out, but anyway:

I have a friend who, as a child, kept asking her mother when they were going home. When her mother asked her 'Where is home?' she described a bleak mountainous planet with an orange hue where they mainly lived underground. She remembers it very clearly. She eventually came to understand it was a previous life on another planet.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I had an experience with my son about 16 years ago when he was just about 4 yrs old.

He was sitting in front of the TV playing Nintendo one day when suddenly he started pestering me... "Dad, dad, you gotta help me get to the next level". I brushed him off and told him that I didn't feel like playing at the time. A few minutes later he started on me again, " Come on Dad...please, please help me... I want to play with the helicopters ". " What helicopters ? " I said. " The helicopters on the next level ". " They're really cool " he said.

I'm thinking to myself now ; There's no helicopters in this game, and neither one of us have been to the next level - this is a new game ! But he kept insisting that I help him get to the helicopters..."What makes you think that there's helicopters in this game ?" I finally asked him. "Cause I played this game before when I was big ," he said. " What do you mean -when you were big ... what was your name when you were big ? He just stared into space with a blank look on his face, and said nothing.

Now I'm curious, and I take the controller from him and start playing Nintendo.... 45 minutes later I hit the next level . Chills ran down my spine, and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up ! I'll be damned if the level didn't start off with multiple helicopters flying about....." see! I told you dad - HELICOPTERS !!! " I played this game before when I was big !

I've told this story multiple times to family and friends. I'll never forget it. I was aware of reincarnation stories before this incident, but was indifferent about the subject never giving it much thought. Now I'm a believer.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I know a young man who before the age of 4 spoke Spanish even though he was never exposed to it. He loved Mexican food (and still does) and has always been attracted to Hispanic ladies. It is the family joke that he was Hispanic in his past life, and it was so prevalent when he was little, that his granny calls him her "burrito baby"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join